The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

'I don't recall' - David Cameron and his foggy memory at the Leveson Inquiry - Page 2 Mm11

'I don't recall' - David Cameron and his foggy memory at the Leveson Inquiry - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

'I don't recall' - David Cameron and his foggy memory at the Leveson Inquiry - Page 2 Mm11

'I don't recall' - David Cameron and his foggy memory at the Leveson Inquiry - Page 2 Regist10

'I don't recall' - David Cameron and his foggy memory at the Leveson Inquiry

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

'I don't recall' - David Cameron and his foggy memory at the Leveson Inquiry - Page 2 Empty Re: 'I don't recall' - David Cameron and his foggy memory at the Leveson Inquiry

Post by T4two 15.06.12 13:28

tigger wrote:
T4two wrote:I think the critical question in all this is why RB and NI are so supportive of the McCanns. Have RB and NI 'persuaded' successive prime ministers and people in high places to support the McCanns or is it actually the other way around with RB and NI support being given for favours rendered?

Works both ways imo. Maddie can bury bad news any time it's needed (sighting, revelation, psychic ramblings) but the Sun has a readership of over 3 million, 3 million copies a day with page 3 and a shock horror story usually on page one. Titillation for the masses in more ways than one... 'I don't recall' - David Cameron and his foggy memory at the Leveson Inquiry - Page 2 302873

Murdoch is losing big money on the other papers I think, certainly on the Times and from the start, this was The Sun's baby. McCanns got very matey with Nick somebody right from the start.

Difficult to believe that RB and NI would go to the lengths that they have gone to support the McCanns simply because it is good for the sales figures of one of their publications. You may well be right about the two-way thing of course but I must say that I find the concept of doing certain people a favour in order to clinch a billion pound deal has more going for it. Makes me wonder what motivation those certain people might have.
T4two
T4two

Activity : 171

Back to top Go down

'I don't recall' - David Cameron and his foggy memory at the Leveson Inquiry - Page 2 Empty Re: 'I don't recall' - David Cameron and his foggy memory at the Leveson Inquiry

Post by jimuck 16.06.12 11:27

Didn't RB and The Sun have a high profile campaign to protect children and expose paedophiles.

What really does connect Murdoch/Brooks/News International and the MaCanns ?

Blackmail has always been Murdochs baby.

There really are some very frightened individuals out there at the moment The Leveson Inquiry has shown us this.

The Gaspar statement is not goig to go away.
jimuck

Activity : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by One 17.06.12 10:15

It seems to me that the Media Machine will do whatever it can to sell newspapers.

Diana was a commodity that sold them in massive numbers. Before she died she was being slated in the press for her fling with Dodi. And when she died she was transformed into a martyr as the press again milked the decent side of human nature, we sympathise with tragedy regardless of the situation, we're suckers for a sob story. Mother Teresa's death paled into insignificance, these moments last a lifetime in our memories, the crowds, the outpouring of grief, the headlines, the injustice.

I've always felt that the press have merely been hedging their bets and the Madeleine story evokes almost the same response as Diana. There's something in it for everyone and they learned that being anti McCann is expensive. It's a win win situation because whatever the situation there's a good angle. Feeding us sob story suckers makes money and it's good business to ensure the politicians are all in line. But I can see another headline coming up: "WE WERE DUPED" and the spotlight will pass from the McCann couple back to Madeleine and the same sense of outrage and grief. Only this time the supportive politicians who are making them money will be shopped to sell the opposite story.

It's simply the era of Spin and the Press's only loyalty is to the £. And we don't know what's going on behind the scenes regarding the investigation or the key players point of view. We only know what the press chooses to spin about it.
One
One

Activity : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline 17.06.12 10:32

One wrote:It seems to me that the Media Machine will do whatever it can to sell newspapers.

Diana was a commodity that sold them in massive numbers. Before she died she was being slated in the press for her fling with Dodi. And when she died she was transformed into a martyr as the press again milked the decent side of human nature, we sympathise with tragedy regardless of the situation, we're suckers for a sob story. Mother Teresa's death paled into insignificance, these moments last a lifetime in our memories, the crowds, the outpouring of grief, the headlines, the injustice.

I've always felt that the press have merely been hedging their bets and the Madeleine story evokes almost the same response as Diana. There's something in it for everyone and they learned that being anti McCann is expensive. It's a win win situation because whatever the situation there's a good angle. Feeding us sob story suckers makes money and it's good business to ensure the politicians are all in line. But I can see another headline coming up: "WE WERE DUPED" and the spotlight will pass from the McCann couple back to Madeleine and the same sense of outrage and grief. Only this time the supportive politicians who are making them money will be shopped to sell the opposite story.

It's simply the era of Spin and the Press's only loyalty is to the £. And we don't know what's going on behind the scenes regarding the investigation or the key players point of view. We only know what the press chooses to spin about it.

A very good post summing up brilliantly.

I cannot believe that all the media swallows the McCann version but because of their addiction to libel suits, it makes sense for the media to sit tight and publish the kind of sob stuff about Maddie that sells.
But I suspect they have stuff ready to go when (hopefully) the truth emerges - like papers have pre -prepared obituaries of famous people who are not so young! Not that I'm saying Antonia whatsername has a pre written piece claiming she always they they were guilty but wrote the stuff she did to lull them into a sense of false security so they would make a mistake! but perhaps some journalists might be keeping notes ready to go. We were duped would be a great headline and lets hope we see it. Last Friday an Irish paper The Irish Independent published a piece about the Camerons leaving their 8 year old in the pub and mentioned the McCann case - interestingly it said she was apparently abducted and never seen since. 'Apparently' - now that is progress. Will C-R sue? And next time they mention Maddie will they say her disappearance is a mystery?
pauline
pauline

Activity : 557

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top