The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Why the re-opening signifies the beginning of the end. Thread of HOPE.

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why the re-opening signifies the beginning of the end. Thread of HOPE.

Post by Lance De Boils on 25.10.13 18:56

Ray of Light Number 1.

Why the re-opening signifies the beginning of the end.

A real resolution to this case MUST be in the pipeline.

The Portuguese would not be reopening the case without significant, compelling EVIDENCE.

Imagine the furore if the case were to be "shelved" a second time?

Then, surely more PJ files would have to be made public.

And then what?

This HAS to be the beginning of the end.

=============================================

Ray of Light Number 2.

IF  the  McCanns have committed a crime/crimes in Portugal (other than, or including, the self-confessed child-neglect), then...

... this could be the trap of the century.

If so, the McCanns' greed has given the hunters their perfect opportunity.

They submit their applications to be heard at the libel trial. They state publicly their desire to give evidence in person.

The judge is considering their application.

There is a pause in the trial.

During this time, the case is QUICKLY REOPENED.

THEN, if the McCanns are granted permission to give evidence, they will both be on Portuguese soil.

How could they justify not turning up?

THEN they could be made arguido, or even arrested. By the Portuguese. With the backing of SY.

= Game over.

The McCanns now know this. There's nothing they can do, apart from seek assurances that there is no evidence against them.

=======================================

Ray of Light Number 3.

IF  the  McCanns have committed a crime/crimes in Portugal (other than, or including, the self-confessed child-neglect), then...

... perhaps we should not read anything into Redwood's stated position regarding whether or not the McCanns and their associates are potential suspects.

Maybe he has not been dishonest by stating that his investigation has not uncovered evidence that points to the parents.

HOWEVER, 
he might not be speaking on behalf of the PJ's "parallel" investigation, which we are now told has also brought up new evidence and leads.

And they are not allowed to comment on their findings, due to judicial secrecy.

========================================

Ray of Light Number 4.

The Crimewatch Programme:   Redwood, by doing away with Tanner's "bundleman", has played a blinder for Amaral. 

The McCanns are suing on the basis of his book and documentary causing huge damage to the search for Madeleine.

But let's look at the reality.

Cast your minds back, over the last 6 1/2 years. 

WHO was it that insisted on releasing the drawings of "bundle-man" against the advice of the PJ

WHO called a police-style press-conference to tell the world that the man Tanner saw was the "abductor", despite the PJ's reticence?

WHO has pushed Tanner's "bundleman" down the public's throats, insisting that he must be the "abductor"?

WHO's memory about this sighting improved greatly over time, allowing her to add details of the style of pyjamas being worn by the child - and,
WHO said that those pyjamas matched what Madeleine was wearing that night?

WHO begged the world to look for "bundleman", to the exclusion of other evidence/sightings/explanations?

Now, remind me...
...WHO apparently caused the greatest damage to the "search"? Hmm?

=====================================

Lance De Boils

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why the re-opening signifies the beginning of the end. Thread of HOPE.

Post by margaret on 25.10.13 19:04

Thanks for starting this thread LdB, l have to say some of the negative posters were getting on my nerves.

You have to ask yourself WHY the Mccanns look so terrified lately.

Ask yourself WHY they have applied for assistente status if they feel they're home and dry.

I continue to remain hopeful, l hope I'm not going to be disappointed.

margaret

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils on 25.10.13 19:12

Indeed.

It is understandable that people are so cynical about this case. So much chaff and next-to-no wheat.

But, I'll wait to see if the final coat is applied before I start stocking up on paint-thinner.

Lance De Boils

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 25.10.13 19:14

@margaret wrote:Thanks for starting this thread LdB, l have to say some of the negative posters were getting on my nerves.

You have to ask yourself WHY the Mccanns look so terrified lately.

Ask yourself WHY they have applied for assistente status if they feel they're home and dry.

I continue to remain hopeful, l hope I'm not going to be disappointed.
And why has the lawyer suddenly appeared?  Not up on these things but if you are not being investigated, why would you need a lawyer, especially as they tell us they are not considered suspects?  Don't get it.

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 25.10.13 19:18

Is it Mrs. Duarte who is the defence lawyer in Portugal?

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 25.10.13 19:20

His name is on earlier on other thread in Standard article - I've forgotten, but is it this one from the top of forum header, or was that the other one.........

Kate McCann's lawyer Carlos Pinto de Abreu: ''If you were Portuguese this would be enough to put you in prison.''

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils on 25.10.13 19:23

Rogério Alves

Lance De Boils

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 25.10.13 19:25

Thanks for name and as someone posted why do they need to consult a defence lawyer at present?

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 25.10.13 19:26

@Lance De Boils wrote:Rogério Alves
Yes thanks Lance, I just found it too.  The other one was when they were made arguidos.....did he get the order of the boot big grin

Back to top Go down

Post by gbwales on 25.10.13 19:27

Thanks Lance! Totally agree with Margaret - got some minor blood pressure issues from the other thread big grin 

Totally understand cynicism where this case is concerned, but we have to accept all kinds of spin and bullcrap in the midst of all this.
I'm more with following your logic and PeterMac's logic and senses here.

I refuse to believe the Portuguese would enter the fray again were it not for an endgame - and that they would also make sure they went in prepared.

Mr Universe to Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

gbwales

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 25.10.13 19:27

The McCanns’ Portuguese lawyer, Rogerio Alves, said local police have finally admitted to the couple they no longer regard them as suspects, more than five years after the original investigation was shelved.

Unquote

Why is the Daily Mail telling us that the McCann's are  "no longer regard[ed]   as suspects"?  Haven't the McCann's repeated over and over, for the last 6 + years that they were exonerated of all suspicion on the shelving of the case back in 2008? So, one has to ask the question, what is the lawyer for?

The same lawyer also said " 'The secrecy order that’s been placed on this case prevents me from saying what the new lines of inquiry are"

'The police asked us specifically not to compromise the investigation and we are all obliged to respect the secrecy order".

'It would be a crime for anyone working within the file with full information on the details to talk about it. We don’t have the full details, we just have an idea. "

So, in reality, the McCann's lawyer has no more knowledge of what's going on, than we do on this forum.

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sami on 25.10.13 19:28

Lance De Boils, thank you, a refreshing topic.  I shall pop in here regularly to re-read and keep my spirits up.  thumbsup

sami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iamfreecanigo on 25.10.13 19:37

Nothing id like more than to see the McCcanns in jail, however you are kidding yourself if you think this is happening. The idea that this is all some big secret plot to get the McCanns to portugal is absurd. If SY were in on this, they would just arrest the McCanns and send them back to portugal, like they would do to Assange given half the chance. They would also let the press print negative stuff against the McCanns, rather than insist they are nothing more than saints.

I wish this were true, but its not. For years we thought that the police were setting the McCanns up, its never happened yet. I wont happen this time, sorry but thats just reality.

iamfreecanigo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret on 25.10.13 19:37

@sallypelt wrote:

So, in reality, the McCann's lawyer has no more knowledge of what's going on, than we do on this forum.
Which can only be good news IMO!

margaret

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by thetruthbeknown on 25.10.13 19:39

Lawyers are not privvy to ALL details of ongoing investigations, only that which concerns their clients...at present PJ will not leap in too quick, and when they do, if they do, I think it will be brutal and final

thetruthbeknown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret on 25.10.13 19:40

@iamfreecanigo wrote:If SY were in on this, they would just arrest the McCanns and send them back to portugal, like they would do to Assange given half the chance.
EXACTLY.

margaret

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 25.10.13 19:41

@iamfreecanigo wrote:Nothing id like more than to see the McScams in jail, however you are kidding yourself if you think this is happening. The idea that this is all some big secret plot to get the McCanns to portugal is absurd. If SY were in on this, they would just arrest the McCanns and send them back to portugal, like they would do to Assange given half the chance. They would also let the press print negative stuff against the McCanns, rather than insist they are nothing more than saints.

I wish this were true, but its not. For years we thought that the police were setting the McCanns up, its never happened yet. I wont happen this time, sorry but thats just reality.
So, if you are convinced this is a complete whitewash, where do we go from here? Should we all pack up and go home? I can't see any point of spending anymore time fighting for justice, if all that's left is a complete whitewash!

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 25.10.13 19:44

It's called the thread of hope, not the whitewash thread.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 25.10.13 19:48

@plebgate wrote:It's called the thread of hope, not the whitewash thread.
Plebgate, I am feeling like Margaret. All this negativity for negativity's sake, is getting to me. What the hell have we been doing here, for the last 6 + years, if we are repeatedly being told by a small minority that it's all pointless.

This reopening of the case is what we have all been waiting for, so why do some people insist that it's all a waste of time?

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 25.10.13 19:51

We are all entitled to our opinions I suppose SallyP, but why post negative posts on a thread of Hope. lol.

We can just keep posting our opinions and stick to what we believe.  smilie

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 25.10.13 20:04

@margaret wrote:
@iamfreecanigo wrote:If SY were in on this, they would just arrest the McCanns and send them back to portugal, like they would do to Assange given half the chance.
EXACTLY.
Perhaps SY aren't in on this, it is a separate investigation we are told.

Back to top Go down

Post by Five Star on 25.10.13 20:04

If there is proof that someone is guilty, does that mean they are no longer seen as a suspect?  ... could that explain things?

Five Star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iamfreecanigo on 25.10.13 20:05

@sallypelt wrote:
@iamfreecanigo wrote:Nothing id like more than to see the McScams in jail, however you are kidding yourself if you think this is happening. The idea that this is all some big secret plot to get the McCanns to portugal is absurd. If SY were in on this, they would just arrest the McCanns and send them back to portugal, like they would do to Assange given half the chance. They would also let the press print negative stuff against the McCanns, rather than insist they are nothing more than saints.

So, if you are convinced this is a complete whitewash, where do we go from here?  Should we all pack up and go home? I can't see any point of spending anymore time fighting for justice, if all that's left is a complete whitewash!
Of course we can hope, however lets not speculate so wildly, imo there is a lot of genuine true information and facts on this site about the McCanns, if we bury it with wild speculation and asserting things like this, it will only serve to undermine that we are able to look at the facts and come to logical conclusions. I understand this thread tho, we need something to cling onto, but you don't get much when you are against the McCanns, thats why i had to step back for a while, to preserve my sanity.

iamfreecanigo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 25.10.13 20:06

empathy Thank you LdB!  It does give me a little hope. More than  that. Iirc  Alves isn't the best and brightest. 
Aubreu is intelligent. 

In any case, whatever the arrangement, imo there is no country in the world  where an investigation is going to give all their information to those being investigated.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 25.10.13 20:08

@iamfreecanigo wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:

So, if you are convinced this is a complete whitewash, where do we go from here?  Should we all pack up and go home? I can't see any point of spending anymore time fighting for justice, if all that's left is a complete whitewash!
Of course we can hope, however lets not speculate so wildly, imo there is a lot of genuine true information and facts on this site about the McCanns, if we bury it with wild speculation and asserting things like this, it will only serve to undermine that we are able to look at the facts and come to logical conclusions. I understand this thread tho, we need something to cling onto, but you don't get much when you are against the McCanns, thats why i had to step back for a while, to preserve my sanity.
Well, if you explain what it is that's being said about the McCann's, that you don't agree with, then maybe people on here will support your claims. As it is, when one makes a statement, one has to back it up with the information. Sweeping statements aren't worth the time of day, without backing them up with facts

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum