The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

"Any new press regulation MUST SATISFY THE MCCANNS" - Financial Times - Page 2 Mm11

"Any new press regulation MUST SATISFY THE MCCANNS" - Financial Times - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

"Any new press regulation MUST SATISFY THE MCCANNS" - Financial Times - Page 2 Mm11

"Any new press regulation MUST SATISFY THE MCCANNS" - Financial Times - Page 2 Regist10

"Any new press regulation MUST SATISFY THE MCCANNS" - Financial Times

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Any new press regulation MUST SATISFY THE MCCANNS" - Financial Times - Page 2 Empty Re: "Any new press regulation MUST SATISFY THE MCCANNS" - Financial Times

Post by Guest 27.06.12 13:15

Time to re-visit this video - Meyer says he personally met with GM, He also says the PCC were there all the time, ..48 hours after Madeleine disapeared we said to the parents "we are here to help - and we didn't stop it cos they didn't want us to (words to that effect) Look from 3.30 into video...........

[youtube][/youtube]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

"Any new press regulation MUST SATISFY THE MCCANNS" - Financial Times - Page 2 Empty Re: "Any new press regulation MUST SATISFY THE MCCANNS" - Financial Times

Post by bobbin 27.06.12 13:18

tcat wrote:
bobbin wrote:
For me it's a completely blank document, save the title. Is this a scam to get people to open docs and catch a virus "Any new press regulation MUST SATISFY THE MCCANNS" - Financial Times - Page 2 110921
It's Leveson's secret weapon to silence his critics "Any new press regulation MUST SATISFY THE MCCANNS" - Financial Times - Page 2 742129

He clearly doesn't want you to read it! (it's a pdf file, do you have a reader installed?)

hmmmmmmm... born just after the dynasaur age, so I belong to the 'if it isn't written in big letters and doesn't have a black knob that you can turn' culture who can't do computer thingies that I can't do already. Will ask my daughter this evening to show me how. SOOORRY. "Any new press regulation MUST SATISFY THE MCCANNS" - Financial Times - Page 2 173510
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27.06.12 13:24

[quote="candyfloss"]Time to re-visit this video - Meyer says he personally met with GM, He also says the PCC were there all the time, ..48 hours after Madeleine disapeared we said to the parents "we are here to help - and we didn't stop it cos they didn't want us to (words to that effect) Look from 3.30 into video...........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L06ctyL48Ik

[youtube][/youtube]

Here is the transcript.....

SCM: The PCC was there all the time. 48 hours after Madeleine disappeared, we said to the parents - through the British Embassy in Washington - that we were here to help; This is what we can do to help you, if you so wish. We cannot be more Catholic than the Pope, more Royalist than the King.

AN:
But you didn't stop it.

SCM:
We didn't stop it because they did not want us to stop it because at that time, and don't forget this, Andrew, they were very busy - and I would have done the same thing, if I'd been in their position - stimulating publicity to try and find their daughter. I personally met Gerry McCann in the summer to explain to him face to face, eyeball to eyeball, 'Gerry, this is what I can do to help, if you so wish'.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id318.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27.06.12 13:58

Thanks for that candyfloss smilie

The Daily Express editor blamed the PCC for the libel payout they made to the McCanns, and then they quit the PCC.

"I did go along with it," Whittow said of the decision to quit the PCC. "I don't think it was serving our best interests at the time because of the McCanns – that was a big story for us and I felt that they should have interevened. Everyone [newspapers] had too much leeway, there was nobody intervening at all as a result."

They're all playing games, aren't they? Meyer is certainly a player - he was our ambassador in the US at the time of the Iraq invasion. Enough said, I think.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27.06.12 14:10

bobbin wrote:hmmmmmmm... born just after the dynasaur age, so I belong to the 'if it isn't written in big letters and doesn't have a black knob that you can turn' culture who can't do computer thingies that I can't do already. Will ask my daughter this evening to show me how. SOOORRY. "Any new press regulation MUST SATISFY THE MCCANNS" - Financial Times - Page 2 173510
It's never too late to learn new skills. winkwink Go on, you know you want to. Computers are easy (ish) splat
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy 28.06.12 18:24

tcat wrote:There must a queue of journalists and writers in the UK just waiting to see what happens with Mr Amaral's book.

The McCanns slagged off so many people in their book - press, police (including UK police), UK government, their Portuguese lawyer, everyone except their 7 friends in fact - without once thanking all the ordinary people who donated pots of money to them.

It can only be a matter of time before their arrogance trips them up, I'm sure of it "Any new press regulation MUST SATISFY THE MCCANNS" - Financial Times - Page 2 847771

And o good days, I totally agree with you tcat. On a bad day, however it's a different story...lol!

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.
rainbow-fairy
rainbow-fairy

Activity : 2140

Back to top Go down

Post by listener 28.06.12 23:40

rainbow-fairy wrote:
tcat wrote:There must a queue of journalists and writers in the UK just waiting to see what happens with Mr Amaral's book.

The McCanns slagged off so many people in their book - press, police (including UK police), UK government, their Portuguese lawyer, everyone except their 7 friends in fact - without once thanking all the ordinary people who donated pots of money to them.

It can only be a matter of time before their arrogance trips them up, I'm sure of it "Any new press regulation MUST SATISFY THE MCCANNS" - Financial Times - Page 2 847771

And o good days, I totally agree with you tcat. On a bad day, however it's a different story...lol!

From tcats post - "It can only be a matter of time before their arrogance trips them up, I'm sure of it "Any new press regulation MUST SATISFY THE MCCANNS" - Financial Times - Page 2 847771"

I now (very sadly) no longer believe that. I now think their arrogance derives from their absolute belief/assumption of total protection.
listener
listener

Activity : 681

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 29.06.12 0:07

Hi listener,

Swimming with sharks doesn't make one shark-proof. Even a little pod of dolphins can tickle a shark to death on occasion. Life changes, things change, people change, circumstances change. There's nothing guaranteed to keep things under wrap forever. If I were to sum up in one word what TM lacks it is 'humility'. The world is full of arrogance and I would not choose an arrogant stance if my child went missing. I'd choose humility for the simple fact it's the honest way. The McCann's have received every conceivable help and continue to whinge and sue. They have chosen/been advised by people who are arrogant for a living.

eta. It only takes one 'arrogant' person to be crossed and the whole thing will no longer be hidden.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13387

Back to top Go down

Post by listener 29.06.12 0:28

aquila wrote:Hi listener,

Swimming with sharks doesn't make one shark-proof. Even a little pod of dolphins can tickle a shark to death on occasion. Life changes, things change, people change, circumstances change. There's nothing guaranteed to keep things under wrap forever. If I were to sum up in one word what TM lacks it is 'humility'. The world is full of arrogance and I would not choose an arrogant stance if my child went missing. I'd choose humility for the simple fact it's the honest way. The McCann's have received every conceivable help and continue to whinge and sue. They have chosen/been advised by people who are arrogant for a living.

eta. It only takes one 'arrogant' person to be crossed and the whole thing will no longer be hidden.

Hi aquila,

I half understand your eta! but may I address your sentence - "The world is full of arrogance and I would not choose an arrogant stance if my child went missing. I'd choose humility for the simple fact it's the honest way."

One (you) would probably not 'choose' at all - surely your reaction would be automatic!
listener
listener

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 29.06.12 11:12

listener wrote:
rainbow-fairy wrote:

From tcats post - "It can only be a matter of time before their arrogance trips them up, I'm sure of it "Any new press regulation MUST SATISFY THE MCCANNS" - Financial Times - Page 2 847771"

I now (very sadly) no longer believe that. I now think their arrogance derives from their absolute belief/assumption of total protection.

That's probably what Lord Jeffery Archer thought until he was brought down by a former close pal.
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 29.06.12 12:41

ShuBob wrote:
That's probably what Lord Jeffery Archer thought until he was brought down by a former close pal.
And interestingly, given the other thread, his wife stood by him, and even perjured herself on his behalf. So she can be added to the list of Hindley, West, et al.
And she is a doctor !!
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16603

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 29.06.12 16:32

PeterMac wrote:
ShuBob wrote:
And interestingly, given the other thread, his wife stood by him, and even perjured herself on his behalf. So she can be added to the list of Hindley, West, et al.
And she is a doctor !!

Perhaps not surprisingly, she was recently honoured (made a Dame) in the Queen's birthday list for her "services to healthcare".
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 29.06.12 17:13

Although I can't stand Jeffrey Archer, nor his awful books, I think his would have been a valid case for the Leveson.
It's entirely his business if he hires a prostitute, but as I recall, it was a set-up with one of the tabloids and the woman herself - who was depicted as a victim trying to make enough money to keep herself and her son. As we all know, that really doesn't wash - I expect she was on various benefits at the time and hey - cleaning jobs aren't hard to come by and pay pretty well.

Archer was just stupid denying it with the help of fake evidence from his friends. In effect committing perjury. Like the mr. Toad he is, he hasn't suffered much from the publicity.

It's high time the prurient, hypocritical press shut up about the sexual shenanigans of celebrities and politicians, uninteresting and irrelevant. I do find it revelant if they commit fraud - that is our business.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 29.06.12 19:35

Perjury is a serious offense. There's hardly any mitigation for it.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 29.06.12 20:04

ShuBob wrote:Perjury is a serious offense. There's hardly any mitigation for it.

That's exactly what I mean, he should have told them to publish and be damned - committing perjury was plain stupid and of course totally illegal.

Back to top Go down

Post by listener 30.06.12 1:23

ShuBob wrote:

That's probably what Lord Jeffery Archer thought until he was brought down by a former close pal.[/quote]

Brought down? Well he did some easy, protected months and now has returned to his multi-million pound lifestyle! - Easy!

The McCanns wont even need to do the time to join the same club - So protected - They must know too much"Any new press regulation MUST SATISFY THE MCCANNS" - Financial Times - Page 2 173510

(It's obvious! - the protection started too early!)
listener
listener

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 30.06.12 9:46

tigger wrote:[...] - committing perjury was plain stupid and of course totally illegal.
But he was in the habit of doing so.His CV is full of lies.
It said he was at "Oxford".
In fact he went to a small Teacher training college in Oxford, having gained 3 'O' levels.
And so on. Private Eye has the full list. As does the web.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16603

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30.06.12 10:00

I gather that Jeffrey's father was a con artist so he went into the family business too. I always think of people like him, Jonathan Aitken and assorted expenses fiddlers as very small fry brought to book for comparatively minor offences while the much bigger fish get away scot free.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 30.06.12 11:11

PeterMac wrote:
tigger wrote:[...] - committing perjury was plain stupid and of course totally illegal.
But he was in the habit of doing so.His CV is full of lies.
It said he was at "Oxford".
In fact he went to a small Teacher training college in Oxford, having gained 3 'O' levels.
And so on. Private Eye has the full list. As does the web.

Yes, it's quite hilarious. He also said that he won several races and was champion over some or other distance. He's the original mr. Toad. I once read an article by Alan Coren when JA took him to see the West Indies at Lords. Coren didn't get to see any cricket at all because Jeffrey was dragging him around to be introduced to various 'important' people he absolutely had to meet.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 30.06.12 14:33

listener wrote:
ShuBob wrote:

Brought down? Well he did some easy, protected months and now has returned to his multi-million pound lifestyle! - Easy!

The McCanns wont even need to do the time to join the same club - So protected - They must know too much"Any new press regulation MUST SATISFY THE MCCANNS" - Financial Times - Page 2 173510

(It's obvious! - the protection started too early!)

It may have been easy but he still did prison time.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top