The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann. Please note that your username should be different from your email address!

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

(Please note: if you register with the sole intention of disrupting or spamming, please don't expect to be a member for too long.)

Many thanks,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Sonia Poulton Update

Page 6 of 32 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Sonia Poulton Update

Post by Silverspeed on 04.01.15 23:39

Did Kate really say this?

Sonia Poulton@SoniaPoulton 7h7 hours ago
.@missingpeople Hello, can you confirm if your Ambassador Kate #mccann has stated: "Never leave children unattended. It's wrong." Thanks
Silverspeed

Back to top Go down

Post by Montclair on 05.01.15 10:00

Silverspeed wrote:Did Kate really say this?

.@missingpeople Hello, can you confirm if your Ambassador Kate #mccann has stated: "Never leave children unattended. It's wrong." Thanks

Of course, Kate has never said this. Sonia is being ironic.
Montclair

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 05.01.15 10:14

Montclair wrote:
Silverspeed wrote:Did Kate really say this?

Of course, Kate has never said this. Sonia is being ironic.

I think so too.
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 05.01.15 10:23

PeterMac wrote:
Grim wrote:Oh I think you're far too sprightly for a conbruntation Peter M.
They did for Dr Kelly
and Mike Todd
and several others where the evidence is not quite so clear.
It depends how deep go the roots of this Fraud.

Yes, but those were not hit jobs by Martin Brunt.
It won't be cowardice Martin Brunt they will send.
He's no match for you. He's useful only for tackling vulnerable weaker sex living on her own.
Got to watch out for suspicious character lurking in the shadows.
Never go out without telling someone where you are going. big grin
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 05.01.15 12:23

PeterMac wrote:
Dee Coy wrote:I'm glad we agree she's brave, Tony.
TB
Richard D Hall
Sonia

Have come out into the open, given their names, and are prepared to state their beliefs and the evidence on which they base them.  Whether they are ultimately judged to be, or to have been, right or wrong is beside the point.
Whether the manner in which they did what they did is open to criticism is again beside the point.

The point is, surely, that they, and we all, were and are trying to find the TRUTH about what happened to Madeleine Beth McCann between 28/3/7 and 3/5/7
The people who know, and who tell us that they know, because they were there, refuse to tell the police, or the press, or the world.
Which leaves everyone else, including two police forces, two Criminal Justice systems, and hundreds of thousands of supporters of Madeleine and Truth in a sort of limbo
I couldn't agree more with the part bolded in red. There MUST be a continued attempt to highlight to as wide an audience as possible that this case is SO MUCH MORE than the scant and misleading version currently being sold to the masses without a scrap of evidence for it's truth.

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 05.01.15 12:40

Just to add, I am glad one more disruptor has been evicted. Those who are most vocally angry against TB have always been the type to nit-pick other peoples research whilst bringing absolutely no useful or interesting information to the table themselves. One blogger in particular comes to mind. As far as I am aware they have never brought a single piece of new or useable information forwards, nor provided an interesting or original point of discussion, yet have tried to make a name for themselves in the case based on absolutely nothing other than ego and spite.

Back to top Go down

Four Fakes (Birch, Shrimpton, Green and Davison) - and Sonia Poulton

Post by Tony Bennett on 06.01.15 11:59

Smokeandmirrors wrote:Just to add, I am glad one more disruptor has been evicted. Those who are most vocally angry against TB have always been the type to nit-pick other peoples research whilst bringing absolutely no useful or interesting information to the table themselves. One blogger in particular comes to mind.
Well, Amen to all that, Smokeandmirrors...but now let's get back to the subject of this thread, Sonia Poulton

On this thread, I have noted a pattern of Sonia Poulton, while she as with David Icke's 'People's TV', of giving a platform to people who were, not to put too fine a point on it, fraudsters of one kind or another.

With respect to the Madeleine McCann case, she gave a platform - unchallenged in any way - to an obvious con-artist and fantasist, Stephen D. Birch. By doing so, she didn't enlighten a single person. Instead, she confused and misinformed her viewers. She did this because she knew little or nothing about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

Then she did the same with fantasist and extreme conspiracy theorist, barrister Michael Shrimpton. Shrimpton, it will be recalled, produced an elaborate document, said to be culled from secret intelligence agencies, in which he claimed, inter alia, that Madeleine had been abducted in a boat by intelligence services on behalf of paedophiles at the top of the European Commission, raped by E.U. Commissioners, smuggled over the Argentine-Chile border, and finally murdered in December 2008. At the time Poulton interviewed Shrimpton for Icke's TV channel, he had recently been convicted of child sex offences and placed on the Sex Offenders Register for life, meaning that he is subject to ongoing police monitoring. Moreover, in 2012 he was guilty of an absurd bomb hoax, claiming that a Russian nuclear bomb had been spirited into Newham General Hospital, with the intent of exploding a nuclear bomb during the Olympics. He is currently awaiting sentence for that. By giving this serial fantasist another unchallenged platform on Icke TV, she again confused and misinformed her viewers.

Then she did the same with another cunning con-man, Robert Green, who has used a variety of trickery and deceit to perpetuate the absurd claim that seriously mentally handicapped Down's Syndrome young woman Hollie Greig was repeatedly abused and raped for a period of 14 years, from the age of 6 to 20, by a ring of 22 Scottish paedophiles, including the top of the Scottish legal establishment and several others, including a member of this forum, former hairdressser and former friend of Hollie's mother, Anne Greig, Sylvia Major.

That was before, in 2000, Anne Greig decided, in a revenge plot against her husband, to invent her claims that her husband was part of this alleged Scottish paedophile ring. Yet agin, therefore, Sonia Poulton gave a fantasist an unchallenged platform, thus further confusing and misinforming her viewers.

My attention has now been brought to a fourth such case, namely the unchallenged platform Sonia Poulton has given on 'The People's TV' to another serial fraudster, Andrea (Tara) Davison. Once again, she has confused and misinformed her viewers.

Now there will be some on here or elsewhere who will interpret my posting of the two articles below as 'an attack' on Sonia Poulton.

No it is not.

It is the posting-up of relevant information.

This is the premier forum world-wide for discussing the truth about what really happened to Madeleine McCann.

Sonia Poulton has entered the debate about what happened to Madeleine McCann and began in an awful way by giving unchallenged air-time to two people who have basically lied about what happened to Madeleine. Why did Sonia Poulton do this?  

Now she says she is making a documentary about 'The Untold Story of Madeleine McCann'.

Like nearly everyone else, I welcome anyone who can successfully make a documentary about what really happened to Madeleine.

But in doing so, we are entitled to look at the track record of anyone purporting to make such a documentary.

Here's what Sonia Poulton failed  to tell her views about Andrea Davison in her Icke T Skype interview with her in Argentina (or more probably Venezuela, actually):

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Woman jailed for running fake ID scam from home; POLICE HUNT 62-YEAR-OLD AFTER SHE FLEES JUSTICE.

Byline: MIKE JONES

A WOMAN who ran a fake ID factory and claimed she worked for the security services 
are state institutions for the provision of intelligence, primarily of a strategic nature, but also including protective security intelligence. Examples include the Security Service (MI5) and the Secret Intelligence Service (MI6) in the United Kingdom, and the
 has been jailed for two and a half years after she was convicted of a series of fraud offences.

Andrea Davison, who is believed to have fled the country before her two-week trial at Mold Crown Court and claimed political asylum, 
had denied 27 theft and fraud offences.

But she was convicted unanimously in her absence of 26 charges by the jury, who found her not guilty of one charge at the direction of the judge.

Judge Niclas Parry said that Davison had made it clear at the start that she was not attending her trial, and information provided to the court indicated she was at an Ecuadorian embassy seeking political asylum. Davison had, he said, been convicted on overwhelming evidence of serious offences of fraud and dishonesty. 

It was a breach of trust, he said, because she obtained passports and other ID documents to copy through a mail drop service she ran in which she violated the trust of clients.

Judge Parry said that he had heard about her mental fragility, but he was satisfied that she was a highly intelligent woman who used information she obtained to repeatedly create false identification documents for the purpose of obtaining, potentially, many thousands of pounds worth of credit.

"The potential for loss was quite enormous," he said.

The court heard how Derby Police economic crime unit raided Davison's Felinheli home as part of an investigation into a fraud in which the fraudsters were using documents she had created.

The prosecution did not allege that she knew about the fraud, but said that creating the documents, false passports and the like, could only have a dishonest and fraudulent purpose. DC Stephen Winnard, the officer in the case, who was commended by the judge for his work, said after the hearing: "What we found was a document factory at Felinheli, personal documents that could be used in any type of fraud.

"The end result of her actions is that many people lost their life savings through organised crime groups."

Davison, 62, of Bangor Street in Felinheli, admitted much of what was alleged.

But she said she provided herself with false or virtual identification because she was trying to protect herself.

People had been trying to kill her because of her previous covert work for the security services, she claimed in police interviews.

But she said a large number of people knew who she was and could verify who she was, including former prime minister Tony Blair.

In police interviews read out to the jury, she said that she had been deeply involved in the arms to Iraq inquiry.

She spoke of providing virtual realities for other people and told how she ran an organisation called The Association for Former British Intelligence Officers and denied any dishonesty.

The prosecution said she was running a false document factory after she kept items of mail from a mail drop service, including passports, as templates to re-create documents.

She used a photocopier device 
for producing copies of text or graphic material by the use of light, heat, chemicals, or electrostatic charge. Most modern copiers use a method called xerography, to create false documents including passports.

But she claimed that some were novelty items, creating false company documentation as a 'joke'.

++++

WHO IS ANDREA DAVISON? A COUPLE of weeks before Andrea Davison's trial began she fled, asking neighbours to look after the cat.

In a text message to her lawyers, she said she was now a refugee who had applied for political asylum. An international arrest warrant was issued. But who is Andrea Davison? Was she a scheming fraudster? A swindler with multiple identities? Or a frightened former intelligence agent, who feared being killed, who created false identities for survival? She claimed that people were out to kill her because of the covert work she did in the 1980s and 1990s on illegal arms sales.

Police checks to see if she was employed by MI5 or MI6 failed to provide an answer, although material seized at her home showed that in the 1990s she gave information to Customs and Excise, the Ministry of Defence, and to the Arms for Iraq Inquiry.

Defence witness Kevin Cahill, journalist and author, told the court he covered the Arms to Iraq inquiry, and he thought she was in contact with intelligence agents, but regarded her as fragile and vulnerable.

====================================================

From the Derbyshire Police website

Conman jailed for defrauding investors out of millions of pounds

Posted on 26th September 2013

A conman has been jailed for defrauding hundreds of unsuspecting investors in the UK, Europe and the Middle East out of millions of pounds.

Graham Mills (48) was sentenced to seven years in prison after pleading guilty to conspiracy to commit fraud, conspiracy to transfer criminal property and concealing criminal property at a hearing at Nottingham Crown Court today (Thursday, September 26).

Mills admitted a leading role in setting up and running two fraudulent companies, Regal & Archer LLC and Quantum Holdings Ltd, and controlling bank accounts related to them. He had control of around £3.7million in bank accounts related to these companies.

Mills, a British man who has lived in Thailand for ten years, also admitted setting up and maintaining websites used to dupe victims into investing in their fake companies by linking the websites to genuine companies.

The investigation began in March 2009 when a man from Ilkeston contacted Derbyshire police as he suspected he had been the victim of fraud.

He had been contacted by people claiming to be from an investment company called Milton Hayward based in Japan and had handed over thousands of pounds to the conmen.

A four-year investigation by Derbyshire Constabulary’s Economic Crime Unit uncovered hundreds of victims.

One man in Norway had lost the equivalent of $4million and a woman from North Yorkshire invested £850,000 in the fake companies.

By liaising with authorities in Thailand and Cyprus, police identified several gang members and a large number of other suspect companies being linked to the group who were operating a worldwide ‘boiler room’ fraud.

A ‘boiler room’ involves conmen cold-calling potential investors using high pressure tactics to dupe victims into buying worthless shares.

The criminal gangs set up companies, websites and bank accounts to convince victims they are investing in legitimate companies or buying commodities such as gold.

Mills, who was arrested at Manchester Airport in September 2012, is the third person to be brought before the courts as part of this investigation.

Paul Slack (34) was jailed for two-and-a-half-years in July 2012 after pleading guilty to conspiracy to defraud and conspiracy to conceal criminal property.

Andrea Davison (63), from Y Felinheli, North Wales, was convicted in her absence of conspiracy to commit fraud.

Detective Constable Pete Freeman led the investigation with the assistance of the North East Regional Asset Recovery Team (RART).

DC Freeman said: “Mills has accepted that he played a major role in this conspiracy. He was instrumental in setting up the websites that victims were directed to look at in order to persuade them to invest.

“Boiler room frauds often leave victims in financial ruin and can have a devastating impact on their lives.

“The guilty plea will go a long way to the dismantling of the crime group being operated from Thailand and I hope this sentence serves as a warning to those involved we will find them and bring them to justice.

“I would encourage anyone who is cold-called by an investment company, particularly one outside the UK, to speak to a reputable independent financial advisor. If you believe you have been the victim of this type of fraud contact Action Fraud.

ETA:  Rothley Pillowcase tweets re Sonia Poulton today:

Rothley Pillowcase™ ‏@RothleyPillow 58mins 58 minutes ago Cheadle, England
@SoniaPoulton You & #teamoutlaw FRIGHTENED some child abuse victims off the internet forever when you hounded TOP ABUSE CAMPAIGNERS! #McCann

Rothley Pillowcase™ ‏@RothleyPillow 57mins 57 minutes ago Cheadle, England
@SoniaPoulton Because of #teamoutlaw some v frightened women & their families felt forced to move home They were terrified of you #McCann

"This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners" - Paul's first letter to his disciple Timothy,  1 Timothy 1 v 15

Tony Bennett

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 06.01.15 13:33

I think rothley pillow has got some sort of problem,on one of his tweet he admitted he was not on the McCann hashtag for Madeleine.(will see if I can still find it) he/she is accusing a lot of people of different things but never posts any proof even when asked.so i take what he/she says with a pinch of salt
 I did rather like him/her though.
tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 07.01.15 17:20

Now I understand,twitter is a real eye opener
tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheshire Cat on 08.01.15 8:12

Sonia appears to have a friendship with the Outlaw - I believe this Outlaw attacked Steve Messham on Twitter (after first befriending him)
Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 08.01.15 11:55

I couldn't understand people with knives out for Sonia poulton,but had having a good look on twitter I will say no more.
I think Sonia has made a lot of people jittery and I say good on her.
tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 08.01.15 16:12

I agree Tiny, seems to be a lot of "jittering" at mo. on twitter.    

I am still none the wiser though - is RPillow a "pro" or "anti"?

plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 08.01.15 18:00

plebgate wrote:I agree Tiny, seems to be a lot of "jittering" at mo. on twitter.    

I am still none the wiser though - is RPillow a "pro" or "anti"?
I thought she was for Madeleine,but it seems she/he is on the tag for her own benefit and not Madeleine
tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 08.01.15 19:09

Unlike some who purport to be what they are patently not, the Rothley Pillowcase is unquestionably anti McCann and paedophiles and pro justice for Madeleine, Gonçalo Amaral, and Brenda Leyland:
http://favstar.fm/users/rothleypillow
https://twitter.com/rothleypillow
ultimaThule

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 08.01.15 22:35

tiny wrote:I couldn't understand people with knives out for Sonia Poulton, but had having a good look on twitter I will say no more. I think Sonia has made a lot of people jittery and I say good on her.
Earlier today I received a 'pm' from one of our newer members here basically enquiring about why I was querying Sonia Poulton's uncritical interview with Hollie Greig campaigner Robert Green.

I won't reproduce her/his question, but here is my answer:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

REPLY:

Thank you.

Where to start?

Please believe me that all the following can be proved - though you would need to study a lot of documents in order to check them all out:

1. Anne Greig had a nervous breakdown in 2000, and during this breakdown, primarily out of revenge agaist her husband, Dennis Mackie, she cunningly invented a claim that he, and her own son Greig, and some 20 to 29 others had been involved in a child sexual abuse ring involving some of the highest law officers in Scotland

2. She claimed that this ring had repeatedly abused and raped Hollie over a period of 14 years, from when Hollie was 6 years old, and that these rapes had taken place with several other children present, in a variety of locations across eastern Scotland

3. During all of these 14 years, Hollie lived with Anne Greig. Her mother ever noticed anything???

4. When Hollie was medically examined, there was some evidence of penetration and a genital wart. There was nothing consistent with being repeatedly raped and abused. The penetration is probably explained because in her senior school, Hollie had a boyfriend. Anne Greig and Dennis Mackie, her parents, were aware of Hollie's relationship and did nothing to discourage it

5. The fact that Anne Greig got a payment from the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority of £13,500 was largely due to the opinion of a psychologist who was extensively briefed by Anne Greig at two sessions

6. Robert Green put together a persuasive case that Hollie had been serially abused, as claimed by Anne Greig. I freely confess that initially believed his story. So also did blogger Greg Lance-Watkins, who initially tried to help Anne Greig but then realised that she had told a pack of lies - as he explains on on of his blogs. He has certainly lied deliberately on many occasions. Some say he is deluded. I cannot say what his motive in all this was

7. Eish Angiolini did nothing wrong by using public money to fend off the outrageously libellous allegations made by Anne Greig, Robert Green and their sidekick Tim 'Rusty' Rustige. She was in effect libelled in her capacity as a top law officer in Scotland. Rusty was rightly imprisoned this year for several months for a disgusting harassment attack by e-mail on Elish Angilioni after she was appointed Principal of St. Hugh's College, Oxford

8. Anne Greig has abused Holie for 14 years in a bitter campaign of revenge against her husband, depriving her in the process of a father and brother who cared for Hollie and whom Hollie loved.

To this I would add that Sonia Poulton made a very bad error by uncritically giving Robert Green a platform, and refusing to present or even research the above (and related) points. Poulton has therefore participated in further spreading the gross libels against 22 or more people, among whom is member of this forum, Sylvia Major. The same blunder has been made by David Icke, Brian Gerrish and the folk from 'UK Column', and 'alternative news reporter Bill Maloney. The current 'brains' behind the Hollie Demands Justice campaign, Belinda McKenzie, may be in it for the money - google her name and 'Iran' 'dissidents' 'Charities' 'Commission'.

The sooner Sonia Poulton apologises for her error, says sorry to those she has libelled, and gives proper recognition to the Hollie Greig Hoax campaigners Maggie Shaw and Jon Stevenson, the better for her reputation (Maggs Shaw is also a member here). Instead, Poulton routinely refers to Shaw & Stevenson as 'trolls'. This is one of many reservations I have about her ability to deliver an effective documentary on either Brenda Leyland or Madeleine McCann.

As is well known on this forum, I wholly believe in the existence of utterly depraved paedophile rings, even at the heart of our political establishment. Please believe me, the Hollie Greig story is not about a paedophile ring, it is about on woman's revenge and fantasy.

Finally, here is the article by David Leask that finally and publicly nailed the lles of Anne Greig and Robert Green:

+++++++++++++++++++++

One devastating fantasy: the impact of an internet scandal

by David Leask, Reporter --- Sunday 17 June 2012

Seven children labelled victims, 22 tarnished lives, a business forced to close, a nation's reputation tarnished.

1: THE CAMPAIGN

IT is the biggest Scottish story on the internet.

A girl with Down's Syndrome portrayed as the sex slave of a ring of paedophiles for a decade and a half and the victim of a cover-up reaching to the highest law officers and politicians in the land.

This, at least, is the online story of Hollie Greig, a vulnerable young woman who has become the poster girl for conspiracy theorists around the world.

The real story is quite different ... but every bit as devastating, according to those smeared by what the Crown Office last night called "unfounded allegations".

Twenty-two people in and around Aberdeen have been accused of being paedophiles by campaigners styling themselves as "Hollie's Army".

Those named include a prominent sheriff who supposedly abused children at the home of his sister, despite the fact he does not have a sister.

And in a clear breach of laws designed to protect victims of sex crimes, another seven people have been named as rape victims along with Hollie.

Four of the "victims" would have been in their 20s at the time of the abuse. Two police investigations have resulted in no charges.

Only one person has been convicted in connection with Hollie Greig: a 66-year-old campaigner from Warrington called Robert Green.

He was jailed earlier this year for harassing those he falsely accused of paedophilia.

Green's conviction did not make headlines in Scotland. But it did spark international attention on websites such as that of David Icke, the former BBC sports presenter who thinks the world is ruled by lizards.

Green says he received 2000 letters of support from 35 countries while in jail.

His story – now wrapped together with that of Hollie and her mother Anne Greig– also inspired American talk radio shockjocks who rail against the world's ruling "Illuminati".

Green has appeared on radio in England, Sweden, Italy and South Africa. Some of these radio shows have joined online bloggers in rubbishing Scotland's justice system, with Hollie's case being linked to the Dunblane massacre, the Shirley McKie fingerprint row and even the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. Mainstream Scottish journalists have been accused of suppressing the story.

The campaign's battle cry is "Google Hollie Greig". If you do, you get more than 400,000 results.

One is the official webpage of the campaign. It compares Hollie's story to the Dreyfus case – arguably Europe's highest-profile miscarriage of justice – in which a Jewish officer in the French army was wrongly convicted of spying in the late 1800s.

Another site headlines on Hollie "as an abuse victim of the Scottish Establishment".

2: THE TARGETS

The jailing of Robert Green – the man who gave the loudest voice to the accusations – did nothing to diminish the online conspiracy theory.

Why not? That is what one widow who was accused of abuse wants to know. Speaking last night, the woman, who does not wish to be named, said: "We are the victims in this.

"We are the ones who have been falsely accused. A man has been jailed. Yet this thing just won't go away. What is wrong with these people?"

Her friend Sylvia Major knows how devastating it is to live in the shadow of lies and false accusations.

Few of her neighbours in Ferryhill take the claims seriously. The quiet Aberdeen neighbourhood is home to many of the innocent people accused of being part of the abuse network.

Major, a hairdresser, had to close her shop and take early retirement because of the "whispers". She said: "It has been hellish. It was also claimed that my late husband was a paedophile too, and my kids were really upset."

Major's story is typical of the many people falsely accused of being part of the Hollie Greig conspiracy. The thing she finds most galling is that despite being distantly related to Hollie, she only knew the girl for a short time.

"I saw Hollie when she was born but I didn't see her again till I met her mother in the street when she must have been nearly 18."

Over the period of a few years in the late nineties, Major would meet Hollie and her mother – now known as Anne Greig – for a gin and tonic at the Ferryhill House Hotel. Then the pair disappeared from her life.

Major is depicted by scores of websites and blogs as a core figure in Hollie's abuse, said to date from 1985 to 2000, along with her late husband Terry.

In real life, he was a civilian fingerprints officer at Grampian Police. In the internet conspiracy, Major's partner was a "senior police officer" and her children, like Hollie, were shared by a paedophile ring including the sheriff, a headteacher and social workers.

One of the children abused, according to Green and his conspiracy, was Major's daughter Cath, named by an online site that ignored the normal legally binding anonymity granted to the victims – proven or otherwise – of sex crimes. Cath was already an adult, and a successful footballer, by the time her mother made friends with Hollie and Anne Greig.

"I wasn't a victim of child sex abuse," the 37-year-old said yesterday. "I was playing half-back for Scotland and travelling the world."

Wyn Dragon Smith, a friend of Greig and Major, was named as a child sex abuser on the internet. "It was ludicrous," the 69-year-old said yesterday. "It was only later I realised what this was going to mean for me." Dragon Smith's health has suffered. So have her finances: she lost a lodger. Her sons – now in their 30s – were also named as those abused.

In the eyes of the campaigners, they are supposed to be victims. But that hasn't stopped their car and motorbike registrations being put on the internet.

3: THE 'COVER-UP'

The campaign believes the "establishment cover-up" stretches up to the Lord Advocate's office. One target was Elish Angiolini, who stepped down as Lord Advocate last year but worked as area procurator-fiscal in Aberdeen in the summer of 2000.

Angiolini has sought a non-harassment order against Green, banning him from approaching her or stalking her online.

That would give her the same protection as the accused sheriff and 15 other supposed "paedophiles" or "paedophile victims" who have been granted court orders against him.

Many, including Dragon Smith, only learned they were named by Greig and Green in 2009 or 2010.

One only found out she had been accused after Green put letters through doors around Ferryhill.

It was those letters – and related internet campaigns – that saw him detained by Grampian Police for committing a breach of the peace.

He was brought in while campaigning as a candidate in the 2010 General Election, despite being effectively banned by interdict from entering Aberdeenshire due to his pursuit of the Hollie conspiracy.

The Crown Office last night said: "The procurator-fiscal at Aberdeen raised proceedings against Green for making unfounded allegations against a number of people via leaflets and the internet, amounting to a campaign of harassment against them.

"The use of the internet to harass members of the public is deplorable and unacceptable. Threatening behaviour of this nature is menacing and is a form of stalking."

Green is now out of prison, but tagged. He claims his case, delayed as he changed solicitors, was one of the most expensive breaches of the peace in Scottish history.

He regrets nothing. He told the Sunday Herald he was protecting children from suspected paedophiles.

4: THE MOTHER

Wyn Dragon Smith believes Anne Greig, with whom she was very close in the late 1990s, is a very vulnerable woman. Nevertheless, she is furious with her.

"I loved her to bits," she said yesterday. "I believe she has mental health issues but how could she put her best friend on a list like this? She is the source of this evil lie."

The Sunday Herald yesterday approached Greig for comment through Green, but she did not respond.

Greig was sectioned in September 2000 in Aberdeen, a week or so after she took Hollie to a police station to name a list of abusers. Inevitably, her supporters believe she was hospitalised as part of the cover-up.

Green last night insisted Greig was quite sane, and produced documents showing assessments from psychiatrists agreeing with this.

However, social services in England, where Hollie and her mother now live, are worried about the family. The local council is currently involved in complex legal proceedings involving Hollie.

Campaigners say this is an action to have her declared mentally incapable. They staged a protest outside the Royal Courts of Justice in February during a connected case.

Greig and Green are barred by an English injunction from taking Hollie to demonstrations.

5: THE 'ARMY' DESERTERS

Tom, a forty-something accountant from Aberdeen, along with several other former members of "Hollie's Army", has turned his back on the campaign and apologised to those they accused – in person.

The growing group of former Green allies has now launched an internet counter-attack. Last week they published a YouTube video of Major and Dragon Smith telling their side of the story and – perhaps most devastating – the 2008 report by the Scotland's Police Complaints Commissioner saying there was no evidence to support any of the campaign's claims.

They are not the first to split away from Hollie's Army. The campaign reacts by suggesting former friends were spies. Its official website explains how to spot what it calls "MI5, trolls and disinformation agents."

It says: "Hollie's abusers are part of a much bigger group that has tentacles throughout the echelons of the British Establishment, which is why from the offset Hollie's campaign has attracted their most trusted agents."

The site also invites donations through a Paypal account, which it says will help fund a private prosecution of "Hollie's abusers".

Among the protesters supporting the campaign are members of the British branch of the Truth Movement, many of whom believe the US government and not al-Qaeda terrorists attacked New York's Twin Towers on September 11, 2001.

"The Truthers jumped on the Hollie Greig case," explained Tom. "In fact, they used to promote the Hollie case more than their 9/11 theories. Basically, we are talking about people who think that Scotland is run by Satanists and paedophiles."

6: THE REPORTERS

Green likes to draw parallels between Hollie's fate and that of Stephen Lawrence, the London teenager murdered by racists only convicted 19 years after the crime.

One of the reporters closest to the Lawrence family was Mark Daly. Now BBC Scotland's investigations correspondent, Daly looked in to the Hollie case in 2009.

He wasn't the first investigative reporter in Scotland to do so. Like others who had investigated, Daly – initially intrigued by the fact Hollie had received compensation – dropped the story, unconvinced.

The result was an astonishing outburst of intense online abuse.

"I hope somebody rapes you," one internet poster told Daly. "You talk pish."

The journalist explained his decision last night. "I knew that the vast majority of these allegations would be impossible to prove," he said. "Then I became part of the 'cover-up'.

"I had apparently been threatened by the government and my bosses at the BBC to drop the story or I would lose my job. It was insulting and preposterous."

Daly received hate mail. Members of Hollie's Army protested outside BBC studios.

"The truth," Daly added, "is that the claims of the paedophile ring were based on a tissue of false assertions.

"Hollie's campaign was fronted by people claiming to be 'truth seekers' and 'investigators'.

"They claimed they were doing this for Hollie and were among the last champions of free speech in Scotland.

"But their campaign is about the most flagrant abuse of free speech that I can think of. And as for the welfare of Hollie, it seems to me that was the last thing these people had on their minds."

Aberdeen 2000: how the allegations started

THE claim that Hollie Greig had been sexually abused was first reported to Grampian Police by her mother in 2000.

Robert Green passionately believes the claim is true. He said: "Hollie has never had any possible motive to say anything that is not the truth. The same cannot be said for any of those who deny her allegations."

Green says his views are supported by the fact that the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) awarded Hollie £13,500.

The CICA was told a doctor had examined Hollie and found evidence that she had had sex – although there was no evidence to suggest with whom.

A Grampian Police inspector told the authority that "on the balance of probability" the young woman had been the victim of abuse at some point in the past, but said there "was never a sufficiency of corroborative evidence to make a prosecution viable".

The police told the CICA the allegations from Hollie's mother that a "large number of people" had been involved in the abuse "were difficult to find evidence for".

CICA – using a burden of proof far lower than that which would be required for a criminal conviction, "beyond reasonable doubt" – decided to make the award in 2005.

They say Hollie reported that her uncle had seen her abused by another relative. However, Hollie's uncle, Roy or Robert Greig, took his own life in 1997. His car caught fire near Balmedie, north of Aberdeen, as he tried to kill himself with exhaust fumes. A passer-by pulled him out of the car and resuscitated him.

The Sunday Herald understands a post-mortem examination showed Greig had broken ribs and a bruise to the back of his head. Both are consistent with attempts to revive him. Green and Greig believed he was murdered to stop him talking.

Law enforcement agencies regard the matter as closed.

The allegations of a paedophile ring have been investigated twice.

Grampian Police interviewed Hollie and her mother several times from 2000 onward and filed a report with the procurator-fiscal in Aberdeen.

Through Interpol, they traced a relative of Hollie who was questioned overseas under caution, but released without charge due to "insufficient evidence".

Different officers re-investigated the claims in 2009 after the case blew up on the internet. They filed another report to the procurator-fiscal.

Many in "Hollie's Army" believe reports to the fiscal amount to evidence of wrongdoing, but there is no suggestion the reports contained such evidence.

Greig formally complained to Grampian Police about the first investigation, as well as about a series of other allegations she made, including the murder of her brother.

The complaint most cited by her supporters is the failure of police to interview more than one of the 22 people named by Hollie. However, Greig's complaints were investigated and dismissed. The force's handling of the complaints was upheld by Scotland's independent police watchdog in 2008.

Grampian, according to an anonymised response to Greig published by Scotland's Police Complaints Commissioner (PCCS), carried out "background checks on all the individuals concerned to establish if there was any other basis upon which to proceed- there was nothing found as a result of these checks which supported the position."

The anonymised published response from Grampian Police to Greig's complaint also that revealed officers – and a social worker attending the interview – had concerns about Hollie's list of abusers when she first revealed it.

The report said: "Further questions to help establish whether X [Hollie] understood what telling the truth meant did not result in a position where those present were comfortable with accuracy of the allegations being made."

The Crown Office last night repeated its official line regarding the case: that after two police investigations, its counsel decided there was "insufficient credible, reliable and admissible evidence" to justify criminal proceedings.

"This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners" - Paul's first letter to his disciple Timothy,  1 Timothy 1 v 15

Tony Bennett

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 09.01.15 9:18

ultimaThule wrote:Unlike some who purport to be what they are patently not, the Rothley Pillowcase is unquestionably anti McCann and paedophiles and pro justice for Madeleine, Gonçalo Amaral, and Brenda Leyland:
http://favstar.fm/users/rothleypillow
https://twitter.com/rothleypillow

true but he /she seems to have lost her/his way a bit.
tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 09.01.15 9:39

Tony,no offence but this is about Sonia Poulton and her docu about Madeleine and Brenda,i don't think the Hollie Greig case has any thing to do with this,there are some people who think that Hollie Greig was abused and you cant take that believe away from them,no matter how hard you try but to give this as reason to have a pop at Sonia Poulton I am quite disappointed in you.
tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Knitted on 09.01.15 11:42

I've never seen any of Sonia Poulton's work. Reading the comments I've formed the impression that her ability as an interviewer might not be very good, and also, with Tony's detailed evidence of weak stories being pursued, it seems she's fallen for some duff stories (as others have done) and not done sufficient investigation to expose the flaws.  However, for all I know (presumably like some other journalists) she may do 10% great 'reports', 80% 'average' reports, with the final 10% of them being absolute howlers. I don't know her work so have no opinion on whether the weaknesses highlighted are representative, or are not. 

For me, the points are: (i) There will presumably be some people who might know Sonia's name, that are not as familiar with the MBM story as those here, and so any (well-meaning) attempt to investigate and expose relevant aspects of the MBM myth, and Brenda's part in it, are surely better than there being no attempts at all. (ii) Sonia is making her documentary and nothing said in this forum will alter that, (iii) Once the report comes out I look forward to seeing it and also following the thread comments here. Maybe it'll be a stinker and it will do her no favours and add to the list of her 'howlers'; maybe it'll be inconsequential and add no new information to the case (notwithstanding point (i), above), but maybe (hopefully?) it'll bring something new and an additional dimension  to the case of MBM, and how Brenda was treated and by whom, and as a result she'll redeem herself (as seems to have been the case with Richard Hall's work that some here were wary of before it hit the streets). 

When it comes out people may find they have an additional example of poor journalism to add to the list, or we may have something worth watching and we'll give her a pat on the back. Sonia's putting her name on the line (as only a relatively few brave souls have done), and I can't help but think that any discussion ahead of our watching it is rather academic.
Knitted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.01.15 11:48

Knitted wrote:I've never seen any of Sonia Poulton's work. Reading the comments I've formed the impression that her ability as an interviewer might not be very good, and also, with Tony's detailed evidence of weak stories being pursued, it seems she's fallen for some duff stories (as others have done) and not done sufficient investigation to expose the flaws.  However, for all I know (presumably like some other journalists) she may do 10% great 'reports', 80% 'average' reports, with the final 10% of them being absolute howlers. I don't know her work so have no opinion on whether the weaknesses highlighted are representative, or are not. 

For me, the points are: (i) There will presumably be some people who might know Sonia's name, that are not as familiar with the MBM story as those here, and so any (well-meaning) attempt to investigate and expose relevant aspects of the MBM myth, and Brenda's part in it, are surely better than there being no attempts at all. (ii) Sonia is making her documentary and nothing said in this forum will alter that, (iii) Once the report comes out I look forward to seeing it and also following the thread comments here. Maybe it'll be a stinker and it will do her no favours and add to the list of her 'howlers'; maybe it'll be inconsequential and add no new information to the case (notwithstanding point (i), above), but maybe (hopefully?) it'll bring something new and an additional dimension  to the case of MBM, and how Brenda was treated and by whom, and as a result she'll redeem herself (as seems to have been the case with Richard Hall's work that some here were wary of before it hit the streets). 

When it comes out people may find they have an additional example of poor journalism to add to the list, or we may have something worth watching and we'll give her a pat on the back. Sonia's putting her name on the line (as only a relatively few brave souls have done), and I can't help but think that any discussion ahead of our watching it is rather academic.
I agree, Knitted.

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 09.01.15 12:36

Even if it turns out not to be very good, it might inadvertently contain a nugget of interest, or a single fact which blows things apart.
Like you, I reserve judgment until I have seen the evidence.

PeterMac
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 09.01.15 17:14

PeterMac wrote:Even if it turns out not to be very good, it might inadvertently contain a nugget of interest, or a single fact which blows things apart.
Like you, I reserve judgment until I have seen the evidence.
Ditto!

pennylane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Major on 09.01.15 18:00

I am Sylvia Major one of the wrongly accused people in the Hollie Greig case.

I would just like to add to this that Sonia was more than willing and ready to assist with the slurring of the names of innocent people, and her interview, which was most uninformed with Robert Green made things worse.  That is why Robert Green was arrested, she was encouraging a convicted criminal to air his views (ones that he was ordered by a court of law not to).  Sonia was passed masses of evidence before she interviewed Robert, but not once did she bother to question him or me.  

I always thought that a journalist would more than jump at the chance at interviewing both sides of 'a story'.  I contacted Sonia and asked her if she wished to meet me, I had no reply, in fact when she aired her show, she said that I, and others concerned were hiding from her.  That could not be further from the truth.

I too reserve my judgement on any work that Sonia does/will do, as she does not like to be questioned, and anyone that does is labelled as a troll.  On the other hand, Sonia thinks she has the right to doorstep people and ask them questions.

People like Tony, amongst others too were duped by the Hollie Greig Story, but at least they had the guts to stand up and say that they had been duped and apologise.  I think I might wait a long time for an apology from Sonia.   I would still be willing to meet her, but I think she realises that it would not further her career any more by doing so.

Sylvia Major

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 09.01.15 18:09

Oh Dear,this is NOT about Hollie Grieg this is about Sonia Poultons video about Madeleine and Brenda,why don't you give the woman a chance instead of slagging her of before its even shown.
tiny

Back to top Go down

Post by tungsten tel on 09.01.15 18:40

Sylvia Major wrote:I am Sylvia Major one of the wrongly accused people in the Hollie Greig case.

I would just like to add to this that Sonia was more than willing and ready to assist with the slurring of the names of innocent people, and her interview, which was most uninformed with Robert Green made things worse.  That is why Robert Green was arrested, she was encouraging a convicted criminal to air his views (ones that he was ordered by a court of law not to).  Sonia was passed masses of evidence before she interviewed Robert, but not once did she bother to question him or me.  

I always thought that a journalist would more than jump at the chance at interviewing both sides of 'a story'.  I contacted Sonia and asked her if she wished to meet me, I had no reply, in fact when she aired her show, she said that I, and others concerned were hiding from her.  That could not be further from the truth.

I too reserve my judgement on any work that Sonia does/will do, as she does not like to be questioned, and anyone that does is labelled as a troll.  On the other hand, Sonia thinks she has the right to doorstep people and ask them questions.

People like Tony, amongst others too were duped by the Hollie Greig Story, but at least they had the guts to stand up and say that they had been duped and apologise.  I think I might wait a long time for an apology from Sonia.   I would still be willing to meet her, but I think she realises that it would not further her career any more by doing so.
Mmmmmmmm Are you really ? Coz if your not I look forward to this more than before TBH

tungsten tel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 09.01.15 18:47

tiny wrote:Tony, no offence

No offence taken

but this is about Sonia Poulton and her docu about Madeleine and Brenda

Exactly so. Which is why we need IMO to consider Sonia's track record and especially so, as in cases like this, when it concerns her ability to establish the truth

I don't think the Hollie Greig case has any thing to do with this...

Wait a minute. Sonia has chosen to give a platform to Robert Green. She patently did not do her research, otherwise she would have challenged him. She refused point blank to present - or even hear - the evidence that Robert Green was putting out falsehood after falsehood about Hollie. That is a far cry from quality journalism. So far removed, in fact, that on this occasion it amounted to promoting lies on Icke's TV Channel and actively hiding the truth from her viewers.

Now, has she touched the Madeleine McCann case at all? Yes. And how? The one thing she did on 'People's TV' was to give the self-promoting nutcase Stephen D Birch an unchallenged platform to air his completely bonkers claim that his machine had established beyond doubt that Madeleine McCann was buried under Robert Murat's driveway. What effect did that have on her viewers? It misled them. She gave her viewing public lies, yet again.    

There are some people who think that Hollie Greig was abused and you can't take that belie[f] away from them, no matter how hard you try

This may come over as very arrogant. I can't think of any other way of saying it, however. But I suggest that the only people who still believe that Hollie Greig was serially raped by 22 to 31 Scottish paedophiles, in the homes of some of Scotland's most senior law officers, and raped by those same law officers,  and over a period of 14 continuous years from the age of 6, are those who have not studied the evidence. No-one who takes the trouble to look at the evidence can possibly doubt that Anne Greig and Robert Green are lying about what happened to Hollie.

This site, if it is about anything at all, is about the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth about what really happened to Madeleine McCann.

Our cause is unlikely to be helped by a woman with a proven track record of grossly minsinforming her viewing public, telling them lies and withholding the truth.

I might have more confidence in her if she admitted on the record that the Hollie Greig Hoax group are right about Hollie and Robert Green wrong. The very next thing she should do is issue a video exposing Stephen D Birch as the hoaxer and deceiver that he undoubtedly is - and telling people to ignore all he said in that interview she did with him    

but to give this as reason to have a pop at Sonia Poulton I am quite disappointed in you.

If Sonia produces a factual, convincing film about what really happened to Madeleine McCann, and takes us nearer the truth, believe me I shall be as delighted as anyone else. I wish her well. I advised her on here to 'raise her game'. There is no doubt that she has a credibility problem. She can alleviate that by correcting the misinformation she's put out about Robert Green, Hollie Greig - and of course Stephen D Birch  

Tony Bennett

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 32 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum