The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Children's entertainers

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Children's entertainers

Post by PeterMac on 30.06.14 18:07

Am I alone in finding Children's Entertainers over the age of - say - 25, slightly creepy

It is the image of the early middle aged men (almost always !) with their stupid costumes, silly antics,m ridiculous "games" and endless "catch-phrases"
which I find worrying.
Now, then, now, then
Can you see what it is yet

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

In response to Petermac...

Post by comperedna on 30.06.14 18:26

Petermac... No. You are not!

Fortunately you don't know where I live, and nobody on here does, but my relatively new neighbour, a single woman, and a retired ex Methodist minister now in her 70s, once knocked on my door and stood there silently waiting. She was unidentifiable... dressed as a clown (Co-co the clown style with full make up, costume a la Pied Piper and full wig.) Only when she said. 'Ha ha. It is me. I am on my way to a children's party I have organised,' did I realize who it was. Part of that was done to shock me I am sure. I am not at all uneasy about her for the reasons spoken about on this thread... but I did find it slightly sinister, or perhaps, being more charitable, pretty eccentric. She also wears shorts as short as hot pants when gardening... Sparrow-boned, I think she believes she has 'good legs'. :-D

comperedna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Children's entertainers

Post by Guest on 30.06.14 18:40

Aw, that's mean ...  winkwink 

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 30.06.14 18:55

@PeterMac wrote:Am I alone in finding Children's Entertainers over the age of - say - 25, slightly creepy

It is the image of the early middle aged men (almost always !) with their stupid costumes, silly antics,m ridiculous "games" and endless "catch-phrases"
which I find worrying.

Now, then, now, then

I find it worrying that so many seem to find it acceptable and are quite prepared to let their children sit and watch it.     smilie

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 30.06.14 19:01

@PeterMac wrote:Am I alone in finding Children's Entertainers over the age of - say - 25, slightly creepy

which I find worrying.
Now, then, now, then

No you`re not alone - I`ve always thought they`re creepy and that includes comedians with tickling sticks and ventriloquists dummies and also clowns.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Reply to Chatelaine

Post by comperedna on 30.06.14 19:05

Yeah. Got it. You are right! I am sure she 'means well'. As you don't live in the UK you will likely not listen to The Archers. Sometimes I catch a bit of it on Sunday mornings. She is the Linda Snell of our part of town. Nosey... pushy... odd... is only part of it. 'Here are some potatoes for you from out of my garden. What? Not got any solar panels on your roof yet? Have you bought your green burial plot yet? (Actually we have) etc etc...' Chatelaine (spelling/ sorry) You are right. I am being unkind, but ... but ... but ... Sometimes she really does give me the creeps, but a while ago she was not very well and I don't like to be unkind. She is un-put-offable and is always banging on our door and coming in. My son had only just come round himself. She came in. She got to hold my youngest grand-daughter before I did.

comperedna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by comperedna on 30.06.14 19:06

It is the driven persistence of people who won't back off which is similar... nothing else.

comperedna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 30.06.14 19:14

comperedna

I was actually thinking of my own legs at my age now [used to be a stunner and not only because of my legs, but they were the ones attracting most of the attention ....] and had wanted to add, that I do indeed wear [hot]pants when pruning the roses, but nowadays never, ever, with someone around to see them ...  big grin 

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 30.06.14 19:21

This thread is turning out to be quite `entertaining`

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Five Star on 30.06.14 19:23

Anyone get this at school?    creepy!!

Five Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 30.06.14 19:25

Getting back on topic - there is a line between healthy and unhealthy in adults who love to work with children.  And I`m not making accusations - just that there is a line and some belong on the not so healthy side.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 30.06.14 20:30

@Five Star wrote:Anyone get this at school?    creepy!!

What a horrible irritating drone. I've never heard of this programme.

The "music" reminds me of a cross between the theme tune of Tales of the Unexpected and tom cats fighting it out.

Back to top Go down

Post by sar on 30.06.14 20:32

@Five Star wrote:Anyone get this at school?    creepy!!

Five Star,  started to watch that but had to stop after about 15 seconds!!!! seriously creepy now seen through the prism of 25-30 years of life.

sar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum