The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Mark Carney, 'Quantitative Easing' - and Brexit

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mark Carney, 'Quantitative Easing' - and Brexit

Post by willowthewisp on 06.07.16 18:05

I am not an economist but since the Referendum vote, Mr Carney is making billions of pounds available to prop up the Money Markets over the fall of Sterling price!

Surely if you make more of the "Sterling currency" available to the markets, via Quantitative Easing, banks would further reduce the price of Sterling?

It would seem that all the banks have done with the billions of pounds given to them from the UK Government has been to buy up the falling stocks they had sold to their customers (at a loss to the consumer).

Then it seems as though the "Stock" the banks re-bought, Q/E, have been renamed as "New Products" to entice the consumer to re-invest their funds once again, "Buy Low, Sell High", whilst raking in millions on transaction costs to the consumer?

I know this as a fact:  When Barclays Bank reps invested £1,000 (2003) in a so called safe 'Stocks and Shares ISA' (free of any tax on the profits you make) -  in 2014 I decided to cut my losses on this so-called 'Safe ISA' they had recommended.

I received £725 on the close of stocks, from an initial £1000 investment and had paid in excess of £600 in charges in the eleven-year time period of investment, so Barclays Bank had received £875 in charges and a loss of stock price on my behalf.

The banks' friend(Ombudsman) had found the bank had done nothing wrong over their initial recommendation and the customer was "Risk Averse"?

Isn't this some what like the Italian Banks have been doing Q/E which is leading to Zombie Banks?

The UK Government has lent the banks the funds, who have invested these funds into "Buildings Capital" and the people who were sold these investment products,now wish to de-invest from them, which is were MarK Carney comes in to the banks' aid, but the EU has deemed any help to Italian banks is at risk to the consumer, e.g. the banks cannot be bailed out by the taxpayer, so the Bank of England cannot write off the Q/E to the banks?
willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Carney, 'Quantitative Easing' - and Brexit

Post by Tony Bennett on 06.07.16 18:26

There is a very good article and editorial in today's Daily Mail on Mark Carney explaining how he has been repeatedly offering negative comments about how parlous the state of the economy is after the Brexit vote - basically so that he can make his own doom-laden prophecies come true!

And true to form, the BBC is piling on the negativity, by highlighting everything negative but failing to emphasise the positives, e.g. that the stock market is UP, post-Brexit and that there is a great deal of optimism around. The pound weakening by about 8% post-Brexit is helping our exports and leading to more tourists planning to come here and fewer Brits planning to go to Europe this summer. Where have you heard that on the news?   

Cameron said he was staying on until October to 'steady the ship'.

Instead, he's taken his hands off the tiller and he, Osborne and Carney are heading us for the rocks (and maybe a second referendum) by constantly shouting 'Gloom!' 'Doom!' 'Disaster!'  

I really hope this is not part of some evil plan to keep us in the E.U.

The amazing symbiosis between bees and flowers:

https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-for-creation/god-created-plant-pollinator-partners/  

Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Carney, 'Quantitative Easing' - and Brexit

Post by sar on 06.07.16 19:29

@Tony Bennett wrote:There is a very good article and editorial in today's Daily Mail on Mark Carney explaining how he has been repeatedly offering negative comments about how parlous the state of the economy is after the Brexit vote - basically so that he can make his own doom-laden prophecies come true!

And true to form, the BBC is piling on the negativity, by highlighting everything negative but failing to emphasise the positives, e.g. that the stock market is UP, post-Brexit and that there is a great deal of optimism around. The pound weakening by about 8% post-Brexit is helping our exports and leading to more tourists planning to come here and fewer Brits planning to go to Europe this summer. Where have you heard that on the news?   

Instead, he's taken his hands off the tiller and he, Osborne and Carney are heading us for the rocks (and maybe a second referendum) by constantly shouting 'Gloom!' 'Doom!' 'Disaster!'  

+1 TB

sar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Marc Carney

Post by willowthewisp on 07.07.16 10:52

@sar wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:There is a very good article and editorial in today's Daily Mail on Mark Carney explaining how he has been repeatedly offering negative comments about how parlous the state of the economy is after the Brexit vote - basically so that he can make his own doom-laden prophecies come true!

+1 TB
Just part of the "Elite" group of friends running the big Institutions collaborating to profit at the behest of poorer people in Society,"Capitalism"at it's finest?
willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum