The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE   - Page 32 Mm11

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE   - Page 32 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE   - Page 32 Mm11

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE   - Page 32 Regist10

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE   - Page 32 Empty Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by chillyheat Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:49 am

Châtelaine wrote:I thought his name was Tiny Tears ...
I thought it was Tit Itch big grin
chillyheat

Activity : 884

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:10 am

Hot off the press: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/disgraced-madeleine-mccann-detective-must-2810179

As far as I'm aware  the court hearing scheduled for yesterday was held over until 27 November. 

I'm wondering if the judge has handed down her decision in the matter of Dr Amaral and the McCanns' applications to speak as witnesses and, while so doing, has also made the above request.  

If not, I find it odd the judge is not asking for similar declarations by the three other defendants who've profited from the sale of 'The truth of the lie' - but, as the Mirror is not the most accurate court reporter, perhaps she has.

In any event, I expect there's more to this than the Mirror story has it.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:03 am

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/disgraced-madeleine-mccann-detective-must-2810179

By Andy Lines

Disgraced Madeleine McCann detective must reveal how much money he made from book about bungled Maddie probe

20 Nov 2013 00:00

A judge ordered Goncalo Amaral to hand over receipts - Gerry and Kate McCann are suing him for £1million over his book The Truth of the Lie

Disgraced former detective Goncalo Amaral was yesterday ordered by a judge in Lisbon to reveal how much cash he made from a book about the bungled Madeleine McCann probe.

Amaral, 56, has 10 days to hand over receipts.

The book’s publishers and the producers of a TV documentary were also instructed to reveal how much they paid him in royalties.

Gerry and Kate, both 45, are suing him for £1million over his book The Truth of the Lie, in which he claimed they covered up their girl’s death in the Algarve in 2007.

He denies defamation.
.........................................................................................

Good to see the Mirror mentioning his book, The Truth of the Lie (twice)

There's no such thing as bad publicity!
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:35 am

"There's no such thing as bad publicity!"  It seems to me the McCs' are proving the exception to that particular rule big grin 

I'm still puzzling over this story.  Why would the judge 'order' Dr Amaral to provide these details 'within 10 days' as they may not be submitted to the court until 2 days after the next hearing or longer if, as is customary, the period of time allowed is 10 working days?
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Back to top Go down

Post by Seek truth Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:19 am

BUNGLED? But there's no evidence of this.

Why do papers sometimes mention this, they need to state why they say this.
Seek truth

Activity : 449

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:50 am

Seek truth wrote:BUNGLED? But there's no evidence of this.

Why do papers sometimes mention this, they need to state why they say this.
Why do they always say disgraced cop ?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/disgraced-madeleine-mccann-detective-must-2810179
jozi
jozi

Activity : 733

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyB Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:51 am

Why would the judge order this if she wasn't going to find for the McCann's?
AndyB

Activity : 724

Back to top Go down

Post by noddy100 Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:00 am

AndyB wrote:Why would the judge order this if she wasn't going to find for the McCann's?
What a nightmare
noddy100

Activity : 760

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:01 am

jeanmonroe wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/disgraced-madeleine-mccann-detective-must-2810179

By Andy Lines

Disgraced Madeleine McCann detective must reveal how much money he made from book about bungled Maddie probe

20 Nov 2013 00:00

A judge ordered Goncalo Amaral to hand over receipts - Gerry and Kate McCann are suing him for £1million over his book The Truth of the Lie

Disgraced former detective Goncalo Amaral was yesterday ordered by a judge in Lisbon to reveal how much cash he made from a book about the bungled Madeleine McCann probe.

Amaral, 56, has 10 days to hand over receipts.

The book’s publishers and the producers of a TV documentary were also instructed to reveal how much they paid him in royalties.

Gerry and Kate, both 45, are suing him for £1million over his book The Truth of the Lie, in which he claimed they covered up their girl’s death in the Algarve in 2007.

He denies defamation.
.........................................................................................

Good to see the Mirror mentioning his book, The Truth of the Lie (twice)

There's no such thing as bad publicity!
I want to know the EXACT amount of money the mccanns have made of off the general public with their fake abduction
tiny
tiny

Activity : 2311

Back to top Go down

Post by soundworks Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:06 am

noddy100 wrote:
AndyB wrote:Why would the judge order this if she wasn't going to find for the McCann's?
What a nightmare
Don't worry it will be bullshit paper news

I believe that all the folks over in Portugal are playing a canny game (just like the mccanns have been doing) and will have enough evidence so therefore are giving them enough rope to hang themselves

when the mccanns land on portueguese soil watch the shit hit the fan !
prisoner
soundworks

Activity : 96

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyB Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:21 am

soundworks wrote:Don't worry it will be bullshit paper news
Are you saying that you don't believe the judge ordered it?
AndyB

Activity : 724

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:32 am

ultimaThule wrote:Hot off the press: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/disgraced-madeleine-mccann-detective-must-2810179

As far as I'm aware  the court hearing scheduled for yesterday was held over until 27 November. 

I'm wondering if the judge has handed down her decision in the matter of Dr Amaral and the McCanns' applications to speak as witnesses and, while so doing, has also made the above request.  

If not, I find it odd the judge is not asking for similar declarations by the three other defendants who've profited from the sale of 'The truth of the lie' - but, as the Mirror is not the most accurate court reporter, perhaps she has.

In any event, I expect there's more to this than the Mirror story has it.
I'm only responding to my earlier post on this subject in order to shift it to the next page without having to type it out again [ lazy cow emoticon]

I find it odd that, if this story can be believed, the McCanns' counsel didn't seek this information when the trial began and I'm wondering if this yet another tale from a 'source' close to them which has been fed to a journalist who's as lazy as I'm being and hasn't got a clue bothered to check whether there was a hearing yesterday.

It will be interesting to see if any other tabloids run with this particular ball but, in any event, I don't see any cause for concern if it transpires Izzy has made application for this information to be disclosed at, what should but is unlikely to be, the eleventh hour.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Back to top Go down

Post by soundworks Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:39 am

AndyB wrote:
soundworks wrote:Don't worry it will be bullshit paper news
Are you saying that you don't believe the judge ordered it?
I believe the judge ordered it yes but just like all the papers they will only publish what they want you to hear

it is an obvious question that has to be asked or else how could the court determine how much to award etc etc

it doesn't mean that the mccanns are gonna win

I'm hoping they are leading the mccanns into a false sense of security to get them over to portugal
soundworks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:54 am

Nothing in todays Correio da Manha

Could be true, however. 

I doubt whether the Court will sentence GA and the other defendants to pay up more than they have themselves received.

If anything
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by noddy100 Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:00 am

Why are the Mirror so supportive of the McCanns even though they gave all their exclusives book serialisation etc to the Sun? TIA
noddy100

Activity : 760

Back to top Go down

Post by sami Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:32 am

Recent tweet

@Justice_forum: Day 9 of the #McCann vs Gonçalo Amaral libel trial in Lisbon sees McCann lawyer Isabel Duarte demanding proof of royalties paid to Amaral.
sami

Activity : 1019

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:34 am

Sadly I agree.  I wonder if the UK has leant on the Portuguese justice system again?

I know you can't believe everything you read, but they are talking about the case like if it was a full gone conclusion in favour of TM.
Pershing36
Pershing36

Activity : 721

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:35 am

noddy100 wrote:Why are the Mirror so supportive of the McCanns even though they gave all their exclusives book serialisation etc to the Sun? TIA
I actually read the Mirror yesterday for the first time in years - my parents get it. When you don't read tabloid newspapers for years at a time then casually dip into one it is a very surreal experience. A similar effect can be had on viewing TV for the first time after a long break. Basically there's a palpable sense of being told what they want you to hear. I wouldn't even believe the date on it. Thank god for the Internet (1995-2014).
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:36 am

sami wrote:Recent tweet

@Justice_forum: Day 9 of the #McCann vs Gonçalo Amaral libel trial in Lisbon sees McCann lawyer Isabel Duarte demanding proof of royalties paid to Amaral.
Perhaps Izzy Bizzy THINKS she is the 'Judge' now!

I demand, she grows up! (sorry)

Didn't Stuart Hall, convicted child molester, when he was first arrested, but out on bail, TRANSFER his house any everything into his wifes name?

He was a very busy man before his court appearance 'moving stuff'.

Apparently, when he gets out he'll be a 'guest' in his old, and SAME, house, now in his wife's 'name'. (£1.5 million house!)
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:36 am

Pershing36 wrote:
Sadly I agree.  I wonder if the UK has leant on the Portuguese justice system again?

I know you can't believe everything you read, but they are talking about the case like if it was a full gone conclusion in favour of TM.
If that does happen then we're definitely in the Twilight Zone.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:46 am

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
Pershing36 wrote:

If that does happen then we're definitely in the Twilight Zone.
Problem is the UK have meddled with the case since it started.
Pershing36
Pershing36

Activity : 721

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Royston Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:00 am

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
noddy100 wrote:Why are the Mirror so supportive of the McCanns even though they gave all their exclusives book serialisation etc to the Sun? TIA
I actually read the Mirror yesterday for the first time in years - my parents get it. When you don't read tabloid newspapers for years at a time then casually dip into one it is a very surreal experience. A similar effect can be had on viewing TV for the first time after a long break. Basically there's a palpable sense of being told what they want you to hear. I wouldn't even believe the date on it. Thank god for the Internet (1995-2014).
I'm of pensionable age. When I was about nine years old my father's aunt came to live with us. She was in her ninenties. One day I asked her if she wanted to read the Daily Record (the Mirror's Scottish stablemate) that my father had brought in.
She declined and told me that when she was a young woman in Glasgow, they used to call that paper "The Ha'penny Liar". As that must have been around 1900, it seems that nothing much has changed.
Rob Royston

Activity : 152

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:06 am

https://twitter.com/Justice_forum

I was under the impression the hearing set for yesterday (19th) was postponed until the 27th but it seems not.  

It seems we'll have to wait for the transcipts to appear before we can get to the bottom of this story.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:02 am

I understand, that it's perfectly normal as part of the process to establish amounts. Maybe also the French, Dutch, German, Danish etc. royalties which he hasn't been paid yet ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by soundworks Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:11 am

sami wrote:Recent tweet

there you go then 

papers twisting to suit their agenda

judge not demanding but the mccanns themselves

ffs I just wish they would be arrested and thrown in prison !
soundworks

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top