The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Portuguese DENY that arrests are imminent

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Portuguese DENY that arrests are imminent

Post by PeterMac on 04.05.14 8:42

SUNDAY DAILY STAR _ So it MUST be true !
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/377301/Madeleine-McCann-Portuguese-police-deny-that-arrests-will-be-made-soon
Maddie: Portuguese police blast Brit cops and DENY arrests will be made soon
PORTUGUESE police have blasted Brit detectives over their handling of the Madeleine McCann investigation.


By Neil Chandler & Tracey Kandohla/
Published 4th May 2014
Yesterday marked exactly seven years since the little girl vanished from a holiday apartment in Praia da Luz on the Algarve.
But at a special prayer service in the McCanns’ home village of Rothley, Leics, dad Gerry, 45, said he and wife Kate had been buoyed by the Scotland Yard probe.
He said: “They are going back out to Portugal very soon. They are chipping away and there is new evidence.
“We are going to continue hoping we get a happy outcome – and one day we will know what’s happening.”
But the Portuguese have accused the Metropolitan Police of going on a “media offensive” over the case. They say leads recently publicised by the Met are “very flimsy”.
And they say claims about imminent arrests are not true.
A well-placed source said: “They’re pulling their hair out in relation to recent allegations by the Met.
“They’re very angry the ­British police have gone on a media offensive.
“Furthermore, the information is not consistent with the information they have.”
“They don’t know even the nature of these indecent assaults and it is all very flimsy.”
Last year, Portuguese authorities agreed to re-open the probe into Madeleine’s 2007 disappearance after a review by the Met.
In January, British police suggested three burglars were prime suspects.
The source said: “The Met have sent them three letters saying they want to interview the three burglars…they’ve had those letters quite a long time.
“The Portugese are ­saying ‘We have got it but we won’t be doing that tomorrow, not soon, not in the near future will we be acting on that. This is our investigation and we won’t be acting on the Met police stuff (any time soon)’. Relationships (with the Met) are so poor, they felt the Met would be better off building a relationship with them than going out doing press.”
In March, the Met appealed for information about a sex attacker linked to 12 break-ins in the Algarve.
Five young girls were said to have been sexually assaulted during four of the raids.
In an update last month, the Met said the appeal had yielded information on six more incidents, including an attack on a girl in Praia da Luz two years before Madeleine vanished.
The suspect, they said, was “smelly” and “pot-bellied” and it was reported that arrests might be made soon.
But our source said the Portuguese police believe the information publicised by the Met is “very flimsy” and claimed they had not shared the leads with them.
“The Portuguese are saying if your young girl has been assaulted while you are on holiday, why not report it then or at least as soon as you get home. If it’s a serious allegation of sexual assault, why not report it at the time?
“They are not saying these things didn’t happen but they are saying ‘Why is it all coming out now?’
“They don’t know even the nature of these indecent assaults and it is all very flimsy.
“The Portuguese are saying lines of inquiry they (the Met) have aren’t ones brought to our intention and the relationship is very poor, this is a Portuguese investigation and the idea of imminent arrests isn’t true.”
Yesterday a tearful Kate, 46, told villagers at the low-key outdoor prayer service: “We are still battling, still hoping, still searching for Madeleine.”
She added: “The past seven years have been so difficult and painful.”


____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Portuguese DENY that arrests are imminent

Post by Bishop Brennan on 04.05.14 8:54

So basically it's all out war between SY and PJ. Pretty much as we had surmised here for a while. PJ are having none of it. Good for them. Better things to do with their time I'm sure. The recent media statements from SY and the McCanns now make perfect sense - crude megaphone diplomacy with the threat of bringing in DC. I sense panic in the ranks... Just got to hope that the PJ are actually making some progress, there hasn't been a peep from them since Tractorman.

Bishop Brennan

Posts : 695
Reputation : 217
Join date : 2013-10-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Portuguese DENY that arrests are imminent

Post by PeterMac on 04.05.14 9:03

@Bishop Brennan wrote:So basically it's all out war between SY and PJ.  Pretty much as we had surmised here for a while.  PJ are having none of it.  Good for them.  Better things to do with their time I'm sure.  The recent media statements from SY and the McCanns now make perfect sense  - crude megaphone diplomacy with the threat of bringing in DC.  I sense panic in the ranks...   Just got to hope that the PJ are actually making some progress, there hasn't been a peep from them since Tractorman.  

I wonder if the PJ were waiting at "Arrivals" yesterday.

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Portuguese DENY that arrests are imminent

Post by TheTruthWillOut on 04.05.14 9:07

Call me cynical, but doesn't Tracey Kandohla reside in Rothley?

As you say Peter, stirring the pot and/or baiting the Portuguese for a real response. A "well-placed source" is just laughable.

TheTruthWillOut

Posts : 733
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2011-09-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Portuguese DENY that arrests are imminent

Post by russiandoll on 04.05.14 9:21

Could be as simple as a  bit of media manipulation. While the tabloid press and t v are concentrating on the lack of co-operation between the 2 countries and moaning about the slowness of foreign criminal justice, the detectives can get on with their work of investigation.

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Portuguese DENY that arrests are imminent

Post by AndyB on 04.05.14 9:26

@russiandoll wrote:Could be as simple as a  bit of media manipulation.
Yes of course it could be but to what end though? What does it achieve that staying silent couldn't'?

AndyB

Posts : 692
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-06-03
Age : 53
Location : Consett, County Durham

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Portuguese DENY that arrests are imminent

Post by By Numbers on 04.05.14 9:30

“They are not saying these things didn’t happen"

It must be hard to have to remain so diplomatic for so long. I didn't really read this story properly the first time, so the significance was lost. Are these numerous sexual assaults ones that people are only just reporting now? As in, 'Oh, I thought I should mention the sexual assault that happened years ago, as I've only just remembered it and also only just realised that that's what people do in these situations...'? 

'Yeah, me, too...'

'Yeah, and me. It was only when I heard he was "smelly" that I realised it must be the same person. I thought they were looking for someone swarthy but odourless.'

'I've also just remembered exactly the same thing. Right now. It's just as well there's been this recent media coverage as, prior to this, I was totally unaware that there were a couple called the McCanns who claimed their daughter had been abducted by paedophiles, but, when the words "pot belly" came into the mix, it all came flooding back. Smelly Belly -- I'll never forget that stomach.'

By Numbers

Posts : 33
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Portuguese DENY that arrests are imminent

Post by canada12 on 04.05.14 9:31

@PeterMac wrote:
@Bishop Brennan wrote:So basically it's all out war between SY and PJ.  Pretty much as we had surmised here for a while.  PJ are having none of it.  Good for them.  Better things to do with their time I'm sure.  The recent media statements from SY and the McCanns now make perfect sense  - crude megaphone diplomacy with the threat of bringing in DC.  I sense panic in the ranks...   Just got to hope that the PJ are actually making some progress, there hasn't been a peep from them since Tractorman.  

I wonder if the PJ were waiting at "Arrivals" yesterday.

I wonder that too. The press announcing that all and sundry would be in PDL for the 7 year anniversary... and then this "low-keyed" event in Rothley... some might even suggest, "last minute, change of plans" event...?

canada12

Posts : 1457
Reputation : 187
Join date : 2013-10-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Portuguese DENY that arrests are imminent

Post by By Numbers on 04.05.14 9:32

@AndyB wrote:
@russiandoll wrote:Could be as simple as a  bit of media manipulation.
Yes of course it could be but to what end though? What does it achieve that staying silent couldn't'?
It helps maintain an illusion. People actually believe the story because they can't get their head around the fact that it can't be true, as it's been printed in the papers.

By Numbers

Posts : 33
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Portuguese DENY that arrests are imminent

Post by Cristobell on 04.05.14 10:53

@Bishop Brennan wrote:So basically it's all out war between SY and PJ.  Pretty much as we had surmised here for a while.  PJ are having none of it.  Good for them.  Better things to do with their time I'm sure.  The recent media statements from SY and the McCanns now make perfect sense  - crude megaphone diplomacy with the threat of bringing in DC.  I sense panic in the ranks...   Just got to hope that the PJ are actually making some progress, there hasn't been a peep from them since Tractorman.  
We know that police investigations in Portugal are transparent BB, who knew the details of the original investigation would be put online and translated for public consumption?  

I expect there is a lot of motivation in the PJ to solve this crime.  They have seen a colleague persecuted and hounded for doing his job and each might think, there but for the grace of God go I, and what is this world where former arguidos are celebrated and hard working police detectives are ruined? As the head of the French police said in 2007, the irony of this case is the only person charged was the detective investigating it, or words to that effect. The McCanns and the British media insult the collective intelligence of the PJ, on a regular basis.  How patronising must it be, to the Portuguese officers, to hear Kate and Gerry once again telling them where they are going wrong.  

I am not in the least surprised the PJ are keeping schtum - they are focused on building a case for prosecution, not the whims of suggestions of those who have much to hide.

Cristobell

Posts : 2436
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-10-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Portuguese DENY that arrests are imminent

Post by Monty Heck on 04.05.14 11:26

@By Numbers wrote:
@AndyB wrote:
@russiandoll wrote:Could be as simple as a  bit of media manipulation.
Yes of course it could be but to what end though? What does it achieve that staying silent couldn't'?
It helps maintain an illusion. People actually believe the story because they can't get their head around the fact that it can't be true, as it's been printed in the papers.
Perhaps to put pressure on the Portuguese to co-operate with the current SY investigative approach.  No hope, however that KMcC lamenting about the slowness of the Portuguese and how much pain this is causing, that the PJ will be deflected from their current strategy, whatever that is.  Indeed, such comments from a former arguida whose point blank refusal to answer questions to assist their enquiry into the whereabouts of her missing child might be viewed as beyond irony, and no incentive whatever to assist SY in a line of enquiry which the PJ patently do not agree is valid.

Monty Heck

Posts : 470
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Portuguese DENY that arrests are imminent

Post by Silverspeed on 04.05.14 11:33

About time the PJ hit back. I hope there's more to come.

Silverspeed

Posts : 138
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2014-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Portuguese DENY that arrests are imminent

Post by Monty Heck on 04.05.14 11:48

@Silverspeed wrote:About time the PJ hit back. I hope there's more to come.
Completely agree.  High time the nonsense SY/TMcC are feeding the MSM is rebutted.  SY's PR should be ashamed.

Monty Heck

Posts : 470
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Portuguese DENY that arrests are imminent

Post by SixMillionQuid on 04.05.14 12:39

@By Numbers wrote:“They are not saying these things didn’t happen"

It must be hard to have to remain so diplomatic for so long. I didn't really read this story properly the first time, so the significance was lost. Are these numerous sexual assaults ones that people are only just reporting now? As in, 'Oh, I thought I should mention the sexual assault that happened years ago, as I've only just remembered it and also only just realised that that's what people do in these situations...'? 
A British invention as it appears none were reported directly to the PJ.

____________________
"It is my belief that Scotland Yard was set out on a mission, not one to find out what happened to Madeleine McCann but to rewrite the history of the case in such a way that the majority of the public simply forgets the past." - The Pat Brown Criminal Profiling Agency

SixMillionQuid

Posts : 436
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2013-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Portuguese DENY that arrests are imminent

Post by TheTruthWillOut on 04.05.14 12:49

At this point I would only believe a rebuttal if it is on camera by the lady leading the investigation at the PJ.

TheTruthWillOut

Posts : 733
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2011-09-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Portuguese DENY that arrests are imminent

Post by jeanmonroe on 04.05.14 13:31

@canada12 wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:
@Bishop Brennan wrote:So basically it's all out war between SY and PJ.  Pretty much as we had surmised here for a while.  PJ are having none of it.  Good for them.  Better things to do with their time I'm sure.  The recent media statements from SY and the McCanns now make perfect sense  - crude megaphone diplomacy with the threat of bringing in DC.  I sense panic in the ranks...   Just got to hope that the PJ are actually making some progress, there hasn't been a peep from them since Tractorman.  

I wonder if the PJ were waiting at "Arrivals" yesterday.

I wonder that too. The press announcing that all and sundry would be in PDL for the 7 year anniversary... and then this "low-keyed" event in Rothley... some might even suggest, "last minute, change of plans" event...?

Oh dear, the right Reverand Hubbard pacing up and down outside the church in PDL awaiting the 'arrival' of the saintly duo?

LONG WAIT, MY SON!

The PJ can make ANYONE (they deem) 'connected' to this 'case', arguido/arguida (person(s) of interest) if on Portuguese soil, as they have made the 'disappearance' of Madeleine McCann a 'LIVE' investigation..

I don't suppose we'll see all of the McCann's 'rellies' in their swimming costumes 'searching' for their 'missing' family member, in PDL, anytime soon.

imo, obviously.

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5133
Reputation : 886
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Portuguese DENY that arrests are imminent

Post by HelenMeg on 04.05.14 15:40

@jeanmonroe wrote:
@canada12 wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:
@Bishop Brennan wrote:So basically it's all out war between SY and PJ.  Pretty much as we had surmised here for a while.  PJ are having none of it.  Good for them.  Better things to do with their time I'm sure.  The recent media statements from SY and the McCanns now make perfect sense  - crude megaphone diplomacy with the threat of bringing in DC.  I sense panic in the ranks...   Just got to hope that the PJ are actually making some progress, there hasn't been a peep from them since Tractorman.  

I wonder if the PJ were waiting at "Arrivals" yesterday.

I wonder that too. The press announcing that all and sundry would be in PDL for the 7 year anniversary... and then this "low-keyed" event in Rothley... some might even suggest, "last minute, change of plans" event...?

Oh dear, the right Reverand Hubbard pacing up and down outside the church in PDL awaiting the 'arrival' of the saintly duo?

LONG WAIT, MY SON!

The PJ can make ANYONE (they deem) 'connected' to this 'case', arguido/arguida (person(s) of interest) if on Portuguese soil, as they have made the 'disappearance' of Madeleine McCann a 'LIVE' investigation..

I don't suppose we'll see all of the McCann's 'rellies' in their swimming costumes 'searching' for their 'missing' family member, in PDL, anytime soon.

imo, obviously.
I dont think the Mc Canns DARE go back to PdL. They fear they may be arrested. Hence Kate's need to mention that she visits PdL twice a year and walks the streets. She cant admit that they are afraid to go back so has to make the excuse that she goes there anyway to be close to Madeleine thus no need right now...   Kate's behaviour always follows the same pattern - saying what she wants us to believe in order to hide the truth. Its a very childlike way of behaving. Too ashamed to tell the truth 'I would feel too apprehensive about being in PdL right now ..' she makes up another lie to cover it up ' I go once or twice a year to PdL anyway to feel close to Madeleine..' . This is what children do and unfortunately it will be Kate's downfall. She never grew up to be responsible for her own actions - just takes the infantile route by telling incessant lies to hide the truth.. IMO

HelenMeg

Posts : 1782
Reputation : 192
Join date : 2014-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Portuguese DENY that arrests are imminent

Post by jeanmonroe on 04.05.14 16:11

HelenMeg.

Mr Jahan said: "Once you have started with one lie you have to make up 1,000 lies to cover that one."

"Once I had started (lying) there was no turning back."
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Riot victim's father Tariq Jahan admits lying to police

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-17596692

In court, it emerged Jahan had a previous conviction for false accounting and forgery and a conviction for conspiracy to rob in 1990.

He also received a caution for possession of cannabis in 2003 and a caution in 2004 for assault occasioning actual bodily harm, in which he had attacked his stepmother.

http://news.sky.com/story/8173/father-who-quelled-riots-spared-jail-for-gbh
-------------------------------------------
ASSAULT OCCASIONING ACTUAL BODILY HARM (ABH) IN WHICH HE HAD ATTACKED HIS STEPMOTHER!

What a guy! Hitting a woman!
--------------------------------------------------------------

Incidentally, this was the man who BOTH, Miliband and Cameron, described, praised and lauded, at the time 'as the type of HERO we need in the UK'

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5133
Reputation : 886
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Portuguese DENY that arrests are imminent

Post by PeterMac on 04.05.14 16:52

@jeanmonroe wrote:
Incidentally, this was the man who BOTH, Miliband and Cameron, described, praised and lauded, at the time 'as the type of HERO we need in the UK'
We are seeing a lot of "fallen heros and heroines' recently, with many more to come.
Judges, previous cabinet ministers, senior government advisors, senior editors,

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Portuguese DENY that arrests are imminent

Post by canada12 on 04.05.14 17:11

@PeterMac wrote:
@jeanmonroe wrote:
Incidentally, this was the man who BOTH, Miliband and Cameron, described, praised and lauded, at the time 'as the type of HERO we need in the UK'
We are seeing a lot of "fallen heros and heroines' recently, with many more to come.
Judges, previous cabinet ministers, senior government advisors, senior editors,

I'm one of the people who subscribes to the idea that it's who Kate and Gerry had (and have) the goods on that determined the level of protection they received and continue to receive.

I'm wondering whether this person is in line to be rumbled / arrested and his identity made public... and once this is out of the way, there would be no reason to continue to protect Kate and Gerry...? This could account for the timing of the re-opening of the investigation, especially in Portugal.

Just a thought, but it may be that SY are just spinning their wheels, waiting for this arrest to happen.

canada12

Posts : 1457
Reputation : 187
Join date : 2013-10-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Portuguese DENY that arrests are imminent

Post by lj on 04.05.14 19:37

But at a special prayer service in the McCanns’ home village of Rothley, Leics, dad Gerry, 45, said he and wife Kate had been buoyed by the Scotland Yard probe.
He said: “They are going back out to Portugal very soon. They are chipping away and there is new evidence.
“We are going to continue hoping we get a happy outcome – and one day we will know what’s happening.

Ho, that's a freudian slip there

____________________
"And if Madeleine had hurt herself inside the apartment, why would that be our fault?"  Gerry

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

Posts : 3275
Reputation : 148
Join date : 2009-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Portuguese DENY that arrests are imminent

Post by GRACEFUL1 on 04.05.14 23:04


GRACEFUL1

Posts : 127
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-01-29
Location : U.K.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Portuguese DENY that arrests are imminent

Post by ChippyM on 04.05.14 23:10

@GRACEFUL1 wrote:
  Ok, so it looks like SY. are not looking for an abducted girl!

"Scotland Yard detectives are preparing to go to Portugal to launch extensive digs in and around the holiday area where the youngster vanished seven years ago at the age of three. The tormented couple have been briefed by officers about their plans to search three sites near the Praia da Luz resort they were staying at.
It is understood a team of highly-skilled forensic officers will use radar equipment to look ­underground in the grim hunt for clues.
A source close to the McCann’s said: “Kate and Gerry have been told police will be conducting the searches in and around Praia da Luz as soon as they get the green light from Portuguese authorities.
“There will be earth diggers everywhere and it will look very dramatic and it will be a heartbreaking and hugely emotional time for Madeleine’s poor parents.
“They don’t believe police are acting on any new tip off. They just need to carry out their own digs, looking for any possible clues that Portuguese authorities may have missed on their previous searches.
“It will not be a mere fingertip search of certain areas, it will be full ground searches, using radar and other equipment. It is such a sensitive part of their investigation but it has to be done.


http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-latest-news-cops-3496784#ixzz30msMpIlv 
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook.  "




 And the M c's have been informed !

ChippyM

Posts : 910
Reputation : 129
Join date : 2013-06-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Portuguese DENY that arrests are imminent

Post by Watching on 04.05.14 23:42

@ChippyM wrote:
@GRACEFUL1 wrote:
  Ok, so it looks like SY. are not looking for an abducted girl!

"Scotland Yard detectives are preparing to go to Portugal to launch extensive digs in and around the holiday area where the youngster vanished seven years ago at the age of three. The tormented couple have been briefed by officers about their plans to search three sites near the Praia da Luz resort they were staying at.
It is understood a team of highly-skilled forensic officers will use radar equipment to look ­underground in the grim hunt for clues.
A source close to the McCann’s said: “Kate and Gerry have been told police will be conducting the searches in and around Praia da Luz as soon as they get the green light from Portuguese authorities.
“There will be earth diggers everywhere and it will look very dramatic and it will be a heartbreaking and hugely emotional time for Madeleine’s poor parents.
“They don’t believe police are acting on any new tip off. They just need to carry out their own digs, looking for any possible clues that Portuguese authorities may have missed on their previous searches.
“It will not be a mere fingertip search of certain areas, it will be full ground searches, using radar and other equipment. It is such a sensitive part of their investigation but it has to be done.


http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-latest-news-cops-3496784#ixzz30msMpIlv 
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook.  "




 And the M c's have been informed !

These people have completely lost the plot.  Time the men in white coats paid Mr & Mrs a house call, for the sake of Amelie and Sean, because it is all sickeningly frightening that Mr & Mrs have children in their care when they are a part of what we have witnessed in the press, and their interviews over this last few days,and in fact the last seven years.  Yes it's funny we laugh at statements like this at times:

“There will be earth diggers everywhere and it will look very dramatic and it will be a heartbreaking and hugely emotional time for Madeleine’s poor parents."


Who writes this stuff, Mitchell, Mr & Mrs?  Sounds like a trailer for Dr Who - Whoever it is really should take a long hard look at themselves, as a little girl almost certainly died in that holiday apartment, and it is treated as no more than a joke by the press, her parents, and every hanger on that Mr & Mrs are involved with.


It's pretty disgusting stuff.  They are making a mockery of the very short life little Maddie had on this earth.   Mr & Mrs are up there with some of the worst that I can think of!

Watching

Posts : 289
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-02-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Portuguese DENY that arrests are imminent

Post by Watching on 04.05.14 23:47

This thread and 'maddie cops to start digging up' thread are pretty much same, similar comments being posted on each, perhaps needing merged?

Cheers

Watching

Posts : 289
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-02-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum