The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Breaking News 4 SY Detectives in Portugal Brunt reporting Now

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Breaking News 4 SY Detectives in Portugal Brunt reporting Now

Post by aiyoyo on 31.01.14 21:37

@NickE wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:It's on files PJ interviewed all 130 of its employees ( including Murat's current wife ex-husband pool maintenance guy) I should think  so.

Where could the 3 men possibly hide Madeleine if she's alive, and gone unnoticed for 7 long years ?
You would think they would have fled or damped Madeleine by now given the attention of the media and Police in the case.
Yet we are expected to believe they're still hanging around PDL or vicinity waiting for a royal visit from Redwood & entourage.

We have Tannerman, Crecheman, Tractorman, but no names/aliases for this trio yet.   "The Three Musketeers"?
According to Ian Hitchings source in Portugal.
One of the three men is British, and what I can see, there were two men with British names employees at OC at the time,one of them has employee number:1" and has worked there since 1984,he can we maybe count off.
Only one left.

Hopefully the one left is the last of the 41 POI, and Redwood and his elite team can start arrested people in UK.
The Portuguese are not hopeful SY work will come to a fruitful conclusion, believing it will turn out to be a big bleaching exercise.  
They believe SY brought nothing to the table, no new evidence, nothing that indicates imminent arrest of the pair.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

CAR HIRE

Post by PeterMac on 01.02.14 13:58

Why did they hire a car?
And why such a huge one.
Faro airport to RUA DO MUNICÍPIO is 7.5 km (4.6 miles) and google maps quotes it as 13 minutes
They had two small hand luggage cases, and a couple of lever arch files.
So why not get a taxi.
They arrived on Monday, and one supposes went to their hotel
They met their counterparts on Tuesday at 10, for a three hour meeting.
Then lunch in the pizzeria
They left on Wednesday, and we know the flight was slightly delayed.
Did they go to PdL after lunch, or just tool around in the marina ?

Why did they need such a huge and expensive car ?

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils on 01.02.14 15:07

@PeterMac wrote:Why did they hire a car?
And why such a huge one.
Faro airport to RUA DO MUNICÍPIO is 7.5 km (4.6 miles) and google maps quotes it as 13 minutes
So why not get a taxi.

I would suggest that the 3 hr meeting we've been told about was not the sole purpose of their visit. I'm sure they'd have had a packed itinerary for their short stay and that we've only been told about the part they wanted us to know about.
Just my way of thinking.

Lance De Boils

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on 01.02.14 15:17

And why such a huge one.
So why not get a taxi.

If they had a meeting at 10 on the Tuesday, a 3 hour meeeting, then say an hour for lunch, that takes them up to 2 p.m. so what did they do from 2 p.m. to say 10 p.m. on the Tuesday.  Hmmm, did they have other people to pick up on the way to somewhere and where could that somewhere have been. Huelva perhaps?  It's a trip of 1 hour 14 mins according to the internet.   I'm clutching at straws but anything's possible.

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 01.02.14 15:22

It certainly does seem odd for all four senior officers to go for a three hour meeting.
Bearing in mind the time lag involved with translation, the equivalent meeting wholly in English would only be, say, 45 minutes.
And that would include coffee and biscuits, and a comfort break.
Then there is "Date of reunion", design of tie, agreement on what is going to be released . . .

Very strange, the whole thing.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 01.02.14 15:23

And why such a huge one.
So why not get a taxi.

One of the photographs I saw shows one of the men with a large suitcase on wheels. It was at an airport check in. Sorry I have looked but cannot find the photograph. I thought when I saw it, 'oh did he draw the short straw to carry the golf gear in disguise' sorry it was just what came straight to mind.

Nina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE on 01.02.14 15:28

Sorry if this have been posted before.

Agentes britânicos em Portugal devido ao caso 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdXGwvhZwM4

Transcript
Marisa Rodrigues (Voice Over) - The images captured by a British newspaper show four Scotland Yard detectives in Faro for another meeting at the Polícia Judiciária. On the table, the next steps of the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, a set of steps defined jointly with the heads of the PJ Directorate of Faro and of the Criminal Investigation Department of Portimão. A meeting that takes place following a letter rogatory for a number of investigative steps requested by the English detectives. The most urgent, to question three men that worked in the Ocean Club, in Praia da Luz at the time when the girl disappeared. The British investigation classifies the men as 'people of interest' because they made a high and abnormal number of phone calls on the night of May 3, 2007. It is also requested that searches are made and bank statements analysed. The British press writes that the detectives believe that Madeleine is alive and want to make arrests, however arrest warrants weren't issued and the PJ does not give any explanations.

Marisa Rodrigues - It is not the first time that a meeting similar to this one takes place, the English authorities request them frequently and the PJ accepts them. It is not yet certain that the British detectives will come to the Algarve to accompany the investigative steps, no request was made in that regard to the National Directorate of the Judiciary Police. The image is by Marcos Soares Pereira, Marisa Rodrigues, TVI.

NickE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on 01.02.14 15:33

@PeterMac wrote:It certainly does seem odd for all four senior officers to go for a three hour meeting.
Bearing in mind the time lag involved with translation, the equivalent meeting wholly in English would only be, say, 45 minutes.
Then there is "Date of reunion", design of tie, agreement on what is going to be released . . .

There is simultaneous translation which is used in international conferences, board meetings etc through earphones.

Are you wearing your sceptic head today, PeterMac?   smilie 

AR said in the Crimewatch programme that he was "fighting for Madeleine" I truly hope he is, otherwise his life will not be worth living if he lets her down and thousands of us who are also fighting for her and have been for almost 7 years.

His every move and utterance are already under huge scrutiny by people on the world wide web so if there is any cover up with regard to Madeleine his reputation will be in the gutter, IMHO, of course.

Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sami on 01.02.14 15:41

@PeterMac wrote:

The photos looked staged.  That was my immediate first impression.  Next question I had was why, as a pap photographer, was the snapper happy with that lot ?  Was he not in the least interested about what Andy did next ?

So photos at airport, then one series of shots with an impressive amount of paperwork, then nothing.  Not very curious that photographer.

sami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE on 01.02.14 15:43

@PeterMac wrote:It certainly does seem odd for all four senior officers to go for a three hour meeting.

Do you think PJ have told SY why they reopen the investigation back in October??

NickE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on 01.02.14 15:47

@sami wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:

The photos looked staged.  That was my immediate first impression.  Next question I had was why, as a pap photographer, was the snapper happy with that lot ?  Was he not in the least interested about what Andy did next ?

So photos at airport, then one series of shots with an impressive amount of paperwork, then nothing.  Not very curious that photographer.

Perhaps they slipped out of a back door when he wasn't looking so they couldn't be followed, or perhaps I've been watching too many TV cop programmes.   big grin

Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE on 01.02.14 15:53

OT,but check this out.

NickE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 01.02.14 15:55

There was one of the pizzeria with them apparently having lunch.
Perhaps the pap went for his own lunch and they were gone by the time he had finished his sardine.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sami on 01.02.14 16:01

@Newintown wrote:
@sami wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:

Perhaps they slipped out of a back door when he wasn't looking so they couldn't be followed, or perhaps I've been watching too many TV cop programmes.   big grin

That's it.....they had a high speed boat moored at the back of the pizzeria.  Out the back door and off they went.  That's why Mr Redwood is a DCI and I'm an Internet nutter.  big grin

sami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by haroldd2 on 01.02.14 16:15

And why such a huge one.
So why not get a taxi.
Good questions.

Some more. Who set the photos up? I strongly doubt it was opportunistic. Lunch in a pizzeria sounds as though they were posing. They were aware they were being filmed. They could surely have gone somewhere out of sight. Then again, they may have been surprised and then received tactical advice to go for a limited hangout. If so, what might be missing?

The story focuses on "4 cops". So have all 4 men in the photos been identified? Were they definitely all police officers? Did any other British official, e.g. working for another part of the British state, attend the meeting? That could be someone in a photo or someone who's not in any photo.

@PeterMac wrote:Why did they need such a huge and expensive car ?
It was on expenses. Why does a dog lick its town halls? Because it can. Seriously, the car isn't really 'huge' in the circumstances.

Who did they hire it from? Given the number of businesses in the Algarve that are owned by Brits, I'd be interested to know. I'm sure they were careful which hotel they stayed at!

haroldd2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 01.02.14 16:22

I was of course assuming a rental firm at the airport - there are 7 listed including Hertz.
But the time to fill in all the documents and do the formalities would be significantly longer than just taking the next taxi or two, on the rank outside.

to re-cap many of the photos are at
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2547650/Madeleine-McCann-detectives-fly-Portugal-talks.html

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on 01.02.14 16:26

@PeterMac wrote:I was of course assuming a rental firm at the airport - there are 7 listed including Hertz.
But the time to fill in all the documents and do the formalities would be significantly longer than just taking the next taxi or two, on the rank outside.

to re-cap many of the photos are at
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2547650/Madeleine-McCann-detectives-fly-Portugal-talks.html

Do you know for sure if was a rental car PM.  Could it have been left for them by the PJ to be picked up when they arrived at the airport?

Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 01.02.14 16:28

Has Redwood ever been to PdL, to the best of anybody's knowledge? I would think it totally reasonable for him to check out the lie of the land, get a feel for the place at first hand.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasputin on 01.02.14 16:28

This little display by the suited and booted probably cost more than the entire help afforded to Kerry Grist ( Ben Needhams mother ) .

Rasputin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mysterion on 01.02.14 16:36

A location or locations visit seems likely where taxis would be inappropriate. Maybe there are police rules about it.

In addition to Huelva, the area know as The Triangle in SW Algarve may be of interest as it was mentioned in the Amaral documentary.

mysterion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 01.02.14 16:46

@Newintown wrote:
Do you know for sure if was a rental car PM.  Could it have been left for them by the PJ to be picked up when they arrived at the airport?
COULD, of course but highly unlikely.
Car too new and too high a spec for PJ - who are suffering cuts like everyone else.
Too complicated to leave keys, directions, when a PJ man could just act as chauffeur and meet them off the flight - I am surprised this was not done, by the way, but since is only one of what we now discover has been regular visits they are perhaps beyond this phase, and are making their own way around and exploring.
Would still need insurance cover, separate from the PJ's own.
so on balance - rental.
AND
Why didn't they fly home on Tuesday evening. There is an EZY flight at 1945.
What were they doing on Tuesday afternoon and evening ?

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 01.02.14 16:57

PM:
--------------------------------------------

Playing 'CLUE', the 'classic Detective board game'?

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 01.02.14 17:18

@PeterMac wrote: [...].
so on balance - rental.
AND
Why didn't they fly home on Tuesday evening. There is an EZY flight at 1945.  
Rental car: Yes.
AND ... what were they doing on Monday evening?

I can only guess [and hope], they've been doing a "look around" and "asking some questions" ...

ETA the Tuesday morning "photo-op" looked IMO very much orchestrated and in line with "look over here, don't look there" ...
 winkwink

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 01.02.14 18:26

The mystery to me is why 4 detectives?   I could accept 2 or 3 at a push.  Maybe one was a Portuguese speaker.  Maybe they were from another agency other than SY, like CPS.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 01.02.14 21:24

I know that a number of the stills were from a photo agency, but it is interesting to see the subliminal image of the "pink’un" throughout the first half of this clip.
I assume from this that we can safely gather where the ‘source’ of this tip-off came from.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdXGwvhZwM4

We have all been anticipating the libel trial to continue/finish any day over the last week or so and in order to continue the crap that has been coming out in the press over the last few weeks,  clogging up the papers, what better way than to: find out there was going to be/suggest/help organise/cover costs of (delete as you see fit) another trip over, with the magical appearance of the photographers for the photo-shoot, who have been very noticeably conspicuous by their absence on the previous trips.

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum