The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

DCI Redwood on Daybreak: VIDEO Added

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DCI Redwood on Daybreak: VIDEO Added

Post by Tony Bennett on 27.04.12 20:23

Madeleine: DAYBREAK Interview DCI Andy Redwood April 27 2012





As the court case approaches, I'll make no comments, but here for information is the transcript of precisely what Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood said (in blue) in his 3min 30sec interview on Daybreak on Wednesday:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=

Madeleine McCann Case

ANDY REDWOOD INTERVIEWED BY ITV’S DAYBREAK PRESENTERS ON 27 APRIL 2012

Dan Lobb:

Where are we at now with regards to…the dialogue you have with the Portu…Portuguese authorities - and how happy are you with the response you’ve got from, er, the request you have made?

Redwood:

OK, well I am meeting now on a very regular basis - at least once a month - with a Portuguese counterpart in Porto - north-west Portugal – um, she leads a review team of officers who are committed, and dedicated to working with us, collaboratively, um, to establish what has happened to Madeleine McCann.

Dan Lobb:

Will they reopen the case?

Redwood:

Well the situation at the moment is…is…is…is quite simple: we in the UK in terms of our relationship with Portugal, operate two completely different legal systems. And we acknowledge and respect that, and indeed, in terms of how the Portuguese operate is...is…it’s the judicial authority that actually makes the decision around any re-opening.

Dan Lobb:

But you, you still, you still have that hope, do you…

Redwood:

Yes.

Dan Lobb:

…do you, and that’s what you’re pushing for?

Redwood:

Yes, absolutely…100%, the dialogue I have with my colleague in Portugal is very positive, and they do want to reopen in due course.

Kate Garraway:

We’ve heard mention of these 195 ‘investigative opportunities’.

Redwood:

Yes.

[1 minute]

Kate Garraway:

What does that - what does that mean, does that mean - leads? - chances? - of finding Madeleine?

Redwood:

Yes, well our responsibility, we have a unique position, if you like, in terms of where are at present. We are drawing together three key strands, never done before - UK, Portuguese and private investigation material all into one place er in our incident room at Belgravia - and it is through that process that we are identifying investigative opportunities in our careful, systematic trawl through the material - er, so those 195 have come from our review of the history…

Kate Garraway:

So those…that means they are basically…being tied together? – links and…

Redwood:

Yes

Kate Garraway:

Basically tying together - links

Redwood:

Yes. This history of the case, where we’ve obviously started, is one part of the review, and that is where those 195 opportunities come from…across a broad range of issues...but it’s just simply that we’re unable to answer them…

Kate Garraway:

Mmm

Redwood:

…in the United Kingdom, which is where our really important dialogue with the Portuguese police takes place

Dan Lobb:

Do you believe she is still alive?

Redwood:

Yes I do.

Dan Lobb:

Why?

Redwood:

I believe she’s still alive because, at the beginning of this case…it’s a huge privilege for us at the Metropolitan Police to be part of this investigation…er, investigation review. Is that we came with a completely open mind.

[2 minutes]

We were untouched by anything that’s gone before, and, as part of that, two key elements of it is to go: 1 Madeleine is alive and the other is, sadly she’s not...and in relation to her being alive, yes, there is a real possibility that she’s alive

Kate Garraway:

So what are the things that make you think that…because I think you know we’re all clinging to the hope, aren’t we?

Dan Lobb:

Yeah. I mean it’s kind of hard evidence but there is still going to be hope - as long as she’s not found dead

Redwood:

Yes, I mean, you know, we have conducted a forensic analysis of the timeline, and there is clearly opportunity there - for Madeleine McCann to have been removed from that apartment alive - and it is our belief, as experienced investigators - on the evidence, that, um that you know, that that, that is as a criminal act - and that has been, you know, undertaken by by a stranger, and so from that - she’s… and there are other cases around the world, as you know where, many years later, people have been taken and been found alive

Dan Lobb:

Very quickly, let’s take, take another - another look at that picture that you guys have released - the age-progression picture, and in, in what…what help this could possibly do to the investigation?

[3 minutes]

Redwood:

It’s a critically important stage for us, if you look at the image, you will see that it has great resemblance to a school photograph, this is the sort of image that every parent proudly presents – on their, on their dining room um you know, you know, your dining room table This image has been carefully prepared by a United Kingdom forensic specialist in human identification and…and art and - close collaboration with Mr and Mrs McCann who agree that this is a close - close resemblance to their, to their daughter - and my appeal to the public today is clear - look at the image carefully please -

Dan Lobb:

OK

Redwood:

…you if you know where Madeleine McCann is, then please call us - or if you know, or if you have information about what has happened to her, again, please call us

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13975
Reputation : 2147
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Redwood on Daybreak: VIDEO Added

Post by Guest on 27.04.12 20:46

I can't believe this answer to a simple question, well actually he didn't answer properly, he doesn't give a reason................

Do you believe she is still alive?


Redwood:

Yes I do
.

Dan Lobb:

Why?


Redwood:

I believe she’s still alive because, at the beginning of this case…it’s a huge privilege for us at the Metropolitan Police to be part of this investigation…er, investigation review. Is that we came with a completely open mind.



Kate Garraway:

So what are the things that make you think that…because I think you know we’re all clinging to the hope, aren’t we?


Dan Lobb:
Yeah. I mean it’s kind of hard evidence but there is still going to be hope - as long as she’s not found dead


Redwood:

Yes, I mean, you know, we have conducted a forensic analysis of the timeline, and there is clearly opportunity there - for Madeleine McCann to have been removed from that apartment alive - and it is our belief, as experienced investigators - on the evidence, that, um that you know, that that, that is as a criminal act - and that has been, you know, undertaken by by a stranger, and so from that - she’s… and there are other cases around the world, as you know where, many years later, people have been taken and been found alive



The second answer just above sounds like GM.

So she's alive because.............................???? what???

After reading that I give up duh


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Redwood on Daybreak: VIDEO Added

Post by friedtomatoes on 27.04.12 20:52

very sad
sad

mr redwood i feel sorry for you

friedtomatoes

Posts : 591
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-04-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Redwood on Daybreak: VIDEO Added

Post by Guest on 27.04.12 20:55

That is a really bad interview. Really inspires one with confidence. no

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Redwood on Daybreak: VIDEO Added

Post by sami on 27.04.12 21:00

Bloody hell, this reads like one of the Tapas rogatory interviews !

sami

Posts : 962
Reputation : 48
Join date : 2012-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Redwood on Daybreak: VIDEO Added

Post by OpenMind on 27.04.12 21:08

Doesn't sound like a sensible review of the facts to me! sad1

____________________
Keeping an open mind, always!gm

OpenMind

Posts : 66
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-01-28
Location : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Redwood on Daybreak: VIDEO Added

Post by tuom on 27.04.12 21:15

@sami wrote:Bloody hell, this reads like one of the Tapas rogatory interviews !



Ahem eer you know like ahem cough , sigh err ........

tuom

Posts : 530
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-03-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Redwood on Daybreak: VIDEO Added

Post by Guest on 27.04.12 21:18

Is there a video of this anywhere does anyone know. Done a quick google nothing coming up for me.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Redwood on Daybreak: VIDEO Added

Post by jd on 27.04.12 21:30

The 'you knows' are back winkwink


(Why) Do you believe she is still alive?....I believe she’s still alive because, at the beginning of this case…it’s a huge privilege for us at the Metropolitan Police to be part of this investigation…er, investigation review. Is that we came with a completely open mind

What on earth is this answer????

jd

Posts : 4152
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-07-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Redwood on Daybreak: VIDEO Added

Post by Ross on 27.04.12 21:36

(Why) Do you believe she is still alive?....I believe she’s still alive because that's what it says on the autocue.

____________________
"Believe nothing, no matter where you heard it, no matter who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

Buddha

Ross

Posts : 205
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Redwood on Daybreak: VIDEO Added

Post by Guest on 27.04.12 21:37

blimey - never mind forensic analysis of the timeline.... .there should be forensic linguistic analysis of his statements. He's pretty fluent when answering the other questions but starts stumbling around to find a reason for why he considers Madeleine still alive...

if you remove all the tangents he goes off on which do not add anything to the answer to the question, it basically boils down to..

"I believe she's still alive because........there are 2 key elements.... Madeleine is alive .. the other is sadly she's not... in relation to her being alive there is a possibility that she's alive...

To complete that thought then, in relation to her not being alive there is a possibility that she is not alive..


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Redwood on Daybreak: VIDEO Added

Post by Genbug on 27.04.12 21:39

@friedtomatoes wrote:very sad


mr redwood i feel sorry for you

I still can't make up my mind whether he is playing a blinder or is a complete idiot.

Genbug

Posts : 186
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-12-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Redwood on Daybreak: VIDEO Added

Post by uppatoffee on 27.04.12 21:52

@Genbug wrote:
@friedtomatoes wrote:very sad


mr redwood i feel sorry for you

I still can't make up my mind whether he is playing a blinder or is a complete idiot.

Ditto Genbug. If he is struggling to answer a simple question it could be because he is trying to construct an answer that the brain cannot comprehend as it is not the truth. As previously mentioned by other posters it does sound very reminiscent of the McCanns/Payne being interviewed.

uppatoffee

Posts : 626
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Redwood on Daybreak: VIDEO Added

Post by Tony Bennett on 27.04.12 22:03

candyfloss wrote:Is there a video of this anywhere does anyone know. Done a quick google nothing coming up for me.
http://www.itv.com/news/update/2012-04-27/met-police-real-possibility-madeleine-mccann-is-alive/

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13975
Reputation : 2147
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Redwood on Daybreak: VIDEO Added

Post by TheTruthWillOut on 27.04.12 22:14

@Genbug wrote:
@friedtomatoes wrote:very sad


mr redwood i feel sorry for you

I still can't make up my mind whether he is playing a blinder or is a complete idiot.

I keep trying to convince myself of that too.....but does anyone really believe the McCanns will fall for this with their phalanx of expensive lawyers?

TheTruthWillOut

Posts : 733
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2011-09-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Redwood on Daybreak: VIDEO Added

Post by tuom on 27.04.12 22:19

@jd wrote:The 'you knows' are back


(Why) Do you believe she is still alive?....I believe she’s still alive because, at the beginning of this case…it’s a huge privilege for us at the Metropolitan Police to be part of this investigation…er, investigation review. Is that we came with a completely open mind

What on earth is this answer????




tuom

Posts : 530
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-03-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Redwood on Daybreak: VIDEO Added

Post by Guest on 27.04.12 22:21

@Tony Bennett wrote:
candyfloss wrote:Is there a video of this anywhere does anyone know. Done a quick google nothing coming up for me.
http://www.itv.com/news/update/2012-04-27/met-police-real-possibility-madeleine-mccann-is-alive/

Thank you Tony thumbsup No wonder I couldn't find it, just been looking at the 2 hour programme for 25th. So small point, but in your post you say Wed 25th April, when it was today Friday 27th April.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Redwood on Daybreak: VIDEO Added

Post by Tony Bennett on 27.04.12 22:31

candyfloss wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:
candyfloss wrote:Is there a video of this anywhere does anyone know. Done a quick google nothing coming up for me.
http://www.itv.com/news/update/2012-04-27/met-police-real-possibility-madeleine-mccann-is-alive/

Thank you Tony No wonder I couldn't find it, just been looking at the 2 hour programme for 25th. So small point, but in your post you say Wed 25th April, when it was today Friday 27th April.
I am so sorry, I did this in a rush. Are you sure it was today? - because he is being asked about the re-opening of the investigation, and surely this interview was BEFORE the news came through that the Portuguese Police were having none of it?

Was he really still doing the studio rounds two days later?

If you confirm this was broadcast today, could you go back and edit the date on my posting, I headed it 'Wednesday 25 February' - please change it for me, I don't have any editing abiity any more

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13975
Reputation : 2147
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Carlos Anjos: English mistake

Post by sharonl on 27.04.12 22:34

Carlos Anjos: English mistake

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2012/04/carlos-anjos-english-mistake.html
27 April 2012 | Posted by astro Leave a Comment


Opinion article by Carlos Anjos, president of the Portuguese Commission for the Protection of Crime Victims, former head of the Judiciary Police Union

The head of the investigation into the disappearance of Maddie states that the English police has found 195 new investigation opportunities. Nevertheless, he was not capable of presenting a single new piece of evidence.

From everything that he said, there is nothing of true interest for the investigation, the only thing that stood out was a photograph with the "supposed" present looks of the little girl, 5 years after her disappearance, which was obtained through a computer program.

It should be said that this technique has never proved itself effective, and that the results obtained from it, when it was possible to compare them, have always demonstrated major differences from the real person.

But if we believe that presently Maddie looks like that photo, then the vast majority of the 195 new leads are misleading, because the people who said they saw the girl, based themselves on the photographs from when she was aged 3 and not on this one, that only became known at this moment, thus they are mistaken. The fact is that nobody knows how she will look today, in case she is alive.

In the absence of evidence, what was left was the pressure to reopen the investigation, direct it towards the crime of abduction, and clear the parents. Once this path comes to an end, the job will be done.


in Correio da Manhã, 27.04.2012

____________________
"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER" - Rebekah Brooks to David Cameron

sharonl


Posts : 3567
Reputation : 419
Join date : 2009-12-29

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Redwood on Daybreak: VIDEO Added

Post by Guest on 27.04.12 22:51

@Tony Bennett wrote:
candyfloss wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:
candyfloss wrote:Is there a video of this anywhere does anyone know. Done a quick google nothing coming up for me.
http://www.itv.com/news/update/2012-04-27/met-police-real-possibility-madeleine-mccann-is-alive/

Thank you Tony No wonder I couldn't find it, just been looking at the 2 hour programme for 25th. So small point, but in your post you say Wed 25th April, when it was today Friday 27th April.
I am so sorry, I did this in a rush. Are you sure it was today? - because he is being asked about the re-opening of the investigation, and surely this interview was BEFORE the news came through that the Portuguese Police were having none of it?

Was he really still doing the studio rounds two days later?

If you confirm this was broadcast today, could you go back and edit the date on my posting, I headed it 'Wednesday 25 February' - please change it for me, I don't have any editing abiity any more

The link you gave says 27th April, and here's the link for the full Daybreak programme also on Fri 27th April i.e. today. So he must have still been doing the rounds.

http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=315792

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Redwood on Daybreak: VIDEO Added

Post by Guest on 27.04.12 22:53

Have altered it for you Tony thumbsup

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Redwood on Daybreak: VIDEO Added

Post by russiandoll on 27.04.12 23:09

He cannot give an answer to the question of why he thinks Maddie is alive because rationality will not allow it.. A possibility of life yes, no body has been found.. but without evidence the stats indicate a near zero chance.
So give the evidence to Portugal and let them reopen the investigation. He won't and can't as it does not exist. He wants it, McCanns want it says Clarence....... so get going, you are making our country a laughing stock and something to be ashamed of.
DCI Redwood imo regardless of what he says believes the opposite. He has been told to stay on message.





____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Redwood on Daybreak: VIDEO Added

Post by HiDeHo on 28.04.12 0:31

candyfloss wrote:Is there a video of this anywhere does anyone know. Done a quick google nothing coming up for me.

Link is in page 3 of this thread..but I am recording and uploading shortly.

(It's what I 'do' on a Friday night!)

HiDeHo
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 2310
Reputation : 502
Join date : 2010-05-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Redwood on Daybreak: VIDEO Added

Post by HiDeHo on 28.04.12 3:05

Video added to OP

HiDeHo
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 2310
Reputation : 502
Join date : 2010-05-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DCI Redwood on Daybreak: VIDEO Added

Post by tigger on 28.04.12 6:38

I'm stunned that this is happening.
AR is now advertising his strong belief and with that SY's belief that Maddie is alive.
It's pure advertising, a follow up to Wednesday. Keep us occupied.

So what's the bad news being buried?

He may have been chosen for this job for various reasons, he looks like an honest copper, can just imagine him with a proper helmet. He looks intelligent enough so must realize this is rubbish. 195 leads, most of which would have to be sightings and as the Portuguese say: pointless if this is based on other photographs than the one published this week.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum