The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Yates has gone Mm11

Yates has gone Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Yates has gone Mm11

Yates has gone Regist10

Yates has gone

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Yates has gone Empty Yates has gone

Post by PeterMac 18.07.11 14:14

Yates has just resigned, minutes before the Committee were going to suspend him.
Next ... !
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16603

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Yates has gone Empty Re: Yates has gone

Post by Guest 18.07.11 14:17

PeterMac wrote:Yates has just resigned, minutes before the Committee were going to suspend him.
Next ... !

I was just typing the same thing PeterMac big grin

someone just pointed out if they resign they keep their pension, but if they are sacked they lose it. Is that right?

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18.07.11 14:24

If that is the case, that is disgusting.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 18.07.11 14:43

Not quite correct. But if you retire and have more than 30 years service the index linking kicks in straight away.
To lose your pension altogether you have to be sentenced to more than 5 years imprisonment.
(Which is of course not out of the question with this enquiry !)
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Yates has gone Empty Police pensions

Post by Tony Bennett 18.07.11 15:20

candyfloss wrote:
PeterMac wrote:Yates has just resigned, minutes before the Committee were going to suspend him.
Next ... !
I was just typing the same thing PeterMac

Someone just pointed out if they resign they keep their pension, but if they are sacked they lose it. Is that right?
I believe I am qualified to answer this as I am currently engaged in helping Les Balkwell who has brought complaints of misconduct/corruption against 23 current or former Essex Police Officers in relation to their actions (or inactions) following the unexplained death of his son Lee.

Only 16 of those could be proceeded with for various technical and procedural reasons. Those 16 serving officers were served with Regulation 9 notices by the IPCC in December 2008 and are currently being investigated for misconduct/corruption.

No fewer than eight of these officers have however been allowed to resign from the force, meaning that the IPCC can only proceed against the remaining eight.

Not only can I confirm that by resigning, an officer secures his pension but also the moment he resigns he is under no obligation whastoever to assist the IPCC with a misconduct/corruption enquiry. They do not have to answer a single question in writing or orally - and can just tell the IPCC to get knotted.

These officers who have resigned can only be investigated for crimes - the same as any other citizen.

ETA I should add however that the likes of Andy Hayman and John Yates can and will of course be summoned before the new judge-led inquiry into 'phone hacking, and they will be in contempt of court if they do not appear. This is precisely why The Madeleine Foundation supports the petition for a similar, judge-led enquiry, with the power to summon witnesses, into all apsects of the disapperance of Madeleine McCann. That way, the McCanns and their 'Tapas 9' friends, and the likes of Brian Kennedy and Kevin Halligen, would all have to come before the judge and give their evidence on oath.

In wholly exceptional circumstances an officer who has resigned could have his pension withdrawn. I believe such cases have to be determined by the relevant Police Authority.

So far as sacked police officers are concerned, I believe it depends on what they're sacked for. I believe that in most cases they ARE allowed to keep their pensions. Again only in exceptional cases are they not allowed to keep their pensions (I am open to correction on this and of course we have PeterMac here).

Of course, in many misconduct/corruption cases, the offending copper will be asked if he wishes to tender his resignation - similar to what has happened today to the arrogant John Yates. That way, police bungling, failure to supervise and ongoing police corruption is neatly swept under the carpet so that neither the public nor the Police Authority know about it.

As has happened in the Lee Balkwell case.
Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 18.07.11 16:09

http://www.mpa.gov.uk/committees/x-pp/2002/021118/04/
3. Under the Police Pension Regulations 1987, police authorities are responsible for considering cases concerning the forfeiture of pension entitlement. The Regulations provide for forfeiture of pensions in two circumstances:
-- rare cases where a specified offence has been committed, namely: "(a) an offence of treason, (b) one or more offences under the Official Secrets Acts 1911 to 1939 for which the grantee [of the pension] has been sentenced on the same occasion to a term of imprisonment of, or to two or more consecutive terms amounting in the aggregate to, at least 10 years", and
-- cases where an offence has been committed in connection with the person's service as a member of the police force which is certified by the Secretary of State to be particularly serious (Home Office circular 56/98 refers – copy attached).

PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top