The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Professor Richard Parncutt - 'Climate change deniers should be executed'

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Professor Richard Parncutt - 'Climate change deniers should be executed'

Post by Tony Bennett on 27.09.13 14:29


____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13972
Reputation : 2147
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Professor Richard Parncutt - 'Climate change deniers should be executed'

Post by Angelique on 27.09.13 14:38

Well it must be said that the saying 'mad Professors" is true if we go by this Professor. We could end up killing people for almost any reason at all! 

Why choose global warming deniers?

They must be allowed their opinion without fear of the death penalty.

PS I am glad the University took disciplinary action.

____________________
Things aren't always what they seem

Angelique

Posts : 1396
Reputation : 35
Join date : 2010-10-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Professor Richard Parncutt - 'Climate change deniers should be executed'

Post by Guest on 27.09.13 15:03

Some people would want McCann deniers to go for the chop!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Professor Richard Parncutt - 'Climate change deniers should be executed'

Post by aquila on 27.09.13 15:05

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Some people would want McCann deniers to go for the chop!
Nah, just set the dogs on em....big grin

In the interest of being quite clear to the internet snoops, my above post was a joke.

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Professor Richard Parncutt - 'Climate change deniers should be executed'

Post by Guest on 27.09.13 15:53

Executing people for their beliefs has always worked well in the past - just look at the Spanish Inquisition.


(I bet you weren't expecting that laughat )

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Professor Richard Parncutt - 'Climate change deniers should be executed'

Post by Guest on 27.09.13 17:14

Indeed - nobody was!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tym0MObFpTI

The Internet snoops and pros really do need to acquire a sense of humour - perhaps Monty Python will help.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Professor Richard Parncutt - 'Climate change deniers should be executed'

Post by plebgate on 27.09.13 17:29

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and to voice them in a (supposedly) free country. So why do some people seem to have a problem with that, to such an extent that they become vicious about things if someone disagrees with them.


plebgate

Posts : 5445
Reputation : 1160
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Professor Richard Parncutt - 'Climate change deniers should be executed'

Post by Guest on 27.09.13 17:40

Certainly agree with you there, plebgate.

I wonder if the most vitriolic of the McCann supporters talk like that face to face with people with whom they disagree.

As anyone who participated in the recent discussion here about the Hollie Greig hoax, some of her mother's supporters are every bit as bad as those of the McCanns.

Attack is the only possible means of defence for both groups.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Snow? What snow?

Post by Tony Bennett on 10.11.13 21:44

Christopher Booker, Sunday Telegraph today:

-------------------------------------------------  

[*]

Christopher Booker Sun. Tel. 10/11/13

For advice on ignoring snow, ask Sir Mark

Sir Mark Walport, the Government's chief scientific adviser, told a committee of MPs that the reason why the number of people in Britain who disbelieve in man-made global warming has quadrupled since 2005 is because their fuel bills have risen.


As an immunologist who self-evidently knows even less about climate science than the assorted biologists and "surface chemists" who previously held this pointless post, Sir Mark clearly hasn't noticed the global warming piling up outside his window in our recent record-breakingly cold winters.

This is a man who was quick to endorse that report for the BBC Trust by the snail expert Steve Jones, calling for the BBC to show not less bias on climate issues but more.

I was also pleased to see Sir Mark telling the MPs that he "intensely dislikes" the use of the term "warmist", because it suggests that "there is some kind of a cult around warmism".

He might do better to switch to a new career as a stand-up comedian, although I doubt whether this would match his present salary of £165,000 a year.

 

Ends

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13972
Reputation : 2147
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Professor Richard Parncutt - 'Climate change deniers should be executed'

Post by PeterMac on 10.11.13 23:12

There was a lovely sketch a very long time ago - it worked on radio, so that gives you some idea . .

I wish to make a complaint.
* Yes, Sir, about what ?
About your weather forecast.
* And what is the nature of your complaint, Sir.
I have just spent two hours clearing a foot of "rather cloudy" from my front drive.

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Professor Richard Parncutt - 'Climate change deniers should be executed'

Post by roy rovers on 10.11.13 23:15

Hi Tony
As an evidence based kinda guy what do you make of the conclusion of the IPCC Report 2013 in which climate scientists say they are at least 95 percent certain that humans are responsible for the warming oceans, rapidly melting ice and rising sea levels that have been observed since the 1950s.

roy rovers

Posts : 465
Reputation : 39
Join date : 2012-03-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Very interesting

Post by ekatae on 10.11.13 23:25

Now this has made me think... thank you Mrs

ekatae

Posts : 88
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Professor Richard Parncutt - 'Climate change deniers should be executed'

Post by ekatae on 10.11.13 23:26

clapping 
@ekatae wrote:Now this has made me think... thank you Mrs

ekatae

Posts : 88
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Professor Richard Parncutt - 'Climate change deniers should be executed'

Post by tigger on 11.11.13 6:33

I  totally agree with the fact that the climate is changing. Just not that we have the power to prevent it. 

Notice how the phrase 'Global warming' is replaced by 'Climate change?  But still our fault apparently. 

Ice age is coming as per usual. Don't worry, we survived the last three.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Professor Richard Parncutt - 'Climate change deniers should be executed'

Post by plebgate on 11.11.13 6:45

When the rest of the World become serious about Global Warming and put measures in place to reduce/stop it then I will gladly pay any green taxes the liberal elites deem necessary.

Until then, l want my hard earned to remain in MY pocket, not go to people who are already fabulously rich and own shares in the firms who try to "convince"us that they are right and that they will save the planet for  our children and our grandchildren.

I am sure our children and grandchildren will manage perfectly well, as zillions have throughout time.

Another ploy to keep airy fairy academics in extremely well paid jobs and very rich shareholders even richer imo.

plebgate

Posts : 5445
Reputation : 1160
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Professor Richard Parncutt - 'Climate change deniers should be executed'

Post by tigger on 11.11.13 8:09

@plebgate wrote:When the rest of the World become serious about Global Warming and put measures in place to reduce/stop it then I will gladly pay any green taxes the liberal elites deem necessary.

Until then, l want my hard earned to remain in MY pocket, not go to people who are already fabulously rich and own shares in the firms who try to "convince"us that they are right and that they will save the planet for  our children and our grandchildren.

I am sure our children and grandchildren will manage perfectly well, as zillions have throughout time.

Another ploy to keep airy fairy academics in extremely well paid jobs and very rich shareholders even richer imo.
As for windfarms, I've never seen a breakdown of energy and pollution costs to produce, install and maintain the blasted things. 
Imo they are a drain on energy resources, make lots of money for landowners but that's it.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Professor Richard Parncutt - 'Climate change deniers should be executed'

Post by aquila on 11.11.13 8:11

@tigger wrote:
@plebgate wrote:When the rest of the World become serious about Global Warming and put measures in place to reduce/stop it then I will gladly pay any green taxes the liberal elites deem necessary.

Until then, l want my hard earned to remain in MY pocket, not go to people who are already fabulously rich and own shares in the firms who try to "convince"us that they are right and that they will save the planet for  our children and our grandchildren.

I am sure our children and grandchildren will manage perfectly well, as zillions have throughout time.

Another ploy to keep airy fairy academics in extremely well paid jobs and very rich shareholders even richer imo.
As for windfarms, I've never seen a breakdown of energy and pollution costs to produce, install and maintain the blasted things. 
Imo they are a drain on energy resources, make lots of money for landowners but that's it.
In the high winds in UK last week a wind turbine fell over. laughat

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Professor Richard Parncutt - 'Climate change deniers should be executed'

Post by tigger on 11.11.13 8:20

@aquila wrote:
@tigger wrote:
@plebgate wrote:When the rest of the World become serious about Global Warming and put measures in place to reduce/stop it then I will gladly pay any green taxes the liberal elites deem necessary.

Until then, l want my hard earned to remain in MY pocket, not go to people who are already fabulously rich and own shares in the firms who try to "convince"us that they are right and that they will save the planet for  our children and our grandchildren.

I am sure our children and grandchildren will manage perfectly well, as zillions have throughout time.

Another ploy to keep airy fairy academics in extremely well paid jobs and very rich shareholders even richer imo.
As for windfarms, I've never seen a breakdown of energy and pollution costs to produce, install and maintain the blasted things. 
Imo they are a drain on energy resources, make lots of money for landowners but that's it.
In the high winds in UK last week a wind turbine fell over. laughat
Ah!!  The wrong kind of wind... GB is unlucky in that respect, wong kind of snow, wrong kind of rain, leaves on the line and on one occasion the intercity I travelled in stopped because of smoke from a burning fielld about a mile away. .. laughat

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Professor Richard Parncutt - 'Climate change deniers should be executed'

Post by T4two on 11.11.13 8:45

Achtung! Turnaround in energy turnaround. After making a fortune selling wind turbines across the globe, the people who gave us Waldsterben and global warming have just decided to reduce subsidies to windfarms and push fossile fuels in their own country due to energy costs soaring out of control. Over to you Prof. Parncutt...

T4two

Posts : 166
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2012-01-22
Age : 68
Location : Germany

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Professor Richard Parncutt - 'Climate change deniers should be executed'

Post by tigger on 11.11.13 8:59

@T4two wrote:Achtung! Turnaround in energy turnaround. After making a fortune selling wind turbines across the globe, the people who gave us Waldsterben and global warming have just decided to reduce subsidies to windfarms and push fossile fuels in their own country due to energy costs soaring out of control. Over to you Prof. Parncutt...
Waldsterben would be that acid rain wouldn't it? Went right out of fashion didn't it?

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Professor Richard Parncutt - 'Climate change deniers should be executed'

Post by PeterMac on 11.11.13 9:32

@tigger wrote:Waldsterben would be that acid rain wouldn't it? Went right out of fashion didn't it?
As did the push for everything to be bio-degradeable. Do we remember that ?

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Professor Richard Parncutt - 'Climate change deniers should be executed'

Post by roy rovers on 17.11.13 16:31

This thread has been a bit quiet since the catastrophic typhoon in the Phillipines.

roy rovers

Posts : 465
Reputation : 39
Join date : 2012-03-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Professor Richard Parncutt - 'Climate change deniers should be executed'

Post by Tony Bennett on 22.11.13 14:41

The Met Office and the International Panel on Climate Change (IPCC):

WRONG YET AGAIN:

 QUOTE

 In 2007, a team of Met Office scientists predicted there would be 0.3°C warming during 2004-2014. This prediction has turned out to be wrong. We are almost into 2014 and there has been no warming at all since 2004. --Paul Matthews, IPCC Report blog, 20 November 2013 (http://ipccreport.wordpress.com/2013/11/20/the-skillful-predictions-of-climate-science/)

UNQUOTE

This formal admission is all the more important because the IPCC is the official world-wide vehicle for promoting belief in man-made global warming  

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13972
Reputation : 2147
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Professor Richard Parncutt - 'Climate change deniers should be executed'

Post by aspiedistra on 24.11.13 12:28

A 10 year period is pretty much nothing in terms of climate change and so we don't know for sure what the pattern will be.

Of course, carbon dioxide is a greenhouse gas and it has risen to around 400ppm now, well above historical levels over the last 500,000 years. The level has increased from 320ppm about 50 years ago and most scientists think this is man-made. It doesn't matter who made it though. It's an issue to discuss.

aspiedistra

Posts : 23
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-04-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Professor Richard Parncutt - 'Climate change deniers should be executed'

Post by PeterMac on 24.11.13 12:37

@roy rovers wrote:This thread has been a bit quiet since the catastrophic typhoon in the Phillipines.
Do you mean the one a fortnight ago, or the ones in 1274 and 1281 which smashed Kublai Khan's invasion fleet heading for Japan ?
Or 1993 when the Philippines suffered nineteen separate typhoons
Or the one in 1975 which killed about 100,000 people in China
Or the ones in the 1660s and 1670s, the most active decade so far.

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum