The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

UPDATE CASE REOPENED IN PORTUGAL - McCanns apply for 'assistant' (assistente)status

Page 4 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: UPDATE CASE REOPENED IN PORTUGAL - McCanns apply for 'assistant' (assistente)status

Post by Mirage on 24.10.13 0:19

candyfloss wrote:Finally Sky have picked it up...............

Madeleine McCann: Portugal Cops May Open Case

12:04am UK, Thursday 24 October 2013

The Portuguese police are to request that the Madeleine McCann investigation be reopened, according to local media.
Police in Oporto have been reviewing the case and have identified a number of issues they wish to clarify, an unnamed police source was quoted as saying. 
The move to re-examine the case in Portugal comes after a fresh appeal for information was aired across Europe.
The original Portuguese police investigation ended in 2008  
Police received more than 2,400 phone calls from the public following the broadcast of a reconstruction of events leading up to three-year-old's disappearance in 2007

British police say their review of the case suggests it was a premeditated abduction, with their focus turning towards a man seen carrying a child at about the same time Madeleine was found to be missing from the family's holiday apartment.
Detectives have released two e-fit images of a man they want to speak to in connection with the case based on the accounts of two witnesses.
Both described seeing him in Praia da Luz on the evening of May 3.
Four other e-fits based on witness accounts of men seen in the area, some of whom may have been working as "charity collectors" who may or may not be genuine were also released.

More follows...

http://news.sky.com/story/1158880/madeleine-mccann-portugal-cops-may-open-case
I like the "clarify" bit.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: UPDATE CASE REOPENED IN PORTUGAL - McCanns apply for 'assistant' (assistente)status

Post by Pyewacket on 24.10.13 0:19

@Mirage wrote:
@jeanmonroe wrote:Next thing we'll hear from poodle man is that they have been asking everyday, personally, for the last 6 years 5 months, for the PJ to re-open the 'case' into their daughter's 'disappearance'

That they have spent all the 'fund' (£2million+) money on stamps on all the thousands of letters they sent to the Portuguese Attorny General's office, every day, DEMANDING that the 'case' be re-opened.
At the end of her report on ITV news the woman reporter made a big point that the re-opening of the case was something the McCanns had always asked for! I suppose it will take a while for the media to lose the habit of spinning.
Thing is with all the recent exposure in the press, and CW episode, there is no way that they can refuse to go back to PdL to face the Police or attend a reconstruction. If not voluntarily, now that the case is to be re-opened there is the possibility that they could be forced to.

The parents welcome it..........I think not

Pyewacket

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by melisande on 24.10.13 0:20

The Portuguese police are to request that the Madeleine McCann investigation be reopened, according to local media.
Police in Oporto have been reviewing the case and have identified a number of issues they wish to clarify, an unnamed police source was quoted as saying. 
The move to re-examine the case in Portugal comes after a fresh appeal for information was aired across Europe.
Police received more than 2,400 phone calls from the public following the broadcast of a reconstruction of events leading up to three-year-old's disappearance in 2007

British police say their review of the case suggests it was a premeditated abduction, with their focus turning towards a man seen carrying a child at about the same time Madeleine was found to be missing from the family's holiday apartment.
Detectives have released two e-fit images of a man they want to speak to in connection with the case based on the accounts of two witnesses.
Four other e-fits based on witness accounts of men seen in the area, some of whom may have been working as "charity collectors" who may or may not be genuine were also released.

More follows...

It was discussed during the newspaper review.  Do not know who the two guests were but they were saying how fantastic the mccanns have been in keeping the pressure up and also said it was all because of Scotland Yard's work .  They clearly didn't know it was unrelated to the SY investigation.

melisande

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 24.10.13 0:24

@jeanmonroe wrote:Next thing we'll hear from poodle man is that they have been asking everyday, personally, for the last 6 years 5 months, for the PJ to re-open the 'case' into their daughter's 'disappearance'

That they have spent all the 'fund' (£2million+) money on stamps on all the thousands of letters they sent to the Portuguese Attorny General's office, every day, DEMANDING that the 'case' be re-opened.

They did do THAT, right?
I'm reasonably sure that a forensic audit of the 'fund' will reveal there's 2p left in the kitty and £10 owed to one of the directors for sandal shoe repairs or similar minor expense incurred when turning over stones at the Hotel Lap de Luxury. 

I expect poodle man gets his bonios paid in advance and he's most probably resigned to there being an absence of winalot for the foreseeable future.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 24.10.13 0:26

@Searcher wrote:Who knows - maybe this site has been read, even studied.  I'm sure its research, contributors, and actual common sense will have been seen.  I can't imagine it would not have been. yes  Let's hope for progress.
You can bet on it yes

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique on 24.10.13 0:28

candyfloss wrote:UK Justice Forum @Justice_forum 4m
Dr Amaral said to be pleased that the AG has at last decided to reopen the #Madeleine #McCann case as it should never have been shelved.
I am very wary about this re-opening but if Goncalo Amaral is pleased then so am I and just maybe it's going to be a Portuguese only re-opening.

I don't trust AR/SY any further than I could throw a cow as regards sneaking in to get their mitts on any undisclosed files.

Angelique

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 24.10.13 0:29

@melisande wrote:

More follows...

It was discussed during the newspaper review.  Do not know who the two guests were but they were saying how fantastic the mccanns have been in keeping the pressure up and also said it was all because of Scotland Yard's work .  They clearly didn't know it was unrelated to the SY investigation.
Most of the reviewers I've seen are complete numpties who love the sound of their own voices. They will come into their own under New World Order when Big Bruv wants the prols in bed and asleep by 11 o'clock.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 24.10.13 0:31

@ultimaThule wrote: Andy Redwood won't be able to bring any influence to bear on the PJ in the event they decide to make the Tapas 9 arguidos and haul their arses over to Portugal for a reconstruction if they refuse to go voluntarily.  winkwink 

I wonder how that's going to sit with the McCanns' pals especially as they'll need to take time off work and may have to extend whatever leave they're given in order to aid the PJ's investigation?
............................................................................................

BBC steering well 'clear'!

And ALL their friends, who have stated, ad nauseum, that THEY will do absolutely ANYTHING to help get Madeleine 'back'

Well, here's their opportunity!

Hope they will arrange babysitters for all their kids, whilst they are 'doing all they can' in Portugal!

Baby 'monitors' won't do THIS time, Mr and Mrs Payne!

JT is 'excused' getting a babysitter.

She, 'with the eagle eyes', will be able to see her unlocked house, (in case of a fire happening, you understand) in Exeter,UK, from PDL in Portugal!

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Searcher on 24.10.13 0:31

Yes, ultimaThule; so many points and unresolved issues (as in "impossibliities"!) have been discussed here.  It has given me some real hope.  I cannot imagine that the Ms have 'constantly asked' for the case to be reopened!  Oooops.  titter

Searcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sockpuppet on 24.10.13 0:33

Oh, just seen the news on Sky, am all a quiver!

Really don't know which way this is going to go.  But I'm having difficulty imagining the Portuguese re-opening the investigation to white-wash it.

Think we will all know very soon.

Sockpuppet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Searcher on 24.10.13 0:35

LBC (London) 12.30 am news:  "Portuguese TV is reporting that police in the country are preparing to propose to the court that they should re-open the case.  An investigatory team reviewing the whole case have found some issues that they need to clarify."

Searcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sietah on 24.10.13 0:36

Sietah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 24.10.13 0:37

@Sockpuppet wrote:Oh, just seen the news on Sky, am all a quiver!

Really don't know which way this is going to go.  But I'm having difficulty imagining the Portuguese re-opening the investigation to white-wash it.

Hark! Do I hear the sound of a raging bull and a bed being smashed up?

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique on 24.10.13 0:49

@Sietah wrote:

Choice ! :)

Angelique

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 24.10.13 0:50

@Mirage wrote:
@Sockpuppet wrote:Oh, just seen the news on Sky, am all a quiver!

Hark! Do I hear the sound of a raging bull and a bed being smashed up?
Er, nope!

All you can hear is 'Tiny Tears' sitting in the corner sobbing 'it's a disaster!, it's a disaster! They are re-opening the case'

And with the occaisional 'wail' thrown in!

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 24.10.13 0:50

No Way imo,  after all the taxpayers' money being spent can any of them not go back for reconstruction if called. 

The re-opening of the case is what they have fought for these many years and Pinky is reported as saying they welcome it.

Why would they not want to go back and help in any way?

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 24.10.13 0:54

@plebgate wrote:No Way imo,  after all the taxpayers' money being spent can any of them not go back for reconstruction if called. 

The re-opening of the case is what they have fought for these many years and Pinky is reported as saying they welcome it.

Why would they not want to go back and help in any way?
Will you be going back to Portugal to help, Jane?

"Yeah, no, yeah, so i don't know"

"so yeah but, but yeah not, not a lot”.

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique on 24.10.13 0:55

Trouble is they may still want to book into the Dom Pedro and have a private jet not forgetting NZ on tap.

Angelique

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Searcher on 24.10.13 0:55

Jeanmonroe - not forgetting the praying Arab process .. notme

Searcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 24.10.13 0:58

@jeanmonroe wrote:
@ultimaThule wrote: Andy Redwood won't be able to bring any influence to bear on the PJ in the event they decide to make the Tapas 9 arguidos and haul their arses over to Portugal for a reconstruction if they refuse to go voluntarily.  winkwink 

I wonder how that's going to sit with the McCanns' pals especially as they'll need to take time off work and may have to extend whatever leave they're given in order to aid the PJ's investigation?
............................................................................................

BBC steering well 'clear'!

And ALL their friends, who have stated, ad nauseum, that THEY will do absolutely ANYTHING to help get Madeleine 'back'

Well, here's their opportunity!

Hope they will arrange babysitters for all their kids, whilst they are 'doing all they can' in Portugal!

Baby 'monitors' won't do THIS time, Mr and Mrs Payne!

JT is 'excused' getting a babysitter.

She, 'with the eagle eyes', will be able to see her unlocked house, (in case of a fire happening, you understand) in Exeter,UK, from PDL in Portugal!
There'll be no need for any of them to arrange babysitters while they're helping the PJ with their enquiries as their offspring are surely old enough now to take care of themselves, and it's not as if it'll be the first time they've been left home alone.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by notlongnow on 24.10.13 0:59

Wonder if it does get opened if CM will resign to concentrate on being an MP.

notlongnow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sietah on 24.10.13 1:00

@jeanmonroe wrote:

Will you be going back to Portugal to help, Jane?

"Yeah, no, yeah, so i don't know"

Sietah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Searcher on 24.10.13 1:02

" .. to investigate issues that need to be clarified" - said the 1 pm news bulletin on LBC97.3.

Searcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique on 24.10.13 1:03

I think it depends on what comes out of the re-opening. If it focuses on abduction then CM will still be a part timer I suppose.

If it goes in another direction then - rats and ship comes to mind.

Angelique

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scrants on 24.10.13 1:08

The phones to extradition lawyers will be red hot tomorrow! Forward thinking on the part of GM!

They are between a rock and a hard place. Refusing to go back would not look good but going back could bring all sorts of dangers.

scrants

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum