The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Jill Havern
Forum owner

For England and St George

View previous topic View next topic Go down

For England and St George

Post by Guest on 19.05.13 11:29

Is it right to fly the St George's flag ANYWHERE in Britain?

A RURAL town council was yesterday branded "outrageous" and "ignorant" after voting against flying the flag of St George because of its links to the Crusades - claiming it might be 'offensive' to Muslims

http://www.express.co.uk/comment/haveyoursay/400012/Is-it-right-to-fly-the-St-George-s-flag-ANYWHERE-in-Britain

copied from comment on artical.

Wake up you people of England,

For your enemies strike at its heart,

Everything you hold dear and fought for

Is being tragically, torn apart.

Our proud flag of St George though hoisted,

No longer flutters in the breeze,

It clings to the flagpole limply

The English have been brought to their knees.

Gone now truth and honesty,

Our Country’s Defence an empty sham,

The people will never forgive

Our Politicians for what they have done.

St George, he fought the dragon,

A powerful enemy he could plainly see,

Yet, within the bowels of Parliament

Are those that betray you and me.

The sleeping giant will now awake,

Give voice with one great roar,

Seek out the fork tongued treacherous ones

To weave their spell no more.

Our flag will proudly fly aloft,

And loud our Anthem sing,

In England’s green and pleasant land,

Freedom once more shall bring

What is happening to our England?

Back to top Go down

Re: For England and St George

Post by tigger on 19.05.13 12:49

The Islam conquered most of the Middle East by the sword, not by moving in and starting up corner shops.

So that was all right then, the crusaders trying to take back the places holy to christians - that was in principle the reason for the crusades.
There were many other reasons as well, but for goodness' sakes , these were the early middle ages.

Besides, there is no such thing as a 'clean' war, both sides committed atrocities. So now the result is that 800 years later you can't hang out a flag pertaining to your own country because it might upset distant descendants from a people who invaded someone else's country in the first place.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 19.05.13 14:45

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 19.05.13 15:49

Where I live the Cross of St. George flag is hung out of bedroom windows now and then - I asked a neighbour why that was (I've lived outside UK for a long time) and was told 'that's a soldier returning on leave from Afghanistan'. There's no problem with an individual flying the England flag in the very large community where I live. Why should there be? It's the flag of the country in which we live. I lived in Greece, Greek flags abounded. I lived in South Africa and their flag is very prominent. Australia adore their flag.

If you live in a country - you live under their flag. If you don't like it - you are free to live under the flag of another country if you choose. Simples.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 19.05.13 16:55

Exactly and if you choose to go and live and settle in another country I think you should learn to speak the language and learn to mix in with the majority. this is absolute nonsense and the voters should make it clear that they find it unacceptable (those who do obviously).

It is exactly this sort of nonsense that fuels ill feeling imo.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.05.13 10:14

Here's another one;

Ex-soldier told to repaint his St George's flag front door by housing association after it was deemed offensive and distressing

• Steven Rolfe painted the St George's flag on his front door in 2003
  • He received a letter ten years on saying neighbours could be 'alarmed'
  • Landlords have now apologised for saying it could be 'offensive'
  • But they insist he must repaint door as he does not have proper permission

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2327441/Steven-Rolfe-Ex-soldier-told-repaint-St-Georges-flag-door-housing-association-deemed-offensive-distressing.html

Well I'm not stopping wearing my Flag of England dress, but then again I might cause offence and be asked to remove it. To hell with it I'm' still going to wear it, and wear it with pride

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 21.05.13 10:36

@tigger wrote:The Islam conquered most of the Middle East by the sword, not by moving in and starting up corner shops.

So that was all right then, the crusaders trying to take back the places holy to christians - that was in principle the reason for the crusades.
There were many other reasons as well, but for goodness' sakes , these were the early middle ages.

Besides, there is no such thing as a 'clean' war, both sides committed atrocities. So now the result is that 800 years later you can't hang out a flag pertaining to your own country because it might upset distant descendants from a people who invaded someone else's country in the first place.

The only flag to be afraid of is the EU flag. That's the flag that insidiously appears everywhere. In fact it's compulsory on many occasions. This EU flag has no country of origin and represents no culture that I would wish to be aligned with. Let France be French, let Britain be British, let The Netherlands be Dutch.......and all the countries in Europe be free to be themselves. Let us all have the freedom and opportunity to trade internationally.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum