The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Book Ban Overturned - Page 2 Mm11

Book Ban Overturned - Page 2 Regist10

Book Ban Overturned

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Book Ban Overturned - Page 2 Empty Re: Book Ban Overturned

Post by carly1979 on 19.10.10 15:28

yeah i noticed bonny is taking this really hard!!!!!!

its all over portugal newspapers online plus people in portugal saw the video!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.10.10 15:35

Just for JATYK so they can be sure it's true

http://jn.sapo.pt/PaginaInicial/Policia/Interior.aspx?content_id=1689944

Gonçalo Amaral's book on Maddie can return to newsstands13h06m
Marisa Rodrigues
Gonçalo Amaral's book on the case of Madeleine McCann could return to newsstands. The Court of Appeal of Lisbon just to agree with former coordinator of the Judicial Police, who always defended the thesis of the death of English girl.

photoRIGHTS RESERVED

The book by Gonçalo Amaral

"The book's content does not offend any of the applicants' fundamental rights" and "the exercise of its writing and publication is contained in the constitutional rights guaranteed to all by the European Convention on Human Rights and the Constitution of the Portuguese Republic," reads in ruling that JN had access.

In September 2009, after an injunction filed by the McCanns, the Lisbon Civil Court banned the sale of the book "True Lies" and still playing a documentary based on the work and issued by TVI. Decision that deserves harsh criticism of judges of appeal. Prohibiting the former coordinator of the PJ "to express your opinion, in any form (written, interview, analysis, comment) on what you wrote in that book, it restricts a constitutional and universal rights: the freedom of opinion and expression , "the ruling.

The three judges who signed the ruling judges consider also that the verdict of the Civil Court of Lisbon had violated the Constitution of the Portuguese Republic and the European Convention on Human Rights.

Aside from watching "True Lies" to return to newsstands, Gonçalo Amaral is thus restored the right to freedom of expression.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kangdang on 19.10.10 15:57

From Rui Pinto de Almeida (Rupail) twitter account -

Also, the documentary is allowed to be broadcasted.
21 minutes ago via web
Reply Retweet . The book can be sold anywhere in Europe or any other country.
21 minutes ago via web
Reply Retweet . It's new: High court decided that Gonçalo Amaral's book is allowed to be sell again
22 minutes ago via web

Indeed, I swallow a textbook everyday….a fact of which I am proud smug By far preferable and productive than wasting precious hours concocting and launching vitriolic attacks against others in the hope of gaining a few claps on a board frequented by lesser life form.
kangdang
kangdang

Back to top Go down

Post by kikoraton on 19.10.10 16:32

Brilliant news. Let's hope that all of GA's assets, (as I understand it) previously seized by the court, will now be returned to him. And that the book, in English, appears on the bookshelves in time for Christmas!!!
kikoraton
kikoraton
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl on 19.10.10 17:06

:yahoo: bravo woohooo youaretheman

This is just excellent news and WOW!!!, what a surprise it was too.

Congratulations Snr Amaral and good luck.

But, what has brought this about? Did he appeal? or has something else happened?

There has been a lot going on lately, many rats deserting the sinking ship - is there something that they`re not telling us? big grin

I am off home to open a celebratory bottle Book Ban Overturned - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYbARENRTBnRDrPI0s0OYN_IB8VwgWsamcqKozcQDvD0SJers&t=1&usg=__u63kkjGnKp_bVgQJZD_XHx9qGq8=

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.10.10 17:16

Portuguese Justice drops ban book about Madeleine
October 19, 2010 • 13.07 • updated at 13h39 Comments
0News
CollapseNormalEnlargePrintA Portuguese court today overturned a ban on the sale of the book on the Madeleine case by former investigator responsible for its investigation, Gonçalo Amaral, who relates the British child's parents to their hypothetical death.
A lawyer for the parents of Madeleine McCann, Elizabeth Duarte, with Efe confirmed the decision, contrary to the claims of their clients, which was issued today by the Court of Appeal (Board) from Lisbon after an appeal of the author.

The girl's mother, Kate McCann, called the court ruling "unbelievable," said the lawyer, who is studying possible measures to be adopted.Madeleine disappeared on May 3, 2007 in southern Portugal and their parents have organized a worldwide campaign to find her, although Amaral suggests in his book, published one year later, the girl may have died accidentally and the corpse was hidden by the McCanns.

The work, "Maddie, the Truth Lies", was suspended on a precautionary basis in September 9, 2009 and the prohibition of sale in Portugal and other countries was confirmed on 18 February this year when the Civil Court of Lisbon has given reason the complaint of defamation and damages done by parents.

With the appeal filed by former investigator considered today by the Court of Appeal upheld, the book can be re-marketed the same way as other publications related to content such as DVD produced by a Portuguese television channel in collaboration with the author .

Amaral is also released from the ban to give lectures or speak publicly about his work. The former investigator, who retired because of the episode, could not prove the involvement of parents in the girl's disappearance. On July 21, 2008, the Portuguese Attorney General closed the case and acquitted the McCanns.

http://noticias.terra.com.br/noticias/0,,OI4742530-EI188,00-Justica+portuguesa+derruba+proibicao+de+livro+sobre+Madeleine.html

bravo

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl on 19.10.10 17:22

This blog seems to have the latest news on the McCann case, quickly translated into English

http://mercedessigueaqui.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.10.10 17:25

Hope he gets the book out everywhere asap and start doing a round of interviews as well :yahoo:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.10.10 17:28

This news is being covered in many countries already, and not a peep from SKY. They were quick enough to report when the book was banned. They have been emailed by countless people and it is being discussed on the Brunty blog, and Madeleine discussion board. It's being twittered everywhere. They have no excuse. First for breaking news.........by a**e!! Nothing from any media in the UK, it's an absolute disgrace angry2
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl on 19.10.10 17:33

There is only one way to get this out to the British public and it seem that it`s down to us.

Twitter, Facebook, Digg, Stumble will all do for starters but there has to be another way thinking

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Mental on 19.10.10 17:40

candyfloss wrote:This news is being covered in many countries already, and not a peep from SKY. They were quick enough to report when the book was banned. They have been emailed by countless people and it is being discussed on the Brunty blog, and Madeleine discussion board. It's being twittered everywhere. They have no excuse. First for breaking news.........by a**e!! Nothing from any media in the UK, it's an absolute disgrace angry2

One always puts this down to the super-injunctions used by disease-ridden footballers, unscrupulous companies and parents and friends of a missing child who is presumed dead by the Portuguese police.

Although there may be a more simple explanation of course. Perhaps media moguls are under severe threat not to publish or air any material that would seem to go against the ridiculous story of abduction.
Judge Mental
Judge Mental

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Mental on 19.10.10 17:43

Have these dastardly people told the media they are going to appeal against this most unfavourable decision yet?

One is rather interested as to whether during the revisional process of Amaral's book, he will pop in some of those things he has not yet revealed.

exalt exalt exalt
Judge Mental
Judge Mental

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.10.10 17:43

@Judge Mental wrote:
candyfloss wrote:This news is being covered in many countries already, and not a peep from SKY. They were quick enough to report when the book was banned. They have been emailed by countless people and it is being discussed on the Brunty blog, and Madeleine discussion board. It's being twittered everywhere. They have no excuse. First for breaking news.........by a**e!! Nothing from any media in the UK, it's an absolute disgrace angry2

One always puts this down to the super-injunctions used by disease-ridden footballers, unscrupulous companies and parents and friends of a missing child who is presumed dead by the Portuguese police.

Although there may be a more simple explanation of course. Perhaps media moguls are under severe threat not to publish or air any material that would seem to go against the ridiculous story of abduction.

They are probably awaiting news from a source which will have the usual spin on it big grin
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern on 19.10.10 17:48

Book Ban Overturned - Page 2 Bring_10

smug
Jill Havern
Jill Havern

http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.10.10 17:50

I rang Sky and had a go at them, they said they were still investigating it, so I let them know how many other countries were reporting it and they are supposed to be first for news and are a total laughing stock and they are supposed to be impartial - they reported the ban but not reporting the lifting of the ban.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern on 19.10.10 17:50

Good for you Cherry thumbsup clapping1 bravo
Jill Havern
Jill Havern

http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie on 19.10.10 17:52

@pennylane wrote: Tick....... tock........ McCanns........ bomb

I have never tick ...tocked before but today I just feel like it

Tick .........Tock... bomb bomb bomb

Well Done Cherry clapping1
littlepixie
littlepixie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.10.10 18:07

@littlepixie wrote:
@pennylane wrote: Tick....... tock........ McCanns........ bomb

I have never tick ...tocked before but today I just feel like it

Tick .........Tock... bomb bomb bomb

Well Done Cherry clapping1

Yes, well done Cherry, perhaps we all need to email Sky, and tell them they are a laughing stock. First for breaking news yeah right. The whole world is reporting the story, and they are not. They have Wayne Rooney want to leave United as breaking news, sarcastic and yet nothing about this when they made such a big thing about the banning of the book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Shibboleth on 19.10.10 18:10

I called them myself and told them just after midday GMT. It is now after 6:00 pm and there is not a single word, not one, on their website that is "first for breaking news." If I did not know better, I might just think that there is a news blackout. winkwink
Shibboleth
Shibboleth

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.10.10 18:15

@Shibboleth wrote:I called them myself and told them just after midday GMT. It is now after 6:00 pm and there is not a single word, not one, on their website that is "first for breaking news." If I did not know better, I might just think that there is a news blackout. winkwink

It does make you wonder doesn't it. Something's going on. First we have 2 directors resign. Then Gamble quits, KM in PDL, and 3 new detectives hired hmmmmmmmmmm thinking
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kathyBelle on 19.10.10 18:52

I haven't stopped smiling big grin since I heard the news, Goncalo must feel as if a weight has been lifted from his shoulders, now the ban on his book has been lifted. I am hoping that he wins his next fight against the McCanns, when they try to sue him for part of his pension and half of his house.

The "gruesome twosome" showed how low they would stoop, when they made money out of Madeleine's disappearance. They now want to make Goncalo penniless and he and his family homeless.

I am sending cyber (((((hugs))))) and congratulations to Goncalo. I hope he reads all the messages his friends have sent to him, on Jill's forum, Joana Morais's forum and any other pro Goncalo/ Madeleine forum.
kathyBelle

Back to top Go down

Post by saloongirl on 19.10.10 19:16

Cherry wrote:I rang Sky and had a go at them, they said they were still investigating it, so I let them know how many other countries were reporting it and they are supposed to be first for news and are a total laughing stock and they are supposed to be impartial - they reported the ban but not reporting the lifting of the ban.

Well done Cherry! bravo

This lifting of the ban will hopefully also be one in the eye for Carter Ruck's threats against Tony Bennett and his booklets and video.
saloongirl
saloongirl

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl on 19.10.10 19:24

clapping1 clapping1 clapping1

Well done Cherry - that was absolutely brilliant thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by saloongirl on 19.10.10 19:32

I can just imagine how it will be if it is reported by the uk media...."Fresh heartache for the McCanns...." etc etc.
saloongirl
saloongirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.10.10 19:48

Unfortunately didnt do much good though as they havent reported it as yet as far as I know
but it just goes to show the complete hypocrisy of it all when they were more than happy to plaster the banning of the book all over the news.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum