The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Jill Havern
Forum owner

BBC promoting microchipping (article 10 Feb 2014)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BBC promoting microchipping (article 10 Feb 2014)

Post by Tony Bennett on 12.02.14 23:31

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BBC promoting microchipping (article 10 Feb 2014)

Post by Daisy on 13.02.14 0:06

If you start a thread on a controversial subject you should at least give a line or two of text to say why, or at least give your opinion on the topic. It's not good manners to just provide a link, light the touch paper, then run. (just my opinion)

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic72 on 13.02.14 4:00

@Daisy wrote:If you start a thread on a controversial subject you should at least give a line or two of text to say why, or at least give your opinion on the topic. It's not good manners to just provide a link, light the touch paper, then run. (just my opinion)
The title of the thread matches the post. Maybe Tony just wanted to bring it to our attention.

Thanks for the link Tony.

sonic72

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 13.02.14 6:25

........some people use it to  start their cars ............ spit coffee 

They've got nanotechnology now -  that chip they show is the equivalent of a 1950s computer.

Could this be merged with the RFID topic?

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 14.02.14 22:45

@sonic72 wrote:
@Daisy wrote:If you start a thread on a controversial subject you should at least give a line or two of text to say why, or at least give your opinion on the topic. It's not good manners to just provide a link, light the touch paper, then run. (just my opinion)
The title of the thread matches the post. Maybe Tony just wanted to bring it to our attention.

It's no secret that I hold Mr B in high regard. I'd still like to see him give his thoughts on the link he provided though, is this wrong?

Just hate hit & run posts, especially when the poster is more than capable of explaining why he/she deposited such a link.

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 14.02.14 23:06

@Daisy wrote:
@sonic72 wrote:

It's no secret that I hold Mr B in high regard. I'd still like to see him give his thoughts on the link he provided though, is this wrong?

Just hate hit & run posts, especially when the poster is more than capable of explaining why he/she deposited such a link.
As sonic72 stated, I just thought it would be of interest to some forum members.

As it happens, I am strongly opposed to microchipping and am not surprised to see that the BBC is promoting it without giving the other side of the argument. As in so many other things. I've not had a TV for 12 years so at least am free of supporting this propaganda vehicle. 

I regard the article as little short of promotion and propaganda for microchipping companies.

I am also going to be honest and say that although most of the Book of Revelation is written in symbolic language (see Revelation 1 v 1), I have many times dwelt on the precise meaning of Revelation 13 vv 15-18. Every time I see references to people having chips or RFID tattoos or whatever they are in their arms or on their foreheads, I ponder on Revelation 13 v 16. It's the subject of a lot of interest, as a quick Google search will confirm

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by diatribe on 14.02.14 23:18

@Tony Bennett wrote:

I've not had a TV for 12 years so at least am free of supporting this propaganda vehicle. 

I dispensed with my antiquated receiver after the 2005 Oval test match when terrestial TV failed to bid for the concession to televise live cricket.

diatribe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 14.02.14 23:38

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@Daisy wrote:
@sonic72 wrote:

As sonic72 stated, I just thought it would be of interest to some forum members.

As it happens, I am strongly opposed to microchipping and am not surprised to see that the BBC is promoting it without giving the other side of the argument. As in so many other things. I've not had a TV for 12 years so at least am free of supporting this propaganda vehicle. 

I regard the article as little short of promotion and propaganda for microchipping companies.

I am also going to be honest and say that although most of the Book of Revelation is written in symbolic language (see Revelation 1 v 1), I have many times dwelt on the precise meaning of Revelation 13 vv 15-18. Every time I see references to people having chips or RFID tattoos or whatever they are in their arms or on their foreheads, I ponder on Revelation 13 v 16. It's the subject of a lot of interest, as a quick Google search will confirm
Exactly, it's of much interest. That's why I thought you should share your opinion on the link you provided.

I'm strongly opposed to microchipping too, been following the subject long enough to know it's soon to be implemented through many nefarious means. Depends how many will fall for the next 'swine flu' vaccine or whatever virus they have lined up next I guess?

You also make sense with ref to revelations...

Unknown

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 15.02.14 9:36

Does anyone remember 'Logan's Run'?

It doesn't sound too far fetched nowadays.

It seems Revelations had it nailed well before that.

Micro-chipping - you have to have your pets micro-chipped if you want to move them across borders. It's compulsory.

Our medical records (in UK at any roads) are now available to be sent to 'other agencies'. It's a comfort to know that an individual can 'opt out' of this. What tosh is this? How do you know if your little 'x marks the spot opt-out' has worked.

Freedom of Information? Has anyone ever tried to get their medical records? It's not easy. What will happen if you write to your practitioner for a statement to prove that your medical records/info hasn't been shared with any other agency?

I suppose you'll get some sort of response akin to the response Tony Bennett gets when he makes a FOI request - which is basically - we're only prepared to tell you what we want you to know at a cost of a few quid - and if you ask again and again for clarification you're vexatious so sod off.

Logan's Run anyone?

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 15.02.14 9:44

@aquila wrote:Our medical records (in UK at any roads) are now available to be sent to 'other agencies'. It's a comfort to know that an individual can 'opt out' of this. What tosh is this? How do you know if your little 'x marks the spot opt-out' has worked.
The very day that an NHS leaflet came round to the house* (in amongst the pizza delivery leaflets), I walked to the Dr's surgery and said 'I want to opt out'. It was about 2 weeks ago.

The Practice Manager said: "I'll make a note on your file".

I said: "I will require a letter from the practice confirming that my data will not under any circumstances be supplied to this computer database".

He said: "That's not necessary. But if you want me to write and confirm it, you'll have to provide me with a stamp".

As it happens, I carry a supply of stamps with me and gave him a 2nd class stamp, and addressed an envelope for reply.

Next morning I received a letter saying that my file had been clearly marked that my data would not be provided to this database.

[ * in a recent survey of the public, only 1 in 3 said they had received this leaflet ]

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 15.02.14 9:54

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@aquila wrote:Our medical records (in UK at any roads) are now available to be sent to 'other agencies'. It's a comfort to know that an individual can 'opt out' of this. What tosh is this? How do you know if your little 'x marks the spot opt-out' has worked.
The very day that an NHS leaflet came round to the house* (in amongst the pizza delivery leaflets), I walked to the Dr's surgery and said 'I want to opt out'. It was about 2 weeks ago.

The Practice Manager said: "I'll make a note on your file".

I said: "I will require a letter from the practice confirming that my data will not under any circumstances be supplied to this computer database".

He said: "That's not necessary. But if you want me to write and confirm it, you'll have to provide me with a stamp".

As it happens, I carry a supply of stamps with me and gave him a 2nd class stamp, and addressed an envelope for reply.

Next morning I received a letter saying that my file had been clearly marked that my data would not be provided to this database.

[ * in a recent survey of the public, only 1 in 3 said they had received this leaflet ]
This needs a separate thread Tony. Would you like to open it?

Amongst the pizza delivery glossy leaflets I received was also an important thing just slipped in there - something so important that it was stealthily delivered through my letterbox with junkmail. I chucked away the fast food leaflets but I kept the NHS crap.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 17.02.14 14:58

@Tony Bennett wrote:

As it happens, I carry a supply of stamps with me

You are my dad, and ICM£5 (preferably not in stamps).

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum