The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Crimewatch 30th Anniversary (McCanns are guests) 16/09/2014 - Page 2 Mm11

Crimewatch 30th Anniversary (McCanns are guests) 16/09/2014 - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Crimewatch 30th Anniversary (McCanns are guests) 16/09/2014 - Page 2 Mm11

Crimewatch 30th Anniversary (McCanns are guests) 16/09/2014 - Page 2 Regist10

Crimewatch 30th Anniversary (McCanns are guests) 16/09/2014

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Crimewatch 30th Anniversary (McCanns are guests) 16/09/2014 - Page 2 Empty Crimewatch, Living with Murder

Post by Guest 16.09.14 8:02

Since its first broadcast in 1984, Crimewatch has appealed for help with thousands of cases, featuring over 4,500 appeals including 758 murders, 339 rapes and 926 robberies. Crimewatch’s track record shows that around 1 in 3 cases featured lead to an arrest with 1 in 5 leading to a conviction. 
Georgina Lee, a producer on the programme, writes about her experiences making a special edition to mark its 30 years of crime solving, Living with Murder.
A major part of working for Crimewatch involves meeting the families of victims in order to interview them for appeals. You’re meeting people at the worst possible time of their lives, asking them to sit in front of a TV camera and to tell you about their, often very raw, grief.
Every case is different, some people are angry, others distressed or even numb. But the more time I spend with them and the more families I meet, I have become increasingly aware that they all share something: Their feelings of loss are compounded by the knowledge that someone has caused it, that their grief is the result of someone else making a deliberate decision to end their loved ones’ life. They have to face their grief while also being caught up in a police investigation, legal proceedings and often under the intensity of the media spotlight.
But what happens to these people after the court cases are concluded and the cameras have moved on? That was where the idea for the film Living with Murder came from, to take an intimate look at the particular grief, which comes from the crime.
I was expecting the making of the film to be emotional, that there would be tears, and there were, many, some my own. But I hadn’t expected that spending time with the families we featured would be so inspiring, or that there would be so much laughter.
Shaun and Josie Russell, who would have every right to see the world as a very dark place, are still able to see the best in people. Kieron Bimpson, who gives incredible energy, every day, to the charity he’s set up in memory of his three-year old daughter Francesca. Paul Bowman who spoke with incredible honesty about the downward spiral he experienced after his daughter Sally-Anne’s killer was convicted. Yet, he was cracking jokes while making us cups of tea.
The strength and determination these people have shown in not allowing murder to completely destroy their lives and the resilience of the human spirit really is humbling.
The words of Sally-Anne Bowman’s father Paul will stay with me.  “I’m determined to live as decent a life as possible, with what’s happened and what’s in my head.”
Georgina Lee is a producer for Crimewatch
Living With Murder meets some of the relatives and survivors of Crimewatch appeals past to see how their lives have moved on. Amongst those featured are Kate and Gerry McCann, Shaun and Josie Russell and Sally Anne Bowman’s father Paul.
 BBC Crimewatch, Living with Murder is on Tuesday 16 September, 10.40pm, BBC One
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Crimewatch 30th Anniversary (McCanns are guests) 16/09/2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: Crimewatch 30th Anniversary (McCanns are guests) 16/09/2014

Post by plebgate 16.09.14 8:12

Thanks LIR for info.

There was much laughter with one parent making cups of tea and cracking jokes.    Maybe so, but how long did it take the parents before they were able to laugh, smile and crack jokes?
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Crimewatch 30th Anniversary (McCanns are guests) 16/09/2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: Crimewatch 30th Anniversary (McCanns are guests) 16/09/2014

Post by Guest 16.09.14 8:15

What's interesting, as PeterM pointed out yesterday, is the M word being slowly brought into the narrative.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 16.09.14 8:20

Ladyinred wrote:
Living With Murder meets some of the relatives and survivors of Crimewatch appeals past to see how their lives have moved on. Amongst those featured are Kate and Gerry McCann, Shaun and Josie Russell and Sally Anne Bowman’s father Paul.
They keep putting the two together. Surely Carter-Ruck can advise on alternative wording.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldrick 16.09.14 8:25

PeterMac wrote:
Ladyinred wrote:
They keep putting the two together.  Surely Carter-Ruck can advise on alternative wording.  

The trouble is no one is saying Mr & Mrs along with the M word. They are still being fawned over by the MSM despite all the public opinion against them.
Baldrick

Activity : 56

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 16.09.14 8:26

Ladyinred wrote:What's interesting, as PeterM pointed out yesterday, is the M word being slowly brought into the narrative.
Yes it is interesting.  I have been looking at the twitter feed and someone has asked if they will be suing Crimewatch?

I  wondered if the point in the article about parents being able to laugh and joke was in there for a reason?
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.09.14 9:45

plebgate wrote:
Ladyinred wrote:What's interesting, as PeterM pointed out yesterday, is the M word being slowly brought into the narrative.
Yes it is interesting.  I have been looking at the twitter feed and someone has asked if they will be suing Crimewatch?

I  wondered if the point in the article about parents being able to laugh and joke was in there for a reason?

9 days... you can laugh and joke in public (sooner in private).

I'm sure they all did.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue-a-Tory 16.09.14 9:46

Publicity today on the BBC. The page includes 3 embedded videos, 3 relating to the McCann's programme last October with the other being Nick Ross' desperate plea to be a Police Commissioner. Nothing regarding the terrible unsolved murder of former presenter the lovely Jill Dando.

Dreadful BBC, but at least its categorised under Entertainment & Arts, could hardly be factual.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-29217578
Rogue-a-Tory
Rogue-a-Tory

Activity : 1115

Back to top Go down

Post by noddy100 16.09.14 9:51

The spiel re Crimewatch has now been altered
noddy100

Activity : 760

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 16.09.14 11:15

noddy100 wrote:The spiel re Crimewatch has now been altered
Such is the power of the internet.
There are however screenshots and copies to prove what they said.
Now you see it
Crimewatch 30th Anniversary (McCanns are guests) 16/09/2014 - Page 2 <a href=Crimewatch 30th Anniversary (McCanns are guests) 16/09/2014 - Page 2 See_j10" />

Now you don't
Crimewatch 30th Anniversary (McCanns are guests) 16/09/2014 - Page 2 <a href=Crimewatch 30th Anniversary (McCanns are guests) 16/09/2014 - Page 2 Don_t_10" />
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 16.09.14 14:59

"This little thing, called the internet, ............makes it much harder to govern"

John Kerry

Secretary of State.

Hear that, BBC?

YOU ARE BEING beware

jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 16.09.14 15:04

PeterMac wrote:
noddy100 wrote:The spiel re Crimewatch has now been altered
Such is the power of the internet.
There are however screenshots and copies to prove what they said.
Now you see it
Crimewatch 30th Anniversary (McCanns are guests) 16/09/2014 - Page 2 <a href=Crimewatch 30th Anniversary (McCanns are guests) 16/09/2014 - Page 2 See_j10" />

Now you don't
Crimewatch 30th Anniversary (McCanns are guests) 16/09/2014 - Page 2 <a href=Crimewatch 30th Anniversary (McCanns are guests) 16/09/2014 - Page 2 Don_t_10" />

The same BBC who had to alter the 'spiel' about Madeleine WAS 'abducted' in PDL, but after having it pointed out to them there is not, and never has been, a scintilla of 'evidence' to support 'abduction', they changed their 'spiel' to Madeleine 'disappeared' from PDL!
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.09.14 19:42

Looks like the Crimewatch at 30 special is rescheduled to be broadcast at 10.40pm this evening to make way for a Scotland Decides programme.  I mistakenly thought that the Living with Murder programme was additional to the 9pm Crimewatch Special.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Dont Make Me Laff 16.09.14 20:00

maybe they changed the time because they need extra time to go over re-written scripts?
Dont Make Me Laff
Dont Make Me Laff

Activity : 338

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.09.14 20:12

Dont Make Me Laff wrote:maybe they changed the time because they need extra time to go over re-written scripts?

Mmm... The Crimewatch special had been listed and promoted for 9pm.  Seems like the rescheduling was made today.  10.40pm is a bit late for me!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 16.09.14 22:22

I have stayed up especially, although I really dont want to increase their viewing figures...
HelenMeg

Activity : 2081

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.09.14 22:30

HelenMeg wrote:I have stayed up especially, although I really dont want to increase their viewing figures...

Yes, I'm staying up too, in my pyjamas.  Perhaps Redwood will make an appearance with another revelation?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 16.09.14 22:34

Ladyinred wrote:
HelenMeg wrote:I have stayed up especially, although I really dont want to increase their viewing figures...

Yes, I'm staying up too, in my pyjamas.  Perhaps Redwood will make an appearance with another revelation?
We can live in hope!! Better be worth it... I can already sense that it will make me very frustrated - seeing the gruesome twosome being fawned over by Ms Young. Anyway...
HelenMeg

Activity : 2081

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 16.09.14 23:36

Ladyinred wrote:
Yes, I'm staying up too, in my pyjamas.
Are they WHITE, or PINK, or WHITE?

16 The colour of the pyjamas
Claim
The pyjama bottoms were white

Kate’s statement
At the time of her disappearance, she was wearing pyjamas, with white bottoms
with a floral pattern and a frill at the end. The short-sleeved top, mainly pink with a
blue-grey donkey figure on the front, bearing the inscription "EEYORE", an
inscription which was also on one of the trouser legs.
The pyjamas are of the "Marks and Spencer" brand.
p. 84 "Although Jane had never seen or known about Madeleine's Eeyore
pyjamas, her description of this child's night clothes - light coloured pink or white
pyjamas with a 'trailing' or floral pattern and turn-ups on the bottoms - matched
Madeleine's almost exactly. "
BBC Crimewatch
Recorded in Praia da Luz: 04 June 2007, Televised: 05 June 2007

Fiona Bruce: (to camera) "It's 33 days since little Madeleine McCann disappeared
from Praia da Luz in Portugal. Tonight, in a special appeal, her parents Gerry and
Kate plead for your help in the hunt for their daughter."
Gerry McCann: "For the Crimewatch viewers at home I think this would be a good
time now to review all the information."
Kate McCann: "These are virtually identical to the pyjamas that Madeleine was
wearing when she was taken. As you can see it's a pink top, errm... with gathered
short sleeves and it has a picture of Eeyore on the front. Errr, the bottoms are
white with a... a floral design and have an Eeyore, errm... on the bottom of the right
leg."
Counterclaim
The Pyjamas bottoms were not white
p. 171 "We were able to show a pair of pyjamas like Madeleine's on the
programme, which was particularly important since at the time it has been
incorrectly stated in some press reports that her pyjamas were white."
Fact
The pyjama bottoms were white

LIE after LIE after LIE, t the extent that they lose control of what they have said . .
and more importantly . . of what is important.

The colour of the pyjamas is IRRELEVANT.
The exact Time of the ``Last Photo" is also irrelevant.

They insist too much, methinks.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.09.14 23:47

ZZZzzz... I think CW used Mr&Mrs to pull in viewers.  Nice to see Andy again.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaggzy 17.09.14 0:56

HelenMeg wrote:
Ladyinred wrote:Agree, HelenMeg.  It's not just Kirsty Young, who I used to regard as an intelligent woman, it's the Crimewatch team and the BBC who need to be challenged on the stance taken by this programme towards the parents.  I don't know why Mr&Mrs are featuring in this special edition, as no-one has been charged or convicted of any crime relating to their daughter's disappearance.  As you say, it's an on-going investigation.

What has Crimewatch actually contributed to bringing to justice those who are responsible for the disappearance of MBM?
It is quite hard to fathom unless people are selling their souls.
KY is reasonably intelligent - she has to be and certainly comes across as such, on Desert ID etc etc .
I wouldn't put her in the same category as LKelly, for instance.    

I can only think that KY has a remit to follow and follows it in order to retain status, position, acclaim as a 'respected presenter' of the BBC.

Crimewatch is being hijacked by whoever is 'directing' the Madeleine affair. The more I think about it the more absurd it is to invite the Mc Canns to feature in this program, whilst the investigations are in process.
It is ABSURD and quite horrifying - I used to respect Crimewatch as a program but now just cannot take it seriously.
I'm losing complete faith - politicians / BBC / Justice/ Law and Order
Nothing counts for anything any more - or did it ever?

... just imagine the amount of egg on Crimewatch's face if out of the blue, the McCann's are arrested and charged in the next few weeks, say, after SY announce 'a major breakthrough' in the investigation, be it confessions from Tapas members, witnesses, forensic discoveries, discovery of body, etc, etc, etc.

The likes of Young, Kelly, Branson, etc, will all have to live with the shame of supporting them.
Gaggzy
Gaggzy

Activity : 514

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top