The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Stuart Lubbock's father, Terry, is to demand a second inquest...looks for homicide verdict - Daily Mirror, 23 December 2016 Mm11

Stuart Lubbock's father, Terry, is to demand a second inquest...looks for homicide verdict - Daily Mirror, 23 December 2016 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Stuart Lubbock's father, Terry, is to demand a second inquest...looks for homicide verdict - Daily Mirror, 23 December 2016 Mm11

Stuart Lubbock's father, Terry, is to demand a second inquest...looks for homicide verdict - Daily Mirror, 23 December 2016 Regist10

Stuart Lubbock's father, Terry, is to demand a second inquest...looks for homicide verdict - Daily Mirror, 23 December 2016

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stuart Lubbock's father, Terry, is to demand a second inquest...looks for homicide verdict - Daily Mirror, 23 December 2016 Empty Stuart Lubbock's father, Terry, is to demand a second inquest...looks for homicide verdict - Daily Mirror, 23 December 2016

Post by Tony Bennett 23.12.16 7:53

The campaign for the truth about what really happened to Stuart Lubbock continues...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/dad-man-found-dead-michael-9503871

Dad of man found dead in Michael Barrymore's pool calls for second inquest 

Stuart Lubbock's father, Terry, believes there are now grounds for a second inquest  

102 Shares 

By Tom Pettifor

20:57, 22 DEC 2016

Updated 20:58, 22 DEC 2016

The father of a man found dead at Michael Barrymore’s home has launched an attempt to prove his son was murdered. 

Terry Lubbock, 71, believes there are grounds for a second inquest to be held examining the cause of Stuart’s death after fresh evidence came to light. 

Father-of-two Stuart, 31, of Harlow, Essex, died after a party at Barrymore’s Roydon home in 2001. 

A year later Essex and Thurrock coroner Caroline Beasley-Murray said a five-day inquest had been unable to say for definite what caused his death. 

She said three out of the four pathologists who gave evidence could not say that he had definitely drowned in the pool. 

Stuart also had a significant level of alcohol and drugs in his system and serious injuries that indicated he had been sexually assaulted. 

His fellow partygoers had been unable to explain how the “previously fit” man came to be in the pool, said the coroner. 

She delivered an open verdict which means insufficient evidence was found to record a verdict such as misadventure or accident, but does not rule out future police investigations or court hearings. 

Terry is now being assisted by retired solicitor Anthony Bennett who he worked with ten years ago. 

Under Section 13 of the Coroners Act 1988 a new inquest can be held if new evidence comes to light. 

Mr Bennett said: “The original inquest decision was an open verdict. But there was clear medical evidence that Stuart was asphyxiated and did not drown.” 

Mr Bennett said new information that has emerged since the inquest includes a finding by the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority in 2007 that Stuart was more likely than not to have died from a crime of violence. 

The Independent Police Complaints Authority has also upheld six complaints against Essex Police over failings in their investigation and Barrymore and two other men were arrested on suspicion of murder. 

They were later released without charge and Barrymore is currently suing the force for £2.5million claiming wrongful arrest and imprisonment. 

Mr Bennett added: “Terry has asked me to help him ask for a second inquest.

"I am sure he has grounds. I am confident that a new inquest would rule that Stuart was the victim of homicide.

"I have written to the Coroner, Mrs Beasley-Murray, and she has agreed to supply Terry with the full transcript of the inquest so that I can prepare the case for a second inquest”.

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24767

Back to top Go down

Stuart Lubbock's father, Terry, is to demand a second inquest...looks for homicide verdict - Daily Mirror, 23 December 2016 Empty Re: Stuart Lubbock's father, Terry, is to demand a second inquest...looks for homicide verdict - Daily Mirror, 23 December 2016

Post by Jill Havern 23.12.16 9:22

Well done Tony!

It is quite remarkable that after Terry betrayed you over the book you wrote for him that you are still willing to help him get justice for his murdered son.

Let's hope that you get the same successful outcome for Terry as you did for Les Balkwell.

I don't know why Kate and Gerry McCann don't ask you to help them fight the obvious Government and Police corruption to get justice for Madeleine, instead of suing people; employing criminals, dodgy private detectives, libel lawyers and spindoctors; refusing to take part in a vital crimescene reconstruction or answer Police questions; planting false stories in the newspapers; and parking their corpse-concealing celebrity millionaire bottoms on tv sofas.

i don\'t know

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 40917

Back to top Go down

Stuart Lubbock's father, Terry, is to demand a second inquest...looks for homicide verdict - Daily Mirror, 23 December 2016 Empty Re: Stuart Lubbock's father, Terry, is to demand a second inquest...looks for homicide verdict - Daily Mirror, 23 December 2016

Post by interestedobserver 23.12.16 14:18

Yes, magnaminous of you Tony. I wish you good luck.
I have a feeling Mr Barrymore may get a lot more than what
he is asking for in 2017. For clarity I do not mean money.
interestedobserver

Activity : 67

Back to top Go down

Post by Cmaryholmes 24.12.16 14:59

All the best with this, Mr Bennett. Mr Lubbock deserves justice. It beggars belief that Michael Barrymore thinks he deserves a pay out from the police. I hope that he and his buddies are worried.
Cmaryholmes

Activity : 915

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 17.01.17 17:43

interestedobserver wrote:Yes, magnanimous of you Tony.

I wish you good luck. I have a feeling Mr Barrymore may get a lot more than what he is asking for in 2017. For clarity I do not mean money.
 I guess the words of the Good Book are apposite here:

"Forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive them that trepass against us".

----------------------  

I can now report that the lady Coroner for Essex, Caroline Beasley-Murray, has kindly and swiftly granted Terry's request for a full transcript of the proceedings of the Inquest (September 2002) into the death of Stuart Lubbock back on 1 April 2001:

Stuart Lubbock's father, Terry, is to demand a second inquest...looks for homicide verdict - Daily Mirror, 23 December 2016 Lubboc20

She supplied it free of charge.

I can now start work on the long and perhaps very difficult process of securing a second Inquest for Terry, and then going on to secure the verdict he should have had the first time around: homicide.

The first verdict was an 'Open' verdict i.e. there was no clear cause of death.

I am absolutely clear in my mind that there was - and that there is now more - evidence that Stuart Lubbock was murdered.

However, I have no evidence as to who murdered him. The two most likely suspects were always Jonathan Kenney (Barrymore's drag queen lover at the time) and local man Justin Merritt. It is consistent and likely truthful evidence from several witnesses that the two men were in the jacuzzi (note NOT the freezing cold swimming pool which was still under cover) with Stuart Lubbock at around 3.30am to 4.00am that morning. All three men were being plied with drinks (and probably drugs as well) by Justin Merritt's sister Kylie Merritt. I believe from my researches that Stuart was killed around 4.30am to 4.45am. Essex Ambulance Service was not contacted until Justin Merritt rang them at 5.46am.  

My involvement with Terry Lubbock in 2006 was as a result of Barrymore trying to overreach himself by agreeing to take part in Celebrity Big Brother.

In Terry's opinion, Barrymore has overreached himself again by claiming, nine years after the event, that he was wrongly arrested on suspicion of murder.

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by happychick 17.01.17 19:42

And here's another man who just wants the truth about what happened to his son. What is it with the police that they just want to cover up suspicious deaths?

Good on you Tony for wanting to help Mr Lubbock and Mr Balkwell. I hope you're as successful with Mr Lubbock's case as you was with Mr Balkwell's.

I'm sorry to hear you're not well and I hope the long task you've got ahead of you securing a second inquest doesn't impact further on your health. Look after yourself.

happychick
happychick

Activity : 503

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 18.01.17 7:55

happychick wrote:And here's another man who just wants the truth about what happened to his son. What is it with the police that they just want to cover up suspicious deaths?

Good on you Tony for wanting to help Mr Lubbock and Mr Balkwell. I hope you're as successful with Mr Lubbock's case as you was with Mr Balkwell's.

I'm sorry to hear you're not well and I hope the long task you've got ahead of you securing a second inquest doesn't impact further on your health. Look after yourself.
@ happychick   Thank you very much for your kind comments once again. You always seem to have something positive to say and I guess 'happychick' is accurate?

Just for the record, my illness was no worse than a nasty chest infection, which has more or less cleared up after a 7-day course of Amoxycillin (penicillin)

-------

ETA:  Harlow Star report:

Michael Barrymore's attempt to sue Essex Police for £2.5million has angered Stuart Lubbock's Harlow father.

The Mirror reported this morning that Terry Lubbock has expressed fury about the former Strike It Lucky presenter seeking millions compensation for his arrest in 2007.

Stuart, 31, was found dead in the pool in Barrymore's mansion in Roydon in 2001. The injuries indicated he had been sexually assaulted.

Barrymore was interviewed at the time but was only arrested on suspicion of rape and murder six years later. He was released after spending a day and a half in a cell.

Stuart Lubbock's father, Terry, is to demand a second inquest...looks for homicide verdict - Daily Mirror, 23 December 2016 Lubboc21

The former light entertainment star said the arrest ruined his career and last year announced intentions to sue Essex Police.

Terry, 71, who lives in a care home in Harlow, told a Mirror reporter: "I have never had any money over the death of my son and Barrymore should not be getting anything.

"He has not said what went on that night and therefore it is not right he gets so much money."
Essex Police has not commented on the case.

Read more at http://www.harlowstar.co.uk/terry-lubbock-8217-s-anger-at-michael-barrymore-8217-s-attempt-to-sue-police/story-30003147-detail/story.html#L8BQcB6R4OWlMtUM.99

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top