The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCanns v Bennett: JUDGMENT today (24 October) VIDEO added 'Good Luck Tony!' - Page 2 Mm11

McCanns v Bennett: JUDGMENT today (24 October) VIDEO added 'Good Luck Tony!' - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCanns v Bennett: JUDGMENT today (24 October) VIDEO added 'Good Luck Tony!' - Page 2 Mm11

McCanns v Bennett: JUDGMENT today (24 October) VIDEO added 'Good Luck Tony!' - Page 2 Regist10

McCanns v Bennett: JUDGMENT today (24 October) VIDEO added 'Good Luck Tony!'

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

McCanns v Bennett: JUDGMENT today (24 October) VIDEO added 'Good Luck Tony!' - Page 2 Empty Re: McCanns v Bennett: JUDGMENT today (24 October) VIDEO added 'Good Luck Tony!'

Post by Tony Bennett 24.10.12 1:10

candyfloss wrote:Tony, can I ask why you will not be present tomorrow? CR are attending you say.
Yes. I am still not sure whether I am supposed to be there or not. No-one told me I should be. All I was told was 'Judgment will be given on 24 October'. Some people like to attend a judgment, and of course for Carter-Ruck, it's just a 4-minute walk down the road.

I did make one last-minute application by letter, namely to be allowed 14 days' notice (instead of a few hours) of last-minute new legal arguments and accompanying bundles of case law. It's quite intimdating receiving a bundle of papers just hours before a court hearing which you have to study under pressure. I don't think the court will approve at all of Carter-Ruck doing that to someone who is unrepresented.

Carter-Ruck told me late today by e-mail that they would fight my application to be given 14 days' notice of any new legal arguments, and would be in court to oppose it.

Quite honestly, I'm exhausted now with all the work of the past 4 weeks (plus I have another pre-booked engagement tomorrow morning), so I just wrote back to the judge explaining my reasons for wanting 14 days' notice and said I was content to decide on the appropriate order without me being present.

I have seen the judge's draft judgment anyway, a few days ago. I have made my comments. I have seen Carter-Ruck's comments on the draft judgment, and have submitted my responses. So there's really nothing for me to do.

If I lose this case, I expect I will get a hefty bill for Adam Tudor, Isabel Martorell and two of their colleagues all turning up in court for an hour.

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

McCanns v Bennett: JUDGMENT today (24 October) VIDEO added 'Good Luck Tony!' - Page 2 Empty Re: McCanns v Bennett: JUDGMENT today (24 October) VIDEO added 'Good Luck Tony!'

Post by SkruffyKat 24.10.12 1:16

Tony,

Just wanted to say good luck and best wishes from Liverpool... There are plenty of us here who also don't believe in the pr stunt that this tragedy is... I wish you all the best and will keep reading :)

Activity : 87

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 24.10.12 1:17

T4two wrote:
Tony Bennet snip... 'Mr
Bennett made a solemn and binding undertaking not to say certain
things, for ever, equivalent to him voluntarily signing a contract. He
cannot therefore get out of that contract so long as he lives’

Unless that contract had been concluded with the express purpose of concealing a felony - which would render it null and void?

REPLY: Yes, but that's not something I can prove.

Hence IMO the significance of the question, "Suppose it's established that the claimants had lied about what happened?"

REPLY: Yes. I think, with all due respect to Mr Justice Tugendhat, and in the hope that I am not misrepresenting him, that he was simply exploring aloud under precisely what circumstances, if any, any or all of my 16 undertakings could be undone. As I think his judgment will suggest, this can really only be done if the McCanns state, within the libel proceedings, what are my words that they claim are defamatory. Once they have done that, I can then submit a defence - and as I've said a number of times before, I think my publications are covered by what was the defence of 'fair comment' and is now the defence of 'honest comment'

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 24.10.12 1:21

SkruffyKat wrote:Tony,

Just wanted to say good luck and best wishes from Liverpool... There are plenty of us here who also don't believe in the pr stunt that this tragedy is... I wish you all the best and will keep reading :)
Ta. I'm right made up with that.

Mind you, the last time I was in Liverpool was 2 October 2009. On that day in Liverpool, four lawyers told me that even if one line in '60 Reasons' was considered libellous by the court, I would face a damages claim and that plus the McCanns' costs would wipe out all my savings. I really was very frightened that day.

P.S. This is not a trick question. I would just like a one word answer. Is Liverpool in Lancashire? Yes or no?

www.forl.co.uk

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by SkruffyKat 24.10.12 1:29

Tony,

No

Back to top Go down

Post by SkruffyKat 24.10.12 1:37

And reading your link... It's a lie made up by people who want the lower classes in Liverpool and Manchester etc to look better by saying they are from Lancashire hahah! I used to live in Lancashire and have been called a snob since I moved to Liverpool, Merseyside (nothing else needed) as I talk in a non scouse accent... Although its not a Lancashire accent either, and my Lancashire friends believe that I am now a scally with a penchant for looking the other way when crimes are committed as I sound a bit rough when I talk... With a very slight scouse accent apparently.

But anyway, people will believe what they believe no matter what is put in front of them. I believe that Liverpool is as much a part of Lancashire as Edinburgh is :)

Back to top Go down

Post by T4two 24.10.12 2:06

Thank you Tony Bennett for taking the time to address my comments. I admire your stand and wish you well.
T4two
T4two

Activity : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 24.10.12 4:00

I am encouraged by Judge Tugendhat's words.
Surely the Judge's proposal of the libel trial is to determine the validity of the Plaintiff's case.
Think about it, in that sense there cannot be a judgement against TB, otherwise the libel trial suggestion will be a self defeating purpose.
So, yes I am confident the verdict will be inTB favour, and the mccanns case against him will be stayed until after the libel trial, then judgement. At that time, Team mccann will have to argue that the Police theory is wrong and be able to prove that the Police no longer hold that theory......

Tony Bennett, I admire your courage and stand, and wish you success to regain your freedom of speech.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfly 24.10.12 8:14

Good Luck Tony

dragonfly
dragonfly

Activity : 367

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 24.10.12 10:12

aiyoyo wrote:I am encouraged by Judge Tugendhat's words.
Surely the Judge's proposal of the libel trial is to determine the validity of the Plaintiff's case.
Think about it, in that sense there cannot be a judgement against TB, otherwise the libel trial suggestion will be a self defeating purpose.
So, yes I am confident the verdict will be inTB favour, and the mccanns case against him will be stayed until after the libel trial, then judgement. At that time, Team mccann will have to argue that the Police theory is wrong and be able to prove that the Police no longer hold that theory......

Tony Bennett, I admire your courage and stand, and wish you success to regain your freedom of speech.

Great post aiyoyo, may I echo your feelings. McCanns v Bennett: JUDGMENT today (24 October) VIDEO added 'Good Luck Tony!' - Page 2 3711883763

Thinking of you Tony , and praying that the verdict will go in your favour McCanns v Bennett: JUDGMENT today (24 October) VIDEO added 'Good Luck Tony!' - Page 2 260239

I too feel confident that it will! McCanns v Bennett: JUDGMENT today (24 October) VIDEO added 'Good Luck Tony!' - Page 2 725573
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Post by Willo 24.10.12 10:21

I'm sure in the real world the McCann's would fail in court (again) and the ruling would go in favour of Tony. To me it seems a no brainer for the judge.

But

One problem I can see is corruption. In the past, seems a while back now, I would never have questioned British courts/judges being anything other than fair and all above board. But this trust has been eroded away over the years and in this present climate of whitewashes, blind eyes and cover ups I do have a fear of Tony getting shafted by corrupt officials.

Even so, being positive, I'm more hopeful of favourable call in favour of Tony which might go a small way in restoring a small modicom of my faith in the British legal system.

Thoughts are with you Tony.
Willo
Willo

Activity : 157

Back to top Go down

Post by Springers are FAB 24.10.12 10:28

Good luck Tony from Leicestershire. Not all of us here accept the official McCann line. There is so obviously something wrong with their version of events when you look into the official police files. I do not see how questioning this and trying to find out the truth can be wrong.

Will be thinking about you this morning.

"Go, go, go, said the bird: human kind
Cannot bear very much reality."
(T.S. Eliot, Burnt Norton)
Springers are FAB
Springers are FAB

Activity : 66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24.10.12 11:24

Thank you HdH for this video

[youtube][/youtube]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 24.10.12 11:40

A timely, and very touching video, HiDeHo McCanns v Bennett: JUDGMENT today (24 October) VIDEO added 'Good Luck Tony!' - Page 2 725573

I would like to thank you for your tireless efforts and devotion to getting the truth out there. You continue to make an enormous contribution and difference. Thank you dear friend! McCanns v Bennett: JUDGMENT today (24 October) VIDEO added 'Good Luck Tony!' - Page 2 636911712
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Post by morse 24.10.12 13:14

I have been trying for what seems like hours to post here but having trouble with computer. Success at last I hope.

Good Luck Tony. I hope this Judge is fair and sees how ludicrous it is to have four Carter Ruckers against one person trying to defend himself and his right to "Free Speech." If there is any justice at all in this country I am sure he will.
morse
morse

Activity : 24

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top