The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

UPDATE CASE REOPENED IN PORTUGAL - McCanns apply for 'assistant' (assistente)status

Page 1 of 42 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

UPDATE CASE REOPENED IN PORTUGAL - McCanns apply for 'assistant' (assistente)status

Post by Truthmustout on 23.10.13 21:15

Correio da Manhã reports that the reopening of the case in Portugal has been requested by the PJ to the Public Ministry and awaits a decision. Abduction theory is strongest lead.

http://cmtv.sapo.pt/atualidade/detalhe/pj-pode-reabrir-caso-maddie.html

Truthmustout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: UPDATE CASE REOPENED IN PORTUGAL - McCanns apply for 'assistant' (assistente)status

Post by plebgate on 23.10.13 21:17

Well if it is re-opened let's hope they all have to get back to Portugal for reconstruction.

Robert Murat Summer 2013 in Daily Express headlines  -  GET THEM ALL BACK TO PORTUGAL.

Edited to thank Truthmustout for OP.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: UPDATE CASE REOPENED IN PORTUGAL - McCanns apply for 'assistant' (assistente)status

Post by Truthmustout on 23.10.13 21:20

Lets hope so. Somethings in the air....

Truthmustout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 23.10.13 21:27

That is truly welcome news and I suspect the decision will be made in a timely manner.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roly Poly on 23.10.13 21:28

Hopefully the beginning of the end

Roly Poly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret on 23.10.13 21:30

@plebgate wrote:Well if it is re-opened let's hope they all have to get back to Portugal for reconstruction.

Robert Murat Summer 2013 in Daily Express headlines  -  GET THEM ALL BACK TO PORTUGAL.

Edited to thank Truthmustout for OP.
Brilliant news.

I'm not sure it will get as far as requiring a reconstruction plebgate, l think it will be arrests and charges when something happens.

With thanks to the forum and truthmustout, I'm going to put the link on MM if that's okay.

margaret

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 23.10.13 21:33

Could be Margaret, can't think many of us will get much sleep until we know when the case will be re-opened.   Can't see it being turned down.thumbup

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.10.13 21:35

If the PJ has requested this then there must be new evidence?  And I don't mean the discounted Tanner sighting.  Smithman is not new either, so what could it be........phone records?

ETA   Thanks for posting Truthmustout

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetex on 23.10.13 21:38

candyfloss wrote:If the PJ has requested this then there must be new evidence?  And I don't mean the discounted Tanner sighting.  Smithman is not new either, so what could it be........phone records?

Just maybe, BIG maybe, another independent witness seeing #Smithman and were able to identify him

sweetex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthmustout on 23.10.13 21:38

candyfloss wrote:If the PJ has requested this then there must be new evidence?  And I don't mean the discounted Tanner sighting.  Smithman is not new either, so what could it be........phone records?

Ofcourse you can link to it Margaret its a free internett :)

well it says abduction is their strongest lead and there are new leads to investigate or something like that. Maybe someone here can translate the whole thing?

Hope they have a clever plan.

If reopened how will that affect the case between mccann and Amaral?

Truthmustout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mélusine on 23.10.13 21:39

Lets hope there is new evidence.

I was reading the Smithsighting thread (don't remember the exact title of the thread) and got depressed that the case is so complicated it will never be solved, but maybe... just maybe...

Mélusine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret on 23.10.13 21:40

@plebgate wrote:Could be Margaret, can't think many of us will get much sleep until we know when the case will be re-opened.   Can't see it being turned down.thumbup
Me neither. And despite what they have said regards the theory I'm sure they're bluffing. shit happens 

margaret

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret on 23.10.13 21:42

@Truthmustout wrote:

Ofcourse you can link to it Margaret its a free internett :)

Thanks, but credit where it's due. thumbsup 

margaret

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerinthe on 23.10.13 21:43

Hope they're not planning on pinning it on the raggle taggle gypsies.

Cerinthe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 23.10.13 21:47

ITV News understands Portuguese police may be about to re-open the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

is understood a review team, created in March 2012 and involving 37 Portuguese officers, have found two or three new details, which warrant further investigation.

Portuguese police are yet to confirm or deny the reports. Kate and Gerry McCann have always said they would welcome the formal re-opening of the investigation in Portugal
http://www.itv.com/news/update/2013-10-23/portuguese-police-set-to-re-open-madeleine-mccann-case/

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stumo on 23.10.13 21:50

@Truthmustout wrote: Abduction theory is strongest lead.

Fantastic news if they actually do re-open it but i hope that abduction isn't their strongest lead....

stumo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 23.10.13 21:50

Yes Mr. & Mrs. must be very happy hearing this news.  As ITV point out they have always said they would welcome a re-opening of the case in Portugal.

ITV report the investigating team have found 2/3 new leads.

Very interesting.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen Pinto on 23.10.13 21:52

(Summary & translation by Astro)

PJ may reopen Maddie case

The Polícia Judiciária wants to reopen the Maddie case and requested the reopening with the Public Ministry.

The Oporto team worked for two years and decided that it needs to further investigate a lead that points towards the abduction theory.

This is not related to the English investigation, according to information collected by Eduardo Damaso.

It results exclusively from the analysis made by the PJ team in Oporto.

This team has analysed the files and concluded that one lead that points towards abduction needs to be investigated.

The abduction theory was initially investigated, especially because of Jane Tanner's deposition.

This testimony was discredited early on.

The Smith sighting pointed towards the identification of M's father.

Now the British investigation returns to that sighting, but with an e-fit.

ED presumes that the new development in the Portuguese investigation is related to neither.

The reopening may include the investigation of the initial thesis of an accident and concealment of the cadaver, as nothing is excluded, but it is triggered by new indications that an abduction may have taken place, and that seems to be the main focus.

Karen Pinto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 23.10.13 21:52

Please if anyone has time can they let us know how this news is being received on twitter.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by thetruthbeknown on 23.10.13 21:52

@sallypelt wrote:ITV News understands Portuguese police may be about to re-open the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

is understood a review team, created in March 2012 and involving 37 Portuguese officers, have found two or three new details, which warrant further investigation.

Portuguese police are yet to confirm or deny the reports. Kate and Gerry McCann have always said they would welcome the formal re-opening of the investigation in Portugal
http://www.itv.com/news/update/2013-10-23/portuguese-police-set-to-re-open-madeleine-mccann-case/
Fantastic news that PJ are applying to reopen, not unexpected :), but very welcome. I doubt they would have agreed if it was based on an 'abduction' theory, they were adamant in the past that they would not agree to that..McCanns pushed for a 'review' (knowing full well that the full case would need 'new' evidence, I really believe they thought that a 'review' wouldnt find that, as it would go on already collected evidence from which they had been dropped as suspects and case 'shelved')

thetruthbeknown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.10.13 21:55

@Karen Pinto wrote:(Summary & translation by Astro)

PJ may reopen Maddie case

The Polícia Judiciária wants to reopen the Maddie case and requested the reopening with the Public Ministry.

The Oporto team worked for two years and decided that it needs to further investigate a lead that points towards the abduction theory.

This is not related to the English investigation, according to information collected by Eduardo Damaso.

It results exclusively from the analysis made by the PJ team in Oporto.

This team has analysed the files and concluded that one lead that points towards abduction needs to be investigated.

The abduction theory was initially investigated, especially because of Jane Tanner's deposition.

ED presumes that the new development in the Portuguese investigation is related to neither.

The reopening may include the investigation of the initial thesis of an accident and concealment of the cadaver, as nothing is excluded, but it is triggered by new indications that an abduction may have taken place, and that seems to be the main focus.
Thank you Karen and thank you to Astro roses

Back to top Go down

Post by soundworks on 23.10.13 22:00

So they look into this then find Smithman is actually GM

then

include the investigation of the initial thesis of an accident and concealment of the cadaver, as nothing is excluded, but it is triggered by new indications that an abduction may have taken place, and that seems to be the main focus.

Good now watch the McCanns squirm now

soundworks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 23.10.13 22:00

snipped from article Karen Pinto posted - thanks for article btw:

"

The reopening may include the investigation of the initial thesis of an accident and concealment of the cadaver, as nothing is excluded, but it is triggered by new indications that an abduction may have taken place, and that seems to be the main focus. "

WOW.

Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 23.10.13 22:02

Does Lorraine Kelly do a what the papers say type slot every day.

I think I will tune in tomorrow and see.  lol.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 23.10.13 22:19

I suspect that if the Tapas 9 do not agree to return voluntarily to Portugal, the PJ will make them all arguidos and request their extradition from the UK in order that a reconstruction can be enacted and the search for Madeleine resumed.  

Of course it's unlikely to come to that as the McCanns have continually expressed their wish for the Portuguese enquiry to be re-opened and will no doubt be more than happy to co-operate with the PJ.  

I'm looking forward to reading the comments from the 'family source' or 'a source close to the family', as the case may be.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 42 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum