The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Margaret Thatcher Dies After Stroke

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Margaret Thatcher Dies After Stroke

Post by plebgate on 13.04.13 12:58

It was reported on news earier that Thatcher's house was purchased using an offshore trust (not sure exactly how it works) but bottom line, no inheritance tax to be paid.

One rule etc. etc.

Keep the poor poor but keep their own children in the lap of luxury.

Sir whatever his first name is Thatcher.

What has he ever done to warrant being called Sir. Gongs mean nothing these days. Passed down from Father or Mother to son. Ought to be abolished.

Sir, my arris. The Americans are not impressed with his Sirship. ha ha.

Katherine Jenkins been invited - will she be singing? Can't stand her voice. Another sweet smiling ordinary girl, who admitted to doing cocaine several years ago.

What a bunch.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13.04.13 14:24

My gawd there laughing in our faces, they are pushing it down our throats and think there's nothing we can do about it. I heard earlier that she didn't want a flypast because it would cost too much, it makes me very angry, this is what the media are doing inciting anger.

I read somewhere Carol Thatcher is worth £40 million pounds and Mark Thatcher £60 million and yet the public are having to pay. Parasites the lot of them.

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin on 13.04.13 14:58

@PeterMac wrote:Wait till Blair and Brown and Mandleson die. Then there will really be a party.

Yes I think you're right PeterMac. We aint seen nothing yet - Blair is probably more detested than Thatcher was, and when he goes I predict there will be fireworks unless of course all protest is banned by then. I've read they're pre-emptively arresting people before Thatcher's funeral in order to clamp down on protesters and imo the eventual goal is to wipe out future protests altogether (it's already being made as difficult as possible for people to protest about anything in this country). I see a police officer lost his job (forced to resign) over some unsavoury twitter comments he made about Margaret Thatcher. I saw his comments and they were certainly offensive but for a man to lose his job because of rude comments he made about a very divisive, many would say brutal, politician, is outrageous imo.

tasprin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 14.04.13 8:37

@tasprin wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:Wait till Blair and Brown and Mandleson die. Then there will really be a party.

Yes I think you're right PeterMac. We aint seen nothing yet - Blair is probably more detested than Thatcher was, and when he goes I predict there will be fireworks unless of course all protest is banned by then. I've read they're pre-emptively arresting people before Thatcher's funeral in order to clamp down on protesters and imo the eventual goal is to wipe out future protests altogether (it's already being made as difficult as possible for people to protest about anything in this country). I see a police officer lost his job (forced to resign) over some unsavoury twitter comments he made about Margaret Thatcher. I saw his comments and they were certainly offensive but for a man to lose his job because of rude comments he made about a very divisive, many would say brutal, politician, is outrageous imo.

I also thought it was wrong that the policeman had had to resign but he had to before he was pushed in order that he did not lose his pension apparently. As you say his commnets were offensive but why should he be sacked for them?

We think we are free and have certain rights but reality is we are not/do not.

I heard yesterday that would be protesters (or scum as some of the "elite" are calling them )are already being round up and cautioned about possibly causing trouble at the millionare's funeral and that a ring of steel is being put up. By the time it's all over I think the bill might far exceed the 10 million they say it will cost.

What a complete waste of money when we are all supposed to be" in it together".

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 14.04.13 9:11

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2013/apr/10/how-much-margaret-thatcher-funeral-cost

The above gives a breakdown of the funeral costs. Usually these occasions have two functions.
a) a state funeral will bring a certain number of heads of state to gather in one place.
b) said heads of state will be able to have unofficial conferences, away from the press and public on current matters
c) said heads of state would have to be protected by expensive security in any case.

Therefore a funeral and high level conference(s) in one for the same price. It's a bargain.

Most of the protestors weren't born when MT was PM. as far as I could see. The press are doing their best to whip up some enthusiasm in the protest, I can't see any. Just an excuse to work towards a riot by the terminally bored. Facebook, TV, Films and computer games have their limitations.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 14.04.13 9:42

Cherry Blossom wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:Odd. How did they know the "invitees" are going to outlive her? Sir James Savile didnt.

Heard on the news a while ago arangments had been made up to eight years ago, suppose if any of the invitees died before her they would be struck off the list.

My point is: it's such a total waste of time and energy to plan something well ahead of time because any thing can happen meanwhile while waiting for the "person" to die in order to execute the plan.
Someone had had to spend the time and energy doing such a banal planning just to take it out during the interim time randomly to cross out dead or out of grace people from the list , amend, revise, or whatever only for the final thing 7 years or how many years later to occur and come together. In the interim there had been a few changes of political party as government, and each succeeding political party would want their own input in the funeral arrangement.

It's just a ridiculously stupid thing to do -- planning a funeral well in advance I mean!

Just suppose some nincompoop already given instruction to another nincompoop to plan the Queen or even her successors' funeral well in advance. One thing is guaranteed : they are all going to die ONE day. If government are obsessed with the pomp of funeral then realistically speaking the funeral of King and Queen can be planned from the minute they were born.

What a bloody stupid idea, not to mention waste of time ,and abuse of office at taxpayers expense, to have planned so and so funeral years ahead of time.

At this rate, street parties and national celebrations should already be in the pipeline for when Blair and Brown and Mandleson hit the bucket.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 14.04.13 9:56

Imo the biggest protest is to ignore the whole affair.

Nina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 14.04.13 10:07

@plebgate wrote:It was reported on news earier that Thatcher's house was purchased using an offshore trust (not sure exactly how it works) but bottom line, no inheritance tax to be paid.

One rule etc. etc.

Keep the poor poor but keep their own children in the lap of luxury.

Sir whatever his first name is Thatcher.

What has he ever done to warrant being called Sir. Gongs mean nothing these days. Passed down from Father or Mother to son. Ought to be abolished.

Sir, my arris. The Americans are not impressed with his Sirship. ha ha.

Katherine Jenkins been invited - will she be singing? Can't stand her voice. Another sweet smiling ordinary girl, who admitted to doing cocaine several years ago.

What a bunch.

o/t
That's how the rich got richer and the poor poorer.
And it is not in the government's interest to implement law to outlaw purchases from offshore accounts.
Very soon half the country would be owned by China.

I watched a documentary not so long ago where the novel rich Chinese were buying up companies, lands, properties, vineyard with chateaus etc in however many countries there are on this planet. Most of the Chateaux in France were bought by rich Mainland Chinese from offshore accounts before the French Government even realised it. Property agents and financially strapped chateau and vineyard owners just look the money and if the price is right they will sell. It does not matter what that was doing to the country's heritage and culture.

What is so abhorrent is that these PRC Chinese owners actually fly China's flags over their French chateaux and using China's movie stars to promote their brands. China is the biggest importer of Bordeaux wine partly because the Chinese had acquired a hugh stalk in it.

Offshore accounts to purchase assets should be outlawed.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 14.04.13 10:15

@tigger wrote:http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2013/apr/10/how-much-margaret-thatcher-funeral-cost

The above gives a breakdown of the funeral costs. Usually these occasions have two functions.
a) a state funeral will bring a certain number of heads of state to gather in one place.
b) said heads of state will be able to have unofficial conferences, away from the press and public on current matters
c) said heads of state would have to be protected by expensive security in any case.

Therefore a funeral and high level conference(s) in one for the same price. It's a bargain.

Most of the protestors weren't born when MT was PM. as far as I could see. The press are doing their best to whip up some enthusiasm in the protest, I can't see any. Just an excuse to work towards a riot by the terminally bored. Facebook, TV, Films and computer games have their limitations.

Thatcher's family should pay for any funeral imo and if secret conferences for heads of state are needed then they should be funded by other countries as far as I am concerned. Why are the British taxpayer always taken as the mugs of Europe and the rest of the World.

I am fed up hearing on tele and papers that most of the protestors weren't born when MT was PM.

That may be true but certainly their parents and grandparents were and if I thought that my family had lost their homes, jobs etc because of the policies of this a particular PM then I might want to protest. Free country (yeah right) and all that.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 14.04.13 10:29

@Nina wrote:Imo the biggest protest is to ignore the whole affair.

I wont be watching a bunch of hypocrites feigning sorrow at our expense.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 14.04.13 10:44

Snipped from Aiyoyo's post:

Offshore accounts to purchase assets should be outlawed.

but as you say, they never will be.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 14.04.13 10:58

At least with all the Maggie headlines it has pushed the grinning Kate Middleton off the front pages. lol

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 14.04.13 11:06

@aiyoyo wrote:
Cherry Blossom wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:Odd. How did they know the "invitees" are going to outlive her? Sir James Savile didnt.

Heard on the news a while ago arangments had been made up to eight years ago, suppose if any of the invitees died before her they would be struck off the list.

My point is: it's such a total waste of time and energy to plan something well ahead of time because any thing can happen meanwhile while waiting for the "person" to die in order to execute the plan.
Someone had had to spend the time and energy doing such a banal planning just to take it out during the interim time randomly to cross out dead or out of grace people from the list , amend, revise, or whatever only for the final thing 7 years or how many years later to occur and come together. In the interim there had been a few changes of political party as government, and each succeeding political party would want their own input in the funeral arrangement.

It's just a ridiculously stupid thing to do -- planning a funeral well in advance I mean!

Just suppose some nincompoop already given instruction to another nincompoop to plan the Queen or even her successors' funeral well in advance. One thing is guaranteed : they are all going to die ONE day. If government are obsessed with the pomp of funeral then realistically speaking the funeral of King and Queen can be planned from the minute they were born.

What a bloody stupid idea, not to mention waste of time ,and abuse of office at taxpayers expense, to have planned so and so funeral years ahead of time.

At this rate, street parties and national celebrations should already be in the pipeline for when Blair and Brown and Mandleson hit the bucket.

Well said ayoyo, couldn't agree more.

There's one thing certain we are all born to die, only the majority of us don't have all the property, money, heritage that they have so the have to protect it God forbid it might fall into the hands of the peasants. They haven't got all their wealth by working it's been handed down, and looking back in history even stolen from people who they thought were getting above their status.

I'll bet all the MSM have their stories written for when the Queen, Phillip or any of the elite when they happen to pop off saves them having to pull it all together, or if there is a sudden death.

I remember it leaked out about the BBC having all their plans and tributes ready for the Queen Mother long before she died.

Agree plebgate, another kate off the front pages.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 15.04.13 19:15

Big Ben to be silent for Baroness Thatcher's funeral

The chimes of Big Ben will be silenced for the duration of Baroness Thatcher's funeral, House of Commons Speaker John Bercow has announced.

He told MPs this would be "an appropriate means of indicating our sentiments" during the occasion.

further down the article.............

'Deep respect'

It has not been silenced as a mark of respect since the funeral of former Prime Minister Sir Winston Churchill in 1965, although it was out of action for repairs for a period during the 1970s.

More here.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22157022#

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 16.04.13 0:56

@Snifferdog wrote:Mrs Thatcher is no different to all the other politicians who get voted in to do the bidding of big business and the bankers....was or was not her cabinet full of paedophiles and she sure loved having jimmy saVile around. Such good friends! She must have known. Dying does not make one a better person.

Thank you.

Thatcher was just another puppet of the real cartel (elite banker families) I can't believe that the good folk on here still believe in the left right paradigm. There is no left, there is no right, they all dance to the same tune and all answer to the same financial masters! She entertained Savile every New Year she was in office for gods sake! what does that tell you?

I despise what this woman (she devil) stood for but then again I would do being the grand daughter, daughter, sister, niece, cousin and eventually a young wife of a miner during the 84/85 strike.

Don't get me wrong I detest the labour party just as much as the tories and never believed in Scargill - he was part of the plan all along

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique on 16.04.13 2:09

I just want to say that I have made my protest about not being allowed to have a different opinion in this country anymore by downloading the "protest song".

As for silencing Big Ben - That's going some even for this present government - I heard it all now. IMO it was Thatcher that brought us to the position we are at now with the Banks.

Angelique

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 16.04.13 8:49

They really are taking the Proverbial re. Big Ben. They think they are being clever (as did Thatcher and her Government) and we all know how that ended.

Heard on news yesterday that the Duchess of York has been invited and has accepted. Are they desperate for bums on seats really?

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 16.04.13 9:26

and just when we are hearing (or will hear after the funeral) how many millions of taxpayers money will be spent, we have some more very good news for the people.

The minimum wage is to rise 12p an hour for adults and 5p an hour for those aged between 18 and 20.

Never mind when and if you get to 80 years old you will get an extra 25p year rise on your pension.

Having a laugh at the plebs. YOU BET.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 16.04.13 12:11

Can't take no chances can they, maybe they are associating Big Ben with Ding Dong

Big Ben wasn't silenced for the Queen Mother or Princes Diana I can't remember about Princess Margaret. My gawed do they think she's more of a royal than the Queen. They are trying to paint her whiter than white and change history, history can't be changed it happened, and I hope the generations to come don't ever forget what she did.

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 16.04.13 12:29

@plebgate wrote:and just when we are hearing (or will hear after the funeral) how many millions of taxpayers money will be spent, we have some more very good news for the people.

The minimum wage is to rise 12p an hour for adults and 5p an hour for those aged between 18 and 20.

Never mind when and if you get to 80 years old you will get an extra 25p year rise on your pension.

Having a laugh at the plebs. YOU BET.

But there's even better news - a friend sent me this email:
Fantastic News from Social Security concerning Pensions and Benefits

نور اگر رفت سايه پيدا نيست نقش ديوار و چشم خيره
ما نقش سايه دگر نمي دان نور اگر رفت سايه. ر رفت
نور اگر رفت سايه پيدا نيست نقش ديوار و چشم خيره ما نقش سايه دگر نمي دان نور اگر رفت سايه. ر رفت ديوار و چشم خيره ما نقش سايه دگر نمي دان نور اگر رفت سايه پيدانيست نقش ديوار و چشم خيره ماسايه
ديوار و چشم خيره ما نقش سايه دگر نمي دان نور اگر رفت سايه پيدانيست نقش ديوار و چشم خيره ماپيدا

نيست نقش
If I hear anything else, I'll let you know.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 16.04.13 15:24

For the record

From Guy Fawkes

UPDATE: A doctor writes:

I am surprised that the certificate has been accepted by the registrar. I suspect that there is a transcription error – if Baroness Thatcher had a stroke it is a cerebrovascular accident not a “Cardio Vascular Accident”. This kind of error can hold up funerals and cremations causing distress to the family. When I were a lad the coroner did not like to see “cerebrovascular accident” because the term “accident” raised unnecessary questions in lay people. This may have changed, nevertheless I am interested by Dr Powell-Brett’s use of the term “Cardio Vascular Accident”. I wonder if anyone will pick up the embarrassing transcription error or will they all keep quiet?

Oh dear!

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 16.04.13 18:02

I renewed my tv licence today. 145.50 GBP for the privilege of being able to watch a television in UK.

I can't think of any other business in UK that can take a person to court if they don't subscribe.

Tomorrow, the BBC will devote a day to Margaret Thatcher's funeral.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wonky broomstick on 16.04.13 18:06

@aquila wrote:I can't think of any other business in UK that can take a person to court if they don't subscribe.

Kate McCann's Limited Company?

wonky broomstick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 16.04.13 18:16

"I am interested
by Dr Powell-Brett’s use of the term “Cardio Vascular Accident”. I
wonder if anyone will pick up the embarrassing transcription error or
will they all keep quiet?"

IAMAIK every single death IS a "Cardio Vascular Accident". The heart stops, end of.
What caused the heart to stop is another thing.
It is, therefor, somewhat strange that the stroke isn't mentioned.

Back to top Go down

Post by Snifferdog on 16.04.13 18:46

Cherry Blossom wrote:For the record

From Guy Fawkes

UPDATE: A doctor writes:

I am surprised that the certificate has been accepted by the registrar. I suspect that there is a transcription error – if Baroness Thatcher had a stroke it is a cerebrovascular accident not a “Cardio Vascular Accident”. This kind of error can hold up funerals and cremations causing distress to the family. When I were a lad the coroner did not like to see “cerebrovascular accident” because the term “accident” raised unnecessary questions in lay people. This may have changed, nevertheless I am interested by Dr Powell-Brett’s use of the term “Cardio Vascular Accident”. I wonder if anyone will pick up the embarrassing transcription error or will they all keep quiet?

Oh dear!
Interesting...a Cardio Vascular Incident can be caused by a number of reasons. BTW not sure of the laws in GB...but is euthanasia legal there? Just asking. No no of course not what am I thinking!

Snifferdog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum