The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Daily Mail - The truth about Labour's apologists for paedophilia:

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Daily Mail - The truth about Labour's apologists for paedophilia:

Post by Guest on 25.02.14 9:40

@plebgate wrote:
Clay Regazzoni wrote:
@plebgate wrote:

We have been asking for years why illegal porn sites are being allowed to be viewed in UK.   Will someone please answer this question,  Why wont the MPs ban it?

You do realise that the exact same filters that will be ostensibly used to block sites like those will also be used to block sites like this, don't you?

An unregulated internet is one of mankind's greatest hopes.
No CR I did not know that, some things have to be regulated imo to protect the vulnerable.   Should we let illegal sexual acts go unpunished in the real world?

It's very, very tricky. Stopping the abuse would be the best way to stop the images of the abuse, but it's a forlorn hope - however, in reality, I don't think your average Joe is in much danger of coming across extreme material in his everyday web browsing. But one thing is for certain - if you hear a politician of whatever flavour talking about internet regulation you can be completely sure that he has dissenting voices in his sights rather than anything more sordid.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Mail - The truth about Labour's apologists for paedophilia:

Post by plebgate on 25.02.14 9:43

I am not interested in the politics of it all CR, it is illegal and harms the vunerable.    It is the duty IMO for the strong (MPs) to protect them, why don't they just do it?

plebgate

Posts : 5445
Reputation : 1160
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Mail - The truth about Labour's apologists for paedophilia:

Post by Guest on 25.02.14 9:45

@plebgate wrote:I am not interested in the politics of it all CR, it is illegal and harms the vunerable.    It is the duty IMO for the strong (MPs) to protect them, why don't they just do it?

Judging by what seems to motivate most politicians, you'd have to suspect ££££'s.

ETA - I also have wondered if an abundance of internet porn is part of what keeps our youth so soporific, and is therefore considered a good thing by politicians. If the internet had been around when I was in my teens I think I would have literally died from the exertion.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Mail - The truth about Labour's apologists for paedophilia:

Post by plebgate on 25.02.14 9:50

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
@plebgate wrote:I am not interested in the politics of it all CR, it is illegal and harms the vunerable.    It is the duty IMO for the strong (MPs) to protect them, why don't they just do it?

Judging by what seems to motivate most politicians, you'd have to suspect ££££'s.
Could be,  but I hope that one of the papers will take this up now while the issue is (burning) hot and campaign to get them to do it.   The  wellbeing and future of all children should be put before any Politicians pocket.

Too many powerful people remaining silent about the issue and the media should be asking/shouting WHY?

plebgate

Posts : 5445
Reputation : 1160
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Mail - The truth about Labour's apologists for paedophilia:

Post by Research_Reader on 25.02.14 9:52

From what I know it is extremely hard to block all undesirable porn because much of it is hosted outside the UK. To adequately block it all you need a way of tracking it, and then a huge firewall around UK net access akin to the likes of China or North Korea. As Clay rightfully points out this would also end up blocking all kinds of other things that might be politically inconvenient for the establishment. Also, I can imagine a situation where censorship of 'illegal' porn would be the initial argument for the firewall, but then politicians (ironically probably like Harman) would gradually extend it to cover all kinds of erotica or even things like pictures of women in bikinis. The feminist pressure groups would definite push things in that direction.

I agree that illegal acts of harming people (eg child abuse) should be punished. But that is a separate issue from merely looking at things (not withstanding those people paying to look at images of child abuse, or otherwise supporting those who abuse children, which should also be punished). i.e. the child abuse police in this country can collaborate with the police in other countries like the Philippines when they discover abuse is occurring in their country. But this is a very different task from trying to police the whole Internet. 

Does this line of thinking extend to looking at drawings or written works that people find distasteful? Is the argument that people shouldn't profit from the titilation of human misery provided as entertainment? If so, half the trash magazines, tabloids and paperbacks in the supermarkets should be banned. Not to mention the trashy soaps which dominate prime-time terrestrial TV. (most of them seem to trade in offering human misery as low-level entertainment).

But that may not be a bad thing!

____________________

Research_Reader

Posts : 259
Reputation : 60
Join date : 2013-10-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Mail - The truth about Labour's apologists for paedophilia:

Post by plebgate on 25.02.14 9:53

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
@plebgate wrote:I am not interested in the politics of it all CR, it is illegal and harms the vunerable.    It is the duty IMO for the strong (MPs) to protect them, why don't they just do it?

Judging by what seems to motivate most politicians, you'd have to suspect ££££'s.

ETA - I also have wondered if an abundance of internet porn is part of what keeps our youth so soporific, and is therefore considered a good thing by politicians. If the internet had been around when I was in my teens I think I would have literally died from the exertion.
Oh dear?   IIRC you said that you and your wife have been together since childhood/teenagers, I guess she would not have been very pleased????

____________________
Judge Judy to shifty  witnesses   -    LOOK AT ME  -   Um is not an answer.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

Posts : 5445
Reputation : 1160
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Mail - The truth about Labour's apologists for paedophilia:

Post by plebgate on 25.02.14 9:57

@Research_Reader wrote:From what I know it is extremely hard to block all undesirable porn because much of it is hosted outside the UK. To adequately block it all you need a way of tracking it, and then a huge firewall around UK net access akin to the likes of China or North Korea. As Clay rightfully points out this would also end up blocking all kinds of other things that might be politically inconvenient for the establishment. Also, I can imagine a situation where censorship of 'illegal' porn would be the initial argument for the firewall, but then politicians (ironically probably like Harman) would gradually extend it to cover all kinds of erotica or even things like pictures of women in bikinis. The feminist pressure groups would definite push things in that direction.

I agree that illegal acts of harming people (eg child abuse) should be punished. But that is a separate issue from merely looking at things (not withstanding those people paying to look at images of child abuse, or otherwise supporting those who abuse children, which should also be punished). i.e. the child abuse police in this country can collaborate with the police in other countries like the Philippines when they discover abuse is occurring in their country. But this is a very different task from trying to police the whole Internet. 

Does this line of thinking extend to looking at drawings or written works that people find distasteful? Is the argument that people shouldn't profit from the titilation of human misery provided as entertainment? If so, half the trash magazines, tabloids and paperbacks in the supermarkets should be banned. Not to mention the trashy soaps which dominate prime-time terrestrial TV. (most of them seem to trade in offering human misery as low-level entertainment).

But that may not be a bad thing!
Oh come off it, the tabloid Page 3 and the likes (although I think should be banned) is not illegal and a far, far cry from the terrifying abuse that is inflicted on children, the disabled and others.    The excuse about other sites being blocked doesn't wash with me at all.   It  could be stopped and needs to be.

Too many liberals, too many excuses in this country by far for my liking.

plebgate

Posts : 5445
Reputation : 1160
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Mail - The truth about Labour's apologists for paedophilia:

Post by Research_Reader on 25.02.14 9:57

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
ETA - I also have wondered if an abundance of internet porn is part of what keeps our youth so soporific, and is therefore considered a good thing by politicians. 

That plus:

Dumbed-down education
Trashy TV
Trashy social media
Diminished opportunities for good physical exercise for many
Emotional problems due to widespread divorce
Increased emphasis on appearance
Boys, in particular, constantly being told that the girls are more intelligent than them and that they no longer have a needed role

Is it any wonder that the role models are now ofter gangster rappers and dumb models?

____________________

Research_Reader

Posts : 259
Reputation : 60
Join date : 2013-10-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Mail - The truth about Labour's apologists for paedophilia:

Post by plebgate on 25.02.14 9:59

@Research_Reader wrote:
Clay Regazzoni wrote:
ETA - I also have wondered if an abundance of internet porn is part of what keeps our youth so soporific, and is therefore considered a good thing by politicians. 

That plus:

Dumbed-down eduction
Trashy TV
Trashy social media
Diminished opportunities for good physical exercise for many
Emotional problems due to widespread divorce
Increased emphasis on appearance
Boys, in particular, constantly being told that the girls are more intelligent than them and that they no longer have a needed role

Is it any wonder that the role models are now ofter gangster rappers and dumb models?
Plus illegal use of drugs being tolerated.

plebgate

Posts : 5445
Reputation : 1160
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Mail - The truth about Labour's apologists for paedophilia:

Post by Guest on 25.02.14 10:03

@plebgate wrote:
Clay Regazzoni wrote:
@plebgate wrote:I am not interested in the politics of it all CR, it is illegal and harms the vunerable.    It is the duty IMO for the strong (MPs) to protect them, why don't they just do it?

Judging by what seems to motivate most politicians, you'd have to suspect ££££'s.

ETA - I also have wondered if an abundance of internet porn is part of what keeps our youth so soporific, and is therefore considered a good thing by politicians. If the internet had been around when I was in my teens I think I would have literally died from the exertion.
Oh dear?   IIRC you said that you and your wife have been together since childhood/teenagers, I guess she would not have been very pleased????

Er yes probably the less said about that the better! But it's an interesting point (although waaay off topic) to ponder how different our lives might have been if we'd been the same age now, with all the additional pressures that the youngsters today have on them (and I'm not even talking about that long ago really). Not easy for them, but all the ones I meet seem fairly balanced.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Mail - The truth about Labour's apologists for paedophilia:

Post by plebgate on 25.02.14 10:04

It is not only youngsters viewing this filth though.  Not off topic really as we are discussing paedophilia, but I have nothing further to add than the views I have already expressed.

plebgate

Posts : 5445
Reputation : 1160
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Mail - The truth about Labour's apologists for paedophilia:

Post by Guest on 25.02.14 10:05

@Research_Reader wrote:
Boys, in particular, constantly being told that the girls are more intelligent than them and that they no longer have a needed role


The diminishing of the male role in society in pure Harmanism though. That woman is pathologically sexist.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Mail - The truth about Labour's apologists for paedophilia:

Post by Guest on 25.02.14 10:08

@plebgate wrote:It is not only youngsters viewing this filth though.  Not off topic really as we are discussing paedophilia, but I have nothing further to add than the views I have already expressed.

Plebgate, I'm not arguing, I completely sympathise and largely agree with your views. I just wonder what, pragmatically, can be done about it. Remember there are likely to be a huge number of people absolutely overjoyed with the status quo. It's the way of the World, as the saying goes.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Mail - The truth about Labour's apologists for paedophilia:

Post by Research_Reader on 25.02.14 10:08

@plebgate wrote:Oh come off it, the tabloid Page 3 and the likes (although I think should be banned) is not illegal and a far, far cry from the terrifying abuse that is inflicted on children, the disabled and others.    The excuse about other sites being blocked doesn't wash with me at all.   It  could be stopped and needs to be.

Too many liberals, too many excuses in this country by far for my liking.

You prove my point about Page 3: Those who start by wanting to censor the material that is abhorent will push to censor the more innocuous material. Its a slippery slope and we've seen it again and again.

Do you actually understand the technical challenge of blocking UK access every 'bad' site such that no-one (not even those determined to search out such material) can access it without *significantly* curtailing the freedom to access innocent information by everyone? Also, who do you give the power to to decide what should be blocked? The mobile companies in this country have already put age-filter blocks on many innocuous websites just because political pressure groups don't like the information on those websites.

If abuse is to be fought it needs to be done in the most intelligent and practical ways in order to be effective. Have you considered the fact that putting up a firewall around web access could eventually lead to the sort of censorship that would make it even harder to expose abuse by the powerful?

____________________

Research_Reader

Posts : 259
Reputation : 60
Join date : 2013-10-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Mail - The truth about Labour's apologists for paedophilia:

Post by AndyB on 25.02.14 10:11

@plebgate wrote:The  wellbeing and future of all children should be put before any Politicians pocket.
You're conflating a free internet with sexual abuse of children and that is quite wrong. Child abuse existed long before the internet and the only thing that facilitates on-going child abuse is paedophiles having access to children and the state's continuing cover-up of the involvement of its senior members. Make no mistake, if a law was passed that blocked sites, albeit ostensibly to protect children, that law would be massively misused to prevent access to sites like this and any others (such as Needle Blog & The Slog)  that tell truths that the establishment don't want told. I can hear them now; "While there is an ongoing police operation into the abduction of Madeleine McCann its quite wrong to have idle speculation and gossip undermining the investigation and there are very clear law and order reasons for us to take the difficult decision to invoke the Plebgate act. Rest assured that the government has no intention of censoring legitimate debate but where there are wild conspiracy theories being banded about as fact it is incumbent upon us to take decisive action to protect the vast majority of law abiding citizens from these vile trolls".

Its hard enough to get the truth out there with our oppressive libel laws without giving the powers that be further help to suppress it

AndyB

Posts : 692
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-06-03
Age : 53
Location : Consett, County Durham

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Mail - The truth about Labour's apologists for paedophilia:

Post by ChippyM on 25.02.14 10:13

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
@plebgate wrote:I am not interested in the politics of it all CR, it is illegal and harms the vunerable.    It is the duty IMO for the strong (MPs) to protect them, why don't they just do it?

Judging by what seems to motivate most politicians, you'd have to suspect ££££'s.

ETA - I also have wondered if an abundance of internet porn is part of what keeps our youth so soporific, and is therefore considered a good thing by politicians. If the internet had been around when I was in my teens I think I would have literally died from the exertion.

I am laughing at that last comment but probably shouldn't!

   Child porn is already illegal, so you have to ask why our police aren't more successful with stopping it. I agree when you say you have to suspect the £££'s ...or even worse that a significant proportion of people in our government are involved in it one way or another, so don't want these things looked at too closely (remember operation Ore and the Blair government?) .  If the government banned access to certain websites, they are still there on the internet and the people that want to access them will find ways to get there. It would just mask a problem that is still there underneath.

   I don't think Harriet Harman will apologise as she has the nations apathy and disregard of abuse victims on her side. The horrible truth is that most of the public want to put their heads in the sand about the subject of child abuse and only ever get angry when there is a sterotypical 'bogeyman' type character that they can safely project their fears onto - which keeps the whole thing distant from real life. They just don't want to consider that 'respectable' figures in government or other walks of life could have anything to do with it. As a result, most people will not be in the least bit bothered about whether Harman apologises or not.

ChippyM

Posts : 910
Reputation : 129
Join date : 2013-06-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Mail - The truth about Labour's apologists for paedophilia:

Post by Cristobell on 25.02.14 10:17

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
@plebgate wrote:

We have been asking for years why illegal porn sites are being allowed to be viewed in UK.   Will someone please answer this question,  Why wont the MPs ban it?

You do realise that the exact same filters that will be ostensibly used to block sites like those will also be used to block sites like this, don't you?

An unregulated internet is one of mankind's greatest hopes.



 clapping 

Cristobell

Posts : 2436
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-10-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Mail - The truth about Labour's apologists for paedophilia:

Post by Research_Reader on 25.02.14 10:21

If people really wanted to stop emotional and physical abuse of children then perhaps we should look at two areas where we find the most vulnerable children:

(1) Care-homes (and also abuse of old people in care homes)

(2) Fatherless children living with a mother who has an endless revolving-door of boyfriends entering their lives. Children are safer with both biological parents present. A non-biological dad is far more likely to abuse a child*. But its politically incorrect to point this out.

The pain caused by point (2), incidentally, can be laid at the door of Harman and others like her who have whipped-up relationship discord for years (break down the nuclear family and you massively empower the government). And probably is far greater than her abhorrent allegiance with PIE.


*(this is, of course, not to diminish the many wonderful decent stepdads. I'm making an overall, statistical/societal point).

____________________

Research_Reader

Posts : 259
Reputation : 60
Join date : 2013-10-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Mail - The truth about Labour's apologists for paedophilia:

Post by Guest on 25.02.14 10:23

@AndyB wrote:
@plebgate wrote:The  wellbeing and future of all children should be put before any Politicians pocket.
You're conflating a free internet with sexual abuse of children and that is quite wrong. Child abuse existed long before the internet and the only thing that facilitates on-going child abuse is paedophiles having access to children and the state's continuing cover-up of the involvement of its senior members. Make no mistake, if a law was passed that blocked sites, albeit ostensibly to protect children, that law would be massively misused to prevent access to sites like this and any others (such as Needle Blog & The Slog)  that tell truths that the establishment don't want told. I can hear them now; "While there is an ongoing police operation into the abduction of Madeleine McCann its quite wrong to have idle speculation and gossip undermining the investigation and there are very clear law and order reasons for us to take the difficult decision to invoke the Plebgate act. Rest assured that the government has no intention of censoring legitimate debate but where there are wild conspiracy theories being banded about as fact it is incumbent upon us to take decisive action to protect the vast majority of law abiding citizens from these vile trolls".

Its hard enough to get the truth out there with our oppressive libel laws without giving the powers that be further help to suppress it

I also wonder what the scale of the problem actually is. I don't doubt such material exists, but I wouldn't take the likes of Jim Gamble's word for anything. Like so many quasi-Governmental organisations, the likes of CEOP and the NSPCC have a vested interest in overstating the scale of the problem in order to ensure their own funding. Everybody of course knows that child pornography is "out there" but how many will actually admit to ever having seen it? I also find it a bit disconcerting that, judging by some of the definitions that I've read, almost any picture of any child can be construed as pornography depending on the intent with which it is viewed.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Mail - The truth about Labour's apologists for paedophilia:

Post by Research_Reader on 25.02.14 10:27

Exactly. We need to find effective and practical ways of tackling the real problem without letting pressure groups and vested interests highjack the issue and poison everyones relationship with children. When I'm at the park with my niece and nephew I'm scared to even look at other children let alone speak to them, let alone help them if they fell over etc. This leaves children with a view that men are cold, and we all loose.

____________________

Research_Reader

Posts : 259
Reputation : 60
Join date : 2013-10-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Mail - The truth about Labour's apologists for paedophilia:

Post by tasprin on 25.02.14 10:42

The Slog

The LABoraTORY strikes again: Westminster adopts Jeremy Hunt approach on paedophile connections

By John Ward February 25, 2014

The only Cabinet Minister in 1982 with the initials ‘LB’

The Dave Lee Travesty nightmare of show trials pushes ever onwards, but verily I say unto you brethren, no legal hand shall touch the collar of our rulers. Jeremy Hunt shall avoid tax but remain in the Cabinet, and he shall try bending a BSkyB bid in Murdoch’s favour but remain a public servant. David Cameron shall take a bribe from the construction industry, and Michael Gove shall ignore every planning rule in Britain. Ed Balls shall cover up the mess at CoOp and continue as Shadow Chancellor. And of course, Harriet Harman shall at last be forced to face her NCCL past, and say simply, “These allegations are all completely untrue”. Lord Brittan, meanwhile, sits quietly somewhere, and thinks, “I am saying nothing”. As defences, they’re only a shade either side of Ezak Hunt’s “I have done nothing wrong”.

So today I would like to kick off a double-header here with the case of Lord (formerly Leon) Brittan. Let’s just lay out all that disturbingly consistent evidence, and then wonder why the cps is wasting its money on a sad old BBC DJ who has never kiddy-fiddled in his life.

This is a confiscation notice put out by what was then the Customs & Excise service in August 1982  :image:

It identified the owner of the material quite clearly as R H Tricker. This is Russell Howard-Tricker, still with us and resident in Amsterdam. He is a paedophile pimp and paedo-porn distributor of some note.

This is Howard-Tricker being helped across the road by a kindly Dutch vice cop :image:.

In the third paragraph down you will see quite clearly one video marked ‘LB’. The tape was of a British Cabinet Minister assaulting a young boy. From 5 January 1981 – 11 June 1983, Leon Brittan was the Home Secretary in Margaret Thatcher’s Cabinet. No other Cabinet members had a name fitting those initials: there is a JB and a KB and for all I know half the KGB, but there is only one LB….Leon Brittan.

As far as I know, Lord Brittan was also the only member of that Cabinet acquainted with Howard-Tricker. Tricker, now 72 and based in Amsterdam, is a former private school teacher convicted of child sex offences in the UK, who used his second career as a coach driver to ferry suitable boys from London. That is, he’s a child-trafficker. He is associated with a number of openly paedo clubs in Amsterdam, including Boy Cream and De Boy. He has been in Amsterdam, having fled the UK….in 1982. He also was associated (may still be, I’m unsure because it’s so secretive) with a vintage vehicle site called AEC. This runs railway services for children among many other things. It has 470 and is a totally closed site…odd for an innocent vintage vehicle organisation.

This is the classic paedophile pattern: get close to children by every means possible, and then flee to Amsterdam when caught. As you can see, it doesn’t bear much resemblance to the life history of Dave Lee Travis.
Howard-Tricker’s haul was seized and the LB tape seen. Home Secretary LB decided not to proceed

In November 1983, Geoffrey Dickens MP presented the first full dossier on Elm House to Home Secretary Leon Brittan. It disappeared.
Two other vicious paedophiles, Alan Williams and Warwick Spinks, are engaged in the same trade. Spinks was released early from prison last May, but nobody in the prison service seems interested in talking about it. Both men are known to Russell Howard-Tricker, who in turn is associated with Peter Glencross and John Rowe…known by elements in the Met to have been prime movers in the ‘change of usage) of Elm House from gay to paedo brothel.
All five men were members of PIE – the Paedophile Information Exchange. A dossier on PIE also went missing when Leon Brittan was a Home Office minister.
Over the weekend, Sunday Express staff were talking about a major splash naming “a former 1980s senior Conservative and confidante of Margaret Thatcher”. Instead, this is what ran on the inside pages:

I’ve marked up the key points left out of the article by the Express…which clearly got nobbled at the last minute:

1. The coach driver was Russell Howard-Tricker
2. The Amsterdam Tramway is another vintage vehicle cover for his activities.
3. The tape containing the video of a Cabinet Minister b*****ing a boy was marked ‘LB’.
Instead, however, the Daily Star – Dirty Dicky Desmond’s sister paper to the Express – decided to splash with this load of old drivel…. :image: Savile.
..which I deconstructed here last Sunday evening. Weapons of mass distraction and all that: why use a Tory paper to drop Cameron and Clegg in the PIE-poo when you can use it to put out more bollocks about BBC DJs?

Here’s why those two would indeed by wading upside down in poo if this ever got to Court: During late 2010, David Cameron hired Leon Brittan as a temporary Trade Minister. The recommendation came from….Nick Clegg. Clegg’s father is a very close friend of Leon Brittan.
What I’ve given you here is the tip of the iceberg incriminating the less than mysterious ‘LB’.
For many years (while Harriet Harman was a legal ‘brain’ at the NCCL) PIE was closely affiliated to that organisation. More on that later.

Last night at The Slog: I vote we get Miranda Moore QC to grill Leon Brittan

http://hat4uk.wordpress.com/2014/02/25/the-laboratory-strikes-again-westminster-adopts-jeremy-hunt-approach-on-paedophile-connections/

tasprin

Posts : 834
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-01-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Mail - The truth about Labour's apologists for paedophilia:

Post by Cristobell on 25.02.14 10:59

I really dislike the 'ban' word, all too often the public are schmoozed by the government to demand harsh laws that restrict freedoms and protect the government, not the people.

We are responsible for our own children, thank goodness, we should not be looking to people like Harriet Harman to take over our job.  Children brought up in a loving environment with parents who speak to them, will never be affected by anything they see on the net.  It simply isn't possible to protect our children from the big, bad world by banning outside influences that might harm them - where does it end?  In fact, where does it begin?  The McCanns don't want the twins to read about what happened to their sister, and its cost them £3m+ so far in trying to shut people up, good luck with that, its going to cost them many millions more if they continue down that path.

Its our job to prepare our kids for life, we can't hand it over to the authorities, nor can we blame them if it all goes wrong. A kid will only be disturbed or led astray by an image on the net if they are lacking in other areas of their lives.  If they are emotionally secure, it won't bother them a jot.  

You cannot prevent kids exploring, its what they do from the minute they can climb out of their cots.  By the time they get to their early teens (and in many cases, much sooner), their understanding of the internet is way beyond that of their parents.  Of course, some parents can stay ahead, for a short while, but the truth is, King Canute had more chance of stopping the tide, than parents do of stopping their children reading and seeing things not approved by them.

I went with the light hearted approach, when my 13 year old son struck up an online friendship with an 18 year old minx called Lollypop Happy, I merely pointed out that the curvaceous Lolly, was probably a 50 year old hairy arsed builder with no teeth.  It seemed to do the trick.  

Those kids or vulnerable people who would be 'affected' by the nasty stuff on the internet, would be 'affected' anyway and by absolutely any form of media.  A video nasty can be seen (and enjoyed) by millions - should it be banned because one solitary viewer saw it and became unhinged?

The only thing I want to see banned is the word BAN.

Cristobell

Posts : 2436
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-10-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Mail - The truth about Labour's apologists for paedophilia:

Post by Mirage on 25.02.14 11:04

I would like to know what Jim Gamble's job description is/was. I'm a little confused about his status now, as I understand he got side-booted when CEOP was incorporated into the NCA amid much ruffling of feathers.

I ask because it would seem we have enough paedophiles on our own doorstep to keep him busy 24/7 without the need for fact-finding trips to Thailand to find out from a brothel madam if she has any younger children on offer than the ones she just brought out. I don't buy any guff about this trip being necessary because of the international nature of the problem which was more than likely spawned here, looking at the various jaw-dropping documentaries you can view on Youtube. Besides, isn't international CEOP  (is it UN based?)  the outfit that should be tasked with the likes of Thailand?

____________________
Kate McCann: "It's too 'ot. Give 'im a minute."

Mirage

Posts : 1665
Reputation : 382
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Mail - The truth about Labour's apologists for paedophilia:

Post by Mirage on 25.02.14 11:11

Reflecting on that car crash of an interview by Harman, isn't the failure to take responsibility for actions and a haughty imperviousness to the opinions of others the very essence of sociopathy?

____________________
Kate McCann: "It's too 'ot. Give 'im a minute."

Mirage

Posts : 1665
Reputation : 382
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Daily Mail - The truth about Labour's apologists for paedophilia:

Post by Guest on 25.02.14 11:13

@Mirage wrote:I would like to know what Jim Gamble's job description is/was. I'm a little confused about his status now, as I understand he got side-booted when CEOP was incorporated into the NCA amid much ruffling of feathers.

I ask because it would seem we have enough paedophiles on our own doorstep to keep him busy 24/7 without the need for fact-finding trips to Thailand to find out from a brothel madam if she has any younger children on offer than the ones she just brought out. I don't buy any guff about this trip being necessary because of the international nature of the problem which was more than likely spawned here, looking at the various jaw-dropping documentaries you can view on Youtube. Besides, isn't international CEOP  (is it UN based?)  the outfit that should be tasked with the likes of Thailand?

I think we can only guess about how the likes of Ray Wire and Jim Gamble became so well informed about the "problem" of child pornography.

"Quick! Burn the witch! No, not me, you idiot - the witch!"

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum