The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Please note that when you register your username must be different from your email address!

Sonia Poulton Update

Page 3 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Sonia Poulton Update

Post by plebgate on 27.12.14 22:17

@noddy100 wrote:It wasn't candyfloss either who verified it
I, like aquila, seem to remember that it was Candyfloss.  I can remember her posting to say that was the case.

As CF has since left, I was only thinking last week after reading one of your posts noddy100, whether the verification was correct and whether or not one of the existing mods/admin would be able to say that it was in fact correct. 

If you take exception to this post, I am not sorry and will accept a ban if one is forthcoming, but I remember you made a big issue of things at the time and other than CF, no-one to my knowledge on this forum knows if what was said at the time is correct.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 27.12.14 23:38

@j.rob wrote:There is only one truth about what really happened to Madeleine McCann.

---

What's that then? Please tell us?

One man's truth is another man's lie and in this case, as in so many others, only the perpetrator(s) and the victim know what 'really' happened to cause this child to seemingly vanish off the face of the earth, j.rob .   .  

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss on 28.12.14 5:55

I still think it will be interesting what SP's doco will reveal. I guess her early announcement of its release will have a lot of people intrigued about her reveal. It could be much ado about nothing, but then again it could be something? Guess we will have to wait and see. And i also agree about the surprise factor, would have more impact perhaps, but we don't really know her reasons for early announcement.
Joss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 28.12.14 8:30

Yes, I agree, I am still waiting to see what surprise will be revealed.   If one isn't then this early announcement might give somebody 3 months of restless nights.   oh dear.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 28.12.14 9:05

It might even persuade just ONE of them to tell the whole truth.

PeterMac
Investigator

View user profile http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by noddy100 on 28.12.14 12:44

@plebgate wrote:
@noddy100 wrote:It wasn't candyfloss either who verified it
I, like aquila, seem to remember that it was Candyfloss.  I can remember her posting to say that was the case.

As CF has since left, I was only thinking last week after reading one of your posts noddy100, whether the verification was correct and whether or not one of the existing mods/admin would be able to say that it was in fact correct. 

If you take exception to this post, I am not sorry and will accept a ban if one is forthcoming, but I remember you made a big issue of things at the time and other than CF, no-one to my knowledge on this forum knows if what was said at the time is correct.
Of course it was correct I still have it!
I couldn't post the whole email as I didn't want all my details online
I thought it was a male name that verified although can't remember don't remember CF but I don't know any people who post so wouldn't remember
Not sure what is being implied by this I was concerned at the time because of the tone of the email but it was never followed with anything else since so obv I never mentioned it 
There is nothing to mention!

noddy100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noddy100 on 28.12.14 12:47

Just had another look it was PeterMac I sent it to
The reason I didn't post was my full name is on it
I am not sure why just because I state my opinion here I need to be chastised like this 
I would think I am as entitled as any to say my bit
Its a forum and for debate so thought what I said was fine :)

noddy100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noddy100 on 28.12.14 12:49

Just trawled my emails :)
I did send to CF but she was unwell and suggested I forward to PM which I did

noddy100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 28.12.14 14:37

On the other hand, it might just spur ONE of them to issue SP with a legal warning letter.  She may have to rescind it even before she can get going properly.   Didn't 2x2 cite legal issue as reason they'd had to be reticent in the end.  Christ Almighty only knows if that be true or excuse but we can all make an educated guess.

Kudos to her for having the gumption to do something, but this theatrics of "look at me....I've done this and that....just you wait....I'm going to have surprises for you...." attention seeking mentality is so unnecessary as it serves no useful purpose whatsoever.
aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SallyVern on 28.12.14 15:30

@Tony Bennett wrote:Sonia Poulton's coverage of the Madeleine McCann case so far has been unpromising - and that's putting it very mildly.

There was her interview with Rosalinda Hutton, a former member here, shown on David Icke's ill-fated 'People's Voice TV', which admittedly did question the official account, but gave viewers no practical information whatsoever about why the official version of events might be wrong.

A whole lot worse was her ill-chosen interview of nutter and attention-seeker Stephen D. Birch - an error which the foul-mouthed Chris Spivey also fell into. Neither Poulton nor Spivey knew enough about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann to recognise that Birch was an out-and-out charlatan whose views should not have been given a second of air time.

This embarrassing interview with Birch was placed on YouTube:

'Lizard TV - Sonia Poulton trawls the pits and interviews crazy Birch':   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYv3O476PTA

Given that Richard D. Hall's 4.5-hour film: 'Buried by Mainstream Media - The Truth about what happened to Madeleine McCann' has now had over half a million views, Poulton will have to hugely raise her game if her 'Untold Story' is to make any impact.

The 'great and shocking revelation' she promises 'after March' will probably be that a prolific tweeter on Twitter is close to the McCann Team. I don't think that this will be too much of a shock for some of us.

It would however raise my eyebrows if it was one of the McCanns, the Tapas 7, or Edward Smethurst, Clarence Micthell or Brian Kennedy
Why condemn Sonia Poulton for making mistakes during her course of looking for the truth? You made mistakes in the beginning Tony, as  most of us have, and learnt from them, it just takes longer for some to realise than others. Where is the harm in that?

I fell for Stephen Birch's analysis but later came to the conclusion that he believed in his findings albeit misguided. I also gave the German DVD thing some thought, it seemed so convincing at the time but later learned that it was propaganda. 

Sonia was hired by David Icke for his People's Voice radio station (a con, as we now know). She resigned when she realised what was going on. Icke attacked her for resigning, she responded in kind. I don't agree with tit-for-tat, but I do feel she  was left with no other option considering his following at the time.

If anyone is interested there's a dateline summary of Icke and his People's Voice TV from beginning to end here: (also includes when Sonia pulled out):

http://silvarizla.wordpress.com/tpv-timeline/

I do agree that Richard D Hall's 'surprise' documentary without any prior fanfare worked  – that was his chosen method. I also believe that Sonia Poulton's approach seems to echo that of TV1 who, so far, has come up with nothing. If March comes and goes with nothing more than a whisper in the breeze then I will probably write her off as being nothing more than hot air, but until then I would like to give her a chance.

We can't keep blowing everyone away simply because they made some bad choices or come from a perspective contrary to our own, instead we should at least try to give them ample opportunity to develop their credentials. The thing we must avoid at all cost is infighting between the various interested parties, at the end of the day it's a search for the truth and what really happened to Madeleine McCann. 

Don't you agree?

SallyVern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 28.12.14 16:35

@SallyVern wrote:
Why condemn Sonia Poulton for making mistakes during her course of looking for the truth?

REPLY: I've not 'condenmed' Sonia Poulton, on the contrary, you'll see up the thread that I wished her well with her project. But I said that in view of the inept interview of Rosalinda Hutton - and the bad misjudgments in interviewing both Stephen D. Birch and Michael Shrimpton without challenging their nonsense, she will have to massively raise her game and learn a lot more about the facts surrounding Madeleine's disappearance. And I remain very unsure about what has been billed mainly as a film about door-stepping various people, whatever its title.  

You made mistakes in the beginning Tony, as most of us have, and learnt from them, it just takes longer for some to realise than others. Where is the harm in that?

REPLY: Sonia Poulton did harm by her uncritical interview of Stephen D. Birch's nonsense. She thereby gave him undeserved credibility. She did further harm by her equally uncritical interview of Michael Shrimpton, whose claims about what happened to Madeleine were utterly false, as she would have known, had she some research either into the Madeleine McCann case or into Michael Shrimpton. She also gave him undeserved credibility. Yes, we all make mistakes, big or small, and then we have to do three things - learn from them, apologise for them, and do one's best to make as few mistakes as possible in future. I hope Poulton will be able to do all three.         

I fell for Stephen Birch's analysis but later came to the conclusion that he believed in his findings albeit misguided.

REPLY: We part company on that. He is an obvious con-man and fantasist.

I also gave the German DVD thing some thought, it seemed so convincing at the time but later learned that it was propaganda.

REPLY: More like the thinking of Walter Mitty.

Sonia was hired by David Icke for his People's Voice radio station (a con, as we now know). She resigned when she realised what was going on. Icke attacked her for resigning, she responded in kind. I don't agree with tit-for-tat, but I do feel she was left with no other option considering his following at the time.

If anyone is interested there's a dateline summary of Icke and his People's Voice TV from beginning to end here: (also includes when Sonia pulled out):

I do agree that Richard D Hall's 'surprise' documentary without any prior fanfare worked  – that was his chosen method.

I also believe that Sonia Poulton's approach seems to echo that of TV1 who, so far, has come up with nothing.

If March comes and goes with nothing more than a whisper in the breeze then I will probably write her off as being nothing more than hot air, but until then I would like to give her a chance.

REPLY: Again, I fully believe in giving her a chance. If I may presume to give her advice: (1) she needs to be very clear about what her objective is in making this film (2) having decided that, she needs to organise convincing material to achieve that objective (3) she needs to be very very careful about thinking that many people will be impressed by a film of her door-stepping people (like she did with Nick Clegg**), and (4) she will need to be aware that to many people, Brenda Leyland will continue to be seen as a nasty internet troll - and if she's thinking of releasing this film in March immediately after the Brenda Leyland inquest, she must bear in mind the likely way all the mainstream media will portray Brenda...I think a lot of her nasty tweets will once again be made public.   

We can't keep blowing everyone away simply because they made some bad choices or come from a perspective contrary to our own, instead we should at least try to give them ample opportunity to develop their credentials.

REPLY: I'm with you on that, yes. But in allowing people to 'develop their credentials', we should at the same time point out where they may be in error.

The thing we must avoid at all cost is infighting between the various interested parties, at the end of the day it's a search for the truth and what really happened to Madeleine McCann. 

REPLY:  I absolutely agree, and if you look at my track record over 7 years, you won't see any infighting, but you will see a desire to co-operate with others, the very reason in fact why the Madeleine Foundation was formed - to bring people together in a common cause. As this very successful forum also does, of course, despite the disruptors who have tried over the years to divert us from that task  

Don't you agree?

** Well, here is her 'interview' with Nick Clegg, where she is joined by a frequently-ranting believer in the Hollie Greig Hoax, Bill Maloney:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnAD70l_lsM

Do you agree with me SallyVern, after viewing this, that Poulton needs to substantially raise her game if she is to do justice to the search for the truth about Madeleine McCann?

The amazing symbiosis between bees and flowers:

https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-for-creation/god-created-plant-pollinator-partners/  

Tony Bennett
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 28.12.14 18:30

I think screaming at Iain Duncan Smith that he's a mass murderer and a traitor was a bit weird.

Apologies - forgot the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohPvXaTBwWA

If you are an alternative style 'internet warrior' journalist (nowt wrong with that in principle) and you have your own .com website, why not publish follow-ups on the injustice that has so impassioned you to 'doorstep' MP's?

To me (and it's only my opinion) it's spreading yourself thinly - too thinly, has no impact and from my point of view is cheap and lacks substance.

Empty vessels make the most noise as my Mum used to say - and before anyone accuses me of damning Sonia, that really isn't the case. I simply don't believe she's the best person to speak about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann and the demise of Brenda Leyland given her sketchy journalistic track record and the 'sensational' aspect on Twitter is too much for me to understand.
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmNotMerylStreep on 28.12.14 20:54

People are up in arms about the door-stepping of Brenda Leyland, and rightly so, yet looking forward to door-stepping by Sonia Poulton.

What if she obtains the same results as Martin Brunt and someone takes their own life again (if that's what happened to Brenda)?
IAmNotMerylStreep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SallyVern on 28.12.14 21:45

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@SallyVern wrote:
Why condemn Sonia Poulton for making mistakes during her course of looking for the truth?

REPLY: I've not 'condenmed' Sonia Poulton, on the contrary, you'll see up the thread that I wished her well with her project. But I said that in view of the inept interview of Rosalinda Hutton - and the bad misjudgments in interviewing both Stephen D. Birch and Michael Shrimpton without challenging their nonsense, she will have to massively raise her game and learn a lot more about the facts surrounding Madeleine's disappearance. And I remain very unsure about what has been billed mainly as a film about door-stepping various people, whatever its title.  

You made mistakes in the beginning Tony, as most of us have, and learnt from them, it just takes longer for some to realise than others. Where is the harm in that?

REPLY: Sonia Poulton did harm by her uncritical interview of Stephen D. Birch's nonsense. She thereby gave him undeserved credibility. She did further harm by her equally uncritical interview of Michael Shrimpton, whose claims about what happened to Madeleine were utterly false, as she would have known, had she some research either into the Madeleine McCann case or into Michael Shrimpton. She also gave him undeserved credibility. Yes, we all make mistakes, big or small, and then we have to do three things - learn from them, apologise for them, and do one's best to make as few mistakes as possible in future. I hope Poulton will be able to do all three.         

I fell for Stephen Birch's analysis but later came to the conclusion that he believed in his findings albeit misguided.

REPLY: We part company on that. He is an obvious con-man and fantasist.

I also gave the German DVD thing some thought, it seemed so convincing at the time but later learned that it was propaganda.

REPLY: More like the thinking of Walter Mitty.

Sonia was hired by David Icke for his People's Voice radio station (a con, as we now know). She resigned when she realised what was going on. Icke attacked her for resigning, she responded in kind. I don't agree with tit-for-tat, but I do feel she was left with no other option considering his following at the time.

I do agree that Richard D Hall's 'surprise' documentary without any prior fanfare worked  – that was his chosen method.

I also believe that Sonia Poulton's approach seems to echo that of TV1 who, so far, has come up with nothing.

If March comes and goes with nothing more than a whisper in the breeze then I will probably write her off as being nothing more than hot air, but until then I would like to give her a chance.

REPLY: Again, I fully believe in giving her a chance. If I may presume to give her advice: (1) she needs to be very clear about what her objective is in making this film (2) having decided that, she needs to organise convincing material to achieve that objective (3) she needs to be very very careful about thinking that many people will be impressed by a film of her door-stepping people (like she did with Nick Clegg**), and (4) she will need to be aware that to many people, Brenda Leyland will continue to be seen as a nasty internet troll - and if she's thinking of releasing this film in March immediately after the Brenda Leyland inquest, she must bear in mind the likely way all the mainstream media will portray Brenda...I think a lot of her nasty tweets will once again be made public.   

We can't keep blowing everyone away simply because they made some bad choices or come from a perspective contrary to our own, instead we should at least try to give them ample opportunity to develop their credentials.

REPLY: I'm with you on that, yes. But in allowing people to 'develop their credentials', we should at the same time point out where they may be in error.

The thing we must avoid at all cost is infighting between the various interested parties, at the end of the day it's a search for the truth and what really happened to Madeleine McCann. 

REPLY:  I absolutely agree, and if you look at my track record over 7 years, you won't see any infighting, but you will see a desire to co-operate with others, the very reason in fact why the Madeleine Foundation was formed - to bring people together in a common cause. As this very successful forum also does, of course, despite the disruptors who have tried over the years to divert us from that task  

Don't you agree?

** Well, here is her 'interview' with Nick Clegg, where she is joined by a frequently-ranting believer in the Hollie Greig Hoax, Bill Maloney:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnAD70l_lsM

Do you agree with me SallyVern, after viewing this, that Poulton needs to substantially raise her game if she is to do justice to the search for the truth about Madeleine McCann?
Yes Tony, I agree, she doesn't do herself any justice and I can't say that I would back her given this clip, but I'm still willing to give her a chance at least until March.

SallyVern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 28.12.14 21:49

@aquila wrote: I simply don't believe she's the best person to speak about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann and the demise of Brenda Leyland given her sketchy journalistic track record and the 'sensational' aspect on Twitter is too much for me to understand.
Indeed so.
But there is no one else doing it.
The only one who tried - TB - paid, and is paying, a heavy and lifelong penalty.
Others took heed of the power for evil of libel lawyers, guaranteed unlimited funds from either public, or perhaps private donations, and - perhaps sensibly - backed away from telling the truth as they saw it.
How many of us have really wanted to produce a You-Tube presentation, ourselves, but have backed away at the last minute when we realised that we lacked just ONE link in the story.

PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 29.12.14 9:23

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 29.12.14 13:13

@IAmNotMerylStreep wrote:People are up in arms about the door-stepping of Brenda Leyland, and rightly so, yet looking forward to door-stepping by Sonia Poulton.

What if she obtains the same results as Martin Brunt and someone takes their own life again (if that's what happened to Brenda)?
I couldn't agree more but I also have a lot more reservations.

Firstly, Sonia Poulton has put herself 'out there' as a journalist. She was very enthusiastic about an Icke (Lizard) telly channel People's Voice TV. She enthused about the production of this channel and was so excited by it she shared it before the offices were even unpacked, talking about (this is off the top of my head recollection) getting to the real news. She mentioned Syria and then in the same YouTube release sat in her new offices under refurbishment and apologised because the place looked like a bomb site.

She's taken to Twitter. She's been hounded on Twitter apparently (I don't doubt that because it's the nature of Twitter). She's sat on a telly sofa with Katie Hopkins in what appeared to be a scuffle of wills about something unrelated to the McCann case. Remember Katie Hopkins once tweeted about the McCann case and was held up as almost as an icon for getting to the truth for Madeleine.

In my round about way, the point I'm trying to make (not doing very well at it) is that so many people have devoted their time and energy to researching the files; people from all walks of life with all sorts of professional backgrounds have given up hours of their time to translate files, to document things, to write FOI's (and Tony Bennett is not the only person who sticks in FOI requests) etc, to find out what happened to Madeleine McCann and to uncover the truth.

Brenda Leyland's death is disgraceful and imo is a direct result of an absolutely pre-planned evil campaign to single her out as a soft target. I can't see Sonia Poulton wading in and 'door-stepping'  other people being very helpful other than to those who want to shut the mouths of people on forums and call each one of those who disbelieve the farce nutters.

This isn't a time for a crusade from an internet warrior journalist who spreads herself thinly across any old injustice she sees imo. Kate McCann picked her battles and the Libel Trial continues to this day. For some reason people seem to think the libel trial will be over in March, alongside the Brenda Leyland inquest. I don't.

I want to thank all the people on this forum and others (past and present) who have taken a less sensational approach to things and contributed so much information and opinion. I hope that Sonia Poulton has something revelationary to reveal and doesn't just make it yet another sensational episode but I doubt it. I can only hope.
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 29.12.14 13:38

I must be the only one who is looking forward to what Sonia is going to do,  i say go for it Sonia thumbsup thumbsup

4,215 views on youtube,it seems to me there is a lot of interest out side this forum which is a good thing
tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 29.12.14 14:45

@tiny wrote:I must be the only one who is looking forward to what Sonia is going to do,  i say go for it Sonia thumbsup thumbsup

4,215 views on youtube,it seems to me there is a lot of interest out side this forum which is a good thing
Interest in what though?

All I've seen to date is a YouTube release of 'I'll be telling you something in March'
aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 29.12.14 14:53

@aquila wrote:
@tiny wrote:I must be the only one who is looking forward to what Sonia is going to do,  i say go for it Sonia thumbsup thumbsup

Interest in what though?

All I've seen to date is a YouTube release of 'I'll be telling you something in March'
Yes and the reason Sonia is not releasing her vid till then is because she is waiting for Brenda Leylands inquest to finish.
as a few people on twitter have asked when it would be released and the vid is the easiest way to let every one know whats going on.
tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 29.12.14 16:01

Nope,not just you. Me too, I'm looking forward to the documentary.

I bet it's going to rattle certain quarter.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 29.12.14 16:03

@aiyoyo wrote:

Nope,not just you.   Me too, I'm looking forward to the documentary.

I bet it's going to rattle certain quarter.

Seems to be rattling some quarters now
tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 29.12.14 16:12

CAESAR
What say'st thou to me now? speak once again.

Soothsayer
Beware the ides of March.

CAESAR
He is a dreamer; let us leave him: pass.

PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.12.14 16:22

@PeterMac wrote:CAESAR
What say'st thou to me now? speak once again.

Soothsayer
Beware the ides of March.

CAESAR
He is a dreamer; let us leave him: pass.

Let's hope so, PeterMac.

I wish the brave lady well and, if no video materializes, hope that sinister interference is not the cause.

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 29.12.14 16:33

@IAmNotMerylStreep wrote:People are up in arms about the door-stepping of Brenda Leyland, and rightly so, yet looking forward to door-stepping by Sonia Poulton.

It's not the same thing. It's not an apple-to-apple comparison.

The doorstepping of BL was done out of malice to hurt and destroy her, and exploiting her to make examples of 'trolls'. She was singled out, hounded and lied to, for the purpose of menacing her into believing the Police were investigating her, causing her unfathomable anxiety, stress and fear.  The act of portraying her as a 'troll', not supported by evidence, then flashing her up on the mainstream channel round the clock was reckless, thoughtless and cruel without regard whatsoever for her human rights.

Martin Brunt has lots to answer for her death. And if MB were to be doorstepped and questions posed to him which he may or may not answer, but which he otherwise would not give you time of the day, it would be priceless just to watch his reaction.  Doorstepping to ask people questions is not the same as lying to them or invoking fear in them. May not be pleasant to them but that's a different issue.  If the likes of MB or those having a shadow hand in the death of BL or those covering up and lying for the McCanns, say for example Jim Gamble or Clarence Mithell or McCanns enablers were to be doorstepped I would say hooray to the person having the guts to confront them.  

I despise MB for what he'd done BL causing her to take her own life.
I also despise those who stepped on or crashed the toes of innocence that doubted the McCanns or those who helped the McCanns cover up a lie. If these people were doorstepped I have no sympathy for them.

It's important to see it in the right context I suppose.
aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum