The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Mother 'Threw Baby Down 40ft Rubbish Chute' and initially claimed the baby was kidnapped by strangers

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mother 'Threw Baby Down 40ft Rubbish Chute' and initially claimed the baby was kidnapped by strangers

Post by Guest on 12.06.13 0:13

Mother 'Threw Baby Down 40ft Rubbish Chute'

A newborn baby was thrown down a five-floor rubbish chute by her mother in an attempt to kill her, a court has heard.
The six-day-old girl from Wolverhampton is alleged to have been wrapped in material and dumped down the 40ft tube which ran down the family's tower block, hitting a metal deflector at the bottom at over 30mph which left her with several skull fractures and brain injuries.
Jaymin Abdulrahman, 25, initially told police that her daughter had been kidnapped by strangers in September last year, but the baby was found a few hours later, apparently lifeless, by the father at the bottom of their block of flats.
Abdulrahman, who is on trial at Birmingham Crown Court, denies charges of attempted murder, causing grievous bodily harm with intent and inflicting grievous bodily harm.
In his opening speech, prosecutor Andrew Smith QC told the jury: "The reason why she decided to place her daughter in the rubbish chute may be never be known or understood.
"However, the prosecution say that her intention can be clearly identified from her actions."
Abdulrahman allegedly tidied up her flat after dumping the baby girl, who cannot be named for legal reasons.
The court was told that pieces of a broken Moses basket were found in a bin at the bottom of the chute, and bits of wood were discovered inside the flat.
A crash dummy test was carried out by experts to reconstruct the fall, and the jury was shown computer-generated images of that experiment.
Using a dummy of a nine-month-old child and a chute with a 44ft vertical drop, Mr Smith revealed that the estimated speed of impact with the metal deflector that is used to slow down pieces of rubbish was 32mph.
Speaking in court, Mr Smith compared it to "having been in a 30mph car crash without wearing a seat-belt."
http://news.sky.com/story/1102266/mother-threw-baby-down-40ft-rubbish-chute

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mother 'Threw Baby Down 40ft Rubbish Chute' and initially claimed the baby was kidnapped by strangers

Post by whmon on 12.06.13 0:28

OMG words fail me

____________________
This message is confidential and the information must not be used, disclosed, or copied to any other person who is not entitled to receive it. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender and then delete it.

whmon

Posts : 434
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-04-04
Location : Back of Beyond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother 'Threw Baby Down 40ft Rubbish Chute' and initially claimed the baby was kidnapped by strangers

Post by aiyoyo on 12.06.13 6:30

OMG my heart leaps out from throat when I read the title.

The mum must be mentally ill. She needs to be institutionalised.

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother 'Threw Baby Down 40ft Rubbish Chute' and initially claimed the baby was kidnapped by strangers

Post by PeterMac on 12.06.13 7:57

Another false allegation of abduction to add to the long list !
Calling Kevin !

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother 'Threw Baby Down 40ft Rubbish Chute' and initially claimed the baby was kidnapped by strangers

Post by tigger on 12.06.13 8:40

From second Swedish interview March 2012:

[..]
Gerry McCann: You can understand that when people are fed information that parents are in suspicious involve people will want to believe that because they'll want to think that this will not happen to them and they'll want to think that there actually... there isn't actually an abductor out there and their children are not at risk but what happens on the ground is very different. We know now that people in Portugal, and elsewhere, people keep their children much closer to them, and...

Annika Widebeck: Closer than... than in the UK?

Gerry McCann: I think certainly there's been remakably few child abductions since Madeleine was taken and I think people are more aware, and one of the things we've tried to do throughout the last 5 years is not look back because you can't change what's happened.
unquote

Yes, Gerry, would be nice if that statement could be backed up by numbers but you can't prove a negative? You're taking credit for something NOT having happened.
But credit where credit's due: there's a hell of a lot more FAKE abductions around since then.
That's quite an achievement together with having trained the good people of Britain to loosen the purse strings the moment a missing child is reported in the press.
Somehow I feel we could have done without those improvements.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother 'Threw Baby Down 40ft Rubbish Chute' and initially claimed the baby was kidnapped by strangers

Post by Guest on 12.06.13 8:54

There were remarkably few child abductions before 2007 too......

Can anyone think of any genuine ones - let's say in the last 10 years - involving strangers so no what used to be called tug of love parental abductions.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mother 'Threw Baby Down 40ft Rubbish Chute' and initially claimed the baby was kidnapped by strangers

Post by jozi on 12.06.13 9:27

candyfloss wrote:Mother 'Threw Baby Down 40ft Rubbish Chute'

A newborn baby was thrown down a five-floor rubbish chute by her mother in an attempt to kill her, a court has heard.
The six-day-old girl from Wolverhampton is alleged to have been wrapped in material and dumped down the 40ft tube which ran down the family's tower block, hitting a metal deflector at the bottom at over 30mph which left her with several skull fractures and brain injuries.
Jaymin Abdulrahman, 25, initially told police that her daughter had been kidnapped by strangers in September last year, but the baby was found a few hours later, apparently lifeless, by the father at the bottom of their block of flats.
Abdulrahman, who is on trial at Birmingham Crown Court, denies charges of attempted murder, causing grievous bodily harm with intent and inflicting grievous bodily harm.
In his opening speech, prosecutor Andrew Smith QC told the jury: "The reason why she decided to place her daughter in the rubbish chute may be never be known or understood.
"However, the prosecution say that her intention can be clearly identified from her actions."
Abdulrahman allegedly tidied up her flat after dumping the baby girl, who cannot be named for legal reasons.
The court was told that pieces of a broken Moses basket were found in a bin at the bottom of the chute, and bits of wood were discovered inside the flat.
A crash dummy test was carried out by experts to reconstruct the fall, and the jury was shown computer-generated images of that experiment.
Using a dummy of a nine-month-old child and a chute with a 44ft vertical drop, Mr Smith revealed that the estimated speed of impact with the metal deflector that is used to slow down pieces of rubbish was 32mph.
Speaking in court, Mr Smith compared it to "having been in a 30mph car crash without wearing a seat-belt."
http://news.sky.com/story/1102266/mother-threw-baby-down-40ft-rubbish-chute

This is just evil....she went on to tidy the flat and then claimed abduction ???

jozi

Posts : 709
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2012-05-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother 'Threw Baby Down 40ft Rubbish Chute' and initially claimed the baby was kidnapped by strangers

Post by IAmNotMerylStreep on 12.06.13 9:32

@jozi wrote:This is just evil....she went on to tidy the flat and then claimed abduction ???

Which is what the McCann's did. But they're not evil - they're wealthy, mortgage-free, celebrities.

IAmNotMerylStreep

Posts : 194
Reputation : 27
Join date : 2011-05-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother 'Threw Baby Down 40ft Rubbish Chute' and initially claimed the baby was kidnapped by strangers

Post by aquila on 12.06.13 15:28

@IAmNotMerylStreep wrote:
@jozi wrote:This is just evil....she went on to tidy the flat and then claimed abduction ???



Which is what the McCann's did. But they're not evil - they're wealthy, mortgage-free, celebrities.
I don't think the McCanns are mortgage-free. I believe NWTD posted on this a little while ago.

I can certainly agree that they seem not to have been adversely affected by their loss of income since Kate gave up her part-time locum job to concentrate solely on the search for Madeleine and to look after the twins. It would be interesting to know what income the McCanns and I stress IF ANY they have received personally from either the Fund (Limited Company) or from personal appearances on tv sofas, the book, the first article penned by Kate for a national newspaper, any fund-raising activity or speech works given by GM.

aquila

Posts : 7952
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum