The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Regards,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Forerunner: ‘Other’ Call records Pt.1

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Forerunner: ‘Other’ Call records Pt.1

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 13.02.17 10:33

Posted by Ben Salmon on his blog: https://h42a.wordpress.com/2017/02/12/forerunner-other-call-records-pt-1/

Forerunner: ‘Other’ Call records Pt.1

February 12, 2017 Ben Salmon

Call records less examined, Part 1: GNR
Please note: This blog will inevitably contain names and numbers which are in all likelihood not related to the case. I include all identified numbers for the sake of thoroughness. If you happen to be one of these names and wish your number removed, please feel free to contact me.

This series of posts will serve in part as a reference section. As such, it will be sterile of interpretation as much as possible, though I will add relevant details about names. As usual, I encourage any feedback, corrections or additional information.

For the most part, I have superimposed names of callers on these documents. Unidentified numbers are either left blank or marked ‘???’. In some cases a blank number is identified in the column on the right, for example on the GNR document, which I will begin with.
It is claimed frequently in the media that the McCanns called the GNR immediately, and they ‘took 40 minutes or more to arrive’. This couldn’t be further from the truth, as the following GNR document shows. While the Tapas group claimed to have gone to reception and called the GNR (Gerry, Russell or other depending on which account we read), they were in fact all in 5A arguing loudly until the GNR were called at – yes – 22:41.

GNR call records for night of 03/05/07-early morning 04/05/07
(Image resized by WordPress)
If you are unable to view the image well, please click here for better resolution.
The number ending ‘809’ is the GNR Lagos number, if the number is in the right hand column that means they RECEIVED the call, if it is on the left then they MADE the call.
Source
Calls above ‘Greentrust SA’ are all irrelevant – again, simply identified for the sake of being thorough. Taking these in order, then;
Greentrust SA – This is the Ocean Club. Although there is a separate Greentrust SA building, the number presented is the same as the number presented in the OC call records, hence we can fairly accept that these two calls were made from the Tapas reception as claimed.
Instituto Nacional De Emergencia Medica – A call from the emergency services to the GNR.
Securitas Direct Portugal LDA – Alarm company – this would appear to be automatic dialling when alarms are tripped. There are earlier and later calls from here and it is more than likely likely irrelevant.
Source
Barend Weijdom – A Dutch property manager in Praia da Luz. He was interviewed by the PJ on the 16th of May. His interview appears to make no mention of his 23:01 call to the GNR, indeed he intimates that the GNR arrived ‘around 5 minutes’ after he was made aware of the search. The times he recalled were incorrect (stating events were unfolding at around 2145-2150). He claimed to have searched the beach area. Managed Apartment 5E (same block as McCanns, next door to the O’Brien/Tanner apartment). Unclear what other properties he was responsible for.
Source
Silvia Batista – Head of Maintenance and Services at Ocean Club. Interviewed at least four times, two of which were in May, and two in July. At no point does she mention calling the GNR, indeed she says she was ‘made aware’ of the situation at 2230, and GNR arrived after her. Silvia made interesting comments, such as corroborating the ‘praying Arabs’ pose of the parents, and her shock at them requesting a priest around 3am. Silvia later procured keys for apartments, in anticipation of Martin Grime’s work.
Source
AV Dr Barahona, Evora – GNR building in Evora, calling GNR Portimao.
Source
Wim Bosman – A South African living in Praia da Luz, also having roots in nearby Odiaxere. I have found nothing relevant linking him to the night’s events, however he does appear to own the Dolphin restaurant with his wife. According to Lizelle Marais, Wim was out at a bar with her husband Adriaan when she heard about the events unfolding.
Bruna Goncalves – I have marked this number as likely reassigned, as the person it’s assigned to looks to be in her late teens at most. There is a precedent for reassigned numbers, for instance Robert Murat’s number is now assigned to an unrelated lady in Portugal.
PJ Portimao – As noted. For some reason, the ‘time’ column is incorrect from here and downward, so it is unclear if this call was at 1053 or 10 minutes past any hour after midnight.
PJ Lagos – PJ in Lagos.
Source
In Part Two I will look at the Dolfino callbox, before tackling the lengthy Ocean Club call records.

Get'emGonçalo

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Forerunner: ‘Other’ Call records Pt.1

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 16.02.17 14:02

Forerunner: ‘Other’ Call records Pt.2

February 15, 2017 Ben Salmon

Call records less examined, Part 2: Dolfino Phone Box

The Dolphin/Dolfino phone box entered relevance early in the case, as the owners of the Dolfino restaurant both mentioned an unusual man hanging around the phone box in the days leading up to the events of May 3rd. An efit was drawn up by an unnamed witness, which the couple corroborated (hence, I will refer to it as the ‘Marais efit’). This bore a striking relevance to the efit drawn up by Derek Flack;

Left: Marais efit, Right: Dereck Flack efit

I believe I have identified a strong candidate for this efit (with documented link to Gerry), but for now I will continue providing the call data, and circle back to that in a future post. You can read the Marais couple’s statements here (Adriaan Marais) and here (Lizelle Marais), and the PJ dilligence carried out on the Marais efit here.

Dolfino Restaurant/phone box in bottom left, McCann apartment (5A) and Creche noted for reference/perspective

I’m sure it need not be said, but remember that these are records from a public phone box, as such the majority of names/numbers here probably are irrelevant. But the testimony of the Marais couple dictates that we should perform dilligences on all these numbers, and particularly those which correlate with their given times.
Only outgoing calls are listed in the files, and only one document. Phone boxes have the facility to be dialled, so where we see very short calls, it is possible they were dialled back. If this occurred, we are not afforded the records here (which is not to say that the PJ wouldn’t have that data).

Dolphin Restaurant callbox records

You will note immediately that rather than ‘unknown’, I have marked one number with an asterisk. This is due to the frequency and specific timing (always around 0055 or 1812-25) of the calls to this number, the calls never exceeding 90 seconds. This is a Lisbon number, and unlisted. I have been told that it could possibly be a governmental department number, or a private number, for instance a diplomat. The only embassy with matching initial 6 numbers is the Senegalese embassy – not enough to make a match. However as it’s a Portuguese number, it’s fair to assume that the PJ could, or did track this number down. Thank you to Isabelle McFadden for this information re the likelihood it’s a diplomatic number. Thanks also to Beatriz Belchior for her recent efforts to help me identify this number, which reached the same conclusion.
Moving forward:
Peter Hember – A native of Bromsgrove who frequently visits Praia da Luz. Works for a cement company based in Worcester. Aside from an unidentified Bristol-area number, his is the only other number dialled more than once, and it is maybe of note that the calls he received were ‘between 1600-1800’, which is the time period Adriaan and Lizelle Marais both made reference to seeing the ‘suspicious man’.
Craig and Helen Richards – A couple in Brentwood. Called once just outside the time period given by the Marais couple.
Hugo Sagres – Likely surf tutor Hugo Figueirido.
Source
Samuel Filipe – Former Algarve resident, now lives in the UK with his English fiance
‘Pmdeloureiro’ – Probably Paulo Maia de Loureiro, a Lisbon resident and former purser at TAP Air Portugal. Long call (21 minutes) and falls within the time period given by the Marais couple. Note that this is not a 100% identification.
Ricardo Kiki – A Lagos resident, involved with XRX Bmx group.
Delvira Rosa de Jesus Reis – A resident of Nova Santa Barbara, Brazil.
Amy Tierney (Doncaster) – Amy Tierney’s home number in England. Amy Tierney was the Head of the Baby and Mini clubs at the Ocean Club (Madeleine was in the Mini club). First called at 1711 for just 2 seconds, before two later calls (4 seconds, then 5 mins 54 seconds) which sandwich a call to Amy’s mobile number. It would be fair to intimate that these calls are inter-related.
Amy Tierney – An 11 second call to Amy Tierney’s mobile number. Note this is an English mobile number. As mentioned, this call falls between the 4 second call to Amy’s Doncaster home and the 5 mins 54 seconds call to the same. There is less than a minute’s gap between all three of these numbers being dialled. Amy’s statements make no mention of calls earlier in the evening, and some of the nanny’s statements imply that she later knew which child was missing in short order.
Amy’s interviews

Additional
I felt the Bristol number may be of some relevance given that it was also dialled on the 3rd (as well as the 1st). As I noted above, the number is a Bristol one. I was only able to find one mention of a Bristol resident who worked at the Ocean Club, that being Steve Carruthers, who was informally interviewed according to the files, at the same time people such as Chris Unsworth and Alice Stanley (sailing instructors) were interviewed. He now works as a Physics teacher at a Bristol grammar school.
Source

Next up, I will begin presenting the data from the Ocean Club call records. These are over multiple sheets so please bear with me as I present them, it will take some time to do so.

https://h42a.wordpress.com/2017/02/15/forerunner-other-call-records-pt-2/

Get'emGonçalo

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum