The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

A QUARTER of a million Britons are paedophiles

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A QUARTER of a million Britons are paedophiles

Post by Ribisl on 10.02.13 14:15

A QUARTER of a million Britons - more than one in every 200 adults - are paedophiles, according to new figures released by Scotland Yard.

The statistics have been compiled by Det Chief Insp Bob McLachlan, the head of the Yard's paedophile unit, who sees them as a "conservative estimate". The figures are likely to rekindle public anxiety about the number of child abusers on the loose.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1379946/UK-has-250000-paedophiles-says-police-study.html

Ribisl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A QUARTER of a million Britons are paedophiles

Post by PeterMac on 10.02.13 16:57

Which neatly matches the quarter of a million children who go missing every year.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost on 10.02.13 18:22

Peter I googled the subject and there are a few figures flying around, but NONE coming close to what CEOP reckon, 1.5 million a year

Now, I may have got my math wrong, but one child going missing ever 3 minutes = around 1.5 million a year

?

Ribisi I would question why the police or whoever is doing it would put these figures out if not to spread fear! And to suggest the population take care about leaving their kids with people they dont know and they should take care cos they might be a paedo.
wft
The lunatics are running the asylum
As if most parents cant think for themselves or judge situations

CEOP LINK
http://www.ceop.police.uk/Media-Centre/Press-releases/2012/A-child-goes-missing-in-the-UK-every-3-minutes/

Now this is a USA link, a country with a six fold population to the UK but they have 800,000 a year?

http://www.ncmec.org/missingkids/servlet/PageServlet?LanguageCountry=en_US&PageId=2810

Inspectorfrost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 10.02.13 18:39

I estimate there are potentially 1,000 weeds in my garden. Unless I dig them up, root them out and eradicate them my number theory is pointless other than I can expect to have a lot more weeds in the future.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost on 10.02.13 18:49

@aquila wrote:I estimate there are potentially 1,000 weeds in my garden. Unless I dig them up, root them out and eradicate them my number theory is pointless other than I can expect to have a lot more weeds in the future.
paedophilia is not a contagious disease
i would also hope you had the freedom to go out into your garden or do anything else day to day with your kids or grandkids with freedom without having a fear that a paedo is round the corner!

Inspectorfrost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 10.02.13 21:59

@Inspectorfrost wrote:
@aquila wrote:I estimate there are potentially 1,000 weeds in my garden. Unless I dig them up, root them out and eradicate them my number theory is pointless other than I can expect to have a lot more weeds in the future.
i would also hope you had the freedom to go out into your garden or do anything else day to day with your kids or grandkids with freedom without having a fear that a paedo is round the corner!

Did Aquila say it is? She's speaking metaphorically. You're in need of commas IF, if I'm to understand you.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost on 10.02.13 23:22

@tigger wrote:
@Inspectorfrost wrote:

Did Aquila say it is? She's speaking metaphorically. You're in need of commas IF, if I'm to understand you.
No, I guess they didnt. On reading it again I guess they were saying the more that are found and put away the better. But suggesting that by not eradicating them they somehow grow in number? Anyway, my main point was about fear instilling! Sorry about the lack of commas.

Inspectorfrost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum