The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

CMTV reconstitutes the Maddie case

Page 5 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: CMTV reconstitutes the Maddie case

Post by Newintown on 17.11.13 0:07

@currio wrote:
@MaryB wrote:If it wasn't for the internet none of us would have even heard about this programme.  Was their appeals for witnesses like at the end of Crimewatch.  I wonder if those two men seen arguing ever came forward.
Too true MaryB. How long has Amarals book been published, yet the average man on the street hasn't a clue about it. Makes you wonder what this is all about. Is Portugal having a last shout before their hands are tied wave
Oh, please don't say that currio, the thought is too awful to contemplate.

It would be interesting to know when the CMTV programme was made, if it was after the CW programme was shown, or whether it was made at the same time as CW with the Portugese producers working in tandem with SY and the BBC as all of the facts couldn't be shown on CW otherwise they could be construed as liable.  CW was shown on Monday 14th Oct that's barely a month ago, could CMTV have made their programme in barely a month to counteract CW seeing as they had to get together actors/actresses, get permission to film in a venue similar to the OC if it wasn't actually filmed at the OC, get a film crew together, etc, etc.  It seems more likely it was being made at the same time as CW.  I'm hoping so as I can't believe that the BBC and SY would be so underhanded to have made a version of CW which is nothing like what really happened in May 2007 when they have made so many other CW programmes about crimes which have happened over the years and have brought justice to many, many victims.

At least all the facts from CMTV are now on Facebook together with the video, whatever happens in the future, thanks to all the efforts from so many posters here.

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by currio on 17.11.13 0:57

@Newintown wrote:
@currio wrote:
@MaryB wrote:If it wasn't for the internet none of us would have even heard about this programme.  Was their appeals for witnesses like at the end of Crimewatch.  I wonder if those two men seen arguing ever came forward.
Too true MaryB. How long has Amarals book been published, yet the average man on the street hasn't a clue about it. Makes you wonder what this is all about. Is Portugal having a last shout before their hands are tied wave

It would be interesting to know when the CMTV programme was made, if it was after the CW programme was shown, or whether it was made at the same time as CW with the Portugese producers working in tandem with SY and the BBC as all of the facts couldn't be shown on CW otherwise they could be construed as liable.  CW was shown on Monday 14th Oct that's barely a month ago, could CMTV have made their programme in barely a month to counteract CW seeing as they had to get together actors/actresses, get permission to film in a venue similar to the OC if it wasn't actually filmed at the OC, get a film crew together, etc, etc.  It seems more likely it was being made at the same time as CW.  I'm hoping so as I can't believe that the BBC and SY would be so underhanded to have made a version of CW which is nothing like what really happened in May 2007 when they have made so many other CW programmes about crimes which have happened over the years and have brought justice to many, many victims.

At least all the facts from CMTV are now on Facebook together with the video, whatever happens in the future, thanks to all the efforts from so many posters here.
Hi Newintown...sadly, that's how I see it......and I know how you feel whacky 

I just don't get your drift..dontgetit .how could a fact be construed as liable???

I just hope the Portuguese strike oil soon....

currio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on 17.11.13 1:13

@currio wrote:
@Newintown wrote:
@currio wrote:

Hi Newintown...sadly, that's how I see it......and I know how you feel whacky 

I just don't get your drift..dontgetit .how could a fact be construed as liable???

I just hope the Portuguese strike oil soon....
Perhaps I got that wrong, I'm not too good with writing posts (and I should have typed libel, not liable).  I was thinking along the lines of some of the things that were missed out of the CW programme were only hearsay, forgetting the fact that the Tapas lot made statements as to their comings and goings, so of course the CW programme should have been based on the facts from their statements.

I am a tw*t, that'll teach me for posting so late (and watching TV at the same time) when my brain isn't functioning!  smilie

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonGoddess on 17.11.13 1:48

@sallypelt wrote:@DaSteelMan David Steel   now
for some reason - Payne is featuring heavily #McCann

@jontaito Para ja   now
Sounds like PT telly are telling the true story, warts & all. I wonder if any UK Sunday papers will report? #McCann
deleted....

MoonGoddess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 17.11.13 3:02

Thanks to all who keep us informed.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IKNOWWHATHAPPENED on 17.11.13 3:45

I look forward to watching the video with subtitles.

IKNOWWHATHAPPENED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SixMillionQuid on 17.11.13 7:54

@Carver wrote:I hope this is more credible than Amaral's documentary. For example, portraying the McCanns "praying arab" moments with deliberately bad and unrealistic acting. Also why he had Smithman running down the street with the child in his documentary when the Smiths testified that he was walking?
Perhaps the acting was accurate as no one else seemed to understand what the McCanns were doing.

SixMillionQuid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 17.11.13 10:06

This is heartening news but as far as I am aware the PJ was not involved in this programme, not aired on a major tv channel.
   It sounds very interesting viewing and I look forward to watching it once translated.

The pro twitterati are very much rubbing hands with glee at the " stupid " way GA has jeopardised himself re the libel trial.
   One problem I have with that is that GA imo is far from stupid and would have checked with his lawyer, before appearing on tv , what he could state as fact and what as opinion , so safeguarding himself.
 I am sure his statements would have been very carefully worded and that as an experienced policeman and knowing what constitutes a libel and what does not, he would have been certain that what he stated as fact could be backed up with proof.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 17.11.13 11:16

I wondered why Mr. A. has decided to speak publicly in the middle of the libel trial.   I also wondered whether the plaintiffs have withdrawn the action or there has been news that he cannot lose.    He has remained silent for so long and has now decided to speak, there is a reason for that and we know he is a very canny, intelligent man who would not jeopardise himself/family.

Would this tv company put themselves at risk of a libel action if they thought Mr. A. was going to lose?  I don't think so, but something interesting is going on imo.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarleneP on 17.11.13 11:21

It seems to me this TV report was a response to the false Crimewatch show. I read on Pat Brown, who visited Portugal, that she was of the opinion Scotland Yard would have to start researching for the facts (PJ). What SY apparently did not. Now Portugal has just published a few facts and I'm waiting for the translation of the text.

MarleneP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 17.11.13 14:28

@Carver wrote:I hope this is more credible than Amaral's documentary. For example, portraying the McCanns "praying arab" moments with deliberately bad and unrealistic acting. Also why he had Smithman running down the street with the child in his documentary when the Smiths testified that he was walking?
Wow, I don't remember about the running, but even if he wrote that it's a minute detail that really is not changing anything. So why don't equally eager chase the real lies of Kate in Madeleine, oh sorry that has to be madeleine. I bet you're exhausted before you've reached p 10

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 17.11.13 14:37

@plebgate wrote:I wondered why Mr. A. has decided to speak publicly in the middle of the libel trial.   I also wondered whether the plaintiffs have withdrawn the action or there has been news that he cannot lose.    He has remained silent for so long and has now decided to speak, there is a reason for that and we know he is a very canny, intelligent man who would not jeopardise himself/family.

Would this tv company put themselves at risk of a libel action if they thought Mr. A. was going to lose?  I don't think so, but something interesting is going on imo.
Why wouldn't he, the McCanns were vocal enough until it did not go well for them.

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sami on 17.11.13 14:47

@lj wrote:
Wow, I don't remember about the running, but even if he wrote that it's a minute detail that really is not changing anything. So why don't equally eager chase the real lies of Kate in Madeleine, oh sorry that has to be madeleine. I bet you're exhausted before you've reached p 10
At least he appeared in Mr Amaral's documentary, was referred to properly.  In the McCanns version of events, Madeleine was Here, the man morphed into Tannerman (now discounted) and were shown to be one and the same man without explanation to the viewer.

I'm not sure how "realistic" a Scotsman from Rothley, from a devoutly Catholic family, could be portrayed when praying like an Arab.  Perhaps it was portrayed exactly as it appeared to those present - unrealistic and unbelievable.

sami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by columbostogeys on 17.11.13 14:51

@sami wrote:
@lj wrote:
At least he appeared in Mr Amaral's documentary, was referred to properly.  In the McCanns version of events, Madeleine was Here, the man morphed into Tannerman (now discounted) and were shown to be one and the same man without explanation to the viewer.

I'm not sure how "realistic" a Scotsman from Rothley, from a devoutly Catholic family, could be portrayed when praying like an Arab.  Perhaps it was portrayed exactly as it appeared to those present - unrealistic and unbelievable.
Unless i am dreaming i remember them both on the bed with bottoms up in the air like they were praying to alah, and a GNR looking on in astonishment. I thought wtf is all that about. It was there i am sure of it, somewhere in the files somewhere....also one of gerry doing the same outside although it could have been distorted forum myth etc.

columbostogeys

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 17.11.13 15:00

Yeah the prayer must have been something.

I am pleased that the alcohol use is finally brought back again. So often people asked: but how can doctors react that way? I have always said that they were all drunk, which makes you take very stupid decisions. I am convinced alcohol plays a huge part.

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sami on 17.11.13 15:08

@columbostogeys wrote:
@sami wrote:
@lj wrote:

Unless i am dreaming i remember them both on the bed with bottoms up in the air like they were praying to alah, and a GNR looking on in astonishment. I thought wtf is all that about. It was there i am sure of it, somewhere in the files somewhere....also one of gerry doing the same outside although it could have been distorted forum myth etc.
It is not a myth, it happened according to witnesses.  My post was replying to carver who expressed concern at the unrealistic acting in Mr Amaral's documentary.

sami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 17.11.13 15:55

@sami wrote:
@columbostogeys wrote:
@sami wrote:
@lj wrote:

It is not a myth, it happened according to witnesses.  My post was replying to carver who expressed concern at the unrealistic acting in Mr Amaral's documentary.
Deliberately bad and unrealistic acting is the unassailable domain of the McCanns.

We have seen a lot of their deliberately bad and unrealistic acting for 6.5 long years. Kate-Whoosh-Clunk-That Door-McCann is evidence enough of bad acting. I watch that hammy routine through my fingers. In a rich panoply  of McCann-Crimes-Against-Acting-R-Us, the bottoms in the air routine takes its rightful place. If they'd jumped up and launched into the Charlston we would be in Oscar award territory.

I think there was a touch of restraint shown with that representation back in the day. After all, Gerry rolling around on the ground and roaring like a bull and Kate smashing up the bed, banging the walls and swearing at an elderly woman could have been included; a whole cornucopia of aberrant behaviour in fact.

On the whole, I reckon they came off lightly with the Arab call to prayer.  dance

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mélusine on 17.11.13 16:04

@lj wrote:Yeah the prayer must have been something.

I am pleased that the alcohol use is finally brought back again. So often people asked: but how can doctors react that way? I have always said that they were all drunk, which makes you take very stupid decisions. I am convinced alcohol plays a huge part.
Agree. I think when we analyse their behaviour that night we should always take into account they must have been drunk and do not expect any logic in their doings. IMHO.

Mélusine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by columbostogeys on 17.11.13 16:07

@lj wrote:Yeah the prayer must have been something.

Yes i am sure your right.

I have known a few doctors in my time lol for social gatherings and was astounded becuase it certainly isnt a case of do practice what you preach far from it.

Didnt the waiter that night have to be hidden away? I read that he held information most cruicial to the investigation....

columbostogeys

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennypennypenny on 17.11.13 16:08

The Arab praying is truly astonishing. Why? Why did they do it? It had no place in events. And as for the roaring and smashing of the bed well I'm dumbfounded.

Pennypennypenny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Praiaaa on 17.11.13 16:20

is this on Youtube? have searched but can't find it... TIA

Praiaaa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sceptic on 17.11.13 16:30

@Pennypennypenny wrote:The Arab praying is truly astonishing. Why? Why did they do it? It had no place in events. And as for the roaring and smashing of the bed well I'm dumbfounded.
Personally i feel the arab praying was some sort of masonic distress symbol to any fellow masons who may be around of the law enforcement variety

Sceptic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 17.11.13 16:33

@Sceptic wrote:
@Pennypennypenny wrote:The Arab praying is truly astonishing. Why? Why did they do it? It had no place in events. And as for the roaring and smashing of the bed well I'm dumbfounded.
Personally i feel the arab praying was some sort of masonic distress symbol to any fellow masons who may be around of the law enforcement variety
Catholics trying to cover as many bases as possible? No harm hedging your bets, under their circumstances.

Back to top Go down

Post by Carver on 17.11.13 17:26

They weren't literally praying ofcourse, that was just the witnessing officer's best way to describe it. I don't find anything suspicious about them breaking down and dropping to their knees uncontrollably more than once that night, not until Amaral deliberately made it suspicious in his dishonest documentary portrayal of it.

Edit - ftr, Arabian isn't a religion.

Carver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

not literally praying..

Post by worriedmum on 17.11.13 17:33

@Carver wrote:They weren't literally praying ofcourse, that was just the witnessing officer's best way to describe it. I don't find anything suspicious about them breaking down and dropping to their knees uncontrollably more than once that night, not until Amaral deliberately made it suspicious in his dishonest documentary portrayal of it.
 Hi Carver, how do you make the leap from 'the witnessing officer's best way to describe it' to 'Amaral deliberately made it suspicious in his dishonest documentary portrayal of it.'

What are you saying is dishonest?

worriedmum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum