The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

OPERATION FERNBRIDGE: Timebomb at Elm Guest House:

Page 3 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: OPERATION FERNBRIDGE: Timebomb at Elm Guest House:

Post by Guest on 22.12.13 9:58

OMG, another one who should have been brought out into the open decades ago,

Just found this artical:

Friday, September 27, 1991

Case of Lord Greville Janner

http://theawarenesscenter.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/case-of-lord-greville-janner.html

snipped

Several years later, in 1997, Janner was ennobled and took the title Baron of Braunstone. The man responsible for ennobling Greville Janner was Tony Blair (former Labor Party Prime Minister). As a member of the House of Lords, who are appointed essentially by the Sovereign on the recommendation of the Prime Minister rather than voted in as are the members of the House of Commons, Janner cannot be removed from office by the people. A "privilege" enjoyed by both Houses is that of freedom from arrest, although it is not total any longer.

And this is how they are rewarded for being a child molester, protecting their own at the highest level.

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 07.08.14 21:01

CPS to reinstate key charges after error over Elm Guest House.

Prosecutors: Decision to drop case of one witness's claims of child sexual abuse 'was wrong'.

http://www.exaronews.com/articles/5339/cps-to-reinstate-key-charges-after-error-over-elm-guest-house#.U-JAxrrq7Gd.twitter

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sar on 08.08.14 10:30

@Doug D wrote:CPS to reinstate key charges after error over Elm Guest House.

Prosecutors: Decision to drop case of one witness's claims of child sexual abuse 'was wrong'.

http://www.exaronews.com/articles/5339/cps-to-reinstate-key-charges-after-error-over-elm-guest-house#.U-JAxrrq7Gd.twitter
"Whoops..silly us, fancy us making a mistake!"   Really???   Sounds like things are moving along and a cover up was planned but due to events has been decided against.  All in my opinion of course, nothing stated as a fact.

sar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 14.08.14 8:43

When reading this article, I was shocked by how much information is in it. Not just the political names linked to Elm Guest House, but the fact that it concerns a P ring consisting of high ranking professionals, working together within highly influential circles. There is also mention of cover ups/ lost evidence and the like, and shockingly this poor woman's account that the abuse against her was co-ordinated BY HER OWN FATHER.

A well known campaigner against child abuse even pops up, again, as she was once romantically linked to one of the alleged abusers. I'm not suggesting anything here, just pointing out what is stated in the article. This person has been in the press a lot lately, mainly expressing much shock about people close to her being linked to abuse cases. Indeed, many of the same names keep cropping up again and again, in the many different cases of high level abuse, it's a bit like the overlaps within a Venn diagram.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2724386/I-raped-aged-4-aide-Thatcher-Woman-claims-abused-senior-Conservative-MP-visited-notorious-guest-house-paedophile-Cyril-Smith.html

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 14.08.14 9:34

Rose Quartz wrote:When reading this article, I was shocked by how much information is in it.

Indeed.
I was shocked and at the same time in fact DELIGHTED by how much information is in it.
Main Stream Media publishing this, including the "involvement" of the Rantzen creature, who becomes more odious by the hour, and whose invention of the Childline
system looks more and more as if it was there to screen reports and to keep them AWAY from the police
(I don't have evidence for this, but the simple question "Did you refer EVERY call you received to the Police ? " should cover it. Any reply other than an unequivocal YES, accompanied by the crime or enquiry number allocated, which Childline would surely keep on their files . . . .)

The Met cannot cover / whitewash / conceal this.
Nor can Parliament
Too much is out there.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Full article before it gets C-R'ed

Post by PeterMac on 14.08.14 9:41

They have stopped taking comments so it may get whooshed.
For posterity therefore
I was raped aged 4 by top aide to Thatcher: Woman claims she was abused by senior Conservative MP who visited notorious guest house with paedophile Cyril Smith
Susie Henderson, 48, says she was raped by Sir Nicholas Fairbairn
Tory politician was solicitor general for Scotland, and Perth and Ross MP
MP died in 1995, aged 61, and was a favourite of Margaret Thatcher
Miss Henderson says she was abused by late father, a prominent QC
New evidence suggests Fairbairn visited Elm Guest House
Property is the focus of investigation into alleged paedophile ring in 1980s

By EMMA COWING and GRAHAM GRANT
PUBLISHED: 23:00 GMT, 13 August 2014 | UPDATED: 07:15 GMT, 14 August 2014

Susie Henderson claims she was raped at the age of four by Sir Nicholas Fairbairn, a senior Tory MP who was one of Margaret Thatcher's closest allies
A woman last night claimed she was raped at the age of four by a senior Tory MP who was one of Margaret Thatcher’s closest allies.
Susie Henderson waived her right to anonymity to describe the appalling abuse she alleges was inflicted on her by Sir Nicholas Fairbairn.
The late Conservative politician, who was appointed solicitor general for Scotland by Mrs Thatcher when she became prime minister, has been linked to the child abuse scandal threatening to engulf Westminster.
Last month evidence came to light which suggests Sir Nicholas may have visited the Elm Guest House which serial abuser Cyril Smith attended. The property in Barnes, south-west London, is the focus of a Scotland Yard investigation into an alleged Establishment paedophile ring in the 1980s.
The evidence emerged weeks after Home Secretary Theresa May announced a Hillsborough-style inquiry into claims of paedophile activities in Parliament and other public institutions.
Now, Miss Henderson, 48, has told the Mail that she was raped as a young child by Sir Nicholas – and that she also suffered years of sexual assaults by her late father, prominent Scottish QC Robert Henderson, who was a friend of the MP.
She said of Sir Nicholas: ‘I hated that man,’ adding: ‘More than I hated my father. He just really wasn’t a nice man.
‘I want it acknowledged that my father and Fairbairn did something very evil. Not just to me. There are other children out there.’ Miss Henderson first made her allegations against Sir Nicholas – famous for his outspoken views, frock-coat suits and tartan trousers – and her father under the alias of ‘Julie X’ in 2000 but an initial police investigation did not lead to any charges.

A magic circle of judges, a sex abuse probe and the sinister truth about the Fettesgate scandal
Prolific paedophile with 30-year criminal record abused girl, 10, he lured into his home after housing association allowed him to live near a PLAYGROUND
Paedophile killer of five-year-old April Jones won't get payout for being slashed across the face by another prisoner
Sir Nicholas, flamboyant MP for Perth and Kinross, died in 1995, aged 61. Twice-married, he once described his pastimes as: ‘Making love, ends meet and people laugh.’
The MP from 1974 to 1995 was a favourite of Mrs Thatcher because of his right-wing views and his noisily expressed adoration of her. He once claimed to enjoy a ‘special chemistry’ with the former Prime Minister and wrote in The Spectator magazine about her: ‘Sexually attractive, no, but certainly bonny.’ Miss Henderson, whose father died in 2012 aged 75, claims Sir Nicholas first abused her at one of her father’s parties at his Edinburgh home. She said: ‘We were in the kitchen. I was maybe four years old, I could have been younger.

'Evil': Miss Henderson, pictured as a child (right), claims Sir Nicholas (left), who died in 1995, first abused her at one of her father’s parties at his Edinburgh home

Father: Miss Henderson also claims she suffered years of sexual assaults by her late father, prominent Scottish QC Robert Henderson, who was a friend of the MP
‘I had a skirt on and Nicholas and my dad had been drinking, and my dad told me to sit on Nicholas’s knee. I sat on his knee and he put his hand up my skirt and abused me. My dad just stood there laughing.’
Recalling another incident, Miss Henderson, who lives near Inverness, claimed Sir Nicholas raped her when she was in bed with him and ‘another guy’ in a guest room on the top floor of her five-storey family home.
She says she was just four or five years old at the time, and remembers the pungent smell of his feet. Sobbing, she said she was not sure how many times Sir Nicholas abused her but says it was ‘a lot,’ adding: ‘Even once is too much.’ Last night Sir Nicholas’s daughter Charlotte, 50, told the Mail that while she ‘did not know’ whether her father had carried out the alleged abuse, she very much doubted it. She said: ‘I don’t really want to know anything about it, I would be very surprised by that [the claims made against her father], but he is dead. He’s not here to defend himself.
‘It would sound hollow if I said, “He’s innocent.” I don’t know, though I completely and utterly doubt it [that he was an abuser.] It’s all such a long time ago. I hope it’s not true.’
Lists of VIP visitors to the Elm Guest House – which hosted parties in the 1980s where it is alleged vulnerable boys were sexually assaulted – are now being used by police as evidence in their inquiry, Operation Fernbridge. One document states politicians including ‘N Fairburn’ and C Smith’ visited the property in June 1982.
They also state ‘Fairburn’ had ‘used boys in sauna’ and photos had been taken of him – as well as former Liberal MP Smith – at the guest house. Police have confirmed that Smith was a regular visitor to the address.
Last month broadcaster Esther Rantzen spoke of her revulsion after learning Sir Nicholas, with whom she had an affair after they met in a BBC studio in 1966, had been implicated in the scandal.
Miss Henderson, speaking publicly after Sir Nicholas was linked to the guest house, said: ‘I knew this would come out.
‘I’m only surprised it has taken so long. I told the police about him in 2000, I told them what Fairbairn was. But they just wanted me to go away.

Investigation: Last month evidence came to light which suggests Sir Nicholas may have visited the Elm Guest House which serial abuser Cyril Smith (pictured) attended
My father was feted by legal establishment, but was really a monster who let his powerful friends rape me
Every night before five-year-old Susie Henderson went to sleep, she would arrange her dolls around her bed. She wasn’t playing, she was hiding. Four decades on, it is a memory that still haunts her.
‘I put them there thinking that, when my father came for me in the night, he wouldn’t know it was me and he would take one of my dolls instead,’ she says. ‘But he never did.’
Now 48, Miss Henderson has spent a lifetime in hiding. For the past 14 years she has been known only as ‘Julie X’, the anonymous woman who in 2000 made allegations of child sexual abuse against her father – a senior member of the legal profession – and MP Sir Nicholas Fairbairn, the former Solicitor General for Scotland and a member of Margaret Thatcher’s inner circle.
Channel 4's Dispatches uncover Cyril Smith's dark past

Speaking out: Miss Henderson has spent a lifetime in hiding, and for the past 14 years has been known only as 'Julue X', the anonymous woman who in 2000 made allegations of child sexual abuse against her father and Sir Nicholas
Today, Miss Henderson has waived her anonymity to detail the abuse she suffered at the hands of her father, the late Robert Henderson QC, one of Scotland’s top advocates and a close friend and former colleague of Fairbairn. Henderson died in December 2012, Fairbairn in 1995.
In the wake of the paedophile scandal threatening to engulf Westminster in which Fairbairn was recently implicated, Miss Henderson has chosen to come forward to tell her story.
She is calling for the police investigation into Henderson and Fairbairn, which was halted in 2000 after details were leaked to the Press and evidence was mislaid, to be re-opened.
She has also given the Scottish Daily Mail the names of six other senior members of the Scottish legal profession who she alleges either abused her or were aware of the abuse, which took place in the 1970s. Two of these individuals are still alive.
Today Miss Henderson lives a quiet life near Inverness with her partner, who fully supports her decision to tell her story, saying: ‘Over the years, Susie has lived in fear – but once other stories about Fairbairn started to come out, we realised that she could finally do this without fear. She can get closure.’

Miss Henderson works in social care, has a grown-up son and at weekends walks her dog along the windswept beaches near her home. She is well-spoken and articulate, with a ready smile and a mischievous sense of humour.
Yet her life is still overshadowed by the monstrous actions of her father and his friends – a set of high-powered legal figures who, she says, ritually abused her as part of an organised paedophile ring in the early 1970s when she was between four and eight years old.
‘It’s really only in my 40s that I’ve started living my life,’ she says. ‘I have good days and I have bad days. It will never go away and I get horrendous nightmares at times but, because my father is dead now, I’m not as scared as I used to be.’
Miss Henderson was born in 1966 into a life of Edinburgh privilege. Her father and his first wife, her mother, lived in a five-storey Georgian townhouse in the New Town. Parties were common and Henderson, a rising star in the Scottish legal profession, was a flamboyant and charming man-about-town.
'I have horrendous nightmares, it will never go away'
But behind closed doors he was a monster. He often beat his wife and young Susie was regularly belted: ‘He threw my Mum and me out in the snow one night when he brought a woman home.
‘He used to jump out of wardrobes to frighten people. He drank very heavily. There were always people round at the house and my Mum was just the slave.’
Henderson could be sadistically cruel towards his family. His daughter recalls: ‘One time he came home unexpectedly and I had my pet hamster out. I wasn’t allowed to have it out when he was there and I was terrified he’d go crazy. But he didn’t do anything, he just said: “Put that away.”’
‘The next morning when I went downstairs, it was stuffed into a milk bottle. He’d killed it. That was my punishment for letting it out.’
Yet Henderson could also be urbane and charismatic. Well thought-of among the political establishment, he twice stood as a Tory candidate for Parliament during the 1970s in Inverness-shire.
‘He could be very charming, usually when drunk,’ says Miss Henderson. ‘I can’t remember him being a loving man but he could be quite nice. He wasn’t always horrendous.’
She believes her father started abusing her around the age of three and sexually abused her repeatedly until she was eight years old: ‘He would say to my Mum when he came back from the pub, “I’ll take Susie for a nap.” And that was when he’d do it. He always put a pillow over my head. Another time in the bath he abused me and put my head under the water.’

History: Miss Henderson believes her father started abusing her around the age of three and sexually abused her repeatedly until she was eight years old
The house was often full of people, her father’s friends, who she says also abused her, or were fully aware of what was going on: ‘I was told that whatever anybody wanted I was to do it, no matter what it was.
‘My father had parties where I had to dance for people. He’d then put me in a bedroom. People came in. They had drugs there, lots of drink. My Dad used to give me drink.’
She clearly remembers the first time Fairbairn abused her at one of her father’s parties: ‘We were in the kitchen. I was maybe four years old. I had a skirt on and Nicholas and my Dad had been drinking, and my Dad told me to sit on Nicholas’s knee. I sat on his knee and he put his hand up my skirt and abused me. My Dad just stood there laughing.’
She remembers another incident involving Fairbairn: ‘The house was five floors and the top floor was where the guests used to stay. I was in bed in the guest room with Fairbairn and another guy.’
She alleges that on this occasion Fairbairn raped her. She was just four or five years old. Today, she sobs quietly as she recalls the incident and details such as the pungent smell of Fairbairn’s feet: ‘I hated that man – more than I hated my father. He just really wasn’t a nice man.’ She is not sure how many times Fairbairn abused her but says it was ‘a lot’, adding: ‘Even once is too much.’
Last month, Fairbairn was named as one of those believed to have visited the notorious Elm Guest House in London. A handwritten list of visitors to the guest house – which hosted parties in the 1980s where vulnerable boys were sexually assaulted after being plied with alcohol – states that a number of politicians including ‘N Fairburn’ and ‘C Smith’ – visited the property on June 7, 1982.
‘C Smith’ is believed to be Cyril Smith, the Liberal MP who has been exposed as a serial paedophile and who police have confirmed was a regular visitor to the brothel.
The documents also state that ‘Fairburn’ had ‘used boys in sauna’ and that photographs had been taken of him at the guest house. Despite the spelling discrepancy over Fairbairn/Fairburn, there have now been calls for a full investigation to establish whether or not Fairbairn was involved. Miss Henderson says she is not surprised: ‘I knew this would come out. I’m only surprised it has taken so long. I told the police about him in 2000, I told them what Fairbairn was. But they just wanted me to go away.’
The regular abuse stopped when she was eight years old and her mother left Henderson, taking Miss Henderson with her. It continued sporadically until she was around 12, whenever Henderson had custody of her.
‘Occasionally I would go and stay at my father’s,’ she says. ‘We never went to the pictures or did anything normal as father and daughter.
‘There were parties and drink and drugs and people half-naked. I remember him taking me to a sauna one time. Another time, he took me to a judge’s house and left me there.’
Miss Henderson knows that parts of her story may sound unbelievable: ‘Who would believe that the solicitor general and other top lawyers would be abusing children? Especially back in the 1970s and early 1980s. Those kind of things weren’t talked about.’
She kept in touch with her father during her teenage years – a decision which might seem incomprehensible.

Flooding back: Following the birth of her son in her twenties, Miss Henderson suffered debilitating post-natal depression that caused many memories of those terrible times to come flooding back
‘I always wanted his approval,’ she says quietly. ‘I always wanted him to love me. I had this vision of what I wanted him to be. All my friends had nice Dads.
‘And, as I said, he could be really, really charming. But when he was angry or drunk he was something totally different.’
Those questioning why Henderson was not brought to justice while he was alive may remember the Fettesgate scandal of the 1990s, when it was alleged that a magic circle of legal figures was conspiring to fix sentences. The case was eventually thrown out of court.
Miss Henderson says: ‘With the Fettesgate scandal, my father had a list of all the prominent people involved and he used to just laugh. He would say, “If I go down, they’ll all go down with me.”
'He told me he could put me six feet under'
‘He had all this evidence. He showed me. He just thought it was all hysterical. He knew he would take the whole lot of them with him. That’s why it was all hush-hushed.’
And so it was that in 2000, having agreed to speak anonymously about her experiences to Sandra Brown, author of a book about child abuse called Where There is Evil, she found her story greeted with scepticism.
Senior Tories rallied to Fairbairn’s defence, describing her allegations as ‘absolute rubbish’.
Fairbairn’s daughter Charlotte dismissed the claims. Henderson, by then retired but still a prominent member of the legal establishment, phoned his daughter and warned her not to continue making allegations.
‘He told me he could put me six feet under,’ says Miss Henderson, whose claims were investigated by the police. They interviewed both her and her mother, who supported her daughter’s claims.
But following a mysterious leak to the Press and the loss of evidence, Miss Henderson halted the investigation. She explains now that the police had ‘told me nobody would know until the investigation was over, but I was only half-way through my statement when it was leaked.
‘To have that happen to you, when it had taken me years to get to the point where I felt it was time for justice, was devastating. I was just a whimpering mess. I couldn’t go on.’
At the time, she handed a number of key pieces of evidence to police. She asked for their return several times over the years but was always told they were in a ‘safe’ place. Recently she was told that they had been ‘mislaid’.

Hopeful: Miss Henderson feels that finally people will understand that she is telling the truth about Fairbairn: 'I know - I hope - I will be believed'
‘I want answers for that,’ she says. ‘I want my stuff back. And I want it acknowledged that my father and Fairbairn did something very evil. Not just to me. There are other children out there.
‘And these were people in power. We put them there and they are supposed to be trusted. It’s not right.’
Miss Henderson has lived with the scars, physical and mental, of the abuse all her life. As a teenager she developed an eating disorder. Following the birth of her son in her twenties, she suffered debilitating post-natal depression that caused many memories of those terrible times to come flooding back.
Eventually, she spent time in a psychiatric unit. Today, however, she feels that finally people will understand that she is telling the truth about Fairbairn: ‘I know – I hope – I will be believed.
‘He used to pay me money for it,’ she adds. ‘A pound here, a pound there. It was as if it was his way of thinking it was OK, because he’d paid for it.’
And like many abuse victims, for a long time she believed it was her own fault.
‘I used to feel guilty,’ she says. ‘I don’t feel guilty any more. Now I’m able to stand up and have a voice.’

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nomendelta on 14.08.14 9:46

I found Fairbairn's daughter's reply somewhat interesting. "I would be very surprised if it was true". I just can't imagine anyone I know reacting with those words if their father had just been accused of such an unspeakable act.

nomendelta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 14.08.14 12:49

PeterMac, if (and I stress the "if") anyone ever rang Childline with allegations about Jimmy Savile, wouldn't these people now be coming forward proclaiming that nothing was done?

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 14.08.14 13:23

A lot of people are frightened to open links NFWTD.

‘Sir Cliff Richard's home searched by police’

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28790718

Police are searching a Berkshire property belonging to Sir Cliff Richard in relation to an alleged historical sex offence.
A number of items were removed from the property in the Sunningdale area for further investigation, but no arrests have been made.
A police spokesman said the allegation involved a boy under 16 and dated from the 1980s in the South Yorkshire area.
The search is not connected to Operation Yewtree, police said. (Yewtree is the abuse/Saville investigation)
But officers from that operation have been notified, a South Yorkshire Police spokesman added.

eta. Interesting they say 'not Yewtree', as I suppose the 'South Yorkshire area' seems to tie it into that rather than
Fernbridge where the Elm Guest House list with 'Kitty' etc are listed.

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 14.08.14 13:26

WOW indeed NFWTD! On the BBC news website no less!

Been waiting a while for the truth to come out about 'Kitty'. Looks like that cat is out of the bag now.

To say I'm stunned by what I've seen in the MSM today is an understatement! First the Daily Mail article (see above) and now this. Names being named, BIG NAMES!

Back to top Go down

And the Mail - before it is whooshed

Post by PeterMac on 14.08.14 13:29

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2724827/BREAKING-NEWS-Police-search-home-belonging-Cliff-Richard-historic-sex-abuse-investigation.html
BREAKING NEWS: Police search home belonging to Cliff Richard as part of historic sex abuse investigation into claims made by underage boy
Police officers seen at Sunningdale , Berkshire property of entertainer, 73
The singer is currently believed to be at holiday home in Portugal
The allegations relate to an underage boy and took place in 1980s, police say
By SAM WEBB
PUBLISHED: 12:07 GMT, 14 August 2014 | UPDATED: 12:22 GMT, 14 August 2014

Police were seen taking items from the home of Sir Cliff Richard. The allegations involve a boy under 16 and date back to the 1980s'
Police are searching the Berkshire property belonging to Sir Cliff Richard in relation to an alleged historical sex offence, it has been reported.
Police were seen taking a number of items from the property in the Sunningdale area for further investigation. No arrests have been made.
A police spokesman said the allegation involved a boy under 16 and dated from the 1980s in the South Yorkshire area.
He said: 'Police have gained entry to a property in the Sunningdale area of Berkshire.
'Officers are currently searching the property.
'A search warrant was granted after police received an allegation of a sexual nature dating back to the 1980s involving a boy who was under the age of 16 at the time.
'No one has been arrested and the owner of the property was not present.'
The search is not connected to Operation Yewtree, police said, but officers have been notified, a South Yorkshire Police spokesman added.
The BBC has reported that the entertainer is currently in his home in the Algarve in Portugal.
A Thames Valley Police spokesman said: 'We can confirm that Thames Valley Police has today assisted South Yorkshire Police with the execution of a search warrant at an address in Sunningdale, Berkshire.'
The singer was knighted in 1995 and sang at the Queen's Golden Jubilee in 2002.
Born Harry Webb in 1940 in Lucknow, India, his father was a catering contractor for Indian Railways while his mother worked as a matron at a girls' school.
After moving back to Britain where he lived in Carshalton, south west London, he shot to fame as a young heartthrob with the style of chart-toppers like Elvis Presley and his musical hero Little Richard.
The singer shot to fame in the 1950s and 1960s with his backing group The Shadows and is the only singer ever to have had Number One singles in five consecutive decades.

Investigation: Grabs from news footage showing police arriving at the home of Sir Cliff Richard near Sunningdale, Berkshire. A convoy of cars were seen entering the complex today

Are / is the Main Stream Media beginning to get fed up with having to pretend they don't know ?

And since he has a house in the Algarve, have the McCanns nominated him as a person of interest ?

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nomendelta on 14.08.14 13:47

This is a big one - if he is found to be guilty as many have been saying for years then we have irrefutable proof of the corruption of the supposed free press.

Rumours have dogged Cliff for years yet the press portray him as squeaky clean. Yet they set up elaborate stings to snare no-mark celebs. It bleeping outrages me.

nomendelta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 14.08.14 14:02

You may be right.
1  He is still alive, so far as we know.
2  The Mail says this is NOT a Fernbridge operation - so there will be liaison and whatever they have may get added to whatever the other lot have
3  As you say EVERYONE has known about it for years, decades in some cases, and so the Press may be pleased to reveal why they did not print it earlier
4  If so, they may be able to identify the exact source  of any pressure they were put under - Libel Lawyers, Government, or whoever
5  If 4 does NOT apply, then they may wish to explain why all the MSM behave in the same fashion at the same time

I am fascinated to know what the search warrant detailed, after all this time, and what evidence there was to allow the Magistrate to issue it.

PACE, s. 8
Power of justice of the peace to authorise entry and search of premises.

(1)If on an application made by a constable a justice of the peace is satisfied that there are reasonable grounds for believing
(a)that an indictable offence has been committed; and
(b)that there is material on premises mentioned in subsection (1A) below which is likely to be of substantial value (whether by itself or together with other material) to the investigation of the offence; and
(c)that the material is likely to be relevant evidence; and
(d)that it does not consist of or include items subject to legal privilege, excluded material or special procedure material; and
(e)that any of the conditions specified in subsection (3) below applies,
he may issue a warrant authorising a constable to enter and search the premises in relation to each set of premises specified in the application

These things are not just dished out at random, or on a whim.
In a case like this the standard of "proof' for the reasonable grounds - in both cases, the offence and the materials to be found - would be extremely high.
It would also very probably have involved liaison with the local CPS

Interesting times.
(Incidentally the twittersphere is already criticising people for tweeting - which surely means we may reasonably suppose that the McCann supporters also support paedo**** and do not wish it to be exposed and dealt with. Lovely people. )

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 14.08.14 14:28

@PeterMac wrote:

I am fascinated to know what the search warrant detailed, after all this time, and what evidence there was to allow the Magistrate to issue it.

It must be reasonable ground to justify the issuance of the search warrant.
What I would like to know is would they have monitored his movements, deliberately chose a day when he is not in residence in the property so that they can raid it in peace?

After Rolf Harris, now this, is the lid well and truly off, or more to come I wonder?

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 14.08.14 15:11

Missing People have whooshed him already - see the dedicated thread.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret on 14.08.14 16:24

Petermac, PM if necessary but what sort of items would be removed from cliffs apartment? Just computers l could think of, or diaries if they found any.

margaret

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Research_Reader on 14.08.14 17:11

When I saw the rumours circulating online about him some time back, people were suggesting that he'd deliberately become a citizen of Barbados to offer him some kind of protection from prosecution in the UK, but it wouldn't really offer him any would it?

Research_Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 14.08.14 17:38

@margaret wrote:Petermac, PM if necessary but what sort of items would be removed from cliffs apartment? Just computers l could think of, or diaries if they found any.

I have been trying to work that out myself.
This is now said to have been from a Billy Graham rally.  (Billy Graham - Net Worth 25 MILLION USD !)
Computers were almost unheard of in the 1980s, and in any event would have been upgraded many time since.
so I am left with very little idea, other than photos of them together - (think Haut la Garenne and the denial that the creature had ever been there)
He clearly does know what the allegations are, in some detail, since he is able to deny them "Completely."
So he is not merely responding to the vague and fizzy things said on the internet

BUT the warrant was issued, and it was executed in the full blaze of publicity.
By officers from South Yorkshire (Rally was in Sheffield) and Thames Valley.
Lots of planning, lots of cost, lots of having to justify the expense to extremely senior officers
Lots of talking to the CPS about what they will do with the information once they have got it.

You dont do that on a whim.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 14.08.14 17:57

Yes, according to BBC news reports the alleged incident occurred in 1985, and he bought this particular apartment in 2008. Forgive my ignorance, but what might they be looking for in a property someone moves into 23 years after an alleged crime, which allegedly happened elsewhere?

It wasn't done quietly either, was it? Trumpets, fanfares, BBC news helicopter filming the police driving into his gated development.....

Call me a cynic, but something has occurred to me. What if, and stay with me for a minute here...what if this is a false allegation, and when I say false I do not for one second suggest an alleged victim is lying, but that it has been invented completely. Then, Cliff screams denials, all is investigated (or so the public are led to believe) and it is declared that no proof is found, Cliff publicly declared innocent, a victim of the witch hunt blah de blah de blah.

There have been rumours about Cliff for years, there is much out there on the web which he acknowledged and denied in his public statement today, and that is what set my alarm bells ringing. He said something along the lines of 'being aware of allegations of this nature circulating on the internet, of which he is completely innocent' (not direct quote) etc. After the posthumous scalp of Saville, are the establishment pulling out all the stops to protect this one? Whilst being seen to investigate? Friends in high places and all that. Will this be enough to make the public look over there, not over here. "You SEE, all those nasty people saying bad stuff about Sir cliff and it's proven, PROVEN not to be true. So there".  Case closed.

I may have gone a step too far into conspiracy land here, but I hope I can be forgiven what with cover ups and whitewashes seemingly going on left right and centre!

Or maybe, just maybe, this is actually the first step of real justice being done?

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 14.08.14 17:58

@Research_Reader wrote:When I saw the rumours circulating online about him some time back, people were suggesting that he'd deliberately become a citizen of Barbados to offer him some kind of protection from prosecution in the UK, but it wouldn't really offer him any would it?

He is so famous.
There will be no where for him to hide if it comes to that.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on 14.08.14 18:42

If the alleged incident occurred in 1985, and he bought this particular apartment in 2008, then perhaps they're looking for information about the person who owned the apartment in 1985, rather than the current owner? Just a thought.

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 14.08.14 19:57

@canada12 wrote:If the alleged incident occurred in 1985, and he bought this particular apartment in 2008, then perhaps they're looking for information about the person who owned the apartment in 1985, rather than the current owner? Just a thought.
I doubt it's as simple as that canada12.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Research_Reader on 15.08.14 8:30

Is it possible that as well as looking for potential incriminating evidence one of the aims of this search yesterday was to generate maximum publicity in order to encourage other 'victims' or witnesses to come forward?

Research_Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 15.08.14 11:25

That's possible I think.

We don't of course know if CR is guilty of any offences but, speaking generally, the mere fact that a high profile person's name is now in the public arena could give victims the courage to come forward.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum