The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Daily Mirror - Tony Bennett   - Page 2 Mm11

Daily Mirror - Tony Bennett   - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Daily Mirror - Tony Bennett   - Page 2 Mm11

Daily Mirror - Tony Bennett   - Page 2 Regist10

Daily Mirror - Tony Bennett

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Daily Mirror - Tony Bennett   - Page 2 Empty Re: Daily Mirror - Tony Bennett

Post by Miraflores 22.02.13 21:48

Yes, but.... IMO the McCanns do seem to enjoy the oxygen of publicity. If everyone else shut up and got on with their lives, I don't think they would be all that pleased. Hence their shoe-horning themselves into the hacked off campaign.
Miraflores
Miraflores

Activity : 856

Back to top Go down

Post by puzzled 22.02.13 22:36

Monty Heck wrote:
I do wonder what it is that makes the McCs think so highly of themselves that they are prepared to squander obscene amounts of money in order to protect their "reputation". Just what does that reputation amount to?

From comments I've seen on other boards, I don't think the McCanns have any reputation to protect. The general view of them seems to be very,very negative.

Activity : 239

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanie 22.02.13 23:11

puzzled wrote:
Monty Heck wrote:
I do wonder what it is that makes the McCs think so highly of themselves that they are prepared to squander obscene amounts of money in order to protect their "reputation". Just what does that reputation amount to?

From comments I've seen on other boards, I don't think the McCanns have any reputation to protect. The general view of them seems to be very,very negative.

puzzled you are right I have never seen so many negative comments aimed at the McCanns. There are also many people coming out on Twitter, Facebook as well I believe, asking what is going on and being given links to various sites to read the truth for themselves. This will not go away and hopefully one day soon Madeleine will get the justice she so deserves.
Beanie

Activity : 243

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie 22.02.13 23:18

I now expect the McCanns to restart their search for Madeleine with renewed vigour now that Tony has been gagged. He is no longer preventing people from searching, except I don't think they have the time to spare as they are too busy trying to gag the press and helping other people find missing relatives, friends. Nice to see they've got their priorities right.
Ollie

Activity : 279

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22.02.13 23:55

Yes, let's hope that they will become personally involved in the search for Madeleine in Russia (lovely at this time of the year) now that they are no longer having sleepless nights over Mr B.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel 23.02.13 1:24

pennylane wrote:
tiny wrote:
Spaniel wrote:Apparently six reporters in court, yet the papers print a press release from Mitchell. ?????
and thats the only stone the mccanns will turn over,to let mitchell creep out to spill his shite

Mitchell keeps the media buzzing with McCann hype, which makes money for them, and they in turn have plenty to grease his palms with. It's been an epic, golden goose ménage à trois Daily Mirror - Tony Bennett   - Page 2 2631910524 Daily Mirror - Tony Bennett   - Page 2 2631910524 Daily Mirror - Tony Bennett   - Page 2 2631910524

This grotesque pair then have the audacity to seek to suppress and control the media and Tony Bennett from repeating what is in the police files, when they themselves have milked, manipulated and spun their dodgy story for all it's worth. Daily Mirror - Tony Bennett   - Page 2 654494
Very insightful pennylane, worthy of the banner IMHO. So is that three in a bed or four in a bed? Bet Admin could sort it for a future headline.

I have in the back of my mind a remark from someone in the newspaper industry, speaking about a PR person. May have been Clifford, may have been Mitchell or PR in general. The gist was, "You either print it our way or you get nothing." They make a wall.

I can remember the old days when a big story broke, I'd buy and read say three papers, because each had their own take on it.
Now with a press release, there's no point. Even the provincials are mostly owned by the Mail group as is the Leicester paper.
Spaniel
Spaniel

Activity : 769

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey5 23.02.13 6:04

It's a pity that all the newspaper editors don't agree to print absolutely nothing about the McCanns.
That would annoy them so much- in fact Gerry would be quite "hacked off" about it. They would find it extremely difficult to complain about though. Daily Mirror - Tony Bennett   - Page 2 110921
Casey5

Activity : 402

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23.02.13 6:10

Casey5 wrote:It's a pity that all the newspaper editors don't agree to print absolutely nothing about the McCanns.
That would annoy them so much- in fact Gerry would be quite "hacked off" about it. They would find it extremely difficult to complain about though. Daily Mirror - Tony Bennett   - Page 2 110921
Daily Mirror - Tony Bennett   - Page 2 110921 2U2
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Daily Mirror - Tony Bennett   - Page 2 Empty link for Press Gazette open for comments

Post by kitchen 23.02.13 6:24

report on Tony in the Press Gazette open for comment - chance to speak direct to the media

http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/retired-solicitor-sentenced-mccann-contempt

kitchen
kitchen

Activity : 66

Back to top Go down

Post by nobodythereeither 23.02.13 7:09

kitchen wrote:report on Tony in the Press Gazette open for comment - chance to speak direct to the media

http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/retired-solicitor-sentenced-mccann-contempt

That's weird, because the first comment I made was posted without question, but when I tried to post another one I got a message that it "had to be approved by a moderator" first .....
nobodythereeither

Activity : 273

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 23.02.13 21:44

As we are talking about newspapers I thought I would post this for info.

A friend of mine has brought over a copy of yesterday's Daily Mail. On page 39
In big bold letters: The McFraudsters.

"Couple
stole £3million of goods by posing as McDonald's executives. It then
goes on to say the a couple stole the identities of execs. from
McDonalds and Greggs to order hoards of goods through "company
accounts".

Article is too long to type out and I have looked online for link but cannot find it there.

I wonder why they did not include Greggs in the headline?
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23.02.13 21:54

I presume this is the story though not with the McFraudsters headline - I agree that I would have thought of someone else if I'd seen it!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2282267/Caught-camera-Moment-fraudsters-posed-McDonalds-executives-lived-mansion-bling-tried-evade-police-100mph-chase-M60.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 23.02.13 21:58

Thank you Jean for link. I typed in McFraudsters in their search engine. I am hopeless with links.
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by Five Star 23.02.13 22:16

I can't quite believe I'm reading about mcdonalds , ive been thinking "mcdonalds" "Ronald Mcdonald" for some strange reason! ...and "Euros"

Maybe I've got my psycicmenenergy back? lol

daft1
Five Star
Five Star

Activity : 116

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel 23.02.13 23:34

There's also a McLibel Two. They were granted legal aid via the European court when McDonalds brought a libel case against them.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2005/feb/15/foodanddrink
With hindsight, Tony may as well not have signed the undertaking and gone through a libel trial with the help from Europe instead.
If you read the link a lot applies to TB's case there.

I know the pressure to sign to settle only too well. I had a my solicitor and barrister both urging me in one direction when I wanted another. It's all rushed in a side room from the court and we assume they know best.

What I've learned since is they didn't care what my long term future held, they wanted me to agree to what they knew the judge would grant on that day. In other words, a guaranteed win.

Just as important was to settle before seeing the judge. That way, they can boast on their website that 80% of our cases are settled out of court.

Now that what I predicted to them has come true they don't want to know. They do want the remaining 7k of the 32k they charged me however.
Spaniel
Spaniel

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 24.02.13 5:31

Good find Spaniel. That is very interesting.
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel 24.02.13 6:01

plebgate wrote:Good find Spaniel. That is very interesting.
Tony was well aware of that case plebgate, as it was rather a landmark one. What I didn't realise was that the LA was granted after the trial. ???? That is what I found interesting.

Personally, I would be less inclined to sign an undertaking, if I thought I would be represented in court. It was possibly so rushed through, that Tony had no chance to explore the possibility of LA, let alone granted by Strasbourg.

It must have looked good on the young couple's CVs that they defeated McDonalds.Daily Mirror - Tony Bennett   - Page 2 742129
Spaniel
Spaniel

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top