The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

PJ released a three year old who was kidnapped

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PJ released a three year old who was kidnapped

Post by Ayniia on Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:33 pm

"The PJ released this Wednesday a three year old who was kidnapped on Monday in the city of Mafra and arrested a man and a woman suspected of the crime.
The PJ indicates that the abduction took place on Monday and allegedly the perpetrators were a man, 40, and woman, 42, who will still today be brought to justice for application of enforcement measures.
PJ operation was conducted by the National Counter-Terrorism Unit (UNCT) in collaboration with the Department of Investigation and Penal Action of Great Lisbon and Northwest, the statement said that police.
The child is the daughter of entrepreneurs and the alleged kidnappers demanded a ransom for parents, a "considerable amount of money" that PJ does not quantify."
http://www.publico.pt/sociedade/noticia/detido-casal-que-raptou-crianca-em-mafra-1599154
Not much more info on this,it happened today but I'll keep updating. PJ  bravo

"My advice to any British tourist ,please come to Portugal,please come to the Algarve but if you're coming as a family holiday treat it as a family holiday and do things together, don't leave the kids"
Words from an ExPat Algarve resident

Ayniia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PJ released a three year old who was kidnapped

Post by bobbin on Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:10 pm

@Ayniia wrote:"The PJ released this Wednesday a three year old who was kidnapped on Monday in the city of Mafra and arrested a man and a woman suspected of the crime.
The PJ indicates that the abduction took place on Monday and allegedly the perpetrators were a man, 40, and woman, 42, who will still today be brought to justice for application of enforcement measures.
PJ operation was conducted by the National Counter-Terrorism Unit (UNCT) in collaboration with the Department of Investigation and Penal Action of Great Lisbon and Northwest, the statement said that police.
The child is the daughter of entrepreneurs and the alleged kidnappers demanded a ransom for parents, a "considerable amount of money" that PJ does not quantify."
http://www.publico.pt/sociedade/noticia/detido-casal-que-raptou-crianca-em-mafra-1599154
So contrary to McCann speak, the PJ are "hyper-efficient" when it comes to handling a 'real' kidnapping, and not a completely fictitious pretend abduction/kidnapping.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:17 pm

Is it remotely possible the same thing happened to Madeleine?

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:20 pm

@suzyjohnson wrote:Is it remotely possible the same thing happened to Madeleine?
I don't think it is the same scenario. There was no demand for money for the return of Madeleine, and also her parents were to poor to be a 'target' especially as they ''needed to help themselves to the fund to pay two months worth of mortgage payments."

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:22 pm

@suzyjohnson wrote:Is it remotely possible the same thing happened to Madeleine?

kidnapped for ransom? So did the parents not pay?

thinking 

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:35 pm

Would we, the public, know if a ransom had been asked for?

And suppose there was a mistake, and then her parents don't know what happened to her after that?

I'm just trying to think through all possibilities. But, when I start to think it through, I don't think it's feasible really.

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:32 am

@suzyjohnson wrote:Would we, the public, know if a ransom had been asked for?

And suppose there was a mistake, and then her parents don't know what happened to her after that?

I'm just trying to think through all possibilities. But, when I start to think it through, I don't think it's feasible really.
I don''t think a 'ransom demand' is at all realistic.
There was a full announcement at the beginning of a reward for any information, so money was available.
If there had been a demand for a ransom that would certainly have been announced, since it would
(a) bring pity to the parent's plight and get people sending money in.
(b) make it look very much like a real 'abduction' which the facts and timelines clearly cannot demonstrate.
(c) how do we explain the cadavour and blood signals from the dogs if a kidnap had occurred.
No kidnap, therefore, no ransom demand.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyB on Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:44 am

We now know, from Amaral's book, that there was no ransom demand but if there had been I think it highly likely we wouldn't have known at the time

AndyB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meryl on Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:33 am

@AndyB wrote:
We now know, from Amaral's book, that there was no ransom demand but if there had been I think it highly likely we wouldn't have known at the time

It's been long ago that I've read about this but I think I remember someone working at the OC received a call by someone asking for a ransom?
I can't think of any reason why they contacted an OC employee in stead of the parents or their family or friends.

Meryl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayniia on Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:22 am

@Meryl wrote:
@AndyB wrote:

It's been long ago that I've read about this but I think I remember someone working at the OC received a call by someone asking for a ransom?
I can't think of any reason why they contacted an OC employee in stead of the parents or their family or friends.
I remember a couple asking for money from the award in exchange for information. They had no information, just trying to get money.

"My advice to any British tourist ,please come to Portugal,please come to the Algarve but if you're coming as a family holiday treat it as a family holiday and do things together, don't leave the kids"

Ayniia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:43 pm

No, I don't think so, I expect the PJ found evidence of the kidnap. I expect the parents cooperated.
The PJ strongly advised against 'advertising' Maddie and her unique eye as that would sign her death sentence if the person holding her saw the wide publicity.

Here we see how it should be done. NOBODY except the 'need to know' people knew about the kidnap. That's how it's done. No press, no internet, no rumours. roses roses 

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayniia on Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:52 pm

@tigger wrote:

No, I don't think so, I expect the PJ found evidence of the kidnap. I expect the parents cooperated.
The PJ strongly advised against 'advertising' Maddie and her unique eye as that would sign her death sentence if the person holding her saw the wide publicity.

Here we see how it should be done. NOBODY except the 'need to know' people knew about the kidnap. That's how it's done. No press, no internet, no rumours. roses roses 
Yes nothing was known about it, just after the child was safe.

Ayniia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:22 pm

Well, that is very interesting. It gives a reason why, initially, the PJ did not want any publicity after MM's disappearance, and shows the extent to which the McCanns took matters into their own hands.

(I don't mean because the PJ had received a ransom demand, just that they may have thought it was a possibility. But also, it shows how the PJ usually work)

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique on Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:26 pm

I agree that the case was swamped on purpose, they had to make a lot of attention, backing by big names, so it would be almost impossible to gainsay the abduction theory. IMO

Angelique

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:54 pm

Madeleine was not abducted, period.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:46 pm

@lj wrote:Madeleine was not abducted, period.

Same as Dr. Ludke said early on, parents cooperate with the police if their child is abducted.

When a demand for cash was made in the McCann case, the PJ were astounded that Gerry sat watching football and eating ice lollies whilst they were standing by waiting for the phone call from the putative kidnapper.

Publicising a portrait world-wide and getting PR help in reputation repair wouldn't exactly get your child back. Unless that was never going to happen, then you couldn't lose.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seek truth on Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:12 pm

@bobbin wrote:
@Ayniia wrote:"The PJ released this Wednesday a three year old who was kidnapped on Monday in the city of Mafra and arrested a man and a woman suspected of the crime.
So contrary to McCann speak, the PJ are "hyper-efficient" when it comes to handling a 'real' kidnapping, and not a completely fictitious pretend abduction/kidnapping.

There was also an incident in 'one of the Portuguese islands' can't remember now, was before 2007 though.
A young girl I think aged 7, went missing in the shopping centre while she was with her mother. But of course, unlike here, security closed all the doors of the shopping  centre and found her just in time. She was found unconscious on the floor, WC. Her hair had been cut short, to look like the opposite sex and dressed up. I think it was two Korean men, really don't remember now. But I do know its a lot easier to find a missing child there than it is here. Also if you are Portuguese it isn't easy to take your child out of portugal without your partner.
Which makes it more secure for the child.

Seek truth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:27 pm

Ye gods, that sounds like a dreadful case, Seek Truth.

For information, here's a list of famous kidnapping cases.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_kidnappings

Yes, Madeleine is on the list!

Back to top Go down

Post by Seek truth on Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:55 pm

Meryl wrote:
@AndyB wrote:

I, too, remember something a about it in Truth of the Lie English book.

Wasn't it when the officers both British and Portuguese, were sitting with Gerry waiting for a call ?
And they were all shocked at Gerry's reaction, unlike them, calmly sucking on his lollipop and laughing on his mobile?  And then one British policeman said "well he does cut up hearts! He is a heart surgeon"
big grin 

Instead of this : empathy and like this: pray2 

Gerry was like this:  sarcastic  And like this: coffee popcornandcola 

Night night everyone, don't think it'll end, SY have been on it for years, they would have stopped them long ago. 

Its like we'll always be whitewashed, see they think we're all fools, 
Lets just laugh at that!

Feel like just sitting back, and just LAUGHING IT ALL OFF!

Seek truth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:24 am

I don't see why this is news or should even be discussed on this site  dontgetit 

After all, there are dozens of children stolen every day in Portugal and dragged off to hellish lairs so even the most incompetent sardine-munching plods must strike lucky once in a while huh 

/toggle Kate McCann setting [on/OFF]

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum