The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Mad psychic Derek Acorah, who said Madeleine was dead and would be 'reincarnated', arrested for drink driving in crash which injured two

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mad psychic Derek Acorah, who said Madeleine was dead and would be 'reincarnated', arrested for drink driving in crash which injured two

Post by Tony Bennett on 09.12.13 23:01

@littlepixie wrote:Can I just say that I have visited a Spiritualist church before I studied the Bible, where they charge the bereaved £20. I do believe these people think they are talking to the dead but sadly they are not. What they hear isn't coming from dead people.

Again I am in 100% agreement with you littlepixie

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mad psychic Derek Acorah, who said Madeleine was dead and would be 'reincarnated', arrested for drink driving in crash which injured two

Post by Woofer on 09.12.13 23:03

Tony - why are you being picky over peoples` beliefs in reincarnation and/or spiritualism?  I was under the impression that you had certain beliefs of your own i.e. a belief in a god - isn`t that just as irrational?

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Mad psychic Derek Acorah, who said Madeleine was dead and would be 'reincarnated', arrested for drink driving in crash which injured two

Post by Janetta on 09.12.13 23:07

Tony, I have great respect for what you are doing for Madeleine but your remarks are based on your own interpretation. I re-iterate that psychics do assist the police. If you don't believe me, then go and ask a policeman. This should not be difficult. A psychic helped with the Soham murders. If you don't believe me, then you can get confirmation from the parents of Holly Wells.

Janetta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 09.12.13 23:12

@Woofer wrote:Tony - why are you being picky over peoples` beliefs in reincarnation and/or spiritualism?  I was under the impression that you had certain beliefs of your own i.e. a belief in a god - isn`t that just as irrational?

No, because my belief relies on a book full of accurate historical detail - not one detail of which has ever been falsified i.e. proven to be true, and it has to date had a 100% record of accuracy in prophecy. Looking at the life of Jesus Christ alone, I can show you 80 very specific prophecies made hundreds of years before He came which were fulfilled in the minutest detail, starting for example with the specific prophecy in Micah 5 v 2 which prophesies that the Saviour and Messiah will be born in the village of Bethlehem Ephratah. In other words, it's a fully rational belief founded on facts.

Let's go down to the Members' Lounge if you want to discuss this further as we have moved off the topic of the waste of police time in the Madeleine McCann case caused by psychics like Acorah  

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.12.13 23:15

I remember a 10th anniversary programme about the Soham girls in which Holly's parents did say that they had been comforted by a psychic.

I feel that if they give their advice for nothing, they can't be accused of exploiting anyone. It's up to the individual to decide how they feel about psychics.

Welcome by the way, Janetta.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 09.12.13 23:15

@Janetta wrote:Tony, I have great respect for what you are doing for Madeleine but your remarks are based on your own interpretation.  I re-iterate that psychics do assist the police.  If you don't believe me, then go and ask a policeman.  This should not be difficult.  A psychic helped with the Soham murders.  If you don't believe me, then you can get confirmation from the parents of Holly Wells.

You have stated this as a fact  -and therefore the onus is on you to prove it, not for me to invade the privacy and grief of the parents of Holly Wells. Please say where I or anyone else can find out exactly how a psychic helped solve the muder of those two Soham girls. Either that, or please withdraw your claim. 

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfly on 09.12.13 23:16

@Janetta wrote:Proof?  I cannot prove to you that a psychic I know assists the police with certain cases, but I know that he does and that is good enough for me.  He is most certainly neither mad, nor deluded and I agree it is insulting that someone in his line of work, who gives his assistance willingly and free of charge should be described as such.  There are people with genuine psychic ability and if anyone wants proof of this, may I suggest they visit a local Spiritualist church and watch a demonstration before making judgments.

been to one! COMEDY GOLD!  spin 

dragonfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 09.12.13 23:20

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:I remember a 10th anniversary programme about the Soham girls in which Holly's parents did say that they had been comforted by a psychic.

I feel that if they give their advice for nothing, they can't be accused of exploiting anyone. It's up to the individual to decide how they feel about psychics.

Janetta's specific claims are, and I quote: "Psychics do assist the police...a psychic helped with the Soham murders".

Please Janetta back up your startling (and I believe untrue) claim.

If you mean, as NFWTD suggests, that a psychic 'comforted Holly's parents' , please say so - but that really isn't the same as 'helping with the Soham murders'.

Is it?

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.12.13 23:23

I cite the bard: "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
- Hamlet (1.5.166-7), Hamlet to Horatio

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonfly on 09.12.13 23:25

@Janetta wrote:Tony, I have great respect for what you are doing for Madeleine but your remarks are based on your own interpretation.  I re-iterate that psychics do assist the police.  If you don't believe me, then go and ask a policeman.  This should not be difficult.  A psychic helped with the Soham murders.  If you don't believe me, then you can get confirmation from the parents of Holly Wells.

######################################################
iT IS YOU who is making the claim that psychics are genuine, it is not for the disbeliever to prove your own claim, If  you believe in santa It is you who has to  prove he exists and is real.

edit - I did not see you post tony and we have put something similar !

dragonfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

-mad-psychic-derek-acorah-who-said-madeleine-was-dead-and-would-be-reincarnated-arrested-for-drink-driving-in-crash-which-injured-two

Post by Janetta on 09.12.13 23:34

Tony, Google "Derek McKenzie" it is all there in black and white. Mr & Mrs Wells were frustrated with the police so they called in Derek McKenzie who later became known as The Soham Psychic. He gave them chillingly accurate information which was passed on to the police. He knew the girls were dead before they were found and gave accurate descriptions of Ian Huntley and Maxine Carr before the pair were arrested. He has, since the conviction, berm a great comfort to the parents and now helps with cases all over the world. I believe that he is neither bad, mad or deluded. I also believe that some people have a God-given gift.

Janetta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 09.12.13 23:38

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@Woofer wrote:Tony - why are you being picky over peoples` beliefs in reincarnation and/or spiritualism?  I was under the impression that you had certain beliefs of your own i.e. a belief in a god - isn`t that just as irrational?

No, because my belief relies on a book full of accurate historical detail - not one detail of which has ever been falsified i.e. proven to be true, and it has to date had a 100% record of accuracy in prophecy. Looking at the life of Jesus Christ alone, I can show you 80 very specific prophecies made hundreds of years before He came which were fulfilled in the minutest detail, starting for example with the specific prophecy in Micah 5 v 2 which prophesies that the Saviour and Messiah will be born in the village of Bethlehem Ephratah. In other words, it's a fully rational belief founded on facts.

Let's go down to the Members' Lounge if you want to discuss this further as we have moved off the topic of the waste of police time in the Madeleine McCann case caused by psychics like Acorah  
No - there`s no point in discussing religion in the members lounge - it would be as pointless as engaging in a conversation with JWs on the doorstep.  And I said your belief in a god (not Jesus - we know he existed). IMO prophets are the same as psychics.  Derek Acorah may be a fraud, I wouldn`t know but please don`t tar every psychic with the same brush.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie on 09.12.13 23:40

They have something but it is not from God as he disowns them and what they do is detestable to him.

They can be accurate, they were in my case, that is why some people believe in them. Satan is very, very clever.that is why he has been so successful all through history.

littlepixie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 10.12.13 8:08

@Janetta wrote:Tony, Google "Derek McKenzie"  it is all there in black and white.  Mr & Mrs Wells were frustrated with the police so they called in Derek McKenzie who later became known as The Soham Psychic.  He gave them chillingly accurate information which was passed on to the police.  He knew the girls were dead before they were found and gave accurate descriptions of Ian Huntley and Maxine Carr  before the pair were arrested.  He has, since the conviction, berm a great comfort to the parents and now helps with cases all over the world.  I  believe that he is neither bad, mad or deluded. I also believe that some people have a God-given gift.

REPLY: Thank you for the reference. Unfortunately the name of the man is Dennis McKenzie, not Derek, so it took me a while to find it.

I have very quickly found the following 23 statements about him, finishing off with one statement of denial by his agent.

It is clear from all the quotes that the man is an out-and-out fake, fraud, con-man and charlatan. For now, I will just let all the comments speak for themselves - please see next post

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 10.12.13 8:16

DENNIS McKENZIE  Fake, Fraud, so-called 'Psychic'

23 quotes

Following my post [Twisted mind comes to Limerick’], I’ve decided to expand on why Dennis McKenzie is a fraud. If I could perform the miracles claimed by Dennis, I would want to test my power for myself, while also proving it to the world.

Let's say, YOU wake up tomorrow with the ability to divine details of crimes just by holding objects and looking at maps. It would be exciting and cool, but surely you would immediately try to devise a foolproof test to show people you weren't a demented, cynical, manipulative, lying fraud (like McKenzie).

The protocol for such a test should be simple enough to arrange.

Firstly, we must define this ability. Going by McKenzie's descriptions, he 'knows nothing' of the cases before he arrives. So you will know nothing.

What, nothing at all? So how does he know these cases even exist? Does he pick names out of the phone book and visit them at random to see if they're missing a child? 

Well, no of course, he must read about them in the paper.

But, only their names and addresses? So, he doesn't read the article, just the headline: 'Missing Child'?

Maybe, someone else gives him the names, I don't know how it works. The point is he has no 'special' knowledge of the cases.

So, he may have read everything available on the case? Then what exactly does he mean when he says 'he knows nothing about the case'?

OK, so you read the articles in the paper about the missing people. Then you get some kind of vision where a spirit guide reveals certain facts.

These consist of:
1.        Whether the person is alive or dead, and/or
2.        Where the body is (by description), and/or
3.        Random facts about the killers, and/or
4.        Circumstances of murder/disappearance.

These details will be clarified and more will emerge if you can touch an object owned by the missing person and talk to a relative.

Why do I need to talk to the relative? Do I some information? I thought you stressed I don't know anything about the case.

It's an emotional response or something. Just go with me. Anyway in the Soham case he claimed he knew straight away that the girls were dead, without meeting anyone or touching any objects. So here's my plan for the test.

1.        An independent researcher gathers details on one hundred closed missing persons cases – in, say, Russia (all completely unknown to you).
2.        In fifty of the cases the subjects were found dead, in fifty–alive.
3.        He sources an object from each case.
4.       You are allowed to see the first names and photographs of the subjects, and touch the related personal objects.

Since Dennis often works over the ‘phone or at a distance (and I think through television?), this should be ample material for your new powers to provide you with leads on the cases.

And since all the cases will have been solved, it should be a simple task to check the information provided by the 'spirit guide'. We'll probably just ignore vague talk of 'the letter J' and 'a woman who looks younger,' your real power is to make a dead-or-alive determination.

A 'non-psychically gifted' person should achieve a 50% success rate.

Hmm, so what do you think Dennis would score? If he thinks he can do better than 50%, there's $1M waiting for him in the JREF Goldman Sachs account.

Woulfe's article in the Examiner casually mentions McKenzie's 'chillingly accurate descriptions' of Ian Huntley and Maxine Carr. Too lazy to fact check? McKenzie's actual predictions were either vague, contradictory, or wrong - and those were the ones reported after the fact, the so-called 'hits.' Think of the perhaps dozens of suggestions he threw out that missed?

Meanwhile, Inspector Gerry MacNamara of Roxboro says he may be ‘calling on the sub-aqua team’ to wade about in Killaloe's murky waters, just on the mere say so of this mountebank [McKenzie].

Don't forget. if they actually find anything, it can only mean one thing: McKenzie has been in touch with the killers… Psychic? Prove it or shut up!

He's lying about having assisted in the Soham murder inquiry by providing a series of clues to the police. The bodies of Jessica Chapman and Holly Wells were found 13 days after their disappearance by a game warden walking through the woods.

Ian Huntley had come under early suspicion as he was known to have been one of the last people to have seen the girls alive. He also asked ‘too many questions’ from the police and seemed to know more about the case that he had let on. Once the bodies were found, forensic evidence linked them to his house and his car.

There is no report in any official publication suggesting the police received supernatural assistance in solving the case.

His appearance at this BTK case in Kansas looks like yet another 'psychic' feeding off a tragedy.

I am really, really furious about this piece of s**t!

The Soham murders had blanket media coverage in England for a couple of months. It was a tragedy that sickened everyone in the country. Now this b**tard starts claiming some credit for the work done in capturing Ian Huntley?

I have seen some claims from links on this website but this one sickens me. I shall be writing to your morning paper myself. I ask others to do the same - we have all seen some bogus claims around here but this man is disgusting.

Now he has been meddling in another case, see here. Note the report is dated April this year. as is this article - same case, different report.

Yet, four months later, as this report in August shows, the case remains sadly unsolved.

Can anyone please explain to me why this failure to help is not reported with the same fanfare as his eagerness to get involved? I am seriously out to expose this fraud.

Just for reference, here is the e-mail I have sent to the Editors of the Wichita Eagle:

I am absolutely sickened by your story about the British 'clairvoyant' (Wed Sep 29, 2004). As someone who grew up in Cambridge, England, and whose parents still live there and delivered flowers to the graves of these two [Soham] girls, it cheapens the tragedy to give any credit to this fraudulent man Dennis McKenzie.

He IN NO WAY gave the police any help or assistance in detecting the bodies, the murder or the nature of the crime (which, by the way, is still not fully understood). He IN NO WAY helped in the investigation and subsequent prosecution of Ian Huntley. Your article contains badly misleading lies.

Perhaps you might like to examine Mr McKenzie's latest 'assistance' to grieving parents of children who have been killed:

http://www.hounslowguardian.co.uk/ma...479432.0.0.php
or
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/le...iller_hunt.php 

Both articles from April this year.

Current case situation:
http://icsouthlondon.icnetwork.co.uk...name_page.html 

Case unsolved. Dennis no longer mentioned.

Please check out these links. Yet another family has been hindered in their grieving by a useless and perhaps, sickeningly cynical, charlatan.

Please do not encourage this type of person any more.

Dennis Mackenzie is scum, attention seeking scum. I saw him on a documentary about the Soham crimes where he supposedly contacted one of the girls. He gave the usual vague details: a river nearby, a windmill (none found). a red car etc. Not once did he get the name Ian Huntley or caretaker; seeing as the two girls knew that information it would have been forthcoming. Instead the usual crap took its place. The guy is an attention seeking waster.

Since this site is called ‘BadPsychics’ and the threads on psychics have been neglected a little of late I wondered it anyone was aware of or knows more about this one whose book I happened to notice on a supermarket shelf today? His name is Dennis McKenzie and his book is ever so subtly called: "Being the Soham Psychic".

I haven't heard of Mr McKenzie previous to seeing this book today and wasn't aware at the time or after of a psychic being consulted or involved in the Soham case in any capacity.

However on reading his website with newspaper reports from 2003 it does seem he was in contact with Kevin Wells the father of Holly Wells who was murdered with her friend Jessica Chapman by Huntley .

His claims were he was able to tell Mr Wells that his daughter was dead, the name of a favourite shop of hers and a nickname she had for her brother alongside further claims that he ‘pinpointed’ a young man with dark cropped hair and a women with mouse-like features as being responsible .

These claims seem incredibly vague and minimal to use as the basis for a whole book whose very title implies he was pivotal in the case.

Regardless of his claims or his involvement I was wondering if anyone else feels using this particularly tragic and disturbing case as a means to launch himself onto the market of ‘psychic books’ is as inappropriate and disturbing as I did seeing it today ?

Even if he was the first psychic in the world to be proven 100% genuine, which of course he is not, I still find it distasteful that he has chosen to market himself in this way and use the notoriety and still strong public opinion on these murders as a means to presumably ‘stand out’ from the plethora of others with similar claims and books to punt.

I’d feel the same way if it was a police officer who worked on the case, a reporter or in fact anyone who basically has nothing constructive or new or useful to offer by writing such a book and raking up the details 6 years down the line purely to promote themselves or make money .

I can't see the purpose or point in a book of this nature other than for the gain of the writer and can only imagine the appeal of such a book as being to those who seem to blackly enjoy books that involve horrific murders of this kind yet offer no real purpose other than to titilate their sense of the macabre or feed their need to mystify something which is about as tragically closed and final as it gets.

Many psychics may claim to have been pivotal in murder cases...but this is the first time I’ve seen one so blatantly use a murder in the very title of their book as their introduction to the market, used like some kind of vaudeville performer of days gone by would to describe their act.

I think it's a blatant attempt to flog a book on a connection to a tragic loss of young life which is in very poor taste and he should be ashamed of himself. As you say, he brings nothing to a sad story other than vague, typically imprecise psychic bulls**t and I'd like to know (without having to buy the book) how he can pad his claims out to fill more than a few pages.

No doubt we'll get the guy’s life story thrown in (a la Mia Dolan style) and how he's made lots of other startlingly accurate connections for clients, the local W.I. and numerous other credulous individuals.The deaths of those two young girls is still far too fresh in the minds of both those involved and the wider public for some obscure media wannabee to be cashing in - especially using it in such an ill-conceived manner in the book’s title.

More realistically he could have called it: ‘Dennis McKenzie (big letters): Another psychic grief surfer’. Let's hope this book soon makes it into the 99p bin.

Past experience tells us that so far no psychic or medium has been proven to genuinely possess any supernatural predictive abilities. If you want to give me some actual evidence that this guy [McKenzie] is genuine feel free to do so otherwise, as has been mentioned, we have to seriously question the validity of his intentions and his claims unless he or you convince anyone otherwise.

I knew I'd come across this fake before.

http://www.ukskeptics.com/forum/showthre....enzie#post57724

Read more: http://moh2005.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=medpsy&action=display&thread=7209#ixzz2n29eGAII

Before I went to see this man in Kerry recently, I tried to dig up as much as I could about him to see how good he was. I watched on www.rte.ie the clip of him on the Late Late show, and read several articles about him in newspapers etc. on how he helped solve many murders.

Seeing as I have a relative who has been missing for several years, I went to see him in Kerry. In his RTE interview, he went on about the scam artists etc. that were about and he could not believe how many of them take money from people when they can’t give them information and he also went on to state that when it comes to murders etc. he refuses to take money.

Anyways, getting closer to the point. I Ddove from Dublin to Kerry to see him. I was told to bring a picture and a personal item of the relative which I did. When I got there I was welcomed by a lady and asked to take a seat. After about 5 minutes, Dennis McKenzie walks from a room saying goodbye to the lady, he then turns (on front of me) to his secretary and begins to tell her about what was just said in his session with the lady, Immediately I smelled a rat! He was speaking so loudly, making sure I heard him, to make me think that he is a miracle worker...! After he smoked his fag, he told me to come with him into the room and that we wouldn’t be needing the personal item. I sat down and he began recording...

He asked me for my relative’s date of birth and his name, and my date of birth and my name…he then began touching the picture saying my relative was a jolly person etc... blah blah blah... then went on to tell me that the relative was ‘in a spot of bother’.

WHICH IS OBVIOUS CONSIDERING HE WAS MURDERED! I asked him to tell me more about the whereabouts of my uncle’s remains and he began feeding me with unadultarated s**t! Little did he know that the Gardai and our family have huge information about the area in which my uncle was buried but, we can’ pinpoint the exact spot...hence why I went to him.

Anyways, he began to tell me he smelled the Wicklow mountains etc. and that he wants to go there and be with my uncle... in my mind I thought ‘if you don’t give me any answers or this 70 euro back you will be there with my uncle very quick’!!!!

After him smelling the mountains and the visions of a pub near a flower shop being my uncle’s last place to be (which is totally untrue) ...he told me that I would need to meet him next time he came over and go with him, obviously for a fee...! That was it, I took the picture and stood up... he asked me for 70 euro, I told him I hadn’t got 70 euro, so I threw him 50 just to get out of there quick! He dragged me down to Kerry costing me nearly 200 euro for the day to tell me absolute bull! So I left and decided that while there are some true mediums out there... the ones you see in the media are just full of ****! Stay well clear of Dennis McKenzie, he is a fake! GO AT YOUR OWN RISK! You have been warned!

Dennis McKenzie. I can’t remember where exactly he’s to be found, but he’s a feckin chancer. I know he was on the Late Late with Kenny before talking about his contribution to the Holly Wells + Jessica Chapman murder case and the BTK/Dennis Rader one in America, but I think that’s bollocks. I just don’t believe him. I’ve also heard hes a rude bugger, 'blows' into people’s faces ?, and has even insulted people.

13. He’s a fraudulent t****r. I don't know what the researchers on the Late Late Show were smoking when they decided to book him for an appearance before.  €70 (or €50 in your justifiably cash-strapped case) handed over to that oversized, weird-eyed gorilla of a bloke, only to be told some cack about him smelling the Wicklow mountains, how your auld fella had been a jolly sort, etc, etc. It should be every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. McKenzie is charging €70 and giving people bulls**t in return. I wouldn't have paid him a cent, having cottoned on to him making a balls of the reading 5-10 minutes into it.

Unfortunately, a lot of people learn about the conmen and conwomen through painful trial and error. But it's important that people like yourself speak up publicly and let other people know. At least that's one good result of it all.

Dennis read for a lady once and this lady said I’m sorry Dennis but there’s nothing there about me that makes sense. Dennis believed his reading went bad, and then later it turned out the information Dennis was relaying was actually for her next door neighbor… everyone has bad days. We all make mistakes in life.

This man completely messed up my mind. Tonight I sat and watched the documentary on the Soham murder. On the screen came the face of Dennis McKenzie!  Well, to cut a long story short, my Mum is a believer in spiritual healing and he often went to her house. On one afternoon I went to see my Mum and he was there. He said to me “I need to talk to you in private”. He took me into my Mum’s bedroom and sat in front of me to say that my son Joshua was here. Joshua – my son died at 5 months old in 1997. He was telling me this s**t in the year 2000. I had just begun to get myself together. I never asked him to talk to me but he invaded my head totally. I hated him for it and even now if I see his face, I cry, that’s how good he is. Invading and costly!

16.  [These next three posts were addressed to one Ellee Seymour, who co-wrote ‘Being the Soham psychic’ with Dennis McKenzie].

Ellee, I read the book today – didn’t buy it, just sat in Borders. Aside from the one lie after another by McKenzie, I found no reference to the James Randi challenge you said “was all in there!” Admittedly I skimmed every page rather than read his lies in detail

Ellee ,the bereaved know no better than you it seems. Education is what is needed. He has never worked on any murder cases. Who paid him and at whose request did he work? Not the police that’s for sure.

Dennis? I know why he wouldn’t be interested in the challenge - like every other psychic in the entire world, he would look a fool because he is a fraud. This is not my ‘opinion’, it is a fact! I should know there are lots of fraudsters - he is one!

Ellee how can you class yourself as a journalist when you believe cranks like McKenzie? I work in the media industry and am also a skeptic. Evidence of psychic ability would be a minimum requirement I would have thought for any article. Write a book about me. I ride a pink unicorn to work every day - you believe me on my say so!?

Dennis Mckenzie is a delusional individual and a liar. By writing supportive books articles about him you are as a guilty as he is of preying on people’s grief.

I've started looking at this after Kevin Wells, the father of Holly Wells, mentioned McKenzie in his new book: 'Goodbye Dearest Holly'. I had a look at the BTK murders and frankly McKenzie was pretty poor. His sketches were way off. I'd like to look into McKenzie's cases a bit more.

I cannot BELIEVE Dennis ‘The FRAUD’ McKenzie is trying to scrape credit from this!

From The Wichita Eagle, quote:

“For the record, the insights provided last year by a visiting British psychic also appear to be far wide of the mark”.  

But respect where it's due. The newspaper that touted Dennis's involvement has had the actual guts and integrity to print a failed psychic result. Dennis McKenzie is probably just a media hungry leech who has all the psychic ability of a big fat radish.

I realise that "psychic mediums" are already in the gutter, but it takes a special kind of vermin to exploit the parents of a murdered child. Dennis McKenzie is a truly vile excuse for a human being.

Scum. Utter scum

I believe he's scum and a vile human being because he has since traded as "The Soham Psychic". His connection to that crime is his unique selling point. From his own website he says: "READINGS ARE FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES". Yeah, telling grief-stricken people you have messages from their dead relatives is very entertaining.  In my view, performing "readings" for such clients is fraud.

Finally, a direct quote from Dennis McKenzie’s agent:

“At no point did Dennis claim to solve the case or assist the police and neither Kevin Wells nor Dennis have said that”.

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 10.12.13 10:07

@Tony Bennett wrote:

Well actually Micah 5 v2 refers to the clan Bethlehem Ephratah, not the town.  And this is a prophecy of the coming of some kind of military leader.

whatliesbehindthesofa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10.12.13 11:02

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:http://www.express.co.uk/expressyourself/135069/I-m-the-Soham-psychic

I'm sure this is the man who appeared in the programme I saw.
Tony, I could have saved you the trouble of finding the correct name!

I can only repeat that, in the programme which I have since found was called "Soham - a parents' tale", Holly's parents were appreciative of Dennis McKenzie.

Note that in the article he says that he hasn't been asked to help in the McCann case!

Googling his name has brought up links to people who do think he's okay.

I like to think that most psychics are well-meaning rather than out and out charlatans.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 10.12.13 11:42

@whatliesbehindthesofa wrote:

Well actually Micah 5 v 2 refers to the clan Bethlehem Ephratah, not the town.  And this is a prophecy of the coming of some kind of military leader.

REPLY: I'll respond by quoting what the Good Book has to say on the subject, according to the account of the Apostle Matthew (Matthew Chap 2 vv 1-8):

1 Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,
2 Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worhsip him.
3 When Herod the king had heard these things, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him.
4 And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he demanded of them where Christ should be born.
5 And they said unto him, In Bethlelem of Judaea: for thus it is written by the prophet [Micah],
6 And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel.
7 Then Herod, when he had privily called the wise men, enquired of them diligently what time the star appeared.
8 And he sent them to Bethlelem, and said, Go and search diligently for the young child; and when ye have found him, bring me word again, that I may come and worship him also.

------

The wise men knew that a King, or Saviour, or the Christ, would be born in Judaea. They trravelled a very long way to worship him.

But they didn't know where exactly.

They went to Herod the King to find out.

He summoned the Jewish Sanhedrin, the Council of some 70 chief priests, scribes, Pharisees, lawyers etc., who made rulings for Jewish believers.

They all knew EXACTLY where the Christ would be born - the very village - and told King Herod and the wise men, referring them to Micah Chap 5 v 2.

And so the wise men set off to Bethlehem Ephratah.

Some Jewish people, it is quite true, expected an earthly king, or even perhaps a great military leader, who would overthrow the hated Roman rule.

But when He came, others recognised that He was the long-awaited Saviour, Redeemer, Messiah and Christ that had been long ago spoken of by all the Old Testament prophets.

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 10.12.13 11:52

NFWTD,

Thank you.

You wrote: "I can only repeat that, in the programme which I have since found was called "Soham - a parents' tale", Holly's parents were appreciative of Dennis McKenzie".

REPLY: True. Bereaved people are usually in need of a great deal of help and support, and some seek solace and comfort from a psychic or medium of some kind. That is a very different matter from claiming, as McKenzie does, that he has psychic gifts and has used them to help solve the Soham murders and other crimes.  His fraudulent nature is clearly exposed in the quotes I found overnight.

If nothing else does, then the quote from his very own agent makes clear that McKemzie's claims in this respect are false   

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whatliesbehindthesofa on 10.12.13 12:08

@Tony - I don't believe any of what you've said there, but it's fine with me if you do.  The only thing I've had a problem with is the use of the word 'facts', when this is just your interpretation.  I'm an atheist of course, but then so are you in regards to every other religion except for the one you follow.

Actually, there are two problems I have, you've heard the first, the second is the use of the word 'mad' in the title.  In my opinion most psychics are fraudsters, are few are probably mad, but you get that in every profession.  'Mad' is highly subjective.  You might label the man as insane, but if we're allowed to do this then I should be allowed to give the same label to people who claim that the facts and evidence of evolution are a nonsense.

As it is, I'm happy enough if we all agree to disagree on these matters of belief, as long as it doesn't harm anyone else such as in the Lee Rigby murder.

As George Carlin once said, "Keep Thy Religion To Thyself"  big grin

whatliesbehindthesofa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 10.12.13 12:17

Tony - I do find it difficult to understand your argument about psychics or Derek Acorah types.  You are proselytising the contents of the bible as your rational proofs which is ok if that`s what you believe, but the prophets were the same as psychics and the wise men were guided by their astrological knowledge.  So surely there`s no argument - Derek Acorah/psychics/spiritualists are much the same as the prophets and wise men - not forgetting there have been many prophets down the ages including Allah, Nostradamus, Edgar Cayce, Yogananda and someone on here mentioned the South African prophet recently (can`t remember his name) - every religion has its prophets.  You could even include Uri Geller and David Ike.

You believe in the prophets written about in the bible - some people choose to believe other prophets and some none at all.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10.12.13 12:24

I must admit that I get very uneasy when quotes from old books with little if any relevance to modern life are used as the proof of anything.

I'm with you "whatliesbehindthesofa" though not physically in that locality, if you see what I mean! It would need a crane to get me up again.

There are some personal beliefs which really should be kept personal as far as I'm concerned.

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 10.12.13 12:46

whatliesbehindthesofa - "As George Carlin once said, "Keep Thy Religion To Thyself

I remember, as a child, none of us kids knew what religion anyone else was - in fact it did not matter much to the grown-ups either.  It was never mentioned and people got on so much better.  But then I was not brought up in an area where religion was the centre of life thank goodness.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum