The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Perverting the course of Justice

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Perverting the course of Justice

Post by Praiaaa on 18.06.13 8:31

May seem slightly off topic, but I read today about a graffiti vandal charged and convicted for criminal damage etc, so far so uninteresting. But what did catch my eye was that he was also convicted of 'perverting the course of justice' by attempting to mislead the police by positing youtube vidoes of another person ( back to the camera) supposedly painting his tags. (As an aside, he was a 'respectabl'e person in a 'respectable' profession, Surveyor). I don't know if it is just that recently the crime of perverting the course of justice is more often charged, but we do seem to hear about it more. So in the event that crime is committed, and then attempted to be covered up (like the Huhnes), this may be a better way of securing a conviction for scally crims that the original crime.

Praiaaa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Perverting the course of Justice

Post by aquila on 18.06.13 8:56

@Praiaaa wrote:May seem slightly off topic, but I read today about a graffiti vandal charged and convicted for criminal damage etc, so far so uninteresting. But what did catch my eye was that he was also convicted of 'perverting the course of justice' by attempting to mislead the police by positing youtube vidoes of another person ( back to the camera) supposedly painting his tags. (As an aside, he was a 'respectabl'e person in a 'respectable' profession, Surveyor). I don't know if it is just that recently the crime of perverting the course of justice is more often charged, but we do seem to hear about it more. So in the event that crime is committed, and then attempted to be covered up (like the Huhnes), this may be a better way of securing a conviction for scally crims that the original crime.

I read this article too and apart from being given a higher sentence for criminal damage than Stuart Hall got for sexual crimes against 13 victims there was also an extra 12 months for perverting the course of justice. I thought along your lines too.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum