The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Euro crisis? What euro crisis?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is Hollande right?

0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
100% 100% 
[ 5 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 5

Euro crisis? What euro crisis?

Post by Tony Bennett on 09.06.13 18:48

Francois Hollande, Prime Minister of France, states that the euro crisis is over:

Euro crisis is over, says France's Francois Hollande

The French president said the
crisis had "strengthened" the 17-nation bloc

French President Francois Hollande has declared an end to the eurozone debt crisis, which has gripped the region for the past four years.

"What you need to understand here in Japan is that the crisis in Europe is over," he told Japanese business leaders on a trip to the Far East.

Much of Europe is suffering from high unemployment and recession.

As recently as April, there were fears about the future of the euro due to confusion over bailing out Cyprus.

The tiny eurozone state secured a loan package worth 10bn euros (£8.4bn; $13bn) from its EU partners and the International Monetary Fund.

An early proposal to raise money through a levy on all Cypriot bank deposits caused panic in financial markets and was quickly withdrawn. Instead, the island agreed to raise 13bn euros through a tax on large deposits and through banking reform.

This came after bailouts of Greece - twice - as well as Ireland, Portugal, and a bailout of Spain's banks.

Unemployment in the eurozone is at another record high - with 19.38 million out work - and the bloc is in its longest recession since it was created in 1999, now in six consecutive quarters of shrinkage.

[ Pic: Hollande ]

In a speech on the last day of his visit to Japan, the French president said that the debt crisis has served to bolster Europe.

"I believe that the crisis, far from weakening the eurozone, will strengthen it," he said. "Now, we have all the instruments of stability and solidarity. There was an improvement in the economic governance of the eurozone, we set up a banking union, we have rules on budgetary matters that allow us to be better coordinated and have a form of convergence."

He has pledged to boost jobs and growth at home, but domestic demand has been sapped by the eurozone crisis.

The French jobless rate this month climbed to the highest level for 15 years.

Recently, the European Commission and the International Monetary Fund called on France needed to introduce more economic reforms or else risk lagging behind some of its European neighbours.

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Euro crisis? What euro crisis?

Post by Guest on 09.06.13 19:41

Hollande is an idiot.
All French, I know here, regret they elected him.
France will be bankrupt soon, so I'd rather get my money out of this country.

Anyone know of a nice new location? Algarve ... ?

ETA He just had ONE good idea and got shot down with it. Well, as the saying goes: people get the leader they deserve ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 09.06.13 19:57

Châtelaine wrote:Hollande is an idiot.

Anyone know of a nice new location?
Swiss bank accounts?

Jersey?

Cayman Islands?

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.06.13 20:31

Châtelaine wrote:Hollande is an idiot.

Anyone know of a nice new location?

Can't you put it in an envelope and send it to Rothley?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.06.13 20:34

A picture tells a thousand words ...

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum