The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

No.10 rocked by secret love affair:

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: No.10 rocked by secret love affair:

Post by jd on 02.06.13 17:14

@Nina wrote:Has Kate McCann visited No.10 spin

I did have a thought whether it was gerry mccann and Theresa May big grin

Photos of kate and gerry have been rather rare the past year...and Common Purpose Hacked Off were tightly involved with the government big grin

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 02.06.13 17:37

Now, this is a question for all of you who pride themselves on being able to win just about any TV quizz:

Which guy was described as being capable to sc..w a snake, if he could get someone to hold its head?

Why did this come to mind?
At a time/place like this?

Surely, Theresa is well past it, hopefully?

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 02.06.13 19:57

Kate and Gordon

Gerry and Camilla

Kate and Camilla

Gerry and ................

God, I'll have nightmares again.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 02.06.13 20:07

Nick Bennett
‏@njbennett

I do hope that #torysexscandal is not connected to the flame-haired instigator of Operation Grange. #McCann http://tinyurl.com/m6oqngb

Back to top Go down

Post by Snifferdog on 02.06.13 20:22

Châtelaine wrote:Nick Bennett
‏@njbennett

I do hope that #torysexscandal is not connected to the flame-haired instigator of Operation Grange. #McCann http://tinyurl.com/m6oqngb

Ride a cock horse to Banbury cross. To see a fine lady upon a white horse...who was it that went riding together? We heard all about it at the Leveson inquiry if I remember correctly.

Snifferdog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 02.06.13 20:37

Are you still trying to find out who has been meeting behind the bike shed??
I've heard it's the man with snowy hair, and someone VERY close to Cameron. But don't take MY word for it

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaniel on 02.06.13 20:44

@Snifferdog wrote:
‏@njbennett

Ride a cock horse to Banbury cross. To see a fine lady upon a white horse...who was it that went riding together? We heard all about it at the Leveson inquiry if I remember correctly.
Horses feature highly it seems, not of the rocking variety again hopefully.
Not GB surely? It would make my blood drain too if he was having relations with a woman, any woman, cross party or otherwise. Another man then?

Eurgh! The thought of that nose picking, wiping on his tie, flicking it at the opposition, vile creature getting up close to anyone of either sex is an affront to decent hygiene everywhere.

He's possibly what started the lack of hygiene scare in the NHS, he was visiting, the filthy creature.

Spaniel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 02.06.13 21:01

I do like a good conspiracy from time to time... And got a couple of pictures in my head in this case.
Will let go, though, now and wait for the outcome, as there are are so many other things to get carried away with in life ...

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 02.06.13 21:12

Just been having a little look around, so if the below is correct, the
article by Carl Bernstein, at end of page, is very relevant.

UK beware ----- re freedom of speech .

2 June 2013
Andy Coulson and Rebekah Brooks Affair

David Cameron has held crisis talks at Downing Street after being told of allegations of a sensational love affair which has potentially significant political implications for him.

For legal reasons, The Mail on Sunday cannot disclose the identities of the people involved or any details of the relationship – even its duration – other than that they are middle-aged figures. The affair has now concluded.
But this newspaper can report that when aides told Mr Cameron the identities of the alleged lovers he was ‘stunned’, and, according to sources, ‘immediately realised the importance of the story’.

The Prime Minister and his aides also discussed the possible fallout should details of the affair become public – and how such disclosure could ‘blow out of the water’ any major political set pieces planned by No 10.

One senior source told this newspaper last night: ‘This revelation is dynamite. None of us could believe it when we first heard it. Then we just thought, “What a complete mess”.’
____
No names, but infamous blogger "Guido Fawkes" (Paul Staines) just couldn't resist planting a clue:

http://order-order.com/2013/06/01/sunday-sleaze-special-2/
which includes a graphic of the Mail on Sunday front page splash

http://orderorder.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/acrb.png
Image name "ACRB" = Andy Coulson and Rebekah Brooks

The Telegraph Sunday 2nd June 2013
Carl Bernstein: Britain risks a fatal blow to its great democracy

Carl Bernstein, the scourge of Nixon, tells Peter Stanford he fears Leveson could destroy freedom of the press.
Carl Bernstein, the scourge of Nixon, fears Leveson could destroy freedom of thepress. Photo: REX FEATURES

By Peter Stanford 7:30AM BST 25 May 2013
In all the fevered debate that has followed the Leveson inquiry, the name of Carl Bernstein has been invoked several times. The reporting veteran who, with Washington Post colleague Bob Woodward, uncovered the Watergate scandal that helped bring down US President Richard Nixon, is regularly cited as an example of the best tradition of investigative journalism that now risks being compromised by press regulation. So where does the great man himself stand on what he refers to as “the Leveson process”?

“I go around the world a lot,” he says, “and the last thing I would ever do is give advice to the leader of a country — except on the question of freedom of the press.”
The proposals that have emerged post-Leveson, to give statutory underpinning to an enhanced system of press self-regulation, are, he states bluntly, “unimaginable to this American reporter”.

And he goes further. In a strongly-worded rebuke to those inside and outside Parliament who are keen to see more controls imposed, he describes Britain as “on the verge of inhibiting press freedom and that is corrosive, even potentially fatally corrosive, to a democracy, and to your great democracy, because a free press is the only institution that, when push comes to shove, is liable to keep up freedom”.

We are sitting in an ornate antechamber at the Petõfi Irodalmi Museum of Literature in the Hungarian capital, where in a few hours’ time 69-year-old Bernstein will be giving a lecture as part of the Hay Festival Budapest which has been taking place this week. Spring sunshine floods in through the window next to him each time there is a break in the clouds and, seated on an outsized sofa, the compact Bernstein ducks back and forth to avoid its glare. He
alternates between being bathed in light and shrouded in gloom. It fits neatly with his mood.

On some matters he is buoyantly optimistic. There is, he enthuses “great reporting’’ going on today in the traditional press and on the web. ''I have just given out the George Polk Memorial Awards, second only to the Pulitzer Prize [of which he and Woodward have been recipients]. There were 15 stories that were as terrific jobs of reporting on television, the web and print as I have ever seen.” And that from a man who started out in a newsroom at 16.

Bernstein dismisses categorically the suggestion that the sort of long-term, detailed investigation he and Woodward undertook into Watergate would be impossible for reporters today, as has been claimed recently. But only, and here his demeanour darkens, if the freedom of the press is not compromised.

“Thank God in America we have the First Amendment [which prevents the passing of any law that impinges on freedom of the press]. But in the UK you have nothing like the First Amendment. You have an Official Secrets Act, as well as a body of libel law, that inhibits not only reporting but enables prior restraint legally. They can stop things from being published. In the States there is no such grounds for prior restraint. That is the huge difference between the atmosphere and working conditions of the British and American press.”

If we already suffer more controls on a free press than in his native America — “the UK is in the Dark Ages on press freedom,” he claims — Bernstein worries that, rather than working to improve the situation, the Leveson fallout is about to make it worse. “It should have been an opportunity to move away from the Official Secrets Act, to move away from restrictive libel law, but the opposite is happening. It is the biggest craw in the throat of the country that has taught us about free institutions. I don’t get it.”

So would he allow phone hacking to go unpunished and unregulated as a price worth paying for press freedom? He shakes his head vigorously.

“In both America and Great Britain there are already plenty of laws from breaking-and-entering, to wire-tap statutes, to criminal mischief, that ought to be sufficient to throw any publisher or reporter or editor in jail who misuses the freedom of the press in a truly criminal way. We don’t need any new supra-statutory authority. Use existing criminal statutory authority in the phone-hacking case to move forward with press freedom, not backwards.’’

With prosecutions pending against Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson, former senior figures at News International, that is surely happening? “In fact,” Bernstein reflects, “it is a great opportunity to send people to jail where they belong, from reporters and on up the chain. Let a grand jury make the decision on members of the Murdoch 'family’ and whether they are criminally culpable in this. That’s what juries are for.”

If he was sitting on that jury, what would his verdict be? He laughs and takes a slug of his iced espresso. He isn’t falling for that one. “If I am on the jury, then I am presented with evidence that enables me to make a well-informed decision about guilt or innocence. But right now I am in a position to make a judgment that institutional rot, responsible for this kind of journalism, comes from the top down. It is an inevitable reflection of Murdochism run amok.” As well as News International in Britain, the Murdoch empire has substantial media holdings in the United States, including Fox News and the Wall Street Journal, where there is much talk that Barack Obama is facing his very own Watergate.
The evidence quoted against him is: that the Department of Justice seized two months’ worth of phone records from the reporters of the Associated Press agency as part of efforts to identify the source of leaks from within the administration; that the White House and State Department have been involved in a cover-up over the attack last year on the US consulate in Benghazi that killed four, including the US ambassador to Libya; and that the Internal
Revenue Service has been singling out ultra-conservative Tea Party groups for extra scrutiny.

Bernstein is visibly outraged at the comparisons made between Watergate and anything Barack Obama has done. “It is inept and inapt and wrong,” he pronounces, “certainly on the basis of anything we know thus far. Watergate was about a criminal president of the United States and a criminal presidency. It bears no relation
to anything we have seen from this president. It is important to say that because people are making really reckless conclusions.”

I asked him how he felt about the tendency to describe every political scandal as “something-gate”? “Newspapers and media are part of pop culture,” he replies, “and it is always going to be tempting to oversimplify. Appending the suffix
'-gate’ to silly things has been going on for 40 years. That doesn’t bother me much because I am used to it. What bothers me is that there is a battle going on in Washington, and in the country, based largely on misinformation and
disinformation in which one side thinks, or would promote the fiction, that
Obama’s weaknesses and/or failures of leadership have something to do with criminality.”

Bernstein does, however, believe the seizure of Associated Press records represents an attack on the freedom of the press. “Sadly our president has chosen to play loose with the First Amendment by using statutory, legal authority to do truly wrong-headed things that inhibit the free press, and which are intended to inhibit people in
government from talking to reporters. It is a damn shame. This is Obama’s own policy, and it is a terrible policy.”

While he is frank in acknowledging the failures of Obama – “his insularity, his apparent disdain for getting his hands dirty and the to and fro of real political horse-trading” — he places them in the context of the opposition the president
has faced that he characterises as “personal, virulent, against the national interest and the most irresponsible behaviour I have seen in my lifetime by either party — and that includes the McCarthy era.”

There is, he says, “ideological and cultural warfare” going on in Washington that has left Congress “a broken institution”. Which brings us full circle to the role of a free press – not to fall in with what Bernstein describes as “pathological politics”, but in offering the first-rate reporting, which this veteran of 54 years in newspapers defines unfailingly as “the best available version of the truth”.

Carl Bernstein appears at the Telegraph Hay Festival on Sunday at 5.30pm

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 02.06.13 21:15

@sallypelt wrote:Are you still trying to find out who has been meeting behind the bike shed??
I've heard it's the man with snowy hair, and someone VERY close to Cameron. But don't take MY word for it
Boris and Sam??

Smokeandmirrors

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 02.06.13 21:15

‏@njbennett

Well ...... there is an ongoing case ... waiting to go to Court, details of which cannot be published yet.

Also seen lots of tweets saying it was the redhead who told DC to hire AC.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 02.06.13 21:17

BJ + SC

Opps! I forgot to mention SEX TAPES too

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 02.06.13 21:20

@sallypelt wrote:BJ + SC

I'd have thought she was rather too Skinny Latte for Bonking Boris!

Smokeandmirrors

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 02.06.13 21:27

If it is AC and RB, no wonder DC is upset.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Praiaaa on 02.06.13 21:39

if it is AC and RB, who is remotely interested|? They were close colleagues anyway, and could just as easily be sharing info even if not as pillow talk, so any additional sexual element would be pretty irrelevant and completely interesting and 'meh' to most of the British public.

Praiaaa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 02.06.13 21:40

It's all over the internet who it is, and it's not RB or AC. Why would Cameron be "stunned" because of those two?

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peneda Geres on 02.06.13 21:41

@Woofer wrote:If it is AC and RB, no wonder DC is upset.

I will reiterate, seb and sc, surprised it's taken this long.

Peneda Geres

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 02.06.13 21:46

@Praiaaa wrote:if it is AC and RB, who is remotely interested|? They were close colleagues anyway, and could just as easily be sharing info even if not as pillow talk, so any additional sexual element would be pretty irrelevant and completely interesting and 'meh' to most of the British public.
the only consequence would be that AC was in cabinet office, privy to govt affairs, RB would be getting info out, or putting info in, or both, thus corruption possibility, leading to embarrassment for DC. After all, he hired AC on shaky grounds, as seen by his shifty responses when questioned by the parliamentary committee as to what sort of checks AC had gone through etc..... bad judgment on DC's part and fodder for those wishing for an excuse to get him out....that's what will be worrying him.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 02.06.13 21:51

@Praiaaa wrote:if it is AC and RB, who is remotely interested|? They were close colleagues anyway, and could just as easily be sharing info even if not as pillow talk, so any additional sexual element would be pretty irrelevant and completely interesting and 'meh' to most of the British public.

As someone has already said, its nothing to do with who`s bonking who. It has far deeper implications politically for DC. It would emphasis even more how he was used by her even so far as to getting DC to hire AC. Anyway ... that`s if it is them. Peneda Geres reckons its an seb + sc.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Praiaaa on 02.06.13 21:52

The fact that AC has been arrested is enough in terms of bad judgement, and has already happened, anything else - eg affairs really doesn't add to that - not gonna stir anyone's stumps these days.

Praiaaa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 02.06.13 21:52

Well, I expect we will be getting a lot more people sueing for libel again! The papers start of this speculation, by giving us just enough to make people start speculating, it gets all over the internet, and wham here come the lawsuits. Either they should name and shame, or not saying anything at all. Do they really think that by dangling this carrot people are not going to be asking and wondering who it is? After all twitter and the social sites are just a different way of people getting together and chatting, like in the pub etc. All wrong imo. Let's wait and see who will be first to say they are being libelled.

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 02.06.13 21:53

@Woofer wrote:

As someone has already said, its nothing to do with who`s bonking who. It has far deeper implications politically for DC. It would emphasis even more how he was used by her even so far as to getting DC to hire AC. Anyway ... that`s if it is them. Peneda Geres reckons its an seb + sc.

Yes, AC, SC and BJ are all POLITICALLY in the mix. It's a tough time for DC

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Praiaaa on 02.06.13 21:53

SC as in Sam Cam?

Praiaaa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 02.06.13 21:53

@Peneda Geres wrote:

sorry Peneda Geres, just seen your message. I was busy posting.
Interesting if seb and sc but I can't see why that would be embarrassing to DC, hurtful maybe, but not a risk to government surely.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 02.06.13 22:00

@bobbin wrote:
@Peneda Geres wrote:

sorry Peneda Geres, just seen your message. I was busy posting.
Interesting if seb and sc but I can't see why that would be embarrassing to DC, hurtful maybe, but not a risk to government surely.

Apparently there isn`t an injunction against publishing - its because its a sub-judicial matter that the names cannot be published - and the only ones with a pending court case are the ones stated.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum