The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Haunted Kate McCann’s 50th birthday tinged with sadness as Scotland Yard probe draws to a close Mm11

Haunted Kate McCann’s 50th birthday tinged with sadness as Scotland Yard probe draws to a close Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Haunted Kate McCann’s 50th birthday tinged with sadness as Scotland Yard probe draws to a close Mm11

Haunted Kate McCann’s 50th birthday tinged with sadness as Scotland Yard probe draws to a close Regist10

Haunted Kate McCann’s 50th birthday tinged with sadness as Scotland Yard probe draws to a close

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Haunted Kate McCann’s 50th birthday tinged with sadness as Scotland Yard probe draws to a close Empty Haunted Kate McCann’s 50th birthday tinged with sadness as Scotland Yard probe draws to a close

Post by Jill Havern 04.03.18 16:15

'MY BABY'S NOT WITH ME' Haunted Kate McCann’s 50th birthday tinged with sadness as Scotland Yard probe draws to a close – but Madeleine’s family insist they will never give up the search

By Tracey Kandohla

A pal said: 'Kate’s big birthday is another tough date for her.'

KATE McCann celebrates her milestone 50th birthday tomorrow and hopes police will continue the search into daughter Madeleine’s disappearance.

Close friends and family will help her mark the special occasion which will be tinged with sadness as the haunted mum is still no closer to knowing what happened to Maddie after nearly 11 years.

A pal said: “Kate’s big birthday is another tough date for her. While celebrations go on there is a always a reminder that Madeleine, who would now be a teenager, almost 15 years old, is still missing.

“Kate’s only birthday wish is to find out what happened to her eldest child and she hopes and prays that police will be granted extra funds to carry on their important work to help find her.”

In a past interview with The Sun she said: “We just want to know if she is alive or dead. The worst thing is not knowing.”

Met Police assigned to Operation Grange have less than four weeks left of guaranteed funding.

They applied to the Home Office mid last month for more money to “pursue one significant final line of inquiry” but as yet no decision has been made.

One of Kate's pals said: “They’re trying to keep her buoyed up and helping her celebrate a significant birthday. It’s a few months of milestones - the twins became teenagers last month, Kate’s turning 50 and Gerry’s 50th birthday is in June.

“While the family’s determined to have fun and enjoy as normal a life as possible, these occasions are marred with a tinge of sadness because Madeleine is not here to join in the celebrations.”

Kate and heart doctor Gerry, 49, of Rothley, Leics, celebrated twins Sean and Amelie turning 13 on February 1 with prayers
too for Maddie “wherever she is.”

Next Sunday Kate will face her 11th Mother’s Day without Maddie -  a day she has previously described as painful and “a constant reminder that one of my babies isn’t with me.”

The brave parents cling onto a glimmer of hope that Maddie, who was snatched as a three-year-old, could still be alive.

They believe she was taken by a child trafficker, sex predator or during a bungled burglary at her family’s holiday flat in the Algarve resort of Praia da Luz in May 2007.

Family spokesman Clarence Mitchell said: “Kate and Gerry are extremely grateful to police for all they have done and are doing in the continued search for Madeleine .

“They are very encouraged that there remains work to be done that requires a request for an extra budget and they remain thankful to the Home Office for considering it.”

The current funding of £154,000 runs out at the end of this month. It is understood cops are seeking an extra £150,000. The inquiry has already cost the taxpayer £11.2million.

A Home Office spokesperson said: “The Metropolitan Police has made a further application for funding, which is currently being considered. A decision has not yet been made.”

A SY spokesperson said: “The inquiry has not reached a conclusion and we’re hoping to continue with focus and determination.”

The McCanns have nearly £3/4million saved in a fund to help find their daughter -  giving them a lifeline if the police hunt is axed next month.

A wise man once said: "Be careful who you let on your ship, because some people will sink the whole ship just because they can't be The Captain."
Jill Havern
Jill Havern
The Captain (& Chief Faffer)

Activity : 42036

Back to top Go down

Haunted Kate McCann’s 50th birthday tinged with sadness as Scotland Yard probe draws to a close Empty Re: Haunted Kate McCann’s 50th birthday tinged with sadness as Scotland Yard probe draws to a close

Post by plebgate 04.03.18 16:30

To avoid celebrations being tinged with sadness do not bother to celebrate. 

Nearly 11 years on there is no way I would want to celebrate any "significant" birthday if  a child of mine was still missing.

From the article by our luvly Tracy  - "they believe she (Maddie) was taken by a child trafficker, sex predator or a burgler ....."

NO WAY would I be celebrating (with a tinge of sadness) any "significant" birthday - absolutely NO WAY.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Haunted Kate McCann’s 50th birthday tinged with sadness as Scotland Yard probe draws to a close Empty Re: Haunted Kate McCann’s 50th birthday tinged with sadness as Scotland Yard probe draws to a close

Post by Jill Havern 04.03.18 16:46

"Haunted"
Not helpful Tracey   bignono

Where's Olive Oyl when you need her?

Plus, no need for Kate to spend the £3/4million that's been siphoned off into another fund because as GA used to say "All it costs is the stamp on the letter to the Portuguese Prosecutor..." and they'll carry on with their investigation.

Then the £3/4million can be used to pay Dr Amaral what he's owed and they'd probably even have some change left over.

Sorted.

A wise man once said: "Be careful who you let on your ship, because some people will sink the whole ship just because they can't be The Captain."
Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 04.03.18 16:52

Well said Getem.   Maybe the change can be given back to the taxpayer?

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladyinred 04.03.18 16:54

FFS Kandohla, do you really believe this rubbish?  
Madeleine is not a baby.  She would be a young woman if she was still here.  Show some respect.

Kandohla - another player on the stage.

Jill - which rag published this?

ETA just checked.  It's the Scum, sorry, Sun, and an Exclusive!
Ladyinred
Ladyinred

Activity : 1479

Back to top Go down

Haunted Kate McCann’s 50th birthday tinged with sadness as Scotland Yard probe draws to a close Empty Kate,haunted?

Post by willowthewisp 04.03.18 18:35

Ladyinred wrote:
FFS Kandohla, do you really believe this rubbish?  
Madeleine is not a baby.  She would be a young woman if she was still here.  Show some respect.

Kandohla - another player on the stage.

Jill - which rag published this?

ETA just checked.  It's the Scum, sorry, Sun, and an Exclusive!
Hi Ladyinred,I don't wish to be disrespectful,but Rupert Murdoch has had his hand in the Madeleine McCann's disappearance since first reported to his organisation, via Sky News Corporation?
The same company that caused harassment and distress to Mrs Brenda Leyland,Martin Brunt,"well her Identity isn't a secret anymore" was it Martin, especially, after the"Three Stooges"complicit in the dossier handing to Sir Bernard Hogan Howe,please people,"Do Not Forget these Facts" of the involvement of powerful people,orchestrated by whome and for what purpose?
willowthewisp
willowthewisp

Activity : 4912

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 04.03.18 19:52

"The McCanns have nearly £3/4million saved in a fund to help find their daughter -  giving them a lifeline if the police hunt is axed next month".

Is this a feeble attempt to explain the money that has been tied up in an investment which we have questioned?

Wouldn't this money have been better spent searching for Madeleine, sooner rather than later, despite the efforts of Operation Grange?

And as a member pointed out on Facebook, "Strange that Kate’s 50th Birthday is tinged with sadness when on their missing daughter Madeleine’s 4th Birthday, just days after she went missing, they were filmed looking joyful, leaving the Church."
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11207

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by sandancer 04.03.18 20:21

So we have a child trafficker , a sex predator or a bungled burglary , which one is the " one significant line of enquiry " going to follow I wonder ? 

Keeping options open eh ? 

What exactly is Kate " haunted " by ? 

Is it her " dream " of Madeleine lying on a slab ? Or the description she gives in the bewk about her " perfect little genitals " ? 

Or is it something else ? The " other circumstances " she told us she knew about ? 

Is anyone really interested in the fact that Kate is 50 ? Just another way of keeping them in the news , tell us instead Tracey if they've paid Portugal yet , that carpet they keep sweeping stuff under must be wearing thin by now !

Activity : 2377

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 04.03.18 20:33

'MY BABY'S NOT WITH ME' Haunted Kate McCann’s 50th birthday tinged with sadness as Scotland Yard probe draws to a close – but Madeleine’s family insist they will never give up the search'

For the umpteenth time Ms McCann - what search?  You didn't search for your precious missing child on the night of 3rd/4th May 2007, I can't believe you're going to start now with or without the help of Operation Grange.  Remind me, what was it - prostrated by grief or too busy behind the scenes. or a bit of both?

I think I know what's haunting Ms McCann ..

Haunted Kate McCann’s 50th birthday tinged with sadness as Scotland Yard probe draws to a close Dogs

Woof!  Woof!

ex moderator
ex moderator

Activity : 41936

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 04.03.18 20:57

Khandola probably just has significant key dates set as reminders in her diary every year... all she has spouted is past "comments" , the "pal" advertising Kate's birthday is probably Tracey herself.....

Gotta give it to the gal, she's a money spinner if nothing else? 

RIP Madeleine

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html
MayMuse

Activity : 3472

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 04.03.18 21:09

MayMuse wrote:Khandola probably just has significant key dates set as reminders in her diary every year... all she has spouted is past "comments" , the "pal" advertising Kate's birthday is probably Tracey herself.....

Gotta give it to the gal, she's a money spinner if nothing else? 

RIP Madeleine

yes

I wonder if Gerry will get a mention for his birthday and Father's Day?

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladyinred 04.03.18 21:18

It's mothers day next Sunday. Tracey can copy and paste today's piece.

Poor Madeleine.
Ladyinred
Ladyinred

Activity : 1479

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D 04.03.18 21:34

We have it yet again!

Haunted Kate McCann’s 50th birthday tinged with sadness as Scotland Yard probe draws to a close 250px-Buoy_seal 

How many people do you know who would ever use it as a word of choice?
Doug D

Activity : 5284

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 04.03.18 22:31

Haunted Kate McCann’s 50th birthday tinged with sadness as Scotland Yard probe draws to a close Bday10

Madeleine's 4th birthday. No sign of 'haunted' for her...

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 04.03.18 23:21

Not noticed this before but what is that newspaper clipping of, in Kate's hand in the second photo above?  Does anyone know ?

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html
MayMuse

Activity : 3472

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 04.03.18 23:25

Get'emGonçalo wrote:"Haunted"
Not helpful Tracey   bignono

Where's Olive Oyl when you need her?

Plus, no need for Kate to spend the £3/4million that's been siphoned off into another fund because as GA used to say "All it costs is the stamp on the letter to the Portuguese Prosecutor..." and they'll carry on with their investigation.

Then the £3/4million can be used to pay Dr Amaral what he's owed and they'd probably even have some change left over.

Sorted.

You don't even need a stamp, stick it in envelope marked for the attention of 'to whom it may concern' - it'll get there.

Haunted Kate McCann’s 50th birthday tinged with sadness as Scotland Yard probe draws to a close Oliveoyltypewriter

You can always rely on good old Trace to come up with a world shattering Sunday exclusive.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 04.03.18 23:35

I love that Olive Oyl....I've even tried to add it as a widget but it's too darn big. big grin

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 04.03.18 23:50

big grin   I've managed to resize it and I've put it in the right hand column ----> !  Mr

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 04.03.18 23:55

thumbsup laugh

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 05.03.18 0:07

167 comments so far on the Daily Mail facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/DailyMail/posts/3387327761326948?hc_location=ufi

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 05.03.18 0:36

Crickey, not looking good is it?

I hope the Home Office and Metropolitan Police have been wised-up to this swell in public opinion. After all, it's their money that's being wasted on the Operation Grange farce.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Willis 05.03.18 8:46

Going to need more than another Bell-Pottinger £500,000 to sway public opinion these days. Not that BP's reputation is doing any better!
Mark Willis
Mark Willis

Activity : 885

Back to top Go down

Post by polyenne 05.03.18 9:16

It really does appear that a significant number of people have jumped into the "cesspit" and their collective voices are becoming louder, more understanding of the true facts and more insistent. far outweighing those who are pro-McCann.

In view of this, the McCanns have wedged themselves between a rock and a hard place.......on the one hand, given the current groundswell of opinion, you might think they'd not want the MSM to persist with reports. On the other hand, having courted the media for so long, they simply cannot now just shut up shop and hope it'll go away.
polyenne

Activity : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Willis 05.03.18 9:21

I want one of their McCandles that burn at both ends.
Yet, we know what ultimately happens to those....
Mark Willis
Mark Willis

Activity : 885

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue-a-Tory 05.03.18 9:29

As someone who hasn’t seen their children for much longer than St Kate, I can comment that it doesn’t take a 50th birthday or indeed any other "special" day to remind you of that pain. Every day is of equal struggle, every day you are haunted in equal measure and certainly never do you need a newspaper article to remind anyone, who knows you, of that pain.
Rogue-a-Tory
Rogue-a-Tory

Activity : 1115

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top