The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Reasons to be cheerful from The Telegraph 30mins ago

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Reasons to be cheerful from The Telegraph 30mins ago

Post by ultimaThule on 10.01.14 14:07

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/10563621/Madeleine-McCann-Scotland-Yard-requests-more-help-from-Portugal.html

By Sam Marsden
1:30PM GMT 10 Jan 2014

Scotland Yard detectives investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann have formally asked Portugal for more help with their inquiry.
Police refused to give any details about the nature of the assistance being sought, but the move appears to suggest that fresh suspects or promising new lines have been identified.
The Crown Prosecution Service sent a second “International Letter of Request” to the Portuguese authorities on behalf of the Metropolitan Police this week.
The first letter asking for help was submitted to Portugal as Scotland Yard announced it was launching a full investigation into the case, codenamed Operation Grange, in July last year.
Over the summer British detectives sent further International Letters of Request to 30 other countries, most of them in Europe.
The requests relate to persons of interest and unidentified mobile phone numbers that were recorded in Praia da Luz in southern Portugal around the time that Madeleine, then aged three, went missing from her family’s holiday flat on May 3, 2007.
Because British police have no jurisdiction to operate overseas, they must ask their counterparts in other countries to carry out investigative work and interview suspects on their behalf.
Under European Union rules, member states are expected to comply with requests like these made under Mutual Legal Assistance Treaties.
Portugal’s attorney general announced in October that his country’s investigative Policia Judiciaria had reopened their inquiry into Madeleine’s disappearance after receiving new evidence.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said on Friday: “We can confirm that a second International Letter of Request has been sent to the Portuguese authorities by the Crown Prosecution Services this week in connection with Operation Grange.”

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reasons to be cheerful from The Telegraph 30mins ago

Post by jeanmonroe on 10.01.14 14:14

AGH! NO 'smiley' pictures of 'our' Kate on their page.

Still, probably getting the 'sad face' ready for the next appearance in Portugal.

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 10.01.14 14:16

The official statement is this:

“We can confirm that a second International Letter of Request has been sent to the Portuguese authorities by the Crown Prosecution Services this week in connection with Operation Grange.”

Everything else in the report is conjecture. And as I've mentioned in another thread, it makes me wonder whether the '3 burglars' story was spun to the press by Team McCann in anticipation of this announcement.

whatliesbehindthesofa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hopespringseternal on 10.01.14 14:19

Is this like us booking our hols for 2014, 'cept they don't do it with Thomas Cook? Apologies to any of our members who are fine, upstanding policemen + women, but I'm becoming highly  censored with all this now.

Hopespringseternal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 10.01.14 14:36

Listen up folks, we have more reasons to be cheerful than they do. So enjoy!    dance

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 10.01.14 14:59

I'm inclining to the view that more than a few individuals in this case are in need of a sound thrashing with something a tad more substantial than a rhythm stick, Mirage.   yes

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangled Web on 10.01.14 15:06

'Fresh suspects'  pray2 

Tangled Web

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spook on 10.01.14 16:22

Ultima Thule wrote:Portugal’s attorney general announced in October that his country’s investigative Policia Judiciaria had reopened their inquiry into Madeleine’s disappearance after receiving new evidence.

If the PJ have indeed reopened the investigation then, I believe, the McCanns will have had their arguido status reinstated. This will account for the total silence from them since the announcement that the PJ had reopened the case.

Spook

Spook

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 10.01.14 16:40

@ultimaThule wrote:I'm inclining to the view that more than a few individuals in this case are in need of a sound thrashing with something a tad more substantial than a rhythm stick, Mirage.   yes

spit coffee

Smokeandmirrors

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi on 10.01.14 16:48

"most of the countries in europe?"  outside europe too? Canada, about the Hubbards?

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi on 10.01.14 16:50

@Tangled Web wrote:'Fresh suspects'  pray2 

This is nice and cute!

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi on 10.01.14 16:57

Probably the fund has to do with this message?

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi on 10.01.14 17:06

For a while not arguidos, I hope. Too many rights! Just being interrogated as witnesses.

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by flamingboy on 10.01.14 17:14

@marconi wrote:For a while not arguidos, I hope. Too many rights! Just being interrogated as witnesses.

Just as sure as 'all roads lead to Rome', thus, 'this case leads directly to the Mccanns'.

The sooner they are under the spotlight, the better. SY, stop goofing around and get your fingers out please.

flamingboy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangled Web on 10.01.14 17:15

Any live suspects will be an improvement! Preferably with their surnames starting in Mc and ending Cann  big grin 

Tangled Web

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 10.01.14 18:09

@marconi wrote:For a while not arguidos, I hope. Too many rights! Just being interrogated as witnesses.

That will do for me for a start,just hope we don't have to wait much longer

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi on 10.01.14 18:41

To me it is again a proof that it was not a whitewash. From the first second I knew that Cameron's open letter was honest and that the Yard was serious.
May God bless them all.

The thank words of Redwood on the Crimewatch of November the 29th, and brightly explained by Cristobell, really insinuated a lot!

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hongkong Phooey on 10.01.14 19:05

@marconi wrote:To me it is again a proof that it was not a whitewash. From the first second I knew that Cameron's open letter was honest and that the Yard was serious.
May God bless them all.

The thank words of Redwood on the Crimewatch of November the 29th, and brightly explained by Cristobell, really insinuated a lot!
There is nothing in that article to suggest it's not a whitewash, they may very well be trying to find out what the Portuguese have that allowed them to re-open the case so they can counteract it.

Hongkong Phooey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 10.01.14 19:19

@Hongkong Phooey wrote:
@marconi wrote:To me it is again a proof that it was not a whitewash. From the first second I knew that Cameron's open letter was honest and that the Yard was serious.
May God bless them all.

There is nothing in that article to suggest it's not a whitewash, they may very well be trying to find out what the Portuguese have that allowed them to re-open the case so they can counteract it.

My first thought too, HF, I'm afraid.

See the cynicism SY has sown! It's called reputation damage. I hope they realise the deep do-do they're in. It will be a long climb back for the MET from this collapse of confidence and respect. It's almost tangible in the country due to their reprehensible behaviour.

They need of a proper leader to pull clear of this mess. I hope to God someone reads the warning signs and acts quickly. Boris??? Theresa??? Cameron??? Someone???

Plebgate could be significant now. Very significant for us here.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 on 10.01.14 19:41

I have to concur with HongKong Phooey and Mirage.

There are loads of reasons they might ask for this, that or anything but to arrest the McCann's I feel is the least likely.   Last time they sent the request nothing happened despite many thinking this was SY's preemptive strike.   

No doubt it is just another piece of red tape that makes good headlines to make it look like they are actually doing something.  I strongly believe that if they wind this up accomplishing nothing they will want to blame lots of things like a PJ botch up and lack of cooperation.

Pershing36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 10.01.14 20:21

@Mirage wrote:
@Hongkong Phooey wrote:
May God bless them all.

See the cynicism SY has sown! It's called reputation damage. I hope they realise the deep do-do they're in. It will be a long climb back for the MET from this collapse of confidence and respect. It's almost tangible in the country due to their reprehensible behaviour.

They need of a proper leader to pull clear of this mess. I hope to God someone reads the warning signs and acts quickly. Boris??? Theresa??? Cameron??? Someone???

The Met's long history of corruption and ineffective policing has made it a failing force which is vulnerable to having its budget drastically reduced and being placed under the equivalent of special measures when its 'Head Office' moves from its current location in the not too distant future.

Plebgate is significant in that it's yet another scandal which has left NSY in dire need of a spectacular success that may go some way to restoring confidence in what should be a police force which embodies superior skills and exemplary conduct befitting the nation's capital city.

Lining up a few of the ongoing major investigations as if they were appearing on a fruit machine, it seems to me that the one most likely to produce a jackpot which can begin to restore NSY's reputation in the fastest possible time is Operation Grange.  smilie

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on 10.01.14 20:22

Just thinking down the line a little... if (big if) this case is closed by SY without arresting the most likely suspects, I wonder if the PJ might release all of the files they've shared with SY, in the same way that they made a lot of the previous files public.

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 10.01.14 21:25

@ultimaThule wrote:
@Mirage wrote:
@Hongkong Phooey wrote:
May God bless them all.

The Met's long history of corruption and ineffective policing has made it a failing force which is vulnerable to having its budget drastically reduced and being placed under the equivalent of special measures when its 'Head Office' moves from its current location in the not too distant future.

Plebgate is significant in that it's yet another scandal which has left NSY in dire need of a spectacular success that may go some way to restoring confidence in what should be a police force which embodies superior skills and exemplary conduct befitting the nation's capital city.

Lining up a few of the ongoing major investigations as if they were appearing on a fruit machine, it seems to me that the one most likely to produce a jackpot which can begin to restore NSY's reputation in the fastest possible time is Operation Grange.  smilie

You speak my kinda language. And tell 'em from me a pineapple, pear, cherry and banana won't cut it!  big grin

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by debs on 10.01.14 21:29

Tomorrow's Times is going to say that the request from Scotland Yard to the PJ is about the 3 prime suspects we heard about before

"Scotland Yard detectives investigating the abduction of Madeleine McCann last night formally requested help from the Portuguese authorities after British detectives identified three prime suspects.
In a significant move, the Crown Prosecution Service sent an International Letter of Request to Portuguese authorities.
The Scotland Yard investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine has revealed a gang of burglars were operating near to where she was abducted in May 2007."

The Times

debs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 10.01.14 21:29

Why would the 'elitist' of BHH's 38 Met 'elite' Madeleine Cops team request help from anyone?

Let alone 'help' from a bunch 'of sardine munching, imbecilic, bungling, corrupt, foreign morons'?

As the entire UK media call the PJ, at every opportunity (almost daily)!

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum