The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

"Buried by Mainstream Media" - new film due soon: NOW OUT - Page 10 Mm11

"Buried by Mainstream Media" - new film due soon: NOW OUT - Page 10 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

"Buried by Mainstream Media" - new film due soon: NOW OUT - Page 10 Mm11

"Buried by Mainstream Media" - new film due soon: NOW OUT - Page 10 Regist10

"Buried by Mainstream Media" - new film due soon: NOW OUT

Page 10 of 29 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Buried by Mainstream Media" - new film due soon: NOW OUT - Page 10 Empty Re: "Buried by Mainstream Media" - new film due soon: NOW OUT

Post by sallypelt 10.08.14 19:06

@Justformaddie wrote:I've just read martins statement on 26th may 07 and he does say the man was wearing cream coloured trousers, that's in the Mccann files. I've also read the reason he gave no stories or efits was because he knew Brian Kennedy was friends of the mcs.
IMO

I am referring to what Martin Smith said in his statements in the files. I haven't seen anything in them where M Smith refers to Brian Kennedy as being "friends of the McCanns". I would like to see the link to this, please.
sallypelt

Activity : 5318

Back to top Go down

"Buried by Mainstream Media" - new film due soon: NOW OUT - Page 10 Empty Re: "Buried by Mainstream Media" - new film due soon: NOW OUT

Post by Justformaddie 10.08.14 19:16

@sallypelt wrote:
@Justformaddie wrote:I've just read martins statement on 26th may 07 and he does say the man was wearing cream coloured trousers, that's in the Mccann files. I've also read the reason he gave no stories or efits was because he knew Brian Kennedy was friends of the mcs.
IMO

I wasn't referring to M Smith's statement on the trousers. That is stated in both statements. What I am referring to is in the first one he didn't know what his body clothing was.

"and darkish top maybe a jacket or blazer"???? When in his original statement, he said that he didn't know?? Now all of a sudden it's a jacket or a blazer.

As I've said earlier in my post, you can't have it both ways. You can't justify one person's statements, but dismiss another person's. Maybe we should accept that all the statements are "lost in translation".
Sorry Sally, I didn't know there was a statement earlier than the. 26th, I don't want it both ways, just the truth.

Activity : 541

Back to top Go down

Post by Justformaddie 10.08.14 19:20

@sallypelt wrote:
IMO

I am referring to what Martin Smith said in his statements in the files. I haven't seen anything in them where M Smith refers to Brian Kennedy as being "friends of the McCanns". I would like to see the link to this, please.
Can't do links, I googled Martin Smith Robert Murat and went from there, I'll try and find it again ok?

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 10.08.14 19:21

@Justformaddie wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:
IMO

I wasn't referring to M Smith's statement on the trousers. That is stated in both statements. What I am referring to is in the first one he didn't know what his body clothing was.

"and darkish top maybe a jacket or blazer"???? When in his original statement, he said that he didn't know?? Now all of a sudden it's a jacket or a blazer.

As I've said earlier in my post, you can't have it both ways. You can't justify one person's statements, but dismiss another person's. Maybe we should accept that all the statements are "lost in translation".
Sorry Sally, I didn't know there was a statement earlier than the. 26th, I don't want it both ways, just the truth.
JFM, here is the link to Martin Smith's and his family's statements. You will see Martin Smith's first statement (26.5.07) at the top. His 2008 statement is near the bottom.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_SMITH.htm
sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Justformaddie 10.08.14 19:28

Sally that link won't let me in, but not just today because I've tried the last two days, it takes me to .com domain! Anyone else get this?

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 10.08.14 19:30

@Justformaddie wrote:Sally that link won't let me in, but not just today because I've tried the last two days, it takes me to .com domain! Anyone else get this?

JFM, put "Martin Smith PJ Files" into Google, and go from there.
sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 10.08.14 19:33

@sallypelt wrote:
Marlie wrote:I don't know sallypelt, the first statement was made in Portugal using an interpreter and the second was made in his local garda station, a bit of a difference for me. 

In the first statement he said that smithman wore light trousers but wasn't sure about the remainder of the clothing. We don't know what other questions were asked. 

But now he's being asked specific questions at his local station, they may have probed him about say if his top was lighter or darker in colour than the trousers, if he had long/short sleeves so no doubt easier for him to answer.

To the best of my knowledge he didn't sell his stories unless there is something that I missed. I don't know if they were involved in efits however if they were couldn't it have been after his interview in Jan?

Marlie. I have no idea whether Martin Smith is telling the truth, or whether he's been "got at". All I am going on is the inconsistencies in his statements. This is what we are judging the Tapas members on. I don't do hypocrisy.
The tapas gang are up to their necks in it, the Smith family are innocent bystanders. 

And btw, the fact that the Smiths have never, ever got involved in the McCanns media circus, is to their credit, not grounds for suspicion!
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 10.08.14 19:38

@Cristobell wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:
Marlie wrote:I don't know sallypelt, the first statement was made in Portugal using an interpreter and the second was made in his local garda station, a bit of a difference for me. 

In the first statement he said that smithman wore light trousers but wasn't sure about the remainder of the clothing. We don't know what other questions were asked. 

But now he's being asked specific questions at his local station, they may have probed him about say if his top was lighter or darker in colour than the trousers, if he had long/short sleeves so no doubt easier for him to answer.

To the best of my knowledge he didn't sell his stories unless there is something that I missed. I don't know if they were involved in efits however if they were couldn't it have been after his interview in Jan?

Marlie. I have no idea whether Martin Smith is telling the truth, or whether he's been "got at". All I am going on is the inconsistencies in his statements. This is what we are judging the Tapas members on. I don't do hypocrisy.
The tapas gang are up to their necks in it, the Smith family are innocent bystanders. 

And btw, the fact that the Smiths have never, ever got involved in the McCanns media circus, is to their credit, not grounds for suspicion!

Christobell, inconsistencies are inconsistencies, and it leaves one with certain doubts. Enough was said when Jane Tanner started out with "eggman" but as time passed, her memory seems to have improved. Did the same thing happen to Martin Smith?

And what makes you so sure that Martin Smith is so squeaky clean? Can you give some credible links to his "innocence"? I am not interested in opinion, I want recorded facts.
sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 10.08.14 19:38

This thread seems to be in danger of going off topic.

Here is a link to many of the Smith sighting articles http://www.mccannfiles.com/id162.html

Please continue this debate in the Martin Smith or Murat threads.
sharonl
sharonl
Admin
Admin

Activity : 10437

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 10.08.14 19:43

I haven't watched it yet. I'm waiting for the DVD's I ordered to arrive.

I'm glad I haven't watched it yet as it's been good to see all the opinions posted here and I'll have them in mind whilst viewing.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13029

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 10.08.14 19:51

I think for the McCanns to retain any sort of credibility with their current and any future lawsuits (ie, the case against Dr Amaral in Portugal and the purported lawsuit against the Times in the UK) they will also have to bring a lawsuit against the maker of this series of DVDs. To bring a lawsuit against Amaral, especially, and then to completely ignore this documentary series, would send a message to the world that their case against Amaral is nothing but a personal vendetta and an attempted grab for money. IMO.
canada12

Activity : 1697

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 10.08.14 20:06

@sallypelt wrote:
@Cristobell wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:

Christobell, inconsistencies are inconsistencies, and it leaves one with certain doubts. Enough was said when Jane Tanner started out with "eggman" but as time passed, her memory seems to have improved. Did the same thing happen to Martin Smith?

And what makes you so sure that Martin Smith is so squeaky clean? Can you give some credible links to his "innocence"? I am not interested in opinion, I want recorded facts.
You might want all these things Sally, but I don't have to give you anything nor does Martin Smith.  We are a discussion board not the Spanish Inquisition.

I choose to believe the Smith family, you don't.  If you want information you will have to find it yourself - as I tell the pro's, I don't do other people's research.
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 10.08.14 20:10

@Cristobell wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:
@Cristobell wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:

You might want all these things Sally, but I don't have to give you anything nor does Martin Smith.  We are a discussion board not the Spanish Inquisition.

I choose to believe the Smith family, you don't.  If you want information you will have to find it yourself - as I tell the pro's, I don't do other people's research.

End of this discussion. You have completely discredited yourself, I didn't say I didn't believe him. I said I DON'T KNOW one way or the other, because of his inconsistencies, but putting words into people's mouths appears to be a trait of yours. I have nothing more to say to you on this topic. I will now do as co-admin has advised.......take this topic to the place where it belongs!
sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 10.08.14 20:24

@sharonl wrote:This thread seems to be in danger of going off topic.

Here is a link to many of the Smith sighting articles http://www.mccannfiles.com/id162.html

Not fussed where this discussed Sharon, but if the overall message of the 4 videos is the dismissal of the Smith family sighting, then it is important to be seen on here.

Whilst I agree the first three videos were brilliant, I wondered when there would be a mention of Smithman.  I think we are all agreed, he is integral to the whole story, as important as the shutters, the whooshing curtains and the phoney private investigators.  Perhaps, even more important than all of those, as he appears to be SY's prime suspect. 

If it is Richard Hall's intention to tell the full story of what the newspapers aren't telling us, then why did not include details of this very important sighting in Parts 1,2 and 3? When he did mention it in Part 4, he linked it to Jane Tanner's fantasy sighting as if it were of no importance at all. 

That sets alarm bells for me Sharon.  Its like describing the JFK shooting without mentioning the sniper on the top floor the Texas book depository.  To put it bluntly, the Richard Hall story has a bleddy great big hole in it.
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 10.08.14 20:30

@canada12 wrote:I think for the McCanns to retain any sort of credibility with their current and any future lawsuits (ie, the case against Dr Amaral in Portugal and the purported lawsuit against the Times in the UK) they will also have to bring a lawsuit against the maker of this series of DVDs. To bring a lawsuit against Amaral, especially, and then to completely ignore this documentary series, would send a message to the world that their case against Amaral is nothing but a personal vendetta and an attempted grab for money. IMO.

I believe this was the very point the judge in their case against Amaral was trying to make when she asked Gerry if he'd heard of a series of other books written by other Portuguese authors.
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by Justformaddie 10.08.14 20:32

Is anyone else not able to get into the mccannpjfiles? Or is it just me?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.08.14 20:36

@Justformaddie wrote:Is anyone else not able to get into the mccannpjfiles? Or is it just me?

Perhaps it's because you're using an iPad?

I've just tried on a laptop and no problem.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Justformaddie 10.08.14 20:44

@Ladyinred wrote:
@Justformaddie wrote:Is anyone else not able to get into the mccannpjfiles? Or is it just me?

Perhaps it's because you're using an iPad?

I've just tried on a laptop and no problem.
Thank you, LIR  roses

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 10.08.14 20:45

@Cristobell wrote:

Not fussed where this discussed Sharon, but if the overall message of the 4 videos is the dismissal of the Smith family sighting, then it is important to be seen on here.

Whilst I agree the first three videos were brilliant, I wondered when there would be a mention of Smithman.  I think we are all agreed, he is integral to the whole story, as important as the shutters, the whooshing curtains and the phoney private investigators.  Perhaps, even more important than all of those, as he appears to be SY's prime suspect. 

If it is Richard Hall's intention to tell the full story of what the newspapers aren't telling us, then why did not include details of this very important sighting in Parts 1,2 and 3? When he did mention it in Part 4, he linked it to Jane Tanner's fantasy sighting as if it were of no importance at all. 

That sets alarm bells for me Sharon.  Its like describing the JFK shooting without mentioning the sniper on the top floor the Texas book depository.  To put it bluntly, the Richard Hall story has a bleddy great big hole in it.
I mean absolutely no offence here Cristobell but you yourself went onto a news media thingy of Ike's and made a big announcement on this forum about Martin Grime might be appearing. Your media appearance was scant of research, lacked factual content and resembled a fireside chat. Sonia Poulton dragged details up from her memory to keep the interview going.

The fact that you disagree with Tony Bennett about Smithman is really a bee in your bonnet and you labour the point. I respect your right to your opinion but to denigrate Richard Hall's first production with an analogy of JFK's demise is a bit rich though don't you think? To damn this production (I haven't seen it yet) and say it has a 'bleddy great hole in it' is perhaps because it doesn't fit in with your opinion or more importantly your disagreement with just about anything Tony Bennett has to say.

As I've said, no offence intended Cristobell, and I did try your curry recipe from your blog the other day - it was lovely.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13029

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTruthWillOut 10.08.14 20:50

To be fair hasn't it been said (on this thread, even?) that RH is doing a separate doc on the Smiths and Murat?
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Activity : 754

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyB 10.08.14 21:14

FFS. Yet another thread successfully disrupted into a Smith man discussion.

Can we rename this forum "The Complete Mystery of Smith Man" please?
AndyB

Activity : 724

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.08.14 21:26

@AndyB wrote:FFS. Yet another thread successfully disrupted into a Smith man discussion.

Can we rename this forum "The Complete Mystery of Smith Man" please?

I said the same this morning and got told off.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 10.08.14 21:29

aquila wrote:
@Cristobell wrote:

I mean absolutely no offence here Cristobell but you yourself went onto a news media thingy of Ike's and made a big announcement on this forum about Martin Grime might be appearing. Your media appearance was scant of research, lacked factual content and resembled a fireside chat. Sonia Poulton dragged details up from her memory to keep the interview going.

The fact that you disagree with Tony Bennett about Smithman is really a bee in your bonnet and you labour the point. I respect your right to your opinion but to denigrate Richard Hall's first production with an analogy of JFK's demise is a bit rich though don't you think? To damn this production (I haven't seen it yet) and say it has a 'bleddy great hole in it' is perhaps because it doesn't fit in with your opinion or more importantly your disagreement with just about anything Tony Bennett has to say.

As I've said, no offence intended Cristobell, and I did try your curry recipe from your blog the other day - it was lovely.
No offence taken, and I hate myself for denigrating what should have been a masterpiece.  He has got a lot of facts out there, and rammed home the blatant lies that have been inflicted on us for the past 7 years.  I salute his bravery, he outed two Prime Ministers.  I greatly admire his presenting style, its really not as easy as it looks, as you pointed out, ouch, btw. 

Its compelling viewing, it must be said, I stayed up until the wee small hours watching them.  However, I was waiting for details of the Smith sighting and the suppression of it by the McCanns.  I know that he had an awful lot to fit in, but as Smithman is the prime suspect, it was integral to the overall story. 

Having seen Part 4, I can see why he did not give details of the Smith family sighting, he has taken the same stance as Tony.  That raises huge questions Aquila.  It does not matter if Richard Hall believes the sighting or not, it was one of the main happenings on the night of 3rd May 2007.  Viewers unfamiliar with this case, won't have a clue who the Smiths were and why their story is as fake as Jane Tanner's. 

My disagreement with Tony on the Smith family cannot be avoided I'm afraid.  I think it is wrong to invade the family's privacy and I think it is wrong to cast aspirations on their characters on such flimsy evidence.  I simply cannot stand by and see these decent people torn to pieces without saying anything. 

Ps. Delighted you enjoyed my vegetable curry  smilie
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 10.08.14 21:52

Cristobell wrote:
It does not matter if Richard Hall believes the sighting or not, it was one of the main happenings on the night of 3rd May 2007
--------------------------------------------------

SAYS WHO?

IF their 'sighting' was one of the 'main happenings', on the night of 3rd May 2007, then why did the ENTIRE Smith family not knock down the door of the police station/headquarters, on 4th May 2007, and scream at them, in unison, 'we SAW this man and child LAST NIGHT in THIS exact location?

You cannot be serious if you think the ENTIRE Smith 'family' did not hear about, see the HUNDREDS of volunteer searchers and dozens of police in a 'sleepy' village, on the 4th May 2007 and NOT 'ask' what was going on.

"THAT vershion is simply not credible, M'lady".

And upon being told that a child had been 'abducted' at least ONE of the Smith family would have, imo, said 'we should tell the police about that man we all saw carrying a child last night, right NOW'

Strangely, they DIDN'T!

WHY EVER NOT?
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 10.08.14 21:56

I ask once again, please would you discuss the Smithman topic on the Smithman thread.

Further disruptions to this thread, involving Smithman will be deleted.  Thank you
sharonl
sharonl
Admin
Admin

Activity : 10437

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 29 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum