The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Peaches Geldof found dead, aged just 25

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Peaches Geldof found dead, aged just 25

Post by aiyoyo on 10.04.14 21:11

Autopsy inconclusive awaiting toxicology findings.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Clocker on 11.04.14 12:30

@aiyoyo wrote:
@Clocker wrote:PM wrote:  But in what way is she public property and in what way is her death something that is supposed to affect us all? 

It's not necessary to affect us all but it does touch many. I think it depends where our personal interests lie as to how the death of people in the public eye affects us individually. I quite liked The Boomtown Rats when i was younger, admired Geldof when he did what he did for Ethiopia, I'm about the age PY would have been had she lived, children are around about the same age as the Geldofs oldest child so I've always been able to relate to them age wise whenever they have been in the news. I've always been interested in how the girls were growing up, i think due to their sad past and Geldof doing it alone. Ive basically always felt Geldof was a good man, how he adopted his ex wife's child, that was an act of kindness and love whichever way you look at it so the fact his daughter has died, leaving 2 babies and history seeming to repeat itself, I find tragic.

On the other hand, when Tony Benn died there was a thread on here with certain people leaving positive condolences, personally I didn't know anything about him other than he was an MP. Same with Trigger, I never really watched F and H so again, not really interested but these peoples deaths had an affect and interest on others for their own reasons, enough for them to post a comment. Just my view PM.

Not sure whether his insistence on adopting TIger Lily is act of kindness or spite against Michael Hutchene.
He went against the wishes of Hutchene's family who wanted Tiger Lily to be returned to them, denying them visitation right, never allowed her to go to her grandma Hutchene's funeral.  Had her name changed to Geldof against the wishes to Hutchene's family.  

It's not known whether Bob was there there for Peaches?  Was he just an absent father?
Peaches was a avid tweeter but never mentioned her dad.
It was reported Peaches died while home alone, her hushand and two children having gone to his mums. 
Police spent time combing over her place. Activity of Police seen going in and out of her garden shed carrying bags and bags of stuff packed in bin liners. That seems odd to me.
Apart from the part I have highlighted above, everything you so condescendingly have written is pure speculation, unless of course you're close friends of the Hutchenes family, highly unlikely. 
Are you seriously suggesting he adopted his ex wife's daughter out of spite against a dead man when he's not even here to know that it happened? How absurd a view. If the courts had felt Tiger Lily was best placed with the wider Hutchenes family she would have been placed with them. Isn't it that simple? Or was it a conspiracy?

Clocker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 11.04.14 12:55

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2602102/Peaches-Geldof-dead-11-month-old-son-husband-raised-alarm-wasnt-answering-phone.html

More information as to how concern was raised for Peaches and how she came to be found.

Back to top Go down

Post by Upsy Daisy on 11.04.14 13:02

Someone once wrote a comment which has stuck in my head for a long time ;-

" 'Charities' are nothing more than poor people in rich countries, giving money to rich people in poor countries".

Upsy Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsC on 11.04.14 13:51

Duplicated another post so deleted!

The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out...

Thomas Babington Macaulay

MrsC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 11.04.14 14:21

@clocker,
Which planet are you from?
Their life stories and nitty gritty had been all over MSM !

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 11.04.14 14:25

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2602102/Peaches-Geldof-dead-11-month-old-son-husband-raised-alarm-wasnt-answering-phone.html

More information as to how concern was raised for Peaches and how she came to be found.

So, so, sad, bless her.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sar on 11.04.14 14:33

@PeterMac wrote:
@sar wrote:Re: charity to foreign countries
some time ago I did a "fag packet" calculation and by my reckoning the figure given in aid to Haiti could be divided by the population giving every man woman and child approx $20,000USD  I understand "that's not how it works" but cannot get over why there seems to be very little accountability for charities.

I really would recommend "Dead Aid" by Dambisa Moyo.
She is scathing about the way the Western World dishes out its Aid, and thereby keeps Africa in particular in a permanent state of childlike dependancy.
Whether this is actually the aim of the Western World is of course another issue.

Her calculation is that Africa has received, over the last 50 years, the equivalent of $ 1,000 for every person on the planet, and has nothing to show for it.
And since she is African, she is allowed to address the questions about whether black people - as a population, not individually - are intellectually different, and therefore unable to drag themselves out of their mess. She brings in Jareth Diamond's work, and does not think too much of it - as I do not - since it simply provides a convenient excuse.
She also addresses colonialism, and shows how in itself it was not the cause of the present intractable problems.

Thanks PeterMac, will dig it out

sar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 11.04.14 14:41

Why was dog used on the scene? Strange!

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 11.04.14 16:10

Could have been a drug sniffer dog?
Not ALL Springer Spaniels are cadaver or blood dogs  smilie 

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 11.04.14 18:41

Châtelaine wrote:Could have been a drug sniffer dog?
Not ALL Springer Spaniels are cadaver or blood dogs  smilie 

I realise that, but the autopsy or toxicology would show drug use or not isn't it ?
Drug in the house is just possession in that case, and can't be used to indicate cause of death.
That's why I am surprised at the deployment of dog just to detect small quantity.
I'd imagine dog is used if you bust a drug dealer or supplier home, but on personal use ?

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 11.04.14 19:55

You're right, Aiyoyo [finally spelled your name correctly ...], but it was just an example of the many types of sniffer dogs. I read somewhere, that she had a heart condition, high cholesterol and was on a crash diet. Not a healthy combination IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by loopzdaloop on 13.04.14 23:34

I was unclear as to the media fawning over this privileged former(perhaps relapsed we shall see) heroin act daughter of a former heroin addict who also made a stupid decision and ended up dead. She posted a pic of herself and her mother on twitter as the last thing she did which to me suggests intentionality to follow suit. She made a decision, she knew the risks and she died. She spent a lot of time in expensive rehab so knew the risks. There is nothing 'tragic' about an informed individual making choices in life.

loopzdaloop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 13.04.14 23:45

What a nasty piece of work you are. You write as if to be a drug addict is to be the scum of the earth. Judgmental or what?

Please regard this as the end of a two part exchange as I do not believe the forum is for bickering, but I will not allow a post like yours to go without comment.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by loopzdaloop on 13.04.14 23:53

@russiandoll wrote:What a nasty piece of work you are. You write as if to be a drug addict is to be the scum of the earth. Judgmental or what?

Did I write that?

The fact is drugs destroy people and families and are destructive upon society as a whole.
As a daughter of someone who died of a heroin overdose who herself was a heroin addict that received a lot of money in private care and treatment at a rehab unit, she knew the risks and as such where is the tragedy? It was her choice and she was educated as to the risks. You gamble, sometimes you lose. I think the glorification of her through the media in death is unwarranted as through her privilege this was entirely her choice. Each day in this country someone dies due to drugs, where is the fawning over them and their situations?

loopzdaloop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 14.04.14 8:05

@loopzdaloop wrote:
@russiandoll wrote:What a nasty piece of work you are. You write as if to be a drug addict is to be the scum of the earth. Judgmental or what?

Did I write that?

The fact is drugs destroy people and families and are destructive upon society as a whole.
As a daughter of someone who died of a heroin overdose who herself was a heroin addict that received a lot of money in private care and treatment at a rehab unit, she knew the risks and as such where is the tragedy? It was her choice and she was educated as to the risks. You gamble, sometimes you lose. I think the glorification of her through the media in death is unwarranted as through her privilege this was entirely her choice. Each day in this country someone dies due to drugs, where is the fawning over them and their situations?

I agree with both your posts and if it is not your opinion RD, I am sure that in the heat of the moment you did not mean to call Loopzaloop what you did. A personal remark of that nature when it is a difference of opinion is in any case not allowed as the rules clearly state.

In short, re the topic under discussion, I believe the world would improve if people took responsibility for their actions.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 14.04.14 10:45

I don't think that anyone would disagree that the blanket coverage of an event such as this by the media is very distasteful but that's the way it is - stories involving "celebrities" sell papers.

I don't know if there's any evidence that Peaches was ever a heroin addict (or her mother either) and I remain open-minded as to the cause of her death. There were no drugs found in her house.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 14.04.14 14:43

@loopzdaloop wrote:

Did I write that?

Many of us do care about the tragic loss of Peaches Geldof.  As another poster pointed out, we always watch the famous babies that are born at the same time as our own.  People are interested, and people do care, and I struggle to understand why that should anger anyone?

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils on 14.04.14 18:05

Wow, what a sensitive thread this has turned out to be. I realise that the death of Peaches has stirred various emotions in people, so I'll try and tread carefully....

Firstly, I'd just like to make one thing clear: I think this is a very sad and tragic case. Two little boys have lost their Mum. A husband has lost his wife. Siblings have lost a sister and Bob Geldof has lost a daughter. That is awful - as the death of a loved one always is, especially at such a young age.

However, whilst I don't want to come across as insensitive, I'm afraid I would be a hypocrite if I were to start gushing about how talented and beautiful Peaches was. I couldn't see it myself. But that's just me. Maybe I missed out on something. My loss, perhaps.

And whilst I sympathise with any man grieving for his daughter, I have never been one of Bob Geldof's admirers. He's always struck me as highly over-rated and to me has always come across as very controlling, perhaps even bullying. Yes, he took on Tiger Lily when he didn't have to. But that doesn't not automatically raise him to sainthood. We have no idea what sort of Father he has really been.

(No I haven't read anything about him on David Icke's place.)

That's all.

Lance De Boils

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 14.04.14 18:26

@loopzdaloop wrote:I was unclear as to the media fawning over this privileged former(perhaps relapsed we shall see) heroin act daughter of a former heroin addict who also made a stupid decision and ended up dead. She posted a pic of herself and her mother on twitter as the last thing she did which to me suggests intentionality to follow suit. She made a decision, she knew the risks and she died. She spent a lot of time in expensive rehab so knew the risks. There is nothing 'tragic' about an informed individual making choices in life.

Tigger : I was certainly posting in the heat of the moment and my remark was the type of personal remark I make very rarely. I have cooled down somewhat but have to be very honest with myself; while I appreciate the subtle difference between the comment I made and one saying " that was a nasty piece of writing ",  the essence is the same, that there is imo something deeply unpleasant in it. You used the words " if it was not your opinion" about what I wrote. If it was not my opinion, I would not have written such a thing.

The forum admin will no doubt remind me as you have done that I have broken a rule by being so personal, but having read the above again in the cold light of day I have to say that my very strong words, which surprised even me, came from the heart and I can't honestly take them back.

Loopzdaloop : Please let me explain the reasons for my very strong words to you last night. I can appreciate that you are probably very offended by my having called you a nasty piece fo work. I could have called you simply a piece of work, avoided the word that will doubtless earn me a slapped wrist or more, but the meaning is the same. Here is why I made my personal remark to you regarding your post above.

1.  This topic has morphed from a series of straightforward comments on the death of this young woman into a critique of media treatment of the story. The media will, as we have seen, write anything to sell their product. Truth, respect and a feeling for a person's dignity and privacy have little or nothing to do with their MO.  You are entitled to your opinion that they have fawned over PG, I do not agree with you on this point, but it is not important.

2.  One very important thing is an assumption I inferred from your post, that PG died of a drugs overdose, either accidental or delibera. You have said above that SHE ALSO MADE A STUPID DECISION  AND ENDED UP DEAD. These words are a statement  that PG died in the same way as her mother.
 There has veen no cause of death established, and while I appreciate that because the PM was inconclusive and that the coroner will be waiting for the results of toxicology tests, this leads people to suspect drugs palyed a part in the death of PG, that is speculation and should not be stated as fact.

3  Supposing that we learn in time that drugs did play a part in her death, with or without alcohol as a contributing factor, I take exception to what I consider to be your very harsh, mean-spirited words above, which show a complete lack of empathy for a young person who has died and also your lack of knowledge about drug addiction.
An addict is ill and as such is deserving of compassion. Stupid decisions do not come into it, the only stupid decision having been the initial one to try the substance which would lead to serious problems.
 If this was an accidental overdose, then it is a tragedy that it was fatal. If this was a suicide, how can that be a stupid decision? The girl must have been deeply unhappy and irrational, not stupid.

Regarding PG's privileged life, she also had a rather lousy time losing her mother at age 11 in such awful circumstances. She did not asked to be born to a celebrity couple whose lives would make her own life rather volatile.

Her death is tragic, no more, no less, than any other death of a person in their mid-20s. I have never had any interest in her or her famous parents, but the media report on celebrities precisely because a lot of people are interested. I am more disappointed by media disregard for her family's privacy than by anything else.

Regardless of any reprimand or banning as the result of my words to you, I should be honest and also have the courage of my convictions and say that although Tigger was correct about my posting in the heat of anger, the fact is that my opinion has not changed and that the above post is deeply unpleasant
You asked me if you actually used the words "scum of the earth". You know that you did not and I think that you are intelligent enough to understand my meaning that your attitude of high-handed cold, harsh judgment left me with a very bad taste in my mouth.

According to you PG decided to kill herself as her mother had done, so she did not take any risks, her rehab had nothing to do with her apparent [ according to you] suicide.
Made a decision, died.
 No big deal then ?

I will let my words stand and should admin ask for an apology, one will not be forthcoming. I am aware of having broken a rule, but it is clear to me that belonging to the forum can't be as important to me as having my say when I read something which I consider to be unfair and outrageous.
I was appalled by what you wrote and if that gets me a ban, so be it.

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 14.04.14 18:42

I certainly have no problem with your last post, RD.

We don't yet know how Peaches died so talk of a drugs overdose - whether accidental or intentional - is premature and speculative.

Even if this does turn out to be the case, I for one certainly won't be judging her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 14.04.14 18:55

RussianDoll wrote:
Loopzdaloop : Please let me explain the reasons for my very strong words to you last night. I can appreciate that you are probably very offended by my having called you a nasty piece fo work. I could have called you simply a piece of work, avoided the word that will doubtless earn me a slapped wrist or more, but the meaning is the same. Here is why I made my personal remark to you regarding your post above.

RD you know that this forum does not accept personal remarks about posters, and although I have every sympathy with what you say and how strongly you feel I am glad that you realise you have broken forum rules.  I had not seen your remark, but now that you have brought it to my attention, I hope you understand that to be fair I will give you a slap on the wrists, and would expect in future that you do not repeat this.

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 14.04.14 19:08

Very fair as always CF, thank you.

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 14.04.14 21:01

Toxicology applies to ascertaining presence of chemical toxic in the body or not - poison, drugs, adverse chemical reaction ( alcohol poisoning for example ) kind of things.

Would imagine death by natural cause would come under and be evidenced at the internal autopsy stage.
The autopsy test was inconclusive about cause of death, hence the toxicology testings ......

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 15.04.14 11:23

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:I certainly have no problem with your last post, RD.

We don't yet know how Peaches died so talk of a drugs overdose - whether accidental or intentional - is premature and speculative.

Even if this does turn out to be the case, I for one certainly won't be judging her.
Bless you NFWTD, people like your goodself restore our faith in human nature.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum