The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Discrepancy Questions - Page 3 Mm11

Discrepancy Questions - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Discrepancy Questions - Page 3 Mm11

Discrepancy Questions - Page 3 Regist10

Discrepancy Questions

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Discrepancy Questions - Page 3 Empty Re: Discrepancy Questions

Post by Judge Mental 24.11.10 19:27

Rainbow wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:It's surely about time to return to these discrepancies...not least because this is the McCanns and their friends tripping themselves up with their own words.

Though I prefer to call them contradictions.

It's so hard when you're lying, isn't it?

Here's one...

In Dr Gerald McCann’s statement of 4 May (the day after Madeleine was reported missing), he says that: “Yesterday [3 May], after the daily routines, Madeleine and and the twins were put to bed in their respective beds at 7.30pm”. Yet when the police arrived at about 11.00pm, they found two cots in the children’s room in the McCanns’ apartment, not a bed or beds. Moreover, in his Vanity Fair interview in January 2008, Dr Gerald McCann said: “The scene was stark. On one bed the twins lay sleeping. In the next lay [Cuddle Cat], which Madeleine was never without”. Once again, Dr McCann refers to beds, whereas two cots were found in the room that night.

I dont think that is so much a discrepancy but rather a different way of describing,I have used both to describe a cot.

Well, one has to say that one is not at all surprised by this admission of yours, Rainbow. How would you be likely to describe a cupboard with books on top? Would you describe it as a book-case or a book-shelf? Or would you just describe it as a cupboard, sideboard or armoire?

More importantly, how do you think a big grown up man with children of his own and a doctor of medicine to boot, would be able to describe it? If you saw two windows, would you say there was only one window? If there were two windows, would you say there was only one?

It is a jolly good job that McCann and his wife could count, or else they may not have realised that one of their children was missing at all.
Judge Mental
Judge Mental

Activity : 2960

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Eyes 24.11.10 19:36

I think rainbow was describing the difference between bed and cot.

I would also describe a cot as a bed.
Irish Eyes
Irish Eyes

Activity : 134

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Mental 24.11.10 20:03

Irish Eyes wrote:I think rainbow was describing the difference between bed and cot.

I would also describe a cot as a bed.

Discrepancy Questions - Page 3 234726

This leads me to ask both you and Rainbow, how you would then go on to describe a bed in order to differentiate the cots from the beds? Should one perhaps take it for granted that upon you and Rainbow being rigorously questioned by the police, (police who at that time had learned from the parents that their three year old child had definitely been abducted) that you would not wish to split hairs with them and would call all the sleeping furniture cots?

If you genuinely wanted to find this child without delay, and wished to help the police as much as you possibly could, would you perhaps describe the beds as slumber-pads, divans or perhaps as mattresses on legs? Simply in order to give the police a far better idea of what you are talking about, and what you truly believe yourselves to have seen?

This talk of cots is making one rather hungry, so one will away for a manger for a few moments.

One can feel another Christmas carol coming on.

Oh little town of Praia da Luz.
How still we see them lie
Judge Mental
Judge Mental

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24.11.10 20:14

Isnt a cot a cot, and a bed a bed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Mental 24.11.10 20:23

Cherry wrote:Isnt a cot a cot, and a bed a bed.

People who grew up next door to Elvis Presley may have called a bed a cot. Some YHA places still refer to beds as cots. However, a big strapping chappie from Britain would not call a bed a cot. Although we will have to sit and wait for Rainbow coming back to tell us otherwise. One can always rely on Rainbow to find answers where others seem unable to do so.
Judge Mental
Judge Mental

Back to top Go down

Post by ufercoffy 24.11.10 20:25

Judge Mental wrote:One can always rely on Rainbow to find answers where others seem unable to do so.

I 'vaguely' recall someone else being able to do that Discrepancy Questions - Page 3 82678

Activity : 2101

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24.11.10 20:28

People who grew up next door to Elvis Presley may have called a bed a cot. Some YHA places still refer to beds as cots. However, a big strapping chappie from Britain would not call a bed a cot.

Thats something I have learnt today Discrepancy Questions - Page 3 82678 but would agree would find it hard to see how someone from Britain would refer to it in that way personally.

There's nowt as queer as folk Discrepancy Questions - Page 3 82678
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ufercoffy 24.11.10 20:32

Just being awkward but if you put a baby to bed in a cot don't you say you've put the baby to bed rather than put the baby to cot? Discrepancy Questions - Page 3 110921

Activity : 2101

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24.11.10 20:35

I guess you would but doesnt that mean that you are describing the act of putting the baby to bed rather than describing what exactly you are putting the baby in? Discrepancy Questions - Page 3 234726
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by YNG 24.11.10 20:42

"On one bed the twins lay sleeping " .... can that be misenterpereted ?
YNG

Activity : 416

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24.11.10 20:46

that imo clearly refers to a bed - it says ON - if the twins were in a cot it would say IN a cot (or IN a bed for people who refer to cots as beds)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow 24.11.10 20:48

ufercoffy wrote:
Judge Mental wrote:One can always rely on Rainbow to find answers where others seem unable to do so.

I 'vaguely' recall someone else being able to do that Discrepancy Questions - Page 3 82678

Oh Lord,not another one thinking I am someone else Discrepancy Questions - Page 3 742129
Rainbow
Rainbow

Activity : 476

Back to top Go down

Post by YNG 24.11.10 20:50

Cherry wrote:that imo clearly refers to a bed - it says ON - if the twins were in a cot it would say IN a cot (or IN a bed for people who refer to cots as beds)

And he does say on ' one ' bed , inferring that they were together .
YNG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24.11.10 20:52

On one bed - that to me means the two of them were on one bed together Discrepancy Questions - Page 3 160807

(not IN a cot)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by YNG 24.11.10 21:07

Another little discrepancy :

]KM – Statement 6. 9 .07 She was under the covers, she thinks because she was a bit cold. She normally clutched the soft toy and if she wasn't holding it then it was next to her, on the left. She remained lying down on her left side, with the soft toy and a pink blanket, to cover her ‘

]GM – Statement 10.5.07 ‘Also relevant to the bed where his daughter slept is how it was found on the night of the disappearance. States that his daughter slept without the covers, as was normal, due to the heat, with the bed sheets folded towards the foot of the bed.’

G M Arguido questioning 7. 9. 07 ] When asked at what time he went to check on the children the night Madeleine disappeared, he recalls that this was around 21:04 according to his watch.- Moreover, he says that with respect to Madeleine she was in the same position where he had left her at the beginning of the night. Madeleine was lying down
on her left side, completely uncovered, i.e. lying on top of the covers with the soft toy and blanket, both pink, next to her head ‘
[/b]
[/size]

YNG

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top