The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Huhne Pleads GUILTY

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Huhne Pleads GUILTY

Post by PeterMac on 04.02.13 10:35

Nothing particulatly notable about that. He was 'bang to rights', dropped in it by his wife, and exposed by his lies.
So many are
except that . . .
In a separate development, Huhne's lawyer announced that he would be seeking to dismiss the charge on the basis that there is no case for him to answer.
The former Energy and Climate Change Secretary has hired barrister John Kelsey Fry, QC, who successfully defended Tottenham Hotspur manager Harry Redknapp against tax evasion charges earlier this year. He hopes to be exonerated within weeks.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2153103/Chris-Huhne-forced-speeding-points-says-ex-wife-denies-perverting-course-justice.html

Not even a Silk could help. The facts are the facts.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Huhne Pleads GUILTY

Post by bobbin on 04.02.13 11:38

@PeterMac wrote:Nothing particulatly notable about that. He was 'bang to rights', dropped in it by his wife, and exposed by his lies.
So many are
except that . . .
In a separate development, Huhne's lawyer announced that he would be seeking to dismiss the charge on the basis that there is no case for him to answer.
The former Energy and Climate Change Secretary has hired barrister John Kelsey Fry, QC, who successfully defended Tottenham Hotspur manager Harry Redknapp against tax evasion charges earlier this year. He hopes to be exonerated within weeks.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2153103/Chris-Huhne-forced-speeding-points-says-ex-wife-denies-perverting-course-justice.html

Not even a Silk could help. The facts are the facts.

Now if he hadn't gone off with another woman, would this case have been brought. It highlights that people can be forced by circumstances within a marriage, and this can keep them 'locked in together'. What hell that must be for some couples. Who needs state prison when it can happen within a pact or contract of some sort.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 04.02.13 13:10

And his ex-wife is pleading NOT guilty on the grounds of Marital coercion.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 04.02.13 13:16

8 May 2011:
When a Sunday newspaper first made the allegation, a senior Lib Dem source said: “These claims have been made before against Chris and he maintains that they are completely untrue.”

16 May 2011:
After a complaint was made to the police: “All I want to say is these allegations are simply incorrect. They’ve been made before and they’ve been shown to be untrue. I very much welcome the referral to the police.”

20 September 2011:
Asked whether he would resign if the police charged him: “We'll have to wait and see, but I don't anticipate that as a likely outcome. I'm hopeful that the Crown Prosecution Service will reach the conclusion that there is not a case to answer. I'm delighted to say that there's an official inquiry into all of this stuff and I hope that is going to draw a line under it.”

3 Feb 2012:
After being charged and resigning as Energy Secretary: “I am innocent of the charges. I am going to fight this in the courts and I am confident a jury will agree.”

4 Feb 2013:
Southwark Crown Court. The charge was read out by Mr Justice Sweeney and Huhne was asked how he pleaded. He replied: “Guilty”.

That is how it works.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by listener on 04.02.13 13:19

BBC just said this offense took place 10 years ago!
And the trial was only due to start today.
This, so-called, 'top' Lib-Dem has lied to the electorate for 10 years!

What's new in politics?

edit - after reading PM's post, perhaps she meant 2 years or perhaps I miss-heard ?

edit again - No, they just repeated this originated in 2003!

listener

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Southgate on 04.02.13 13:23

There was an MP called Chris Huhne,

Who suddenly altered his tune,

Now stop beaing beastly,

As the MP for Eastleigh,

Is exiting parliament soon.

Bob Southgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 04.02.13 13:44

@listener wrote:BBC just said this offense took place 10 years ago!
And the trial was only due to start today.
This, so-called, 'top' Lib-Dem has lied to the electorate for 10 years!

What's new in politics?

edit - after reading PM's post, perhaps she meant 2 years or perhaps I miss-heard ?

edit again - No, they just repeated this originated in 2003!

After 10 years of lying he now says he is taking 'responsibility' for his actions! big grin

Now where else have I seen constant lies of denials against the obvious truth!

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 04.02.13 14:13

@Bob Southgate wrote:There was an MP called Chris Huhne,
Who suddenly altered his tune,
Now stop being beastly,
As the MP for Eastleigh,
Is exiting parliament soon.
Brilliant. big grin

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 04.02.13 14:21

oh dear and his new woman lost her libel case against the daily mail. Wasn't she going to appeal that decision - not heard anything further about that. I think his wife is well shot of him. Can't stand him.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by roy rovers on 04.02.13 15:10

Another mega liar.

roy rovers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chrissie on 04.02.13 15:39

@plebgate wrote:oh dear and his new woman lost her libel case against the daily mail. Wasn't she going to appeal that decision - not heard anything further about that. I think his wife is well shot of him. Can't stand him.

His son can't stand him either apparently:

http://order-order.com/2013/02/04/peter-huhnes-texts-to-lying-father/

chrissie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob on 04.02.13 15:59

Interesting that his own son threatened to go to the police if he didn't come clean.

Some others would do well to take note of this!

ShuBob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chrissie on 04.02.13 16:12

I agree ShuBob. The only reason he pleaded guilty was because he knew the court had the text messages. There's a bit more here:

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/at-a-glance/main-section/family-affair-chris-huhne-s-texts-to-his-son-1-5380443#.UQ_XyKq-Wf0.twitter

chrissie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob on 04.02.13 17:30

Thanks Chrissie.

The Tapas 9 face being done a "Vicky Pryce" should their relationship degenerate. What a life, eh!

ShuBob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 04.02.13 17:47

@roy rovers wrote:Another mega liar.
- supported by herds of lawyers, up to and including a silk.
Let us not lose sight of that.
There can be a tendency for people to look at the size and power of the legal team and equate it with the power and truth of the arguments.
In practice, certainly in the criminal law the exact opposite is the case.
An accused who turns up with a Silk is almost certainly guilty and fighting for his life.
Otherwise a normal mouthpiece would do perfectly well.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Inspectorfrost on 04.02.13 20:46

@PeterMac wrote:
@roy rovers wrote:Another mega liar.
- supported by herds of lawyers, up to and including a silk.
Let us not lose sight of that.
There can be a tendency for people to look at the size and power of the legal team and equate it with the power and truth of the arguments.
In practice, certainly in the criminal law the exact opposite is the case.
An accused who turns up with a Silk is almost certainly guilty and fighting for his life.
Otherwise a normal mouthpiece would do perfectly well.

This is very true!
If you have sky plus, try searching for an itv drama in five parts called Injustice. it's on On Demand and Catch up, ITV, Drama

It was very gripping, and educational. Having said that, there is another series called Judge John Deed, and he and the silk he works with fight to exonerate the truly innocent, though that series is more about political cases.

Inspectorfrost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 04.02.13 22:52

Thanks for the link Chrissie. So sad for his son.
Here is a link which shows just what a hypocrite he is:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1288190/Chris-Huhne-dumped-wife-shamelessly-played-family-values-election.html#axzz2JwKczmXB
Hope it works.
Fancy having to read that about your father and his new woman.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Look at the parallels

Post by PeterMac on 05.02.13 9:07

Twenty months ago, I had lunch with my old university chum Chris Huhne. Without qualification or hesitation, he told me he had not asked his former wife, Vicky Pryce, to take speeding points for him in March 2003.
It was hard to believe this because the evidence seemingly stacked up against him. Nonetheless, when an old friend looks you in the eye and assures you that he is innocent, you want to believe him. I certainly did.
Now Mr Huhne has announced that he was guilty after all. In the great scheme of things, his lie to me was of microscopic importance, though that does not prevent it from being a little painful. It is the enormity of the lie to everyone else that is so amazing.

In falsely maintaining his innocence, he has lied to the Prime Minister, his Liberal Democrat colleagues and his constituents. He has also lied to the judge at Southwark Crown Court, to whom he made a 'not guilty' plea as recently as last week.
Most serious of all, he has lied to the country as a Minister of the Crown. When he resigned from the Cabinet almost exactly a year ago, he stood in front of television cameras and informed the nation that he was innocent of 'deeply regrettable' charges and intended to 'fight them in the courts'.
Consider the waste of money - much of it public money -and time and energy that followed from his decision to try to turn truth on its head. Months have been spent in legal wrangles as his expensive lawyers tried in vain to get the case struck off for this or that reason.
Mr Huhne knew he was guilty but was prepared to move heaven and earth in order to convince the rest of us that he wasn't. He could have - and obviously should have - admitted his guilt, taken his punishment, and opened the way to the possibility of redemption and ultimate political rehabilitation.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2273508/How-friend-Chris-thought-little-people-abide-rules.html

Now, as they say, just change a few names, and what do we see ?

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique on 05.02.13 10:49

LibDem Chris Huhne on crime and punishment (2008) - YouTube
www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBh5wJLCl5M&feature...gdata
13 hours ago – Liberal Democrat Chris Huhne at the 2008 LibDem conference talks about crime and punishment. Ironic sentiments after admitting he did ...

Honest, upright and berating the criminals - whats that say about pride and falling!

Angelique

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13.05.13 9:35

So he's released from prison after only serving a quarter of his sentence.......

Huhne and Pryce released from prison

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22507000

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 13.05.13 10:58

candyfloss wrote:So he's released from prison after only serving a quarter of his sentence.......

Huhne and Pryce released from prison

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22507000

It was only ever going to be 'gardening duties' as punishment. Going to prison for lying MP's can result in much more income from book sales (Jeffrey Archer springs to mind - and he's still a Lord!), television appearances, consultancy work, more television and media interviews, or in the case of a particularly horrid couple a whole new direction in television (I'm still referring to MP's).

It's almost the new 'tattoo' without actually having a tattoo. Tattoo's for the posh. 9 weeks in jail and watch their careers morph into something 'meaningful' and 'productive'.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

And now the fall out starts

Post by PeterMac on 12.06.13 15:29

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2340178/Britains-black-woman-judge-Constance-Briscoe-charged-intending-pervert-course-justice.html

Britain's top black woman judge Constance Briscoe charged with intending to pervert course of justice over Chris Huhne's points swap case

• Briscoe, 56, of Clapham, London, is accused of two counts of the offence

• Part-time judge will appear at Westminster Magistrates' Court on June 24
  • It is connected with the case of ex-minister Chris Huhne and Vicky Pryce

Not even the high and mighty are safe

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 12.06.13 15:44

@PeterMac wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2340178/Britains-black-woman-judge-Constance-Briscoe-charged-intending-pervert-course-justice.html

Britain's top black woman judge Constance Briscoe charged with intending to pervert course of justice over Chris Huhne's points swap case

• Briscoe, 56, of Clapham, London, is accused of two counts of the offence

• Part-time judge will appear at Westminster Magistrates' Court on June 24
  • It is connected with the case of ex-minister Chris Huhne and Vicky Pryce

Not even the high and mighty are safe

You have to cringe at the DM headline 'Britain's top black woman judge'. What happened to 'British Judge' or is there a league table of male/female judges and a separate league table for black male/female judges?

Anyway, if a British judge can be charged then it's positive that even the high and mighty aren't safe.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by happychick on 12.06.13 15:47

I wonder why the DM had to mention that she is black? If she were white they wouldn't say Britain's top white woman judge. 

Glad she's being charged though, just goes to show that even she isn't above the law.

happychick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 12.06.13 16:02

I suspect because she isn't Britain's top judge, nor Britain's top woman judge.
Only by narrowing the criteria can they call her "top".

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum