The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

New Pope Elected

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Pope Elected

Post by Hobs on 13.03.13 18:19

19:06pm local time (18:06 uk) whote smole erupted from the chimney.

I did laugh as i watched the bbc live feed on my pc when a seagull sat on said chimney, after many minutes a new seagull flew in and deposed the first one, a sign perhaps??

I told my mates a new seagull has been elected, I was tod off for being immature. heck they know me, i do not do serious

Hobs

View user profile http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: New Pope Elected

Post by bobbin on 13.03.13 19:01

@Hobs wrote:19:06pm local time (18:06 uk) whote smole erupted from the chimney.

I did laugh as i watched the bbc live feed on my pc when a seagull sat on said chimney, after many minutes a new seagull flew in and deposed the first one, a sign perhaps??

I told my mates a new seagull has been elected, I was tod off for being immature. heck they know me, i do not do serious

Well that's the smoke then, now all we need is the mirrors. I wonder what luggage this next 'little white hat in a long red frock' will be bringing to the table.
With the stench of corruption covered so thinly by the veils of the sanctimonious, the people I feel truly sorry for are the genuine 'believers' who can feel nothing but the worst betrayal ever and must be trying for all their might to find a focus for their beliefs.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sami on 13.03.13 19:02

Wonder if Kate is preparing herself.........

sami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 13.03.13 19:08

@sami wrote:Wonder if Kate is preparing herself.........
Yes. This time round the pope is coming to her p(a)lace, photo in hand for Kate to give her blessing.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 13.03.13 19:08

@sami wrote:Wonder if Kate is preparing herself.........

Next Marathon London to Rome.

I guess one mararthon run you wont see London to Portugal.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13.03.13 20:20

The new Pope is Argentinian - Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio and will be known as Francis I.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13.03.13 20:31

We'll have an Argentinian Queen soon.
Maxima.

parapono

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 14.03.13 8:10

@bobbin wrote:Well that's the smoke then, now all we need is the mirrors. I wonder what luggage this next 'little white hat in a long red frock' will be bringing to the table.
See the Mail this morning.
Did he fail to stand up to Argentina's brutal junta? Critics say Pope did little to help those who disappeared when country was under right-wing military rule
Pope accused of not standing up to junta during so-called Dirty War
Denies claims he turned blind eye to torturing of Jesuit priests
Supporters say he put himself in danger to curb excesses of military

The Pope has been accused of failing to stand up to the brutal military junta that slaughtered tens of thousands of Argentines in its so-called Dirty War.
Critics say Jorge Mario Bergoglio did little to help those who disappeared when the country was under right-wing military rule – and too much to criticise the left-wing opponents of the generals.
He has even been accused of turning a blind eye to the rounding up and torturing of his own Jesuit priests, something he strongly denies.
The baggage of Argentine history also means potential diplomatic difficulties for Britain over the Falkland Islands.
At a mass in Buenos Aires last year, on the 30th anniversary of the invasion of the Falklands, the Pope referred to the British as ‘usurpers’ and called for the Argentine dead to be thanked.
Good start.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores on 14.03.13 9:55

I'm not a Catholic. I'm glad they went outside Europe. I think they could have done a lot worse.

Miraflores

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 14.03.13 10:01

welcome

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 14.03.13 10:22

Love this tweet:

Monster Raving Loony ‏@LoonyPartyNews
Another Catholic gets the job of pope again. We intend to take this up with the EU Minister of Equality.

spit coffee

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 14.03.13 12:05

laughat
@tigger wrote:Love this tweet:

Another Catholic gets the job of pope again. We intend to take this up with the EU Minister of Equality.

spit coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 14.03.13 12:29

parapono wrote: laughat
@tigger wrote:Love this tweet:

spit coffee

Can you imagine what will happen if a Muslim were to get that job? How is the Minstry of Equality going to resolve the problem?

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Beginning to like this guy

Post by PeterMac on 23.09.13 22:14

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/pope-francis-assures-atheists-you-dont-have-to-believe-in-god-to-go-to-heaven-8810062.html
Pope Francis assures atheists: You don’t have to believe in God to go to heaven

MICHAEL DAY MILAN WEDNESDAY 11 SEPTEMBER 2013

In comments likely to enhance his progressive reputation, Pope Francis has written a long, open letter to the founder of La Repubblica newspaper, Eugenio Scalfari, stating that non-believers would be forgiven by God if they followed their consciences.

Responding to a list of questions published in the paper by Mr Scalfari, who is not a Roman Catholic, Francis wrote: “You ask me if the God of the Christians forgives those who don’t believe and who don’t seek the faith. I start by saying – and this is the fundamental thing – that God’s mercy has no limits if you go to him with a sincere and contrite heart. The issue for those who do not believe in God is to obey their conscience.

“Sin, even for those who have no faith, exists when people disobey their conscience.”
So that is a slap in the eye for true believers, who always used this as a reason for forcing Belief on others.
It is also slightly confusing when he talks of "Sin, existing when people disobey their conscience."

But what if your "conscience" genuinely tells you to commit rape, and murder. To lie and cheat ? It rather begs the question, is your "conscience" that with which I agree and of which I approve.
IN which case how is this YOUR conscience ?
That sounds a bit biblical and Commandments-ish to me.

I am still not sure that he has read his Bible as critically as I have.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs on 24.09.13 2:59

As some of you know, three is the liar's number ( Mark McClish) when a guilty person is asked to pick a number such as number of assailants, a time a crime took place etc (with dui it's usually two or a couple) three men, 3 o'clock etc is often chosen

Think about all the fairy tales, 3 bears, 3 billy goats gruff, 3 wishes, 3 blind mice, 3days spinning gold, 3 witches, 3 fairy godmothers etc

I was discussing SA with a friend who is a tad religious  and also interested in SA, being me i pointed out the number three and what it implied and then pointed out all the occurrences where three is used - three wise men, holy trinity, 3 days risen etc)  She wasn't too impressed with me pointing this out to her, she said she would go and have a thunk about it.

Fortunately she doesn't believe it is the one and only book of god's own words and that everything in it is completely true even when it contradicts itself and that i only point such things out to make her think.

it's kind of funny since i am an atheist and she calls me god's lil helper because i make  her reassess herself and her beliefs and her motives for doing things

Hobs

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 24.09.13 6:55

@PeterMac wrote:http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/pope-francis-assures-atheists-you-dont-have-to-believe-in-god-to-go-to-heaven-8810062.html
Pope Francis assures atheists: You don’t have to believe in God to go to heaven

MICHAEL DAY   MILAN  WEDNESDAY 11 SEPTEMBER 2013

In comments likely to enhance his progressive reputation, Pope Francis has written a long, open letter to the founder of La Repubblica newspaper, Eugenio Scalfari, stating that non-believers would be forgiven by God if they followed their consciences.

Responding to a list of questions published in the paper by Mr Scalfari, who is not a Roman Catholic, Francis wrote: “You ask me if the God of the Christians forgives those who don’t believe and who don’t seek the faith. I start by saying – and this is the fundamental thing – that God’s mercy has no limits if you go to him with a sincere and contrite heart. The issue for those who do not believe in God is to obey their conscience.

“Sin, even for those who have no faith, exists when people disobey their conscience.”
So that is a slap in the eye for true believers, who always used this as a reason for forcing Belief on others.
It is also slightly confusing when he talks of "Sin, existing when people disobey their conscience."

But what if your "conscience" genuinely tells you to commit rape, and murder. To lie and cheat ?   It rather begs the question, is your "conscience" that with which I agree and of which I approve.
IN which case how is this YOUR conscience ?
That sounds a bit biblical and Commandments-ish to me.

I am still not sure that he has read his Bible as critically as I have.
There's a rather brilliant book by a writer called Pakenham I believe  - 'a knowledge of angels' _which  deals brilliantly with this question. Well worth a read.

My favourite book on religion is 'Small Gods' by Terry Pratchet. The vicar of All Saints told me it was the best one he'd read on religion.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 24.09.13 7:58

3 is an interesting number - being the lowest prime.
Another Biblical number is 7, the highest single digit prime.
7 Orders of Angels, 7 seals, 7 trumpets, the list is a long one.

Many of these, I suspect, are nothing more than mnemonic devices to assist memory from an illiterate age.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whmon on 24.09.13 13:39

@tigger wrote:
There's a rather brilliant book by a writer called Pakenham I believe  - 'a knowledge of angels' _which  deals brilliantly with this question. Well worth a read.

My favourite book on religion is 'Small Gods' by Terry Pratchet. The  vicar of All Saints told me it was the best one he'd read on religion.
I love 'The God Delusion' Richard Dawkins. Well worth reading.

This message is confidential and the information must not be used, disclosed, or copied to any other person who is not entitled to receive it. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender and then delete it.

whmon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nereid on 24.09.13 16:52

@PeterMac wrote:3 is an interesting number - being the lowest prime.
Another Biblical number is 7, the highest single digit prime.
7 Orders of Angels, 7 seals, 7 trumpets, the list is a long one.

Many of these, I suspect, are nothing more than mnemonic devices to assist memory from an illiterate age.
after 2, which is the only even prime number.

Nereid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs on 24.09.13 17:50

Terry Pratchett is one of my favorite authors.
I have all his books and the science of the discworld books will make you go hmmm.

Small Gods is a great take on religion, I love how he takes everyday things and moves them to discworld where he reveals the absurdity of it.

I am waiting excitedly for Raising Steam to hit the shelves.

Hobs

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum