The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Why the re-opening signifies the beginning of the end. Thread of HOPE.

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Why the re-opening signifies the beginning of the end. Thread of HOPE.

Post by Estelle on 06.11.13 8:21

Well I have given up hope now after reading this today:

PJ investigates the past of a suspect who died four years ago
5 NOVEMBER 2013 | POSTED BY JOANA MORAIS LEAVE A COMMENT



· Former employee of the Ocean Club, from where Maddie disappeared, died in an accident 
· Family is outraged by suspicions 

by Marisa Rodrigues/with Nuno Miguel Maia

The Judiciary Police (PJ) is investigating the past of a man who died four years ago. It is the first investigative step known since the process, regarding the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, was reopened last week.

The widow was already heard by the PJ. Outraged, she refuses to speak with with journalists and threatens to take legal actions in order to reinstate her husband's good name. The man who is now the focus of attention died in 2009, when he was 40 years old, in a work accident with a tractor. He worked in one of the restaurants of the Ocean Club and was dismissed when he was caught stealing five euros from the till a year before the child's disappearance. JN learned through several former employees of the tourist resort that the man left peacefully, without conflicts with the management or with his colleagues. 

A Cape-Verdean immigrant, E. Monteiro was in jail for petty thefts linked to drug abuse. 17 years ago a pardon of the then president of the Portuguese Republic, Jorge Sampaio, prevented him from being expelled of the country for a theft that took place in Portimão. 

In his criminal record there is nothing connecting him to serious and violent crimes such as paedophilia or kidnappings. He would be the carrier of a cell phone that was connected in the vicinity of the tourist resort on the night of May, 3 2007. The PJ had the number but was unaware to whom it belonged.

JN knows the man wasn't referenced during the investigation lead by the coordinators Gonçalo Amaral and Paulo Rebelo, which was archived in 2008. He came up during the reanalysis that was done for over two years by the PJ team from Porto and could fit in the “new evidentiary elements” referenced by the Attorney General's Office [PGR], which motivated the reopening.

The Portuguese investigation - there is another one ongoing in England - only has one orientation: that Madeleine was abducted from apartment 5 A where she was left alone along with her siblings, the twins, while the parents dined with friends. 

At this stage E. Monteiro is not being considered as the main and only suspect of the crime - this was assured by several PJ sources contacted by JN. It's just a “loose end, a lead that needs to be followed so no one can blame the PJ for not following all leads”. In fact, the Cape-Verdean is not referenced for crimes of paedophilia or for kidnappings.

PJ team from Porto was given "carte blanche" to investigate

Helena Monteiro, an inspector coordinator of criminal investigation, leads the 4 man team of PJ inspectors from Porto, that have for over two years, analysed the process in minute detail and have requested its reopening. The JN knows they were given a carte blanche from the National Directorship of the PJ to define the investigative steps and to choose the inspectors who will carry them out. The investigators from Porto were involved in a missing person case in 2010, the disappearance of Carina Ferreira, a student from Lamego who died in a car accident, whose body was found five weeks later by the PJ from Porto.

Other suspects

3 men of gipsy ethnicity, the occupiers of a white van, alongside the Cape-Verdean immigrant are the most recent leads of the two investigations that are taking place in Portugal and in England. Six years after the disappearance none of the two investigations was able to reach a conclusion about what happened in the night of May 3, 2007.

The 3 men were referenced as suspects by the English investigation following informations given by Ocean Club employees [in fact this is information taken from a former Ocean Club employee statement contained in the the PJ investigation case files] in an attempt to fit them in the thesis that Madeleine was abducted in the sequence of a robbery to the McCann's apartment. The men would have been seen roaming the tourist resort [according to the statement, four months before the McCanns arrived at Aldeia da Luz] where the McCanns would later be lodged, and were singled out as possibly being responsible for a series of thefts in the area.

The reference to the white van also comes up as a lead in the English investigation, where a witness [again from the PJ case files and the sighting was dismissed, they were Ukrainians and the blond girl was their daughter] guarantees to have seen a child similar to Madeleine, a day after the crime.

in Jornal de Notícias, November 2, 2013, page 10, paper edition



http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2013/11/pj-investigates-past-of-suspect-who.html


What do you make of this article?  I have become despondent

Estelle

Posts : 386
Reputation : 79
Join date : 2009-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the re-opening signifies the beginning of the end. Thread of HOPE.

Post by Lance De Boils on 06.11.13 18:55

It's just more of the same.
Guesswork.

[Does my face look bovvered?]

Lance De Boils

Posts : 805
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2011-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the re-opening signifies the beginning of the end. Thread of HOPE.

Post by NickE on 09.11.13 20:51

Is the criminal profiler Lee Rainbow involved in the British investigation in some way?

NickE

Posts : 916
Reputation : 217
Join date : 2013-10-27
Age : 41

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the re-opening signifies the beginning of the end. Thread of HOPE.

Post by Guest on 09.11.13 20:57

@NickE wrote:Is the criminal profiler Lee Rainbow involved in the British investigation in some way?
***
He was. I don't know, if he still is, though.

At the time Rainbow wrote: “It was Madeleine’s father who was the last one to see her alive. The family is a lead that should be followed. The contradictions in Gerald McCann’s statements might lead us to suspect a homicide.”

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why the re-opening signifies the beginning of the end. Thread of HOPE.

Post by T4two on 09.11.13 21:11

IMO Scotland Yard are trawling - it's what the UK police do - trawl, record and analyse all the information thus gathered in their EDP system. The Portuguese police are carrying out work requested as part of Scotland Yard's trawling exercise. Without any real developments the media are busy creating sensational headlines/stories or as usual printing what's given to them by Mitchell/Lift.

T4two

Posts : 166
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2012-01-22
Age : 68
Location : Germany

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the re-opening signifies the beginning of the end. Thread of HOPE.

Post by jcloth on 10.11.13 2:17

This is stupidly anecdotal and you have no reason to believe me... but what the hell - it's the thread of hope so enjoy!

My girlfriend's sister brought up recently that a colleague told her that her husband's cousin is high up in the MET and said that they have been aware for the MC's involvement for a long time (and that the reopening of the investigation is intended to bear this out).

This was 2 weeks ago and until then I had not taken any interest in the case. Obviously the claim intrigued me and I was stunned at what I found!

Hopefully justice will be done very soon

jcloth

Posts : 8
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the re-opening signifies the beginning of the end. Thread of HOPE.

Post by Okeydokey on 10.11.13 2:22

@jcloth wrote:This is stupidly anecdotal and you have no reason to believe me... but what the hell - it's the thread of hope so enjoy!

My girlfriend's sister brought up recently that a colleague told her that her husband's cousin is high up in the MET and said that they have been aware for the MC's involvement for a long time (and that the reopening of the investigation is intended to bear this out).

This was 2 weeks ago and until then I had not taken any interest in the case. Obviously the claim intrigued me and I was stunned at what I found!

Hopefully justice will be done very soon
Oh well...stray straws in the wind are always very welcome! :)

Okeydokey

Posts : 919
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2013-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the re-opening signifies the beginning of the end. Thread of HOPE.

Post by DonNewbery on 11.11.13 11:54

Bit surprised no one's mentioned this (or at least, I can't find it - my apologies if someone has ...):

https://twitter.com/fuzzle7777

Follow the links.

Surely grounds for hope.

DonNewbery

Posts : 67
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the re-opening signifies the beginning of the end. Thread of HOPE.

Post by margaret on 11.11.13 13:26

@DonNewbery wrote:Bit surprised no one's mentioned this (or at least, I can't find it - my apologies if someone has ...):

https://twitter.com/fuzzle7777

Follow the links.

Surely grounds for hope.
The only thing he tells you to do is go to the Met Polices homepage on FB.  I don't get how we should be hopeful from that?

Can you explain or send the links by PM please?

margaret

Posts : 585
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the re-opening signifies the beginning of the end. Thread of HOPE.

Post by DonNewbery on 11.11.13 13:30

@margaret wrote:
@DonNewbery wrote:Bit surprised no one's mentioned this (or at least, I can't find it - my apologies if someone has ...):

https://twitter.com/fuzzle7777

Follow the links.

Surely grounds for hope.
The only thing he tells you to do is go to the Met Polices homepage on FB.  I don't get how we should be hopeful from that?

Can you explain or send the links by PM please?
Go to MP Facebook and scroll down to Oct 23. You'll find it. I'm deliberately speaking rather quietly on this, in fear it'll get removed.

DonNewbery

Posts : 67
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the re-opening signifies the beginning of the end. Thread of HOPE.

Post by MrsC on 11.11.13 13:38

@DonNewbery wrote:
@margaret wrote:
@DonNewbery wrote:Bit surprised no one's mentioned this (or at least, I can't find it - my apologies if someone has ...):

https://twitter.com/fuzzle7777

Follow the links.

Surely grounds for hope.
The only thing he tells you to do is go to the Met Polices homepage on FB.  I don't get how we should be hopeful from that?

Can you explain or send the links by PM please?
Go to MP Facebook and scroll down to Oct 23. You'll find it. I'm deliberately speaking rather quietly on this, in fear it'll get removed.
I'm not on Facebook and don't really want to join - could you tell us roughly what they have to say, please?

____________________
Sooner or later in life, we will all take our own turn being in the position we once had someone else in.

*

The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out...

Thomas Babington Macaulay

MrsC

Posts : 244
Reputation : 30
Join date : 2011-05-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the re-opening signifies the beginning of the end. Thread of HOPE.

Post by DonNewbery on 11.11.13 13:45

@MrsC wrote:
@DonNewbery wrote:
@margaret wrote:
@DonNewbery wrote:Bit surprised no one's mentioned this (or at least, I can't find it - my apologies if someone has ...):

https://twitter.com/fuzzle7777

Follow the links.

Surely grounds for hope.
The only thing he tells you to do is go to the Met Polices homepage on FB.  I don't get how we should be hopeful from that?

Can you explain or send the links by PM please?
Go to MP Facebook and scroll down to Oct 23. You'll find it. I'm deliberately speaking rather quietly on this, in fear it'll get removed.
I'm not on Facebook and don't really want to join - could you tell us roughly what they have to say, please?
At least 10 different people have made v strong statements on the MP facebook page debunking the abduction theory and demanding truth for M ... and they have not been removed. That is why I think there is some grounds for hope.

DonNewbery

Posts : 67
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the re-opening signifies the beginning of the end. Thread of HOPE.

Post by MrsC on 11.11.13 14:06

That's great news - thanks for that! yes

____________________
Sooner or later in life, we will all take our own turn being in the position we once had someone else in.

*

The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out...

Thomas Babington Macaulay

MrsC

Posts : 244
Reputation : 30
Join date : 2011-05-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the re-opening signifies the beginning of the end. Thread of HOPE.

Post by margaret on 11.11.13 18:45

@DonNewbery wrote:
@margaret wrote:
@DonNewbery wrote:Bit surprised no one's mentioned this (or at least, I can't find it - my apologies if someone has ...):

https://twitter.com/fuzzle7777

Follow the links.

Surely grounds for hope.
The only thing he tells you to do is go to the Met Polices homepage on FB.  I don't get how we should be hopeful from that?

Can you explain or send the links by PM please?
Go to MP Facebook and scroll down to Oct 23. You'll find it. I'm deliberately speaking rather quietly on this, in fear it'll get removed.
Is that it? If they scroll down to October 16th they'll find the efits and appeals in various languages all with similar non believing comments.

There is a link on the 23rd to where 'mr.amarals wife responds' but that's old news.

margaret

Posts : 585
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the re-opening signifies the beginning of the end. Thread of HOPE.

Post by PeterMac on 11.11.13 19:58

For posterity, and to prevent "whooshing" here they are
Metropolitan Police Service shared a link.
October 23
Commissioner Hogan-Howe was on LBC 97.3 this morning taking your questions. You can watch the full interview now via the link below
http://www.lbc.co.uk/watch-met-police-commissioner---live-from-8am-80109
WATCH: Met Police Commissioner - Live From 8am
www.lbc.co.uk

Lesly Finn I dare say there were no questions asked about the 'investigation' into Madeleine McCann's disappearance being reopened by the Portuguese police? Their investigation is in addition to the Operation Grange one led by DCI Redwood. Some social commentators are already suggesting that its all heading for a politically acceptable whitewash. I hope that isn't going to prove to be the case.

Lisa Edington So the McCann's 'hid' the e-fits for 5 years?! Is that not called perverting the course of justice? All background info on the case here https://www.facebook.com/.../

Gary Chelsea http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/...

Mo N Hales I think it's fair to say the Madeleine McCann investigation is not as we first thought, are you going to investigate the flaws, due to public interest I think you should!

Mick Lunt The McScams are guilty liars!! Do your job!!

Legally Occupier Child endangerment, obstructing justice are just two charges.

Doreen Laws Hart As has already been said over 16,000 people just on one Facebook page and there are no doubt plenty more! We all want justice for Maddie! We can all see the discrepancies and we pray to god YOU do too and will act on them!

Graham Cherrett Over 16,000 people on just one facebook page. Are they all going to be branded vile trolls by the compliant media to protect the McCanns? The Met need to get their finger out as the snowball isn't going to roll back up the hill.

George N Selina Porritt Graham where you say Mccanns email peoples employers what is it they are saying to the employers? Just curious as I had my opinion on fb which will probably result in an attempt for them to sue lol,,,,, it's pathetic that they do that what happened to freedom of speech which we are entitled too and to ask questions if we so wish

Liz Newman Are the Met going to give any answers to the article featured in the Sunday Times today?

John Mckinley Why are you engaged in a disgraceful cover up? You are supposed to be police.If you can't see that the McCanns are responsible for the little girls disappearance,I suggest you find alternative employment.

Anke Schafflhuber Had a couple of phone calls regarding a request. Rude staff did not feel responsible and two of them hung up!!

Lindsey Deakin Paul.. I cant see the comment in the link? Has it been removed?

Sonam Julka has anyone sufferred at the hands of Insstitute LSBF london school of business and finance?? they have robbed me of 4300 GBP please help me.

Paul Rees Over sixteen thousand people have serious problems understanding why evidence against the McCanns themselves is being ignored in favour of outlandish theories to implicate any other person - alive or preferably dead - it would seem. .

Paul Rees https://www.facebook.com/groups/507450985946255/

Legally Occupier paul I agree with you there.

Amanda Mallon Ne Lelliott Me Too paul..! Why is everyone scared of the McCanns?? someone must have the Gutts to speak out..?!?!??. Find the Truth.. Please!

Graham Cherrett The "abductor" isn't scared. He was forgiven, but if anyone raises doubts or questions they get the lawyers on to them or the bunny boiling supporters to email peoples employers etc.

Brenda Leyland There are many people now who are feeling disquiet about the handling of the McCann case, the lack of accountability by the parents and the many anomalies thrown up. I am trying to remain hopeful that truly " no stone will be left unturned"

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the re-opening signifies the beginning of the end. Thread of HOPE.

Post by Guest on 05.12.13 22:36

My apologies for not thanking forum members earlier for your kind welcome.

I noticed I made an error in my previous post regarding a question Kirsty posed to the McCanns in the CW interview.  It wasn't the first question, it was the one she asked at 18:12 minutes in:

"Do you always feel conscious there's a Madeleine-shaped hole there?"

To me, this question had to be framed by a criminal psychologist.  It works on two levels.

A Madeleine-shaped hole could be construed as the pain her disappearance has caused her parents.

A 'Madeleine-shaped hole' could also be her grave.

Since my last post I've seen nothing to deter me from the belief that the end is nigh. Imminent, even.  It pains me to hear SY's investigation is just a whitewash.  Isn't the Redwood the tallest tree in the forest?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why the re-opening signifies the beginning of the end. Thread of HOPE.

Post by Mirage on 05.12.13 23:12

Black Moon wrote:My apologies for not thanking forum members earlier for your kind welcome.

I noticed I made an error in my previous post regarding a question Kirsty posed to the McCanns in the CW interview.  It wasn't the first question, it was the one she asked at 18:12 minutes in:

"Do you always feel conscious there's a Madeleine-shaped hole there?"

To me, this question had to be framed by a criminal psychologist.  It works on two levels.

A Madeleine-shaped hole could be construed as the pain her disappearance has caused her parents.

A 'Madeleine-shaped hole' could also be her grave.

Since my last post I've seen nothing to deter me from the belief that the end is nigh. Imminent, even.  It pains me to hear SY's investigation is just a whitewash.  Isn't the Redwood the tallest tree in the forest?
Very good point Black Moon. I thought that was an extraordinary turn of phrase to use in the circumstances.

____________________
Kate McCann: "It's too 'ot. Give 'im a minute."

Mirage

Posts : 1665
Reputation : 382
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the re-opening signifies the beginning of the end. Thread of HOPE.

Post by ultimaThule on 05.12.13 23:44

welcome Black Moon.  

It's amused me immensely to think of the cynicism with which the McCanns were kept sweet in order to secure their 'live' appearance on Crimewatch and, so we're told, pay for it to be aired outside of the UK.

Those flattering images of a happy family holiday which never happened were artfully crafted to entice them into a somewhat larger body-shaped hole than the one Kirsty Wark described.   Such is their vanity and their greed for more funds to swell the limited company's coffers, they fell into it and, for all we know, continue to take heart from the dulcet of tones of AR assuring them they are not 'suspects or persons of interest'.  

I sincerely hope this is the case as I have misgivings in respect of whether those who are directing this portion of the proceedings have given sufficient thought to the welfare and wellbeing of the twins, particularly as their parents pay nothing more than lip service to the tenets of the Catholic faith in order to disguise their lack of piety.

ultimaThule

Posts : 3355
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the re-opening signifies the beginning of the end. Thread of HOPE.

Post by marconi on 06.12.13 7:49

On Crimewatch 2, I heard the words "important leads of inquire", which Redwood said for the first time, if I am not mistaken.  The word important gives me hope. I suspect that the Yard is concentrated now on the Smith man, on 5a, on the dogs and on the curtins...
On an article I read some "weeks" and a "few months".  I suspect that we are near the end.

marconi

Posts : 1082
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the re-opening signifies the beginning of the end. Thread of HOPE.

Post by marconi on 06.12.13 8:30

Please call youtube 

Gerry and Kate McCann november 2010-Guardian

(where one can notice that Gerry does not dare to look at the interviewer)

Gerry McCann & Kate McCann nov 2010   Sky

I love those videos.
They regret, don't they?

marconi

Posts : 1082
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the re-opening signifies the beginning of the end. Thread of HOPE.

Post by MarleneP on 06.12.13 14:55

@marconi wrote:Please call youtube 

Gerry and Kate McCann november 2010-Guardian

(where one can notice that Gerry does not dare to look at the interviewer)

Gerry McCann & Kate McCann nov 2010   Sky

I love those videos.
They regret, don't they?
Interesting videos. MCCs have pleaded the government to seek (or ordered) and now three years later, the fund is closed?

MarleneP

Posts : 110
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the re-opening signifies the beginning of the end. Thread of HOPE.

Post by Guest on 06.12.13 15:15

@Mirage wrote:
Black Moon wrote:My apologies for not thanking forum members earlier for your kind welcome.

I noticed I made an error in my previous post regarding a question Kirsty posed to the McCanns in the CW interview.  It wasn't the first question, it was the one she asked at 18:12 minutes in:

"Do you always feel conscious there's a Madeleine-shaped hole there?"

To me, this question had to be framed by a criminal psychologist.  It works on two levels.

A Madeleine-shaped hole could be construed as the pain her disappearance has caused her parents.

A 'Madeleine-shaped hole' could also be her grave.

Since my last post I've seen nothing to deter me from the belief that the end is nigh. Imminent, even.  It pains me to hear SY's investigation is just a whitewash.  Isn't the Redwood the tallest tree in the forest?
Very good point Black Moon. I thought that was an extraordinary turn of phrase to use in the circumstances.
But the reply from KM was even more extraordinary:

"It's when you have the big family occaisions, really. That's it basically, the big family occasions.."

Surely a mother would feel the loss of her child all day every day. Not just party days. 
There should be a Madeleine shaped hole in her heart (if she has one).

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why the re-opening signifies the beginning of the end. Thread of HOPE.

Post by brixham on 07.12.13 13:20

dantezebu wrote:
@Mirage wrote:
Black Moon wrote:My apologies for not thanking forum members earlier for your kind welcome.

I noticed I made an error in my previous post regarding a question Kirsty posed to the McCanns in the CW interview.  It wasn't the first question, it was the one she asked at 18:12 minutes in:

"Do you always feel conscious there's a Madeleine-shaped hole there?"

To me, this question had to be framed by a criminal psychologist.  It works on two levels.

A Madeleine-shaped hole could be construed as the pain her disappearance has caused her parents.

A 'Madeleine-shaped hole' could also be her grave.

Since my last post I've seen nothing to deter me from the belief that the end is nigh. Imminent, even.  It pains me to hear SY's investigation is just a whitewash.  Isn't the Redwood the tallest tree in the forest?
Very good point Black Moon. I thought that was an extraordinary turn of phrase to use in the circumstances.
But the reply from KM was even more extraordinary:

"It's when you have the big family occaisions, really. That's it basically, the big family occasions.."

Surely a mother would feel the loss of her child all day every day. Not just party days. 
There should be a Madeleine shaped hole in her heart (if she has one).
If you watch the video, IMO, GM nudges KM to stop her talking.

"It's when you have the big family occaisions, really." --NUDGE FROM GM-- "That's it basically, the big family occasions.."

brixham

Posts : 42
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the re-opening signifies the beginning of the end. Thread of HOPE.

Post by Guest on 07.12.13 14:19

@brixham wrote:[...] If you watch the video, IMO, GM nudges KM to stop her talking.

"It's when you have the big family occasions, really." --NUDGE FROM GM-- "That's it basically, the big family occasions.."
***
Yes, I've seen that too. And it is not the first time I see him doing this kind of warning / interruption ...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why the re-opening signifies the beginning of the end. Thread of HOPE.

Post by NickE on 13.12.13 20:13

I have received information that PJ will request a new reconstruction in PdL.
Can anyone confirm this, or any other information on this?

NickE

Posts : 916
Reputation : 217
Join date : 2013-10-27
Age : 41

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum