The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Three women found in Ohio house after being missing for a decade

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Three women found in Ohio house after being missing for a decade

Post by Guest on 07.05.13 8:31

It's 3 WOMEN found after decade. I do hope nobody is inspired to use this as evidence for another case ...

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 07.05.13 8:46

I'll bet NOT ONE of those poor girls had CSI blood and cadaver dogs alerting throughout their homes and in their parents cars!

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 07.05.13 9:17

Châtelaine wrote:It's 3 WOMEN found after decade. I do hope nobody is inspired to use this as evidence for another case ...
They will. You watch. Clarrie's typewriter is going hell for leather as we speak.
What a pity this did not happen just before the anniversary. What a missed opportunity.

Can anyone find the original reports of the disappearances ?
Google seems stuffed with the news.
It would be interesting to see what the police did at that end.
Dogs, forensics, focus on family and so on.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 07.05.13 10:55

Judging by the headline, it seems as if the disappearance of Amanda Berry was particularly famous but there don't seem to be any archive reports on her or the other two.

Yes, the similarities to the McCann case are truly underwhelming!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 07.05.13 11:15

@PeterMac wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:It's 3 WOMEN found after decade. I do hope nobody is inspired to use this as evidence for another case ...
They will. You watch. Clarrie's typewriter is going hell for leather as we speak.
What a pity this did not happen just before the anniversary. What a missed opportunity.

Can anyone find the original reports of the disappearances ?
Google seems stuffed with the news.
It would be interesting to see what the police did at that end.
Dogs, forensics, focus on family and so on.

Timelines of Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus cases

Here's a look at the timeline involving Amanda Berry's disappearance:

April 21, 2003: Amanda Berry last seen leaving her job at a Burger King at W. 110th and Lorain. She disappeared the day before her 17th birthday.

April 2003: Berry's family receives call from Amanda's cell phone. Man tells family the teen will be released in a few days. FBI begins investigating as a kidnapping.

November 2004: Amanda's mother, Louwana Miller, appears on Montel Williams show with psychic Sylvia Browne. Browne tells Miller that Amanda is dead and she sees her "in water." Devastated, Miller is told she will see Amanda "on the other side, in Heaven."

March 2, 2006: Amanda's mother, Louwana Miller, dies of heart failure at age 43. Her daughter says Amanda's disappearance broke her mother's heart.

November 2008: Body found by hunters in a Wisconsin creek is suspected of being Amanda's. However, DNA tests rule that out.

July 2012: Tip from a prisoner being held in Lucasville leads to search of house on W. 30th and Wade in connection with Amanda Berry disappearance. A search of the site turns up no evidence of the missing teen.

May 6, 2013: Three women run from a home on Seymour Avenue claiming to be Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and a third woman-yet to be identified.

Here's a look at the timeline involving Gina DeJesus' disappearance.

April 2, 2004: Gina DeJesus, 14, disappears walking home from Wilbur Wright Middle School in Cleveland.

April 2004: Gina's disappearance comes nearly a year after that of Amanda Berry in roughly same area of city.

April 2004: Search for Gina widens. FBI combs through hours of surveillance tape trying to find any clue.

April 2004: Gina and Amanda's cases featured on America's Most Wanted.

September 22, 2006: Tip leads police to search under a Cleveland driveway for Gina. Nothing is found. Her mother, Nancy Ruiz, maintains as she always has that she believes her daughter is alive.

Jan. 2007: Discovery of missing Missouri boy found alive renews family's hope that can be located.

April 2013: Family and community marks ninth year of Gina's disappearance.

May 6, 2013: Gina and Amanda found alive with another missing woman in a house in Cleveland.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/379198/3/Timelines-of-missing-Ohio-girls-cases

Amanda Berry and Gina DeJesus: When they disappeared, what happened in the years before they were found

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2013/05/amanda_berry_and_gina_dejesus.html

Seems strangely familier

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 07.05.13 15:02

A very strange coincidence:

WKYC's Sara Shookman uncovered an article written in 2004. It was
about the disappearance of Gina DeJesus. The author of the article was
Ariel Castro. (READ MORE)

After some investigation WKYC learned that the author was the son of
the man arrested Monday in connection with the three women who were
rescued from the home.

Back to top Go down

Post by Philthecynic on 07.05.13 16:16

This all sounds a little too convenient. 10 years and neighbours weren't even aware of their presence. Time will tell but why would the girl announce that she had been in the news for ten years.

OK I may be completely off base here but it all sounds a bit fishy to me. Saw a guy on SKY news saying that it's a mystery what the girls had been doing for 10 years. Watch this space?
BTW I hope I'm wrong and this will be a rare happy ending.

Philthecynic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs on 07.05.13 16:40

Something in this story is off, i can't quite put my finger on it. i need more stattements to come to a conclusion.

The obvious one is why did they not try to escape at any point?

I agree the gruesome twosome and pink princess will be positively salivating at the mouth, claiming this proves their Belief Maddie is alive is well founded.

However, all these girls were adolescents and not 3 years old ( paedophiles have a prefferred age range, one interested in toddlers is more often than not, not remotely interested in a pubescent girl)

It is unusual that they were kept alive so long after abduction unlike the usual killing or rarely dumping of a victim.

Given their ages i wonder if they were taken as 'wives' to fulfil their captors every need for ever rather than the more often raped and killed.

Long term captors do not take a 3 yr old to keep for ever, they grow up.

A childless woman or couple desperate for a child these days have all sorts of options open such as ivf in it's various forms, surrogacy or adoption/ Stealing a child is not longer worth the risk, when, with enough money you can buy a child legally.

In cases where a childless woman oes steal a child it is almost always a newborn or een a preborn.

These can be passed off as her own especially if she has faked pregnancy.

There is no way in hell they will say here is my new baby and present a 3 yr old toddler who can talk and make a scene.

Having eliminated paedophile who keeps a toddler for years and childless women, Not even bothered with gypsy gangs who stole to order, again why risk major jail time when you can legally buy and adopt a child pretty much anywere in the world, or the oft mentioned kidnapped by a high ranking saudi family, again they have pots of money they could use ifv or surrogacy or go to a firm and legally buy a child they like. the logical option then is homicide as verified by the reaction of blood and cadaver dogs.

Maddie is dead, this is a given.

The gruesome twosome know this as they have repeatedly in words and behavior told us.

The tapas 7 know or strongly suspect Maddie is dead and they are involved in the subsequent cover up.

We know the children were sedated, lord muck told us this as did lilo lil.

We pretty much know the children were all togeather thanks to lord's muck's classic one of the other... twins comment ( yours were the only twins there pal, there was no other twins, you wer going to say other children )

What we don't know exactly is how she died and if sexual abuse was involved ( it is how suspected thanks to the Drs Gapar statements)

If an accident why not call 911?

Was it because the autopsy would have revealed incriminating evidence? evidence that wuld lose all of them their licences to practice?

I wonder if the children were checked, if there would be any signs of abuse?

If you want to maintain the flimsiest shred of credibility you and your chums best say nothing aligning this case with that of Maddie.

There aren't even remotely close.

Hobs

View user profile http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Philthecynic on 07.05.13 17:53

@Hobs wrote:Something in this story is off, i can't quite put my finger on it. i need more stattements to come to a conclusion.

This is my thought too. Also why, in her 911 call does she feel the need to identify herself as one of the kidnap victims in her first few sentences. Surely "I'm being held prisoner get me out of here." would do it. The kidnapping was old news so it seems she was trying to remind people for some reason. After 10 years I'd just want to end the misery and tell your story once rescued.
Something is not right but it's in no way connected to Maddy's case.

Philthecynic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 07.05.13 18:52

No, it's indeed no way related to Madeleine's case, but that doesn't mean that the McCs will not use it. They've been referring more than regularly to other non-related cases, in which kidnapped girls [none of them as young as 3-4 years] were found/freed years later :-(

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 07.05.13 19:13

I have started a topic in latest news on this with the above post, so please discuss there,

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayniia on 07.05.13 22:49

"My advice to any British tourist ,please come to Portugal,please come to the Algarve but if you're coming as a family holiday treat it as a family holiday and do things together, don't leave the kids"
Words from an ExPat Algarve resident

Ayniia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 07.05.13 22:49

A bit of a hyped person. But I really liked, when he said [non verbatim]: "When a white girl runs into a black man's arms, you know that there's something really wrong going on" ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayniia on 07.05.13 23:12

@Philthecynic wrote:
@Hobs wrote:Something in this story is off, i can't quite put my finger on it. i need more stattements to come to a conclusion.

This is my thought too. Also why, in her 911 call does she feel the need to identify herself as one of the kidnap victims in her first few sentences. Surely "I'm being held prisoner get me out of here." would do it. The kidnapping was old news so it seems she was trying to remind people for some reason. After 10 years I'd just want to end the misery and tell your story once rescued.
Something is not right but it's in no way connected to Maddy's case.

Well I dunno I can't see anything off in this like in the Elizabeth Smart saying "you think I'm that girl that ran away but I'm not" after being "found"

Edited to add: about she saying her name, I think there's a difference saying : I was kidnaped for 10 years or : I'm Amanda Barry (change the name to Madeleine Mccann and I think you get what I mean)

"My advice to any British tourist ,please come to Portugal,please come to the Algarve but if you're coming as a family holiday treat it as a family holiday and do things together, don't leave the kids"
Words from an ExPat Algarve resident

Ayniia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 08.05.13 8:13

Some aspects are extremely odd.
Stockholm Syndrome is one thing, but parts of this are strange.
I am reserving judgment until some more concrete evidence comes out.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Olympicana_Reloaded on 08.05.13 8:20

Escaping captivity: Psychological chains are longer lasting

Three women have been rescued in Cleveland after being held captive for about a decade. But some experts say the hard times aren't over yet.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22408038

Olympicana_Reloaded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.05.13 8:40

@PeterMac wrote:Some aspects are extremely odd.
2002: Michele Knight disappeared in August, when she was 21. Authorities never registered her as missing, as they believed she went away of her own free will [after her child had been taken into custody?].

2003: Amanda Berry [17] goes missing

2004: Gina Dejesus [14] goes missing.

It is the first one that puzzles me ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.05.13 8:42

@PeterMac wrote:Some aspects are extremely odd.
There is quite a lot more - sensational stuff - being revealed on this U.S. website:

]http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/world/brekkie-wrap-secret-translations-for-dan-brown-book-more-twists-in-us-kidnapping-case/story-fnhrvhol-1226637252917

The headlines are:

1. One of Ariel Castro's sons wrote and published a story about one of the missing girls (see below)

2. The best friend of Gina de Jesus (one of the missing girls) gave a TV interview some months after her 'best friend' disappeared - she was also Ariel Castro's daughter! There is even speculation that this TV interview occurred in the very house where it is now known that these three girls were held in a dungeon

3. The police received reports of a woman seen by a neighbour crawling on the lawn in the back garden. The police received other reports. They did NOTHING.

ALSO:

Neighbours say they saw Ariel Castro, who had been a school bus driver for about 20 years, arriving home twice a day carrying McDonalds bags, raising the possibility that these three girls were not only kept in an air-less, light-less dungeon for most of their captivity but were also fed on McDonalds hamburgers.

It seems then that at least two other children of Ariel Castro helped to maintain this crime over a decade by also keeping it a secret from the authorities.

That's the 3 brothers, plus 2 children. Did anyone else know these brothers' sinister secret?

More here:

There were also more stranger-than-fiction twists in the case of the three missing women found inside the Cleveland home of Ariel Castro. The women were overnight released from hospital as investigators praised the bravery of Amanda Berry - the woman who escaped and raised the alarm - and confirmed a six-year-old child found at the house was Ms Berry's daughter.

It also emerged the son of one of the suspects once wrote a story on one of the missing women (even interviewing her mother) while one of the suspects told a TV station last year that a search for the body of Ms Berry was a "waste of money". Separately, the parents of missing British girl Madeleine McCann said the discovery of the women "reaffirms our hope of finding Madeleine, which has never diminished".

]http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/world/ariel-castros-son-ariel-anthony-castro-wrote-about-missing-woman-gina-dejesus/story-fnhrvhol-1226637252450

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 08.05.13 8:45

But there were three of them - all of them must have wanted to escape at some time or other over that long period.
Amanda Berry looks max 2 yrs older than on the poster after ten years.

There's also the possibility of complicity in this small group - did the older one help to kidnap the others? If they were kept indoors, their skin colour must be hideous. Were none of them ever ill during that period? If one of them had a child - how was the birth arranged?
If the others girls were kidnapped at intervals coinciding with e.g. the other girl(s) being pregnant?

What is this all about? A feel-good story? With salacious details? I'll wait for Hobs.
Fr Hobs:
Lies: I gave a phone to a family member (one of those 'mobile' home phones) . Noticed she was using the very old one after some time.
'My' phone was broken she told me (this usually has the subtext ' you should pay for repairs') but she says she threw it away when I ask to see it because I might be able to repair it.
Months afterwards I find she's given it to her son. Hmm. Turns out it was not broken, it did fall on the carpet once and the lid of the battery compartment came off, with tape the lid stayed on. That's what she says now.
She did not lie about it being broken. But it was superficial, it still worked.
She did lie about throwing it out - although giving it away to gain favour with her son is almost the same.
It's possible that the phone was never broken, falling on a thick carpet doesn't support that.

I have years of these stories - I've decided to find them amusing and they've been a tremendous help in analysing the output of TM.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 08.05.13 9:12

There are horrible details coming out now about police with sniffer dogs digging up parts of the garden, searching for buried babies born to these women.

If there is the slightest possibility despite the evidence, that Maddie has been or is continuing to be held captive by a person or persons with bad intent, [ I do not believe, having read statistics, that she is being card for by a loving family, sadly]....that is more awful than believing that she died in an accident on holiday.

There was an interesting discussion with a psychologist last night advising that people should not rush to judgment about why no escape was attempted previously. He could not emphasise enough the complexity of the relationship between the captors who abducted girls at a very emotionally sensitive age, and their captives : the abductor is both their security and their threat.

It is wonderful to read for a change on the front pages such a tale of survival under what seem more and more to be horrific circumstances. I hope that the young women are given the privacy and counselling they need to heal after such a terrible ordeal. The young child of one of them will need real kid glove treatment I would imagine.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.05.13 9:58

It still seems very odd to me that, prior to the mass coverage since the women were found, there appear to be no archive reports on the Internet relating to them being missing. I found a bucket-load of Amanda Berrys but none of them the missing girl.

I will do my best to keep an open mind for now!

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum