The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Goncalo Amaral Libel Trial - provisional date 13 SEPTEMBER 2012  Mm11

Goncalo Amaral Libel Trial - provisional date 13 SEPTEMBER 2012  Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Goncalo Amaral Libel Trial - provisional date 13 SEPTEMBER 2012  Mm11

Goncalo Amaral Libel Trial - provisional date 13 SEPTEMBER 2012  Regist10

Goncalo Amaral Libel Trial - provisional date 13 SEPTEMBER 2012

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Goncalo Amaral Libel Trial - provisional date 13 SEPTEMBER 2012  Empty Goncalo Amaral Libel Trial - provisional date 13 SEPTEMBER 2012

Post by Tony Bennett 19.04.12 16:57

I have today been served with new papers by Carter-Ruck in connection with the committal-to-prison trial on 9 and 10 May [start: 10.00am prompt, Wednesday 9 May].

Amongst the papers supplied is an on-the-record statement by Carter-Ruck Partner, Isabel Hudson, and I quote:

"While my firm is not instructed in the libel proceedings instigated in Portugal by the Claimants [Drs Gerald and Kate McCann] against Goncalo Amaral, I understand that...the case is proceeding to a full libel trial, and that a provisional date of 13 September 2012 has been given for the trial".

According to certain British newspapers, the McCanns launched their libel writ against Dr Amaral in early July 2009; thus if this provisional date sticks, it will take place more than 3 years and 2 months after the writ was first issued in Lisbon.

By the time the writ and application to injunct the book was issued [July 2009], Dr Amaral's book 'The Truth About A Lie' had already been published a year previously [July 2008], had sold over 200,000 copies in Portugal alone, had been translated into several European languages, and had been made into a TV documentary viewed by a record 2.2 million viewers in Portugal...

(...and had made a net profit for publishers and author of around 1 million euros).

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Goncalo Amaral Libel Trial - provisional date 13 SEPTEMBER 2012  Empty Re: Goncalo Amaral Libel Trial - provisional date 13 SEPTEMBER 2012

Post by jay2001 19.04.12 21:26

Not too long now Tony and I hope sincerely that justice is served and the dreadful burden you must be under is lifted. Strange that tm don't have to prove abduction, but you are in danger of losing your liberty because you queried their many and varied accounts of 3 May 2007.

Praying also that Dr Amaral's trial is not postponed and wish it could be brought forward. The stress of these cases will be enormous and are unheard of, surely, in a missing child case. If my child disappeared I wouldn't be searching for 153 articles on the net. My searching would be in the10 mile radius of the lawless lair that my PI mentioned.
jay2001

Activity : 121

Back to top Go down

Goncalo Amaral Libel Trial - provisional date 13 SEPTEMBER 2012  Empty Re: Goncalo Amaral Libel Trial - provisional date 13 SEPTEMBER 2012

Post by Ashwarya 19.04.12 22:09

Surely they'll be banged up long before September. No-one who has read the police files could be in any doubt about whodunnit, and Scotland Yard must have read those and a lot more besides that we don't have access to. It can only be a matter of time now, and if I was one of the Tapas 9 I'd be hot-footing round to the local nick to tell my side of the story before they came to fetch me. I hope all goes according to plan for Tony, and will be thinking of him on 9th and 10th May - what a very courageous road he is taking.
Ashwarya
Ashwarya

Activity : 162

Back to top Go down

Post by Lioned 19.04.12 23:09

Thanks for that Tony.One would hope there will be some developments in the SY 'review' before that.
Lioned
Lioned

Activity : 168

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 19.04.12 23:15

hmmm......wonder why CR even informed TB about "that" libel trial date?

What was their purpose for doing that? A warning to TB not to hope to rely on that trial verdict to use in his defence?

If the mccanns had been informed that is "provisional" date, I am inclined to think that must be more or less correct.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 20.04.12 11:31

Sunday Express.
By James Murray and Tracey Kandohla
Sunday April 10,2011

KATE McCann is so fearful of being attacked she is refusing to do public signings of her new book about the fight to find daughter Madeleine.

She will do television interviews here and in Portugal, where Madeleine disappeared four years ago, but will not meet the public over fears for her personal safety.

A source close to the publishers told the Sunday Express yesterday: "Kate doesn't want to give anyone the opportunity of heckling her or attacking her during any promotional tour. It's been emotional enough just writing the book."

The 348-page book, called Madeleine, is published on May 12, the little girl's eighth birthday.

We can disclose that one of the groups that could potentially have caused trouble is The Madeleine Foundation, which plans to distribute leaflets and step up an internet campaign confronting Kate and Gerry McCann on the date of publication.

They have already written to publishers Transworld demanding answers to 163 questions.

The questions include several put to the couple by the Portuguese police. One question asks: "How would the McCanns' children have coped if there was an emergency while they were absent and out of earshot?"

They also ask why the McCanns did not use the hotel's evening baby-sitting service.

The Foundation letter states: "Many feel that the McCanns owe it to the public, whom they have so frequently asked for help, to give them reasonable answers to their questions."

Kate, 42, has written the book because the Madeleine Fund, set up by well-wishers, is getting through money fast.

The McCanns want to be able to pay for further private detective work to track her down and cling to the belief that Madeleine is still alive somewhere.

Kate has said: "My reason for writing is simple – to give an account of the truth.

"Every penny we raise through its sales will be spent on our search for Madeleine."
unquote

Why is the Madeleine Foundation said to be causing trouble which may jeopardise the personal safety of Mrs. McCann? Why is it intimated that some form of violence could result from asking questions such as the one re the safety of the children?
Has anyone remotely connected to the Madeleine Foundation ever threatened to 'heckle or attack her'?

The Fund does not seem to have received any money from the book according to the last yearly accounts submitted. So far the proceeds of the book can therefore not have been of use in finding Madeleine.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel 20.04.12 12:42

tigger wrote:Sunday Express.
By James Murray and Tracey Kandohla
Sunday April 10,2011

KATE McCann is so fearful of being attacked she is refusing to do public signings of her new book about the fight to find daughter Madeleine.

She will do television interviews here and in Portugal, where Madeleine disappeared four years ago, but will not meet the public over fears for her personal safety.

A source close to the publishers told the Sunday Express yesterday: "Kate doesn't want to give anyone the opportunity of heckling her or attacking her during any promotional tour. It's been emotional enough just writing the book."

The 348-page book, called Madeleine, is published on May 12, the little girl's eighth birthday.

We can disclose that one of the groups that could potentially have caused trouble is The Madeleine Foundation, which plans to distribute leaflets and step up an internet campaign confronting Kate and Gerry McCann on the date of publication.

They have already written to publishers Transworld demanding answers to 163 questions.

The questions include several put to the couple by the Portuguese police. One question asks: "How would the McCanns' children have coped if there was an emergency while they were absent and out of earshot?"

They also ask why the McCanns did not use the hotel's evening baby-sitting service.

The Foundation letter states: "Many feel that the McCanns owe it to the public, whom they have so frequently asked for help, to give them reasonable answers to their questions."

Kate, 42, has written the book because the Madeleine Fund, set up by well-wishers, is getting through money fast.

The McCanns want to be able to pay for further private detective work to track her down and cling to the belief that Madeleine is still alive somewhere.

Kate has said: "My reason for writing is simple – to give an account of the truth.

"Every penny we raise through its sales will be spent on our search for Madeleine."
unquote

Why is the Madeleine Foundation said to be causing trouble which may jeopardise the personal safety of Mrs. McCann? Why is it intimated that some form of violence could result from asking questions such as the one re the safety of the children?
Has anyone remotely connected to the Madeleine Foundation ever threatened to 'heckle or attack her'?

The Fund does not seem to have received any money from the book according to the last yearly accounts submitted. So far the proceeds of the book can therefore not have been of use in finding Madeleine.

See what The Express have done tigger? They have posed questions via the MF, thus implanting them into the minds of their readers. Questions they cannot raise themselves for fear of further litigation.
Spaniel
Spaniel

Activity : 769

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 20.04.12 14:55

Aren't you clever! I didn't see that, just that the question was reasonable.

But Kate herself mentioned the Madeleine Foundation as an outfit likely to inspire attacks on her person.

Actually, Gerry meant to do a bike ride from Portugal to the UK last year, but cancelled for the same reason. It was to be a fund raiser of course...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20.04.12 19:04

aiyoyo wrote:hmmm......wonder why CR even informed TB about "that" libel trial date?

What was their purpose for doing that? A warning to TB not to hope to rely on that trial verdict to use in his defence?

If the mccanns had been informed that is "provisional" date, I am inclined to think that must be more or less correct.

I have wondered why they told Tony this information, since they are not acting for the McCanns in that matter. Why tell him the trial date I wonder. What's it got to do with them?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 21.04.12 5:08

Being friendly or a warning - your pick!
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 21.04.12 6:18

See above for reference.

unquote.

What I want to know is: why isn't this statement libelous?

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 21.04.12 13:35

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I see the Sunday Express have been crafty and have stated that the above questions have come from the Portugese police, therefore planting in the minds of the readers that the Police were doing their job and saying to the readers "go and find out more information for yourselves", they're also giving free publicity to the Madeleine Foundation. Well I take it as that anyway.

Goncalo Amaral Libel Trial - provisional date 13 SEPTEMBER 2012  302873
Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 06.06.12 16:04

The writ states that accusations left them "totally destroyed" and caused them "irreparable" damage.
The writ maintains that the couple both suffer from "permanent anxiety, insomnia, lack of appetite, irritability and an indefinable fear".
It also says Kate McCann is "steeped in a deep and serious depression".

P. 262 Kate states "Wild stories were appearing in the papers about my fragile mental state, my inability to cope' with my 'hyperactive' children, eating disorders and sedatives. All complete bullshit, ..."

Does anyone know how these two statements can be reconciled ?
A deep and serious depression is on any test a fragile mental state.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 06.06.12 17:12

The writ states that accusations left them "totally destroyed" and caused them "irreparable" damage.
The writ maintains that the couple both suffer from "permanent anxiety, insomnia, lack of appetite, irritability and an indefinable fear".
It also says Kate McCann is "steeped in a deep and serious depression".

This is a joke right? They are celebrity millionaires with the powers of the establishment protecting them at every single angle. They are liars, fakes and have a fraudlant fund, they ruin innocent peoples lives, they have broken all the values of this country. Below are the mccanns in the last months, seriously is this how totally destroyed, permanent anxiety, insomnia, lack of appetite, irritability and an indefinable fear people behave?
Goncalo Amaral Libel Trial - provisional date 13 SEPTEMBER 2012  Everton_vs_Liverpool_FA_Cup%20semi_final_14April2012b Wembley April 2012
Goncalo Amaral Libel Trial - provisional date 13 SEPTEMBER 2012  Image-4-kate-and-gerry-mccann-thank-people-of-liverpool-after-running-sefton-park-10k-races-867181351April 2012
Goncalo Amaral Libel Trial - provisional date 13 SEPTEMBER 2012  Image-7-kate-and-gerry-mccann-thank-people-of-liverpool-after-running-sefton-park-10k-races-341722656April 2012
jd
jd

Activity : 4400

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 06.06.12 19:01

totally destroyed" "irreparable" damage. "permanent anxiety, insomnia, lack of appetite, irritability and an indefinable fear". "steeped in a deep and serious depression".

Goncalo Amaral Libel Trial - provisional date 13 SEPTEMBER 2012  Mccanns-smile
jd
jd

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 06.06.12 19:06

Carter-Ruck.
Please note.
Your clients are not telling the truth in one of those documents. Either the writ or the book contains a lie.
You cannot have it both ways.
And your client has told the world that the book is a Version of the Truth.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 06.06.12 19:57

totally destroyed" "irreparable" damage. "permanent anxiety, insomnia, lack of appetite, irritability and an indefinable fear". "steeped in a deep and serious depression".
In fairness there is lots of evidence. Here is some more.
Goncalo Amaral Libel Trial - provisional date 13 SEPTEMBER 2012  Grin10
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.06.12 20:29

PeterMac wrote:
In fairness there is lots of evidence. Here is some more.
Goncalo Amaral Libel Trial - provisional date 13 SEPTEMBER 2012  Grin10

And there are so many more.
I could be mistaken, but I think that IF they could find their way out of this one [the court case], they would ...
Very possibly the reason that this has been hanging out for years by now ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sammyc 06.06.12 22:42

This pair make me want to vomit. Not a shred of remorse for leaving their 3 little children to defend for themselves night after night with no-one to comfort, help, watch over them, protect them. When you see other parents who have lost a child/children through horrific circumstances ranging from murder, arson, car accidents, illness, parental abduction to another country, knife crime, fisticuffs at High school, 'simple' accidents etc etc, you can see pain, heartache, misery and difficulty in carrying on with life etched into their face, body and soul.

Yet these two seem to wallow in their fame, knowing that Poor Madeleine could still be with that alleged paedophile who abducted her whilst they were having a great night out. Sick sick sick.
sammyc
sammyc

Activity : 383

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.06.12 22:52

sammyc wrote: [...] these two seem to wallow in their fame, knowing that Poor Madeleine could still be with that alleged paedophile who abducted her whilst they were having a great night out. Sick sick sick.
Do I understand you correctly?
All evidence points to:
No abduction ... Goncalo Amaral Libel Trial - provisional date 13 SEPTEMBER 2012  172348
And they know much more than they're telling IMO

But I do agree, it's sick [IMO again]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 07.06.12 0:31

Yet these two seem to wallow in their fame, knowing that Poor Madeleine could still be with that alleged paedophile who abducted her whilst they were having a great night out. Sick sick sick.
Exactly, this is the truth of it. sick sick sick. And we also have their lead investor in their fraudulent fund, brian kennedy, intimidating all the witnesses from the nanny to a previous occupier of 5A. How many have said they feel like a pawn in a game. It is a police investigation and nothing to do with a financial investor who is doing nothing but perverting the course of justice. Even on a business deal buying Rangers football club, they are saying brian kennedy is just lying and bulldozing his bid through. Then we have his sidekick, who has 'friends' who have the most sickening views and comments about children, all of which are documented and proven. Instead of being responsible, they use carter ruck instead to cover up their sickness, because this is what they are all are...sick to the core

Totally destroyed" "irreparable" damage. "permanent anxiety, insomnia, lack of appetite, irritability and an indefinable fear". "steeped in a deep and serious depression".
Here is some more:
Goncalo Amaral Libel Trial - provisional date 13 SEPTEMBER 2012  4thbir10 A mere 9 days later on May 12th 2007

And more of their
Totally destroyed" "irreparable" damage. "permanent anxiety, insomnia, lack of appetite, irritability and an indefinable fear". "steeped in a deep and serious depression".
Goncalo Amaral Libel Trial - provisional date 13 SEPTEMBER 2012  Gerry-mccann-parents-of-missing-child-madeleine-mccann-gerry-and-kate-mccann-may-26-2007-eKj7rl 21 days later on May 24th 2007...(same day as poolside photo finally released)

Are these "parents" seriously "broken and have "irreparable" damage. "permanent anxiety, insomnia, lack of appetite, irritability and an indefinable fear". "steeped in a deep and serious depression" whilst knowing their daughter could still be with an alleged pedophile doing unspeakable thing to her?

Within only 3 weeks of Maddies' disappearance to a pedophile abductor, they are just smiling and laughing
jd
jd

Back to top Go down

Post by jd 08.06.12 0:14

Some more of the celebrity child neglecters and their...
.....This laughing of kate mccann is right after she says "after maddie was taken".........I dont know about you but, if my child had gone missing I wouldnt be smiling! They laugh about texts messages sent on day or day after may 3rd, they laugh when speaking about Maddie being taken!!!! whats so funny....They are
totally destroyed" "irreparable" damage. "permanent anxiety, insomnia, lack of appetite, irritability and have an indefinable fear"
Goncalo Amaral Libel Trial - provisional date 13 SEPTEMBER 2012  Scaled.php?server=525&filename=katemccannrothleyhotel

Clearly not!
jd
jd

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 08.06.12 5:47

@ jd.
Just after that in that video she says Gerry never sent or received 16 text messages (clear lie) and makes this odd gesture - sort of 'all done' underarms and hands opened out.
A hint of triumph there. imo. But she is telling or reinforcing an outright lie.
Gerry isn't as happy, hates to have to explain himself blocks the interviewers with one arm.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top