The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Twitter/Breaking News updates - Page 11 Mm11

Twitter/Breaking News updates - Page 11 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Twitter/Breaking News updates - Page 11 Mm11

Twitter/Breaking News updates - Page 11 Regist10

Twitter/Breaking News updates

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Twitter/Breaking News updates - Page 11 Empty Re: Twitter/Breaking News updates

Post by Guest 14.06.12 21:14

candyfloss wrote:Rebekah Brooks sent David Cameron text message promising 'we're in this together'

Rebekah Brooks sent a personal text message to David Cameron claiming they were "in this together" and suggesting a "country supper" on the eve of a crucial Conservative Party speech.

Twitter/Breaking News updates - Page 11 Cameron-leveson_2247986b

(Clockwise from top left) James Murdoch, Prime Minister David Cameron, Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson

By Rowena Mason, Political Correspondent

12:54PM BST 14 Jun 2012

Mrs Brooks, the former boss of Rupert Murdoch's newspaper group, told the Prime Minister she was "rooting" for him in both a personal and professional sense ahead of his party conference speech in autumn 2009.

She also echoed the campaign slogan of US President Barack Obama by telling him "yes, he Cam!".

Mr Cameron has come under pressure over his links with Mrs Brooks, an ex-editor of the News of the World, since it emerged phone-hacking was widespread at the newspaper. She is due to stand trial on charges of perjury related to the police investigation into the scandal.

The text message disclosed to the Leveson Inquiry will be seen as further evidence Mr Cameron had a very close relationship with Mrs Brooks.

The message also conveys Mrs Brooks' disappointment that the Prime Minister did not turn up to a party organised by The Times newspaper.

She suggests a "country supper" to talk about the issue, as their families live near to each other in Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/leveson-inquiry/9331523/Rebekah-Brooks-sent-David-Cameron-text-message-promising-were-in-this-together.html

Now, why does all this country supper talk remind me of that other paragon of British virtue: Hyacinth Bouquet a.k.a. mrs Bucket, and her famous candlelight suppers? A fair view of a classless society. As in: without any class.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 14.06.12 22:57

Portia, it reminds me of 'come into my parlour said the spider to the fly'
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13382

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17.06.12 11:02

Leveson's 'threat to quit' over meddling Education Secretary's claims the inquiry is having a 'chilling' effect on free speech

• Extraordinary ultimatum from the man leading probe into media standards
  • Education Secretary Michael Gove's speech to journalists warned of the dangers to our freedom of speech
  • Lord Justice Leveson phoned Cabinet Secretary and demanded that Gove should be gagged
  • Threatened to resign unless Cabinet Ministers were stopped from passing comments on his inquiry

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2160389/Levesons-threat-quit-meddling-Education-Secretarys-claims-inquiry-having-chilling-effect-free-speech.html#ixzz1y2kojnon
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 17.06.12 12:05

candyfloss wrote:Leveson's 'threat to quit' over meddling Education Secretary's claims the inquiry is having a 'chilling' effect on free speech

• Extraordinary ultimatum from the man leading probe into media standards
  • Education Secretary Michael Gove's speech to journalists warned of the dangers to our freedom of speech
  • Lord Justice Leveson phoned Cabinet Secretary and demanded that Gove should be gagged
  • Threatened to resign unless Cabinet Ministers were stopped from passing comments on his inquiry

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2160389/Levesons-threat-quit-meddling-Education-Secretarys-claims-inquiry-having-chilling-effect-free-speech.html#ixzz1y2kojnon

Is this part of the job description? Gag the press and the government? Just listen to the poor benighted 'victims' such as Hugh Grant and the McCanns who never courted publicity in their lives? thinking

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot 17.06.12 13:13

So it would appear that Leveson wants press & others to be gagged then at least regarding his inquiry. I hope I am wrong though

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 17.06.12 14:41

Gillyspot wrote:So it would appear that Leveson wants press & others to be gagged then at least regarding his inquiry. I hope I am wrong though

I hope so too. I will feel absolutely deceived if the Leveson Inquirey should turn out to be a whitewash.

So far, I have seen Lord Justice Leveson and Mr. Jay Q.C. to be completely un-erring.

Amongst the witnesses, there has been one slaying after the other, including arrests of David Cameron's best friends, R. B. and husband Charlie, for perverting the course of justice. Rupert Murdoch has been shown to be the sly old b****r that he is, and his son to be his younger equal.

If it were a whitewash we would not have had the pleasure of seeing the exposure of so much corruption in the police, press, politics, private players etc.

Neither Leveson nor Jay are fooled by the 'can't recall' answers and they are relentless in not being fobbed off by 'un-truthful' responses. They hear the answers which seek to put a gloss on a fault, they can discern the shifting about of the witnesses, and they still put the questions a different way to pin the witnesses down.

When they get nothing but platitudes and memory failure as responses, they then go 'hmm' as if to say, I don't buy it but we will keep this for a later time, perhaps a recall or even an arrest.

I think for the first time we see Leveson saying no more than, wait for the deliberations and the conclusions to be made on this inquiry. Leave it in peace to do its job in an un-contaminated environment.

Gove is to my mind not a human but a dry old stick...There, that's me expressing my freedom of speech which he so readily defends.

However, I think Leveson is just saying, enough of the press' spin, trickery, misrepresentation, fixing views and outcomes according to their own agenda. He is defending his territory and saying wait for the results.

I hope I am not wrong, but believe that the 'casualties' already put out for the crows can truly mean that the Leveson Inquiry is independent, will not bend to corrupting influences, and wishes to remain a pure cleansing act.
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 18.06.12 4:18

Michael Gove is a big part of the Chipping Norton Set...No more needs to be said
jd
jd

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.07.12 10:28

4 July 2012 Last updated at 10:05
Phone hacking: Glenn Mulcaire loses disclosure battle
Twitter/Breaking News updates - Page 11 _51606573_fa1d16c0-9c6c-4f82-b0b8-ab66ddd94f78
Glenn Mulcaire has lost his Supreme Court battle to keep secret the identity of the person who instructed him to hack into mobile phone messages.

Mulcaire, who intercepted messages while working for the News of the World, was jailed in January 2007 for phone hacking.

He admitted unlawfully intercepting voicemail messages received by three royal aides.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18704067

So, who told him to hack the phones??? This should be interesting.Twitter/Breaking News updates - Page 11 1214444319
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.07.12 11:03

Three more arrested...........

10:30am, Wed 4 Jul 2012

Three arrested in hacking investigation

Last updated Wed 4 Jul 2012

Three people, including a prison officer, were arrested today by detectives investigating corrupt payments to public officials by journalists, Scotland Yard said.

The Metropolitan Police said the 46-year-old prison officer was arrested at his south east London home on suspicion of corruption, conspiracy to commit bribery and conspiracy to cause misconduct in a public office.

Officers arrested the 50-year-old woman at a non-residential address in Kent and the 37-year-old man at his home in Morden, Surrey, on suspicion of the same offences

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2012-07-04/three-arrested-in-hacking-investigation/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.07.12 11:16

Just had a meeting with Rt Hon David Davis, a Tory who believes in liberty. Together we'll fight the plan for secret trials in England, now in the Lords but headed our way...

Twitter/Breaking News updates - Page 11 Profile_image?screen_name=georgegalloway&size=normal
A Tweet by @georgegalloway
2012-07-04
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 05.07.12 0:26

"Glenn Mulcaire has lost his Supreme Court battle to keep secret the identity of the person who instructed him to hack into mobile phone messages."

It will be very interesting - if he actually gets the opportunity to divulge this information.

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18.07.12 18:55

Ello,ello,ello what's all this then, can't report on it and can't even say what the charge is? What happened to a free press and freedom of speech then..............Twitter/Breaking News updates - Page 11 592854

Sandra Laville@sandralaville

Case against a senior police officer which we cannot report is postponed from tomorrow until October. And we still cannot report

Sean O'Neill@TimesCrime

Reporting ban on criminal charge against senior @metpoliceuk officer. Can't name officer, can't specify charge @cpsuk #leveson #secretcourts
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.07.12 21:02

Just seen this tweet about lying under oath at Leveson Inquiry.........

Gael ‏@GaeMar01

Hearing that lying under oath at #Leveson will not be perjury as its a quasi judicial inq (Murdoch - #TonyBlair - Hunt - Cameron - #McCann)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie 20.07.12 21:13

Why bother having everyone give evidence under oath as it means absolutely nothing. Wonder if GM was aware of this when they gave their evidence.
Ollie

Activity : 279

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.07.12 21:54

Lying under oath in an inquiry isn't perjury ... ?The mind boggles ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23.07.12 17:19

martinbrunt@skymartinbrunt
#phonehacking Majority of phone hacking suspects expected to be told tomorrow if they are to face charges after many months on bail

#phonehacking Scot Yard finally admit explain arrest of Sun journo is not to do with email hacking, but sus of handling stolen goods
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30.07.12 14:34

Yet another Sun journo arrested today...............

#metpolice News International confirms today's arrest is of a Sun journo who has already been quizzed re alleged bungs to public officials

#metpolice Scot Yard says latest arrest - the eighth in Op Tuleta - is about alleged conspiracy to "gather data from stolen mobile phones."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30.08.12 23:10

Keir Simmons‏@KeirSimmonsITV

After 10 fantastic years I'm leaving @ITVNews to join the US network @NBCNews - I'm honoured to have worked for ITN and to be joining NBC.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic View next topic Back to top