The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™️ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Crackdown on 'corrosive' online hate crimes launched by Crown Prosecution Service

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Crackdown on 'corrosive' online hate crimes launched by Crown Prosecution Service

Post by plebgate on 25.08.17 0:45

ChippyM wrote:Just what we need. More prosecutions for dumb things people say online. Never mind the rapists and abusers that get given a slap on the wrist and go on to ruin multiple lives, the dwindling resources of the police are going to be concentrating on the intarwebs.

I wonder who else will be using these tighter rules on 'trolls' to shut down discussion?  

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/hate-crimes-social-media-crown-prosecution-service-home-office-prejudice-a7903166.html

''Changes 'will remind the trolling brigade that there are real consequences for hitting the button' and will 'undoubtedly lead to an increase in prosecutions'

Hate crimes committed on social media will be treated as seriously as similar street-based offences, according to new guidelines issued by the Crown Prosecution Service as they launch a crackdown on hate speech online.

Recognising the “corrosive effect” of hate crime on British society, Alison Saunders, the director of public prosecutions, announced the CPS will now revise prosecutions of such crimes “with the same robust and proactive approach used with offline offending”. 

The changes could lead to a dramatic increase in those being prosecuted for posting prejudice attacks on social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.

Jenny Wiltshire, the head of general crime at Hickman and Rose solicitors, told The Independent the change in policy from the CPS reflects “the fact that the internet has become a breeding ground for misogynist, racist and homophobic views”. 

She continued: “The decision to treat offences committed online no differently from offline offences will undoubtedly lead to an increase in prosecutions. It will also remind the trolling brigade that there are real consequences for hitting the button”.
Asking questions and discussing official public documents cannot be considered a hate crime.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

Back to top Go down

Re: Crackdown on 'corrosive' online hate crimes launched by Crown Prosecution Service

Post by JimbobJones on 25.08.17 8:41

"Asking questions and discussing official public documents cannot be considered a hate crime."
Certainly not by honest, decent people with empathy or respect for others. But that is not who we are dealing with. The people who come up with such overbearing garbage have NONE of the qualities mentioned. Expect more of these totalitarian measures in this New Age of Feudal Repression.

JimbobJones

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 25.08.17 9:04

The Thought Police.

Orwell saw it.
BlueBag

Back to top Go down

Re; crack down on hate crime.

Post by willowthewisp on 25.08.17 10:07

BlueBag wrote:The Thought Police.

Orwell saw it.
Yes,the"Thought Police"you know the ones who prosecuted the"Lost Prophets"lead singers ex wife of trying to procure him into an act of crime,against Minors,infants?
The same thought"Police"who waited for a further Four years before acting on"Criminal behaviour,Drugs"where upon the Police must have elicited the evidence from his phone or abode?
Take a Bow South Wales Police,oh and South Yorkshire Police?

willowthewisp

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 25.08.17 14:39

It's a shocking state of affairs willow - absolutely shocking.
His ex wife has welcomed the watchdogs findings.   Will she sue?

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum