The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

4yo Missing From Bed, Australia

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

4yo Missing From Bed, Australia

Post by Briohazard on 26.12.13 5:38

http://www.skynews.com.au/national/article.aspx?id=937144

He was put to bed last night (Xmas day) and was checked on 3.30am this morning. 7am parents discovered him missing from bed. (9 hrs ago, it's 4pm Boxing Day here)

Briohazard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 4yo Missing From Bed, Australia

Post by Briohazard on 26.12.13 5:52

Briohazard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rooster on 26.12.13 9:17

Not good news, I don't understand the "parents found the screen on a window pushed out" implications. Sad day, sad sad day.

The Rooster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi on 26.12.13 9:44

Good Lord, not again!

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Briohazard on 26.12.13 9:45

@The Rooster wrote:Not good news, I don't understand the "parents found the screen on a window pushed out" implications. Sad day, sad sad day.
That's what struck me first, too. RIP little man Sad

Briohazard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26.12.13 11:25

My gut reaction is that this is a tragic accident, the boy wandered off of his own accord.

Back to top Go down

Post by Briohazard on 26.12.13 11:33

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:My gut reaction is that this is a tragic accident, the boy wandered off of his own accord.

I really hope so too NFWTD. I fear that after the MBM 'incident' that I cannot look at any child death cases anymore naively. I wonder about the window... And the cuddly toy, and the check. I guess for me it rang alarm bells. My 5yo daughter would not even know screens can be removed from windows, her natural reaction to waking and wandering at night is to walk through her door to find me, not go through a window and towards darkness (outside). But in saying that, it would be prudent of me to assume that all children would do as mine does. 

I guess I'm just praying this isnt a re-run of another coverup Sad

Briohazard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26.12.13 11:37

I'm afraid that I tend to suspect parental involvement in almost every missing child situation these days, Briohazard!

The poor lad was autistic and that could have a bearing on what happened.

Back to top Go down

Post by Briohazard on 26.12.13 11:52

Quite right NFWTD. And I do the same too, now. Sometimes I wish I was still ignorant and lived in a world where no such thing could possibly happen... But then regain my composure and kick myself and realise how stupid that thought is

For example, my opinion of Madeleine's disappearance remained 'an unfortunate piece of bad luck resulted in an abduction' until about 6 months ago. I'd picked up the book on seeing it at Big W on special, and thought 'oh, that's that girl that went missing when her parents were eating out... I'd like to know what happened'

When I closed the book, my opinion had changed. I found it strange that a lot of the start was concentrated on telling us all about herself, but close to nothing about madeleine. Alarm bells rang within the first third of the book. The second bell rang when it appeared to me kate had spent a lot of time defending Murat. I found it OTT and strange. 

There were snippets where I thought to myself throughout the book that the reference was put there to justify something... Yet I didn't know what. I wasn't even aware that people even doubted the case at that stage!

I looked online to quell my knot in my stomach, and ended up landing here. And this forum, whilst I don't post often, has been my go-to place every spare minute I have. I have talked to so many people about it, and everyone's given me the same reaction. "Madeleine who!?" Once I say it's the girl that went missing while her parents were out dining, 100% of people have said "oh yeah, I remember that. Her parents had something to do with that I reckon"

Guy feelings are a strange thing! So again, I hope you're right with this one and that I'm being overly jumpy :)

Briohazard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs on 26.12.13 15:46

Body of missing 4yo boy found in northern NSW river
Updated 9 hours 17 minutes ago
Photo: The boy's parents noticed him missing early this morning. (NSW Police)
[url=http://maps.google.com/?q=-29.4387,153.3511%28Yamba 2464%29&z=5]Map: Yamba 2464[/url]
The body of a four-year-old boy who went missing from his bed in northern New South Wales has been found in a river near the home.
Connor Elliott Graham was noticed missing just after 7:00am AEDT at Chatsworth Island, inland from Yamba and about 50 kilometres north of Grafton.
Police say the boy's body was discovered just after 4:00pm in the Clarence River, which surrounds the village on all sides.
The boy had been sleeping soundly when he was checked on in the night, but his parents found his bed empty and the screen on a window pushed out less than four hours later.
Police, SES volunteers and local residents were among those involved in the search of the river and nearby cane fields.
Anne Law from the Chatsworth General Store said before the boy's body was found, there were fears he may have drowned in the river.
"A small toy was found beside the river in front of their house," she said.
Police say the boy had a disability and difficulty communicating.
They will now prepare a report for the coroner

Hobs

View user profile http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 26.12.13 15:58

@Hobs wrote:Body of missing 4yo boy found in northern NSW river
P

Photo:
The boy's parents noticed him missing early this morning. (NSW Police)

Map: Yamba 2464

The body of a four-year-old boy who went missing from his bed in northern New South Wales has been found in a river near the home.
Connor Elliott Graham was noticed missing just after 7:00am AEDT at Chatsworth Island, inland from Yamba and about 50 kilometres north of Grafton.
Police say the boy's body was discovered just after 4:00pm in the Clarence River, which surrounds the village on all sides.
The boy had been sleeping soundly when he was checked on in the night, but his parents found his bed empty and the screen on a window pushed out less than four hours later.
Police, SES volunteers and local residents were among those involved in the search of the river and nearby cane fields.
Anne Law from the Chatsworth General Store said before the boy's body was found, there were fears he may have drowned in the river.

1. Infant child

2. Reported missing from bedroom

3. Child checked and everything fine 3.5 hrs before being reported missing

4. Child's toy at or near the scene

5. Window/screen/shutters tampered with.

If it be suggested that there was a mystery abductor, I wonder if s/he was seen, heard by anyone, or left any forensic traces?

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 26.12.13 16:24

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@Hobs wrote:Body of missing 4yo boy found in northern NSW river
P

Photo:
The boy's parents noticed him missing early this morning. (NSW Police)

Map: Yamba 2464

1. Infant child

If it be suggested that there was a mystery abductor, I wonder if s/he was seen, heard by anyone, or left any forensic traces?

Bring in the dogs.

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 26.12.13 16:33

@sallypelt wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:

1. Infant child

Bring in the dogs.

Possibly, sallypelt.

BUT:

1. If child wandered off = no cadaver scent

2. If child attacked and killed (e.g. by relative), and body then removed and thrown into river (leaving toy strategically placed near the river), then = no cadaver scent, because body not been decomposing on the same spot for long enough.

A corpse has to be dead for some 90 to 120 minutes before sufficient cadaver scent has been left behind for a cadaver dog to detect.

So I might say: call in the forensics team and scenes-of-crimes officers - and see if it's a child's, or adult's, footprints that lead down to the river...

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 26.12.13 16:34

Why would they check on him at 3am ?

-
How many parents checked him at 3am ?
How many parents "Found his bed empty " ?

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 26.12.13 16:55

THE father of a boy who disappeared from his bed in the middle of the night collapsed in shock when his worst fears came true yesterday.

The body of four-year-old Connor Elliott-Graham was found in the Clarence River, still in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle pyjamas he had on as his parents tucked him into bed the night before.

It was a tragic end to a fraught day for the community of Chatsworth Island, 60km north of Grafton, as residents searched every house and snake-infested canefield for the missing boy

When volunteer divers Evan Lewis, Jordan Thompson and Brett Ryan found his body near an old wharf - just metres from the house his family were holidaying in - it became too much for his father David.

Mr Scotcher said Mr Elliott-Graham went into severe shock after he received news of the grim discovery about 4.15pm.

"He had been strong all day supporting his wife - once the boy was found he became catatonic. Things like this are never easy, particularly at this time of year," he said.

Connor, who had autism, was known to wander in the middle of the night. His parents checked on him at 3.30am. Mr Scotcher said a witness saw him in a nearby laneway at 4am.

When his parents found he was not in his bed in the morning, they searched the house and the yard.They called police when Mr Elliott-Graham found what is believed to be Connor's toy elephant next to the river about 7am.

Diver Mr Lewis, who found the boy, said he had been searching the river on a boat since 9am.

A shaken Mr Lewis was hugged by his partner as he waited to be interviewed by police yesterday afternoon.

"We all have kids - you put yourself in that situation," he said.

He and the other divers donned snorkels and wetsuits to search under water along the banks. After about four hours they made the grim find 5m from the shore.

Inspector Murray Gillett said the response from the community had been overwhelming: "The phones in Grafton police station rang all day with people offering assistance. People have grid-searched the entire area, people were out on boats - it got to the point where there were too many people."

The family had been on holiday at Chatsworth Island from Brisbane.

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/a-familys-anguish-as-their-darkest-fears-come-true-fouryearold-connor-grahams-body-found-in-the-clarence-river/story-fni0cx12-1226789943184

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 26.12.13 16:57

Connor, who had autism, was known to wander in the middle of the night. His parents checked on him at 3.30am. Mr Scotcher said a witness saw him in a nearby laneway at 4am.

Then why the hell didn't the "witness" take the child into his/her home and phone the police?

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 26.12.13 17:05

When his parents found he was not in his bed in the morning, they searched the house and the yard.
They called police when Mr Elliott-Graham found what is believed to be Connor's toy elephant next to the river about 7am.

So, when they found he was missing, they went and searched and "found his toy" before contacting the police?

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26.12.13 17:14

@sallypelt wrote:Connor, who had autism, was known to wander in the middle of the night. His parents checked on him at 3.30am. Mr Scotcher said a witness saw him in a nearby laneway at 4am.

Then why the hell didn't the "witness" take the child into his/her home and phone the police?
That was my first thought too, when I read this.

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 26.12.13 17:45

[quote="Châtelaine"]
@sallypelt wrote:Connor, who had autism, was known to wander in the middle of the night. His parents checked on him at 3.30am. Mr Scotcher said a witness saw him in a nearby laneway at 4am.
So the "witness" is the last one to see him alive . . .?
And did nothing
4 yr old wandering around at 4am
I think we are not being told the details.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26.12.13 17:51

Bizarre indeed if this is correct. The checking in the middle of the night is perfectly understandable with a child who's known to wander but a witness who did nothing?

Unbelievable!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26.12.13 18:08

We're either not yet aware of the full details, or this is an "environment" in which no one gets worried when a 4-year-old wanders the streets at 4am? ETA IF he was known to get up and about, why was his bedroom not fully secured?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 26.12.13 18:30

Was the witness Jane Tanner?

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 26.12.13 18:31

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 26.12.13 18:37

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Bizarre indeed if this is correct. The checking in the middle of the night is perfectly understandable with a child who's known to wander but a witness who did nothing?

Unbelievable!

Checked at "3:30 AM" but "wandering in the lane at 4:00AM".  

Call my cynical if you want!

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum