The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The Possible Dry Run By The Alleged Abductor That Possibly Caused The Alleged Crying Incident.  - Page 30 Mm11

The Possible Dry Run By The Alleged Abductor That Possibly Caused The Alleged Crying Incident.  - Page 30 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The Possible Dry Run By The Alleged Abductor That Possibly Caused The Alleged Crying Incident.  - Page 30 Mm11

The Possible Dry Run By The Alleged Abductor That Possibly Caused The Alleged Crying Incident.  - Page 30 Regist10

The Possible Dry Run By The Alleged Abductor That Possibly Caused The Alleged Crying Incident.

Page 30 of 43 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 36 ... 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Possible Dry Run By The Alleged Abductor That Possibly Caused The Alleged Crying Incident.  - Page 30 Empty Re: The Possible Dry Run By The Alleged Abductor That Possibly Caused The Alleged Crying Incident.

Post by pennylane 10.06.16 19:03

aquila wrote:
pennylane wrote:
aquila wrote:
pennylane wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], it's another one of those things we'll never know for sure, but it stuck in my mind for the reasons I mentioned.
So a couple of comments about a well loved aunt is good enough to prove anything?
But you used the words "lonely person in Portugal whose relatives don't visit much, call much, or speak to"  and there is absolutely zero proof to confirm that is the case.  I at least pointed to statements that seem as if she had quite a few visitors and was cared for.
Without being patronising Pennylane, you really are doing a 'free Nelson Mandela' here. Without experiencing expat living you are just thinking 'aww, lovely family' and 'aww, they loved her' and 'aww their statement sounded so nice'.

I place no credence in Pamela Fenn's statement.

That's your prerogative of which I disagree.

I was merely confirming what Mrs Fenn's niece said about her aunt in her police statement, which indicated she did have visitors and that she was fond of her aunt.  You are right it doesn't confirm a full picture and I'm sure she must have felt lonely at times as she moved there after losing her husband. So perhaps it's somewhere in the middle.
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

The Possible Dry Run By The Alleged Abductor That Possibly Caused The Alleged Crying Incident.  - Page 30 Empty Re: The Possible Dry Run By The Alleged Abductor That Possibly Caused The Alleged Crying Incident.

Post by tinkier 10.06.16 19:15

Nina wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], the 15 years we were expats  living in Spain we  avoided the expat groups like the plague. For all the reasons you mention above but also many more too.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]….I have many, many years experience of ex pat living,(still am but going home soon) we have lived in a few countries to date, but the ex pat community is more or less the same wherever you go, from my experience anyway, however we do have a few genuine ex pat friends. If you want to keep your sanity and avoid alcoholism you avoid the ex pat circle like the plague, party every night if you want. How some people manage to keep their jobs is something I will never understand!
tinkier
tinkier

Activity : 411

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 10.06.16 19:18

high5
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13547

Back to top Go down

Post by HiDeHo 10.06.16 19:26

Verdi wrote:
HiDeHo wrote:
Verdi wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:  To think for one moment she would not have been informally spoken to, as early as possible on the 4th, would be highly unlikely - she was in the flat above for heavens sake. No police force in the world would ignore such a nearby potential witness in such serious (child missing) circumstances.

Yes, it's too ridiculous to even contemplate - unless you follow the line cast by the UK mainstream media about sardine munching beer swilling bungling disgraced cops.

This is a very important point not to be ignored.  If Pamela Fenn was at home on the night of 3rd May and the morning of 4th May, she would most certainly have been questioned by the PJ during their door to door routine.  As regards the PJ files, if Mrs Fenn was informally interviewed on that occasion and said she hadn't seen or heard anything then I wouldn't expect her to be mentioned in the PJ files - anymore than all the other scores interviewed from the environs of apartment 5a.  If however Mrs Fenn mentioned a crying episode of long duration and maybe an attempted burglary the week prior, then I would most certainly expect her informal interview to be recorded in the PJ files, or at least acknowledged by the investigation as I would expect a follow-up formal interview.

As far as I'm aware this didn't happen which strongly indicates to me that she either wasn't at home on the night of 3rd May and/or the following day when the PJ did their house to house calls or she told them she had not seen or heard anything.  The latter being the most likely in my opinion.

I believe it highly likely that she reported the crying incident, but at that time it was an 'abduction' and crying from a child a couple of days before the abduction would not have been overly important... However, once the dogs came in and the McCanns were possibly about to be charged, the incident WOULD have been important... Hence her official statement was made at that time.
I disagree.  With all the stories about pre-planned abduction, casing the joint, strangers lurking in the vicinity, Carol Tanmer's mystery man fiddling about with the gate leading to apartment 5a (later admittedly) - I would have thought a child crying for a long period of time, alegedly within apartment 5a, prior to Madeleine's abduction, might be of considerable interest to the investigation.

I think you have more faith in all of the details appearing in the files than I do...

With no statements available from those that were present at the tapas that night (Sperrey Mann etc) Carpenter' statements etc I would not find it odd for unofficial statements...(which we are not privy to) to not be listed with their contents.

Although we disagree about the volume of info released, we have to agree that we don't know whether Mrs Fenn reported or not, and to build a theory based on an omission (until further proof) can be justified as a theory but only speculative not fact.

Police sources quoted claiming she was interviewed should not be passed off as irrelevant
HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Researcher

Activity : 5076

http://forum2.aimoo.com/MadeleineMcCann

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 10.06.16 19:41

Whether people believe she reported or not, on 16th May, 2007 a GNR officer is aware of a crying incident.

My opinion is she reported it early on 4th May, 2007 - the GNR were on the ball.   Police would have been knocking on doors from the get go asking if people had noticed/heard anything strange so why would anyone think that Mrs. Fenn would not have had a knock on her door?

Why on earth would she make something like that up at such an early stage?

I still believe she told the police in an informal capacity and maybe as reported in the newspaper article the British police picked up on it and then asked for her to be interviewed formally 111 days later.   That sounds very credible to me.

The info. in the newspaper article about the burglar and grabbing at the ankles is from a friend not Mrs. Fenn and that's why, when asked by journalists, Mrs. Fenn said it was all rubbish.

All imo of course.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkier 10.06.16 19:43

HiDeHo wrote:
Verdi wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:  To think for one moment she would not have been informally spoken to, as early as possible on the 4th, would be highly unlikely - she was in the flat above for heavens sake. No police force in the world would ignore such a nearby potential witness in such serious (child missing) circumstances.

Yes, it's too ridiculous to even contemplate - unless you follow the line cast by the UK mainstream media about sardine munching beer swilling bungling disgraced cops.

This is a very important point not to be ignored.  If Pamela Fenn was at home on the night of 3rd May and the morning of 4th May, she would most certainly have been questioned by the PJ during their door to door routine.  As regards the PJ files, if Mrs Fenn was informally interviewed on that occasion and said she hadn't seen or heard anything then I wouldn't expect her to be mentioned in the PJ files - anymore than all the other scores interviewed from the environs of apartment 5a.  If however Mrs Fenn mentioned a crying episode of long duration and maybe an attempted burglary the week prior, then I would most certainly expect her informal interview to be recorded in the PJ files, or at least acknowledged by the investigation as I would expect a follow-up formal interview.

As far as I'm aware this didn't happen which strongly indicates to me that she either wasn't at home on the night of 3rd May and/or the following day when the PJ did their house to house calls or she told them she had not seen or heard anything.  The latter being the most likely in my opinion.

I believe it highly likely that she reported the crying incident, but at that time it was an 'abduction' and crying from a child a couple of days before the abduction would not have been overly important... However, once the dogs came in and the McCanns were possibly about to be charged, the incident WOULD have been important... Hence her official statement was made at that time.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ….I agree with your post above.
tinkier
tinkier

Activity : 411

Back to top Go down

Post by HiDeHo 10.06.16 21:47

I'm trying to understand the timeline of events that leads to 'Clarence' intervening and coercing Mrs Fenn into giving her statement about the crying...

Justine McGuiness was involved with media relations at the time..

All I can find is that Sol contacted Mrs Fenn on Friday 17th
Sol paper Edition August 18th wrote:
The English started by saying they took turns every 15 minutes in order to, through the windows of the rooms where the children were sleeping, listen if anything abnormal was happening. This ‘vigilance’ system, which they assure was efficient throughout a week of holidays, is questioned by an English citizen who lives in the apartment above the one that was occupied by Kate and Gerry McCann. 

Employees deny Russell 

Senn told Sol that, on the night before she disappeared, Maddie cried for quite some time, calling out ‘daddy, daddy!’. 

David Pilditch spoke to one of Mrs Fenn's friends on Friday night and her comments were repeated in the Express on 18th

QUOTES from a friend of Mrs Fenn (NOT EDNA GYNN) wrote:

Daily Express Aug 18th wrote:A friend of Mrs Fenn [not Edna Glynn] told The Daily Express last night: "She is an elderly lady who is quite nervous and was very shaken up after the break-in.

[size=13]"She was surprised that neither the police nor the McCanns had approached her for information before.[/size]

[size=13]"Even though she lives in the apartment directly upstairs the police had never tried to get in touch with her to ask her if she saw or heard anything the night Madeleine disappeared.[/size]

"The first time a police officer spoke to her was when the British officers with sniffer dogs knocked on her door and searched her apartment.[July 31st?]

"She told an officer what she knew and now she has been asked to make a formal statement.

"Portuguese officers have told her they will pick her up at 10am on Monday and drive her to police headquarters in Portimao.

"On the night she found an intruder she was sitting at home watching TV when she heard a noise in her bedroom.

"She went to investigate. The man must have heard her coming and was scrambling out of the window. She just saw the back of his head and arm and she tried to push him out of the window.

"She was shaking with fear and called the police. There was no sign of a break in and she thought he must have somehow come in through the front door.

"She now thinks the information may prove significant in the investigation.

"Her niece who lives in England was staying with her when the McCanns were on holiday.

"When details of a suspect were released a few weeks later the niece remembered she had seen a man fitting the description hanging around in the street outside the McCanns’ apartment.

"He was acting suspiciously and appeared to be looking into the window of the apartment. She has given a statement to police in Britain.

"Mrs Fenn says that two nights before Madeleine disappeared one of the children in the apartment was constantly screaming from around 10.30pm to 11.45pm.

"She was crying out for her dad and nobody answered until somebody returned.

"She remembers the times because she was talking to a friend back home on the phone and she was watching the news at 10.30pm.

"On the night Madeleine disappeared the first she knew of it was when there was a commotion downstairs.

"She looked over the balcony and saw the child’s mother. She was in a state of panic. She was repeatedly saying ’We’ve let her down. We’ve let her down.’

"All the people in their group were running in and out of the apartment. She asked someone if she should call the police and was told it had already been done."

Last night Mrs Fenn refused to reveal details of her evidence.

Under Portugal’s strict secrecy laws witnesses are banned from speaking publicly about details of an on-going investigation.

But when she answered the door at her apartment yesterday she said: "I will speak to the police on Monday."

The Mail included similar remarks but I see nothing that suggests anything other than some FSS reports were received on Aug 17th and alerted the press to the interviews planned for a few witnesses on Monday. Mrs Fenn included.

Where could Clarence come into this?

Sol were reporting the crying so it would not have come from Clarence....

I'm just trying to understand...

Actually, I believe Tony is working on a response, so I should remain quiet, but another post had me rechecking the dates...
HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Researcher

Back to top Go down

The Possible Dry Run By The Alleged Abductor That Possibly Caused The Alleged Crying Incident.  - Page 30 Empty A deliberate lie - who planted it?

Post by Tony Bennett 10.06.16 22:34

HiDeHo wrote:I'm trying to understand the timeline of events that leads to 'Clarence' intervening and coercing Mrs Fenn into giving her statement about the crying...

Justine McGuiness was involved with media relations at the time...

All I can find is that Sol contacted Mrs Fenn on Friday 17th....Where could Clarence come into this?

Actually, I believe Tony is working on a response, so I should remain quiet, but another post had me rechecking the dates...
Yes, I will try and cover everything in a comprehensive reply, but as I have family commitments all weekend, that might be delayed again, sorry.

@ HideHo   I am afraid you have very significantly misrepresented my position - I am sure you never meant to, so let's just set the record straight before we move on.

Your words were: "...timeline of events that leads to 'Clarence' intervening and coercing Mrs Fenn into giving her statement about the crying...".

So let me restate my hypothesis again in clear terms:

That the newspaper articles in the British and Portuguese press on and after 18 August 2007 about the alleged crying and burglary incidents were probably based on information supplied to them by Clarence Mitchell (or another PR member of Team McCann), Mrs Fenn having previously been influenced/encouraged/cajoled to confirm these two incidents (neither of which actually happened) by intermediaries (i.e. between Mrs Fenn and Clarence Mitchell).

Just to place that on the record in case there has been an innocent misunderstanding (maybe if I didn't make myself clear).

I have extracted (below) one sentence from David Pilditch's report which I and many others on this thread agree is an outright lie. I have suggested that the perpetrator of that outrageous falsehood is Clarence Mitchell or one of his minions. Do you disagree? - if so, who else (realistically) could have planted this deliberate lie? >>>    

In a second development Mrs Fenn’s niece reported seeing a man who matched the description of a suspect peering into the McCanns’ holiday apartment around the time Madeleine went missing.

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24786

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 10.06.16 23:11

dottyaussie wrote:And further to my previous post
DC1485'I would like to analyse a few parts of your statement with you, if you allow me, and to stimulate your memory to see if you remember anything else in relation to your stay. 

and

DC1485'I would like to clarify in your statement'-your statement 'On the 28th of May, 2008'my husband and I, Chris TRANMER, caught a flight to Portugal to spend a week of holidays in the eastern Algarve' and in addition, to look for properties to buy. 'We stayed in a location called'"

Dc1485'Quarteira, is that so'
In the absence of any narrative, I'm not entirely sure what your getting at by posting up these extracts from Carol Tranmer's rogatory interview.  If as I suspect, you are attempting to show evidence of the witness statement allegedly taken on 8th May 2007, I advise that I purposely omitted that part of the interview as I knew it would detract from my point.

Look again but carefully at the part of the rogatory I previously posted..

CT' Thus, this was when I called them, that is when you, sir, called me.

DC1485 'Yes.

CT' After that, you booked a meeting time so that someone could come and speak with me

DC1485 'Yes.

CT' And I was working temporarily (inaudible) for the Royal Borough of Maidenhead.

DC1485 'Did they visit you at work'

CT' Yes, they came to the office as they asked me what would be easier and I told them that it would be easier if they could come to me so that I would not miss too much work and'

DC1485 'Yes.

CT' Then, I arranged a room and they came to visit.

DC1485 'Wonderful.

CT' Mmm

DC1485 'Were they at all unaccommodating'

CT' No.

DC1485 'The fact that they came to visit you.

CT' No, no, truthfully, I am only trying to help.

DC1485 'Yes.

CT' An after having spoken to them, I received a call from someone in Reading asking me to help in trying to create what they called an 'identi-kit'.

DC1485 'Yes.

CT'  They asked me 'if it was possible' and I responded 'yes, of course' and they came from Reading. I reserved another room for them and it was in this way that everything happened, and......'
----------

This rogatory interview was conducted by Leicestershire police as part of the April 2008 rogatory process.  The way in which these interviews were conducted, in my opinion, is not consistent with customary UK policing procedures - apart from anything else, I'm curious to know why Carol Tranmer was re-interviewed by rogatory having allegedly already given a witness statement in May 2007.

I'm wondering if any official police force did take a statement from Carol Tranmer, particularly as there is no evidence of such nor the 'identi-kit' she claims to have provided.  Something about this just doesn't add up - why did she need to telephone a relative connected to Sandhurst?  Her own husband advised her to contact the police (beats me why she needed advice) but she didn't until she'd again spoken to the Sandhurst connection.  Then, after having said that Windsor police gave her a number for Leicester police, she says..

'We passed by the Windsor squadron but it is clear that no one was there so I called the Leciester police and told them basically what I had seen.'

?

ex moderator
ex moderator

Activity : 41927

Back to top Go down

Post by HiDeHo 10.06.16 23:41

Tony Bennett wrote:
HiDeHo wrote:I'm trying to understand the timeline of events that leads to 'Clarence' intervening and coercing Mrs Fenn into giving her statement about the crying...

All I can find is that Sol contacted Mrs Fenn on Friday 17th....Where could Clarence come into this?

Yes, I will try and cover everything in a comprehensive reply, but as I have family commitments all weekend, that might be delayed again, sorry.

@ HideHo   I am afraid you have very significantly misrepresented my position - I am sure you never meant to, so let's just set the record straight before we move on.

Your words were: "...timeline of events that leads to 'Clarence' intervening and coercing Mrs Fenn into giving her statement about the crying...".

That the newspaper articles in the British and Portuguese press on and after 18 August 2007 about the alleged crying and burglary incidents were probably based on information supplied to them by Clarence Mitchell (or another PR member of Team McCann), Mrs Fenn having previously been influenced/encouraged/cajoled to confirm these two incidents (neither of which actually happened) by intermediaries (i.e. between Mrs Fenn and Clarence Mitchell).

Just to place that on the record in case there has been an innocent misunderstanding (maybe if I didn't make myself clear).

I have extracted (below) one sentence from David Pilditch's report which I and many others on this thread agree is an outright lie. I have suggested that the perpetrator of that outrageous falsehood is Clarence Mitchell or one of his minions. Do you disagree? - if so, who else (realistically) could have planted this deliberate lie? >>>    

In a second development Mrs Fenn’s niece reported seeing a man who matched the description of a suspect peering into the McCanns’ holiday apartment around the time Madeleine went missing.

Absolutely no need to apologise... Goodness me, our family and real life commitments MUST come first...and even without any commitments you are not beholding to me..lol

You are however, very good and spend a lot of effort in responding, but please... only when you have the time and motivation to do so and have a good weekend!  friends
HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 10.06.16 23:41

@ HiDeHo wrote:  I think you have more faith in all of the details appearing in the files than I do...

Not necessarily (I feel a song coming on), I'm just saying that certain things I would expect the police to take seriously and would be incorporated with the scope of the investigation and would thus be in the PJ files.

I appreciate there must be hundreds of incidentals not included in the PJ files but outside of unmentionables (details of paedophiles etc) I would expect to see anything of importance recorded in the files.

@ HideHo wrote:  Police sources quoted claiming she was interviewed should not be passed off as irrelevant.

What police sources though?  As this hasn't been identified I'm reluctant to believe the authenticity.  One official source was very recently posted-up by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ..

Extract from the statement of GNR officer Paolo Jorge Carvaihosa da Costa

When asked he said that he never saw Robert Murat in all the times he visited the scene.

He does remember however, that on a day he cannot recall, an individual who identified himself as Robert, saying that he was in P da L as a translator helping the PJ, phoned the Lagos post saying:

That some foreign women, who had already been interviewed by the police, had phoned him, telling him that there was a child crying in an apartment near to them.

That is the only evidenced official mention of the crying incident being reported that I'm aware of.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by dottyaussie 11.06.16 0:57

dottyaussie wrote:@ Verdi

DC1485'Okay Carole. I have read your statement from the 8th of May, 2007, more or less one week after you saw the individual. It would be easier if you read the statement yourself and tell me if there is anything you want to add.

Also

During the interview, Carole TRANMER provided the following evidence:
CT/10 ' Outline of Ocean Club apartment block 
CT/11 ' Outline of the Ocean Club in Praia da Luz
CT/12 ' A photograph taken from the terrace of apartment 5G on Sunday, the 29th of April, 2007
At 11h10 of this same day I collected three pieces of evidence from Carole Tranmer. This statement was made by me and is truthful in accordance with my belief and understanding. 

As I was asking before where is this first statement and evidence CT/10, 11 and 12 ?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
This was my post in reply to your answer to my question in which I was asking where is this statement and the evidence that was collected. As you can see by the point in bold DC1485 says to Carole "I have read your statement from 8th May 2007"

Where did DC1485 get her 8th May statement from? He has clearly stated he has read it. So where is it ?  And again where is the evidence CT10, 11 and 12 ?
dottyaussie
dottyaussie

Activity : 337

Back to top Go down

Post by hogwash 11.06.16 5:47

Tony Bennett wrote:

Lord Justice Leveson accuses newspaper of publishing 'complete piffle' and 'tittle-tattle' about missing girl 

David Pilditch, another journalist at the Express, denied his stories were "tittle-tattle" and said they were based on information he had garnered from sources at the time. He said he warned his bosses in London that police were not briefing journalists officially and that it was their decision to decide whether to run them.

hogwash
hogwash

Activity : 472

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 11.06.16 9:19

plebgate wrote:Whether people believe she reported or not, on 16th May, 2007 a GNR officer is aware of a crying incident.

My opinion is she reported it early on 4th May, 2007 - the GNR were on the ball.   Police would have been knocking on doors from the get go asking if people had noticed/heard anything strange so why would anyone think that Mrs. Fenn would not have had a knock on her door?

Why on earth would she make something like that up at such an early stage?

I still believe she told the police in an informal capacity and maybe as reported in the newspaper article the British police picked up on it and then asked for her to be interviewed formally 111 days later.   That sounds very credible to me.

The info. in the newspaper article about the burglar and grabbing at the ankles is from a friend not Mrs. Fenn and that's why, when asked by journalists, Mrs. Fenn said it was all rubbish.

All imo of course.
Morning Plebgate, I totally agree.  goodpost 

Mrs Fenn reported precisely what occurred regarding hearing one child crying for 75 minutes on 1st May 2007 in the McCanns apartment beneath hers, and immense efforts were applied to take her words out of context and shift the date, in order to minimise the devastating indictment on the McCanns abject parenting on that ill fated holiday (imo).
pennylane

Back to top Go down

Post by dottyaussie 11.06.16 11:59

Plebgate & Pennylane  agree

Hogwash that's very interesting  yes

Here's to another day of productive debate  friends
dottyaussie
dottyaussie

Activity : 337

Back to top Go down

Post by Google.Gaspar.Statements 11.06.16 13:06

David Pilditch's Witness Statement from the Leveson Inquiry regarding Madeleine McCann

Activity : 701

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 11.06.16 13:53

Google.Gaspar.Statements wrote:David Pilditch's Witness Statement from the Leveson Inquiry regarding Madeleine McCann

Thanks for digging that out, most useful - nothing like the horses mouth (in this case David Pilditch) for putting things into perspective.  So here we have the true situation in a nutshell so to speak..

As in every case, my stories were compiled using numerous sources of information. In my time in Portugal I interviewed witnesses, many locals connected with businesses, resort workers, holidaymakers and ex-pats - a number of whom became contacts and regular sources of information,

1 incorporated copy filed by the Press Association and independent news agencies based in Britain and abroad, along with copy filed by colleagues back home - members of the McCanns’ families were releasing information and photographs to help the search.

The McCanns themselves had various people representing them, In the early stages a spokesman was appointed by the holiday company the family had travelled with.  Subsequently there were two Foreign Office officials who helped them one of whom was Clarence Mitchell.
----------

There you have it - straight back to @aquilla's informative exposé of a day in the life of an ex-pat.  I bet they were in their element for months on end.

NB:  Confirmation of what I wrote very recently..

Under Portugal’s secrecy of justice laws it is illegal for anyone to publicly discuss the details of an on-going police investigation. This means even the most senior detectives in charge of an inquiry are not allowed to speak to the press and the media. Quite frankly this was a ludicrous state of affairs which made covering the story near impossible.

In short - what they don't know they invent.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 11.06.16 13:55

and  "Two were Portuguese journalists who were in daily contact with the most senior officers investigating Madeleine McCann's disappearance.  "

so (imo) damage limitation galore by TM because a source from the PJ was giving out actual  information to journalists.
pennylane

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina 11.06.16 13:58

Snipped and copied..................

e. The third was a translator who worked for the Portuguese Police and translating and interpreting in the Portuguese legal system

I wonder  thinking

Activity : 3341

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 11.06.16 13:58

Yes I saw that but sounds like an official legal translator? Or...........

Seems like the investigation was leaking like a sieve!
pennylane

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 11.06.16 14:13

...... The third was a translator who worked for the Portuguese Police and translating and interpreting in the Portuguese legal system......

No, surely not - it couldn't be - could it?

The David Pilditch Leveson testimony really is a load of baloney isn't it?  This bit is just priceless..

Despite the barriers thrown up by the Portuguese criminal justice system, I was able to obtain an accurate and truthful insight into on-going developments within the police investigation at that time. Indeed, by this point in time, one of my contacts was informing me of day-to-day developments as they were taking place and before they were being written about in Portuguese newspapers. This enabled me to verify the accuracy of the information I was being given.

From the examples I've seen of this journalists reporting skill, accuracy is not a word I would use to describe his prowess.  If all these sub-claims of information coming from an official source be true, then just about everyone involved directly and on the periphery were breaking the law!  Having said that, it's very reminiscent of the 'source close to the McCanns/family' syndrome isn't it.

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 11.06.16 14:15

Nina wrote:Snipped and copied..................

e. The third was a translator who worked for the Portuguese Police and translating and interpreting in the Portuguese legal system

I wonder  thinking
Our paths have crossed, still you know what they say great minds think alike big grin !

ex moderator
ex moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 11.06.16 14:29

Who told Brunt about 'the fine blood spray on the wall, indicative of a broken larynx' and other stories I wonder? Could Murat have been Brunt's main (lucrative both ways) source in PDL, hence Brunt tried to minimise the fallout for Murat, after his inappropriate nosiness/spying within the investigation brought him under a cloud of suspicion as being the perp.
pennylane

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 11.06.16 14:31

Most importantly, who made the decision to employ Robert Murat to translate for the PJ?
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13547

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum 11.06.16 16:16

Good point Aquila.

And even more importantly, given that Martin Brunt informed us all about blood spray, how does he reconcile this with his treatment of Brenda Leyland?
worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2819

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 43 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 36 ... 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top