The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The Times article 19 May 2014 mentions 'her murder' - Page 1 Mm11

The Times article 19 May 2014 mentions 'her murder' - Page 1 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

The Times article 19 May 2014 mentions 'her murder' - Page 1 Mm11

The Times article 19 May 2014 mentions 'her murder' - Page 1 Regist10

The Times article 19 May 2014 mentions 'her murder'

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Times article 19 May 2014 mentions 'her murder' - Page 1 Empty Re: The Times article 19 May 2014 mentions 'her murder'

Post by sofieellis 20.05.14 10:15

Wow! Did anyone manage to get a screen shot of this? Has it been whooshed?
sofieellis

Activity : 188

Back to top Go down

The Times article 19 May 2014 mentions 'her murder' - Page 1 Empty Re: The Times article 19 May 2014 mentions 'her murder'

Post by canada12 20.05.14 10:19

sofieellis wrote:Wow! Did anyone manage to get a screen shot of this? Has it been whooshed?

Unfortunately it's behind a paywall and I don't know anyone who has a subscription.

They didn't even refer to the case as Madeleine McCann's death. They called it murder.

I find this astounding. I know many others don't, for a variety of reasons. But given the previous hesitancy of the press to report only the TM version of events... this, to my mind, is amazing.
canada12

Activity : 1698

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.05.14 10:19

sofieellis wrote:Wow! Did anyone manage to get a screen shot of this? Has it been whooshed?

Here's the link. Not a member, so I can't get the screenshot.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Can you get the screenshot ribisl?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ribisl 20.05.14 10:24

aquila wrote:
admin wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:
admin wrote:Jimmy Saville £2.7 million to date.

Madeleine McCann £5.35 million to date.
The actual cost of the Madeleine McCann investigation so far, according to recent official statements from Scotland Yard, must now be somewhere between £7 million and £8 million.

It seems a little odd that far less has been spent on the Operation Yewtree case, which has involved many perpetrators and many victims, than there has been spent on Maddie's 'disappearance'.
Operation Yewtree also has less staff. Remarkable.
Interesting that it's mentioned in an article dealing with historical child sex abuse.

Forgot to insert the link. Here it is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Activity : 858

Back to top Go down

Post by Ribisl 20.05.14 10:25

admin wrote:

Yes, I'll do that admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by sofieellis 20.05.14 10:27

I don't have a subscription either unfortunately. But thanks, guys. It would be very interesting to know if the "M" word has been removed or not.
sofieellis

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.05.14 10:30

Ribisl wrote:
admin wrote:

Yes, I'll do that admin.

Thank you Ribisl, I'm sure Kate and Gerry will be grateful for the screenshot for when they sue The Times for hindering their search.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 20.05.14 10:49

I'm not sure if this helps but because I work at a university I have access to the digital version of The Times through the university's library. I can access this from home. I've just checked the May 19 article as it appears in The Times digital archive, and the sentence is still there. So it's recorded for posterity.

I can't do a screen shot as I don't know where or how I could post the picture of it.
canada12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ribisl 20.05.14 10:54

admin wrote:
Ribisl wrote:
admin wrote:

Yes, I'll do that admin.

Thank you Ribisl, I'm sure Kate and Gerry will be grateful for the screenshot for when they sue The Times for hindering their search.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.05.14 10:56

Great stuff, Ribisl, thank you  thumbsup 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 20.05.14 10:57

Ribisl,

thumbup 
canada12

Back to top Go down

Post by sofieellis 20.05.14 11:00

Thank you so much, Ribisl. I am stunned that they have used the word "murder".
sofieellis

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.05.14 11:02

Ribisl, please could you check the article later on to see if it's been a) whooshed or b) changed?

I'm sure Carter-Ruck is furiously typing a letter to Sean O'Neill as we speak.... or  onphone 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.05.14 11:03

Thank you Ribisl  thumbsup 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 20.05.14 11:04

Well done Ribisl, as mentioned, it is in the McCs' best interest to have copies of anything that might get whooshed. They will never know when back reference will be required.
"better safe than sorry"..... an old medical expression, I'm sure.  big grin
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Post by wicksy 20.05.14 11:05

Wow! Just wow!
wicksy

Activity : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by Justformaddie 20.05.14 11:05

Has something been found? Why would they use that word cause surely they know all about this case? IMOIMO

Activity : 541

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 20.05.14 11:05

The very real acid test will be no retraction.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13560

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 20.05.14 11:15

aquila wrote:
admin wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:

The actual cost of the Madeleine McCann investigation so far, according to recent official statements from Scotland Yard, must now be somewhere between £7 million and £8 million.

It seems a little odd that far less has been spent on the Operation Yewtree case, which has involved many perpetrators and many victims, than there has been spent on Maddie's 'disappearance'.

This makes me optimistic cos if Grange have got more staff and more money to play with than Yewtree, then it says to me that Grange`s enquiry is far reaching - tentacles all over the place.
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 20.05.14 11:25

Justformaddie wrote:Has something been found? Why would they use that word cause surely they know all about this case? IMOIMO

The same word was used in an article a few months ago then quickly retracted, but I can't remember which newspaper it was in.

Why use the word 'murder', indeed.  It's not an easy to mistake.  Surely every newspaper knows to be extremely careful around the McCann story.  It doesn't lead to me suspect that some evidence has been found, but it does increase my certainty that this case isn't a white-wash and that something will break soon.
whatliesbehindthesofa

Activity : 1327

Back to top Go down

Post by bristow 20.05.14 11:27

whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:
Justformaddie wrote:Has something been found? Why would they use that word cause surely they know all about this case? IMOIMO

The same word was used in an article a few months ago then quickly retracted, but I can't remember which newspaper it was in.

Why use the word 'murder', indeed.  It's not an easy to mistake.  Surely every newspaper knows to be extremely careful around the McCann story.  It doesn't lead to me suspect that some evidence has been found, but it does increase my certainty that this case isn't a white-wash and that something will break soon.
I think Brunty used it either in a tweet or a report. it was whooshed pretty damn quickly!

Activity : 1007

Back to top Go down

Post by frost 20.05.14 11:28

great stuff I imagine the telephone exchange serving the Rothley area will have gone into meltdown oooh to be a fly on the wall right now  winkwink
frost

Activity : 222

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 20.05.14 11:28

If there's no retraction from The Times, the gloves are off.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13560

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 20.05.14 11:31

But I wonder why murder and not death?. Murder is specific and doesn't account for accidental death .Why are they using that word.  Most of our theories have centred on accidental death. I wonder if the Times use of this word is specifically intended to describe her death as murder or was used in a vague manner...
If it was murder then either the MC CANNS murdered her or someone else is supposed to have... I almost wish they'd used the word death.
HelenMeg

Activity : 2081

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 20.05.14 11:33

On a positive side it almost certainly smashes 'the fund'.
HelenMeg

Activity : 2081

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa 20.05.14 11:33

aquila wrote:

I just wonder whether the reason it hasn't been retracted yet is that it was behind a pay-wall and went unnoticed.

It will be noticed now, mainly because of this thread.
whatliesbehindthesofa

Activity : 1327

Back to top Go down

Post by bristow 20.05.14 11:41

Hopefully using that word really does mean something.  
I'm hoping it's not just slovenly reporting from someone who doesn't really have too much interest in the case.

Activity : 1007

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.05.14 11:43

Ribisl wrote:
aquila wrote:
admin wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:

Interesting that it's mentioned in an article dealing with historical child sex abuse.

Forgot to insert the link. Here it is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks Ribisl  roses

Yes it is very interesting that the MBM case is firmly placed in the context of historic child abuse.

And it is sandwiched between North Wales and Savile...hmmm

All in own opinion, nothing stated as fact
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.05.14 11:44

aquila wrote:

I just wonder whether the reason it hasn't been retracted yet is that it was behind a pay-wall and went unnoticed.

It will be noticed now, mainly because of this thread.

And because the link to the article has been posted on this thread and people have clicked on the link, then The Times will also now be aware of this thread and will either a) whoosh the article because C-R have been on their case or b) change the article as they realise the 'M' word is a mistake or c) leave it as it is because they stand by the word 'murder'.

Watch this space.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 20.05.14 11:48

bristow wrote:Hopefully using that word really does mean something.  
I'm hoping it's not just slovenly reporting from someone who doesn't really have too much interest in the case.
I suppose that is a possibility, but The Times have been challenged by the McCanns before and had to apologise for the wording of their report on the withheld e-fits.  They must also be aware of the twitter storm caused by Martin Brunt's use of the word 'murder', so its unlikely the word was used carelessly.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top