The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

President Trump

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re;President Trump

Post by willowthewisp on 13.11.16 13:31

@kaz wrote:I'm not so sure these 'right wing' and  'left wing' labels are nearly so clear cut as we are led to believe by the BBC and media in general. I really do believe that a lot of Brexit's and Trumpet's ( ? ) success is down to the fact that citizens are thoroughly sick of Global Economics . There was a time when large companies employed local people , paid their taxes and felt at least a little bit responsible for the local environment . Then came the threats of moving companies abroad where labour was cheaper and responsibility less demanding. Then of course came outsourcing ( think BT) and the final straw bringing in your own cheap labour which cut costs even further. There's no longer any loyalty or commitment from these companies that make huge profits . They don't even provide pension schemes for their employees anymore and some that do think of it as their own personal bank account! Oh you can argue that all this is the Brave New World we live in but do we, the working people of the world really want this? All change isn't progressive and millions of people thrown out of work or earning just above subsistence level are having their say at last. Does it really matter if Theresa May did offer a sweetener to Nissan to keep manufacturing in Britain? I'd rather taxpayers' money was spent giving our fellow citizens worthwhile employment than a  world of depressing benefit payments.
Hi Kaz,agree with your comments about Globalisation,Donald,wants to know if you wish to join his A Team,Guiliani,Palin,etc,wonder if the Rumsfeld and Cheney to resume back to Capitol Hill,as they were fans of "Waterboarding" just like Donald has said?
Looks like the second states of America(European Union)wheels may be coming off the Wagon,if Netherlands,France and Germany vote for a"Nationalist" Governments in 2017?

willowthewisp

Posts : 1681
Reputation : 666
Join date : 2015-05-07

Back to top Go down

Re: President Trump

Post by Verdi on 13.11.16 20:00

Trump election: Up to three million migrants 'to be targeted'

1 hour ago

US President-elect Donald Trump has said he will deport or jail up to three million illegal migrants initially.
Those targeted would be migrants with criminal records, such as gang members and drug dealers, he told US broadcaster CBS in an interview.

Read on..

http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37969112

I'm not American so maybe shouldn't opine on the subject but I say thumbsup to that!  Quite how he intends to proceed with such a mammoth task is all a matter of conjecture but I admire the sentiment.

Whist I duck and dive the arrows of humanitarians and anti-Trump'ites, I trust a few other countries might follow by example.  Charity begins at home..

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
avatar
Verdi
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 5379
Reputation : 3190
Join date : 2015-02-02

Back to top Go down

Re: President Trump

Post by BlueBag on 13.11.16 21:33

It has to be done.

Otherwise it's open borders everywhere.

And a race to the bottom in terms of standards of living for ordinary people. 

There are literally billions of people on the planet keen to get to America/Europe and get their hands on a "better life" and free stuff.

It won't last long.

The better life and free stuff that is.

For us.

God... where is this all going?
avatar
BlueBag

Posts : 4181
Reputation : 1997
Join date : 2014-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: President Trump

Post by aquila on 13.11.16 22:09

I agree there is a need for rigid border control between USA and Mexico and if that means a wall then a wall it has to be.
avatar
aquila

Posts : 8418
Reputation : 1534
Join date : 2011-09-03

Back to top Go down

Re: President Trump

Post by Verdi on 13.11.16 22:59

Rivers of Blood -  speech by Enoch Powell [circa. 1968]

But while, to the immigrant, entry to this country was admission to privileges and opportunities eagerly sought, the impact upon the existing population was very different. For reasons which they could not comprehend, and in pursuance of a decision by default, on which they were never consulted, they found themselves made strangers in their own country.

They found their wives unable to obtain hospital beds in childbirth, their children unable to obtain school places, their homes and neighbourhoods changed beyond recognition, their plans and prospects for the future defeated; at work they found that employers hesitated to apply to the immigrant worker the standards of discipline and competence required of the native-born worker; they began to hear, as time went by, more and more voices which told them that they were now the unwanted. They now learn that a one-way privilege is to be established by act of parliament; a law which cannot, and is not intended to, operate to protect them or redress their grievances is to be enacted to give the stranger, the disgruntled and the agent-provocateur the power to pillory them for their private actions.
----------
 
A visionary - and they said he was mad.

Over a number of years the UK was gradually invaded by Afro-Caribbeans looking for a better quality of life, with them they brought their own culture  and their own brand of crime.  What they didn't want was the police interfering with their mode of living even though it was destroying respectable hard working local communities.  Much like the British who migrate to sunnier climes (for whatever reason), they didn't want to live by local customs but instead formed communities to cater for their own culture, gradually ousting established local people to pave the way for more of their own.  The tension between the Afro-Caribbean communities and the police escalated to the point of rioting resulting in the loss of many lives and destruction of property.

A visionary - and they said he was mad.

Decades later the horizon has been expanded to allow for mass immigration from any part of the globe.  How can the UK support the weight of this burden?

I digress.

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx
avatar
Verdi
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 5379
Reputation : 3190
Join date : 2015-02-02

Back to top Go down

Re: President Trump

Post by BlueBag on 14.11.16 8:00

Enoch the prophet.

He was.


"How can the UK support the weight of this burden?"


It's creaking now, there will come a breaking point and then nobody benefits.


I've said this before, we are not really racist - we are probably the most tolerant people on the planet. Look what we tolerated since the end of Word War II.


However there is a limit and we can't take every person who says they want to come here. It's insanity.
We don't have the houses, the schools, the hospitals, the police, the prisons, the jobs (unless you take them off someone who actually dares to want a decent wage).


I'm also sick of not being able to stand up for MY culture whilst having to appreciate - celebrate even - everyone else's. Including those cultures based on evil doctrines.


I'm sick of being told that the white man is the problem.


It's all part of the globalist agenda anyway. They have been chipping away at the notion of nationhood again since WWII. They never asked anyone, they never told anyone, they are just steamrollering the world.


You can see how the USA has been affected, the American people finally seem to have woken up to what is happening.
avatar
BlueBag

Posts : 4181
Reputation : 1997
Join date : 2014-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: President Trump

Post by BlueBag on 14.11.16 9:10

Trump appoints Washington insiders to key positions.

Priebus - Chief of staff - Neocon of the Bush school.  
Bannon - A Goldman Sachs guy for Treasury Secretary.

He now says he's not interested in going after Hillary and described her and Bill as good people.

Business as usual in America.

He didn't last long.

A lot of people are going to be pissed - this is not what they voted for.
avatar
BlueBag

Posts : 4181
Reputation : 1997
Join date : 2014-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: President Trump

Post by kaz on 14.11.16 9:49

@BlueBag wrote:Enoch the prophet.

He was.


"How can the UK support the weight of this burden?"


It's creaking now, there will come a breaking point and then nobody benefits.


I've said this before, we are not really racist - we are probably the most tolerant people on the planet. Look what we tolerated since the end of Word War II.


However there is a limit and we can't take every person who says they want to come here. It's insanity.
We don't have the houses, the schools, the hospitals, the police, the prisons, the jobs (unless you take them off someone who actually dares to want a decent wage).


I'm also sick of not being able to stand up for MY culture whilst having to appreciate - celebrate even - everyone else's. Including those cultures based on evil doctrines.


I'm sick of being told that the white man is the problem.


It's all part of the globalist agenda anyway. They have been chipping away at the notion of nationhood again since WWII. They never asked anyone, they never told anyone, they are just steamrollering the world.


You can see how the USA has been affected, the American people finally seem to have woken up to what is happening.
Absolutely endorse all you say here Bluebag. I'm sick of hearing about 'white man' said in a derogatory voice , a sneer and a condescending air. It's verging on   racism against whites ( is this even possible in today's world? )  I don't hate foreigners.......................my family is originally South European....................but as Enoch Powell says in his speech (quoted by Verdi above) our schools, hospitals and roads are full to bursting point. Only read today in the Daily Fail that the NHS is in mortal danger '' because of a ageing population.' That is so a red rag to a bull for me. The NHS isn't some wonderful institute handed to the people on a plate. It's a service we have built with taxpayers' money since the forties and suddenly it's not available to us. No one seems to mention all those people flooding in who haven't paid a penny towards it. Oh I'm off on one AGAIN......................

kaz

Posts : 414
Reputation : 348
Join date : 2014-08-18

Back to top Go down

Re: President Trump

Post by kaz on 14.11.16 9:55

@BlueBag wrote:Trump appoints Washington insiders to key positions.

Priebus - Chief of staff - Neocon of the Bush school.  
Bannon - A Goldman Sachs guy for Treasury Secretary.

He now says he's not interested in going after Hillary and described her and Bill as good people.

Business as usual in America.

He didn't last long.

A lot of people are going to be pissed - this is not what they voted for.
Like Theresa May, Trump may well renege on a lot of his promises . Politics seems to be one giant cartel regardless of which side of the fence they pretend to be on  but  TPTB have had notice that we're watching their every move and won't settle for the same old, same old . That's some sort of progress anyway.

kaz

Posts : 414
Reputation : 348
Join date : 2014-08-18

Back to top Go down

Hillary Clinton may have won the election by up to 2 million votes

Post by Tony Bennett on 14.11.16 10:11

This is a very interesting article, worth a read:

http://heavy.com/news/2016/11/popular-vote-clinton-trump-hillary-2016-2012-2008-uncounted-ballots-electoral-college-presidential-election-results-california/

First of all, it reveals that up to 7 million votes are still to be counted! Many of them are in California, where Clinton has a large majority, so her vote tally is going to increase more than Trump's by the time the count is finished. She is already over 600,000 votes ahead of Trump. None of this will alter the election result, as Trump is too far ahead in all the states he has won.

The other thing I found very interesting is a chart towards the end of this article.

It shows very clearly indeed that there has NOT been an overall surge of support for Trump.

On the contrary, it looks like he will achieve about the same number of votes that Mitt Romney gained for the Republicans four years ago.

What is clearly shown is that there has been a significant collapse in the Democrat vote since four years ago, for whatever reason. Barack Obama got well over 65 million votes in the last two elections. Hillary Clinton is likely to get around 4 million fewer.

____________________


2007 (28 June) Dr Gerry McCann: “I have no doubt we will be able to sustain a high profile for Madeleine’s disappearance in the long-term”.

2017 (February) Dr Kate McCannthrust into a global bidding war…news giants battle to sign her up for the 10th anniversary…offered huge bids…bombarded with offers…30 sitting on the table…getting new bids every other day…one told Kate and Gerry: ‘Name your price!’
                        

avatar
Tony Bennett

Posts : 14616
Reputation : 2771
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Shropshire

Back to top Go down

Re: President Trump

Post by BlueBag on 14.11.16 10:39

Like I said Tony... if it was a pure popular vote the results would be different - more real people would vote.

It would mean they have to examine the election process and eliminate rigging (dead people, registration with fake ids) - people who now had a real vote would want to make sure it counted.

It would mean that republicans in many states could actually vote and not feel it was wasted.

We have that problem here in many areas of Britain.

My vote is always wasted as it is ALWAYS Labour who win - it makes you wonder what the point of voting is.
avatar
BlueBag

Posts : 4181
Reputation : 1997
Join date : 2014-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: President Trump

Post by Tony Bennett on 14.11.16 11:15

@BlueBag wrote:Like I said Tony... if it was a pure popular vote the results would be different - more real people would vote.
I have some good news for you @ Blue Bag.

The mainstream media are going to reform themselves.

The great New York Times has promised to be more accurate in future:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-elections/new-york-times-post-trump-victory-promise-report-world-news-us-lection-2016-a7414616.html

winkwinkwinkwinkwinkwink

____________________


2007 (28 June) Dr Gerry McCann: “I have no doubt we will be able to sustain a high profile for Madeleine’s disappearance in the long-term”.

2017 (February) Dr Kate McCannthrust into a global bidding war…news giants battle to sign her up for the 10th anniversary…offered huge bids…bombarded with offers…30 sitting on the table…getting new bids every other day…one told Kate and Gerry: ‘Name your price!’
                        

avatar
Tony Bennett

Posts : 14616
Reputation : 2771
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Shropshire

Back to top Go down

Re;President Trump

Post by willowthewisp on 14.11.16 12:07

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@BlueBag wrote:Like I said Tony... if it was a pure popular vote the results would be different - more real people would vote.
I have some good news for you @ Blue Bag.

The mainstream media are going to reform themselves.

The great New York Times has promised to be more accurate in future:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-elections/new-york-times-post-trump-victory-promise-report-world-news-us-lection-2016-a7414616.html

winkwinkwinkwinkwinkwink
Like closing the Stable door after the Horse has bolted?

willowthewisp

Posts : 1681
Reputation : 666
Join date : 2015-05-07

Back to top Go down

Re: President Trump

Post by Tony Bennett on 14.11.16 12:22

As this chart shows...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business/market_data/stockmarket/2/one_month.stm

The U.S. stock market index (Dow Jones) has risen from around 17,900 to around 18,900 within the last week alone

That's a rise of over 5%. Imagine your income suddenly going up over 5% in just one week.

The British stock market (FTSE) index is also up several percentage points since Brexit.

____________________


2007 (28 June) Dr Gerry McCann: “I have no doubt we will be able to sustain a high profile for Madeleine’s disappearance in the long-term”.

2017 (February) Dr Kate McCannthrust into a global bidding war…news giants battle to sign her up for the 10th anniversary…offered huge bids…bombarded with offers…30 sitting on the table…getting new bids every other day…one told Kate and Gerry: ‘Name your price!’
                        

avatar
Tony Bennett

Posts : 14616
Reputation : 2771
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Shropshire

Back to top Go down

Re;President Trump

Post by willowthewisp on 14.11.16 12:52

@Tony Bennett wrote:As this chart shows...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business/market_data/stockmarket/2/one_month.stm

The U.S. stock market index (Dow Jones) has risen from around 17,900 to around 18,900 within the last week alone

That's a rise of over 5%. Imagine your income suddenly going up over 5% in just one week.

The British stock market (FTSE) index is also up several percentage points since Brexit.
George Soros and cohorts very happy now?

willowthewisp

Posts : 1681
Reputation : 666
Join date : 2015-05-07

Back to top Go down

Re: President Trump

Post by plebgate on 14.11.16 16:19

@BlueBag wrote:Trump appoints Washington insiders to key positions.

Priebus - Chief of staff - Neocon of the Bush school.  
Bannon - A Goldman Sachs guy for Treasury Secretary.

He now says he's not interested in going after Hillary and described her and Bill as good people.

Business as usual in America.

He didn't last long.

A lot of people are going to be pissed - this is not what they voted for.
He was never going to go after Hillary.  As he announced that she would be in prison if he won it wasn't very difficult to work out that any defence lawyer would use that statement to get any sort of trial thrown out of court.  

In any case it has been reported that Obama will "Pardon" her before he leaves office.

It's all a game but as someone on RT channel said - if he blows it in two years the American people will make it very difficult for him.   They will make sure that the Opposition are elected  into the ?Senate and then his hands really will be tied.  Out at the next election. 

The people really are fed up with this game playing.  He has an opportunity to change it, let's hope he takes it.

____________________
Judge Judy to shifty  witnesses   -    LOOK AT ME  -   Um is not an answer.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

Posts : 5980
Reputation : 1667
Join date : 2013-02-01

Back to top Go down

Re: President Trump

Post by plebgate on 14.11.16 16:24

@kaz wrote:
@BlueBag wrote:Enoch the prophet.

He was.


"How can the UK support the weight of this burden?"


It's creaking now, there will come a breaking point and then nobody benefits.


I've said this before, we are not really racist - we are probably the most tolerant people on the planet. Look what we tolerated since the end of Word War II.


However there is a limit and we can't take every person who says they want to come here. It's insanity.
We don't have the houses, the schools, the hospitals, the police, the prisons, the jobs (unless you take them off someone who actually dares to want a decent wage).


I'm also sick of not being able to stand up for MY culture whilst having to appreciate - celebrate even - everyone else's. Including those cultures based on evil doctrines.


I'm sick of being told that the white man is the problem.


It's all part of the globalist agenda anyway. They have been chipping away at the notion of nationhood again since WWII. They never asked anyone, they never told anyone, they are just steamrollering the world.


You can see how the USA has been affected, the American people finally seem to have woken up to what is happening.
Absolutely endorse all you say here Bluebag. I'm sick of hearing about 'white man' said in a derogatory voice , a sneer and a condescending air. It's verging on   racism against whites ( is this even possible in today's world? )  I don't hate foreigners.......................my family is originally South European....................but as Enoch Powell says in his speech (quoted by Verdi above) our schools, hospitals and roads are full to bursting point. Only read today in the Daily Fail that the NHS is in mortal danger '' because of a ageing population.' That is so a red rag to a bull for me. The NHS isn't some wonderful institute handed to the people on a plate. It's a service we have built with taxpayers' money since the forties and suddenly it's not available to us. No one seems to mention all those people flooding in who haven't paid a penny towards it. Oh I'm off on one AGAIN......................
I agree, I have been saying this for years.  Blame it on an ageing population, easy targets.  Never any mention of those who are coming here for our very generous benefits system or the people who come on "holiday" and give birth here then return home owing hundreds of thousands of pounds.

Sick to the back teeth of the lot of our politicians and it's about time our politicans started speaking up for us.

Will they eck as like though.

____________________
Judge Judy to shifty  witnesses   -    LOOK AT ME  -   Um is not an answer.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

Posts : 5980
Reputation : 1667
Join date : 2013-02-01

Back to top Go down

Re: President Trump

Post by plebgate on 14.11.16 16:25

@Tony Bennett wrote:As this chart shows...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business/market_data/stockmarket/2/one_month.stm

The U.S. stock market index (Dow Jones) has risen from around 17,900 to around 18,900 within the last week alone

That's a rise of over 5%. Imagine your income suddenly going up over 5% in just one week.

The British stock market (FTSE) index is also up several percentage points since Brexit.
The greedy MPs' income suddenly went up 11% with their new pay rise.

Shocking but true.

____________________
Judge Judy to shifty  witnesses   -    LOOK AT ME  -   Um is not an answer.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

Posts : 5980
Reputation : 1667
Join date : 2013-02-01

Back to top Go down

Re: President Trump

Post by Richard IV on 14.11.16 20:58

@plebgate wrote:
@BlueBag wrote:Trump appoints Washington insiders to key positions.

Priebus - Chief of staff - Neocon of the Bush school.  
Bannon - A Goldman Sachs guy for Treasury Secretary.

He now says he's not interested in going after Hillary and described her and Bill as good people.

Business as usual in America.

He didn't last long.

A lot of people are going to be pissed - this is not what they voted for.
He was never going to go after Hillary.  As he announced that she would be in prison if he won it wasn't very difficult to work out that any defence lawyer would use that statement to get any sort of trial thrown out of court.  

In any case it has been reported that Obama will "Pardon" her before he leaves office.

It's all a game but as someone on RT channel said - if he blows it in two years the American people will make it very difficult for him.   They will make sure that the Opposition are elected  into the ?Senate and then his hands really will be tied.  Out at the next election. 

The people really are fed up with this game playing.  He has an opportunity to change it, let's hope he takes it.
He was very careful not to say he`s not going after Hillary.  All he said was they were nice people and to ask him on the next `60 mins` programme. IMO he will work out some way to indict her.  Maybe by handing it over to the new Attorney General to decide.  If that`s Guilliani, he`ll definitely go after her, but if it`s Trey Gowdy, less so.  I hope it`s not Guilliani - I don`t trust the man.

If Obama pardons Hillary, he`ll have to pardon every other member of her clique including Bill.
avatar
Richard IV

Posts : 552
Reputation : 261
Join date : 2015-03-06

Back to top Go down

Re: President Trump

Post by Richard IV on 14.11.16 21:11

@BlueBag wrote:Enoch the prophet.

He was.


"How can the UK support the weight of this burden?"


It's creaking now, there will come a breaking point and then nobody benefits.


I've said this before, we are not really racist - we are probably the most tolerant people on the planet. Look what we tolerated since the end of Word War II.


However there is a limit and we can't take every person who says they want to come here. It's insanity.
We don't have the houses, the schools, the hospitals, the police, the prisons, the jobs (unless you take them off someone who actually dares to want a decent wage).


I'm also sick of not being able to stand up for MY culture whilst having to appreciate - celebrate even - everyone else's. Including those cultures based on evil doctrines.


I'm sick of being told that the white man is the problem.


It's all part of the globalist agenda anyway. They have been chipping away at the notion of nationhood again since WWII. They never asked anyone, they never told anyone, they are just steamrollering the world.


You can see how the USA has been affected, the American people finally seem to have woken up to what is happening.
Enoch was right but no one paid heed.

Australia is also affected - this is a muslim woman kicking off because she didn`t like a visitor`s t-shirt.

avatar
Richard IV

Posts : 552
Reputation : 261
Join date : 2015-03-06

Back to top Go down

Re: President Trump

Post by Tony Bennett on 14.11.16 23:14

As the final votes get tallied up, this website...

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/nov/14/blog-posting/no-donald-trump-not-beating-hillary-clinton-popula/

...says that during the past few hours, Clinton's popular vote tally over Trump has exceeded him by 668,059 votes, then 668,483 votes, later 784,748, and now apparently over 800,000.

We might well end up with Clinton having won over a million more votes than Trump.

Clinton's camp is reportedly talking of asking 4 million voters who can change their votes to do so.

I read somewhere that Trump wasn't going to bother claiming his Presidential salary because 'I have enough money and don't need to'. Has this been confirmed?

____________________


2007 (28 June) Dr Gerry McCann: “I have no doubt we will be able to sustain a high profile for Madeleine’s disappearance in the long-term”.

2017 (February) Dr Kate McCannthrust into a global bidding war…news giants battle to sign her up for the 10th anniversary…offered huge bids…bombarded with offers…30 sitting on the table…getting new bids every other day…one told Kate and Gerry: ‘Name your price!’
                        

avatar
Tony Bennett

Posts : 14616
Reputation : 2771
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Shropshire

Back to top Go down

Re: President Trump

Post by sallypelt on 15.11.16 10:21

@Tony Bennett wrote:As the final votes get tallied up, this website...

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/nov/14/blog-posting/no-donald-trump-not-beating-hillary-clinton-popula/

...says that during the past few hours, Clinton's popular vote tally over Trump has exceeded him by 668,059 votes, then 668,483 votes, later 784,748, and now apparently over 800,000.

We might well end up with Clinton having won over a million more votes than Trump.

Clinton's camp is reportedly talking of asking 4 million voters who can change their votes to do so.

I read somewhere that Trump wasn't going to bother claiming his Presidential salary because 'I have enough money and don't need to'. Has this been confirmed?
Trump has always said he will not take the president's salary. You can see him confirming it, from this Youtube video:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xbabgEcEws

sallypelt

Posts : 3591
Reputation : 771
Join date : 2012-11-10

Back to top Go down

Re: President Trump

Post by sallypelt on 15.11.16 10:31

Trump,s long road to the presidency. Now that the shouting is over, let's give him a chance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCabT_O0YSM


The video that will change the anti-Trump's mind.

sallypelt

Posts : 3591
Reputation : 771
Join date : 2012-11-10

Back to top Go down

Re: President Trump

Post by sallypelt on 24.01.17 13:26

Will Trump destroy the American press, and if so, would it be a good or a bad thing?

Trump and truth

This is a critical moment for journalism, particularly in the United States.
More than 40 years ago, the unmasking of the Watergate break-in inspired journalists around the world.
Reporters appeared as tireless investigators holding the most powerful to account.
Now, a new president declares the fourth estate "dishonest human beings".
A global survey published last week found only 43% of people trusted the traditional media.

Journalists find themselves on the defensive having to demonstrate their integrity to a sceptical public.
Donald Trump believes he is in a "running war" with parts of the media.
This struggle over who defines the facts will be a central feature of his administration.
Social media enables leaders to bypass traditional media and to talk to the public directly.
Donald Trump, with his 34,000 tweets, understands the reach and the power this gives him.
He can sit in the White House and, with a single tweet, define the news agenda of the day or distract attention away from uncomfortable news.
Some of the traditional media now accept they were instrumental in the rise of Donald Trump.
He was good for ratings.
He was the "candidate that kept on giving", as you would regularly hear in Washington.

But President Trump's rise to power was partly built on attacking the media.
At rally after rally, I watched Donald Trump point at the press pen and denounce journalists as "terrible" people, the "worst".
It was a deliberate tactic.
He wanted to define much of the media as part of the establishment elite who had ignored the plight of ordinary Americans.
He sowed the seed that journalists and their stories about him could not be trusted.
Painting journalists as untrustworthy gave him cover when he was accused of lying and exaggeration.

Link to full article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38731191

sallypelt

Posts : 3591
Reputation : 771
Join date : 2012-11-10

Back to top Go down

Re: President Trump

Post by BlueBag on 24.01.17 15:00

@sallypelt wrote:Will Trump destroy the American press, and if so, would it be a good or a bad thing?
No.

But things will appear to change.
avatar
BlueBag

Posts : 4181
Reputation : 1997
Join date : 2014-06-06

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
McCanns apt & hire car


Blood and cadaver alerts
dismissed by UK Government


Retired DCI Gonçalo Amaral: "The English can always present the conclusions to which they themselves arrived in 2007. Because they know, they have the evidence of what happened - they don't need to investigate anything. All this is now a mere 'show off'."

Retired murder DCI Colin Sutton: "I would also like to make the point that Operation Grange was so restricted from the start as to be destined to fail."

Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley made public on national TV that Operation Grange is a complete fraud.

Ex-DCI Andy Redwood had a "revelation moment" on BBC's Crimewatch on 14th October 2013 when he announced that Operation Grange had eliminated the Tanner sighting - which opened up the 'window of opportunity', in accordance with their remit, to allow the fake abduction to happen.

Despite "irrelevant behaviour" from blood and cadaver dogs in the McCann's apartment, on Kate McCann's clothes, and in the car they hired three weeks after Maddie disappeared, Ex-Chief Inspector, Ian Horrocks, said: "The thought that Kate and Gerry McCann had anything to do with the death of their daughter is frankly preposterous."

Gerry McCann called for example to be made of 'trolls'. SKY News reporter Martin Brunt doorstepped Brenda Leyland on 2 October 2014. She was then found dead in a Leicester hotel room. Brenda paid the price. She paid with her life.

Ex-Deputy Chief Constable, Jim Gamble QPM, congratulated SKY reporter, Martin Brunt, on twitter for doorstepping Brenda Leyland on behalf of Gerry McCann.

Prime Minister Theresa May introduces Prime Suspect Kate McCann to Royalty: The Duchess of Gloucester.

Good Cop Down: The reality of being a police whistleblower
https://goodcopdown.wordpress.com/